Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Accipiter posted:

RIGGED AND STOLLEN

man on the left is Beavis AND Butthead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This. I think putin fed him some bullshit and promise and then putin just played him. Tucker is a small fish relatively and much smaller post fox. The only people he has are dumb fucks like my uncle who think it’s all a great game by both to fight the “cabal”
Tucker is the one who gave all the concessions to even have the chance to interview him, Putin didn't promise him a single thing because he didn't need to. Tucker is just a former American cable news pundit sympathetic to Russia in his eyes, nothing more.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
man if only regressives didnt have their safe space hugboxes and actually did real work they wouldnt be such fragile bitches.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

uh oh, someone else got LOOMERED

:hmbol:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Celexi posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1755757290953515479

"we should tank god they didn't let you in"

lmao tucker gets more and more terrified of putin in that interview as it goes, get owned tucker

:lol:

:hmbol:

He got dunked on by his fascist overlord

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I wonder who chose that Tucker should do that interview in a tie bearing the colours of the Tsar's Banner

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I’ve been out of the loop for a few days and I guess tucker actually interviewed Putin?

Lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1755773492937540086?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

I’d like to think that Tucker got in to this interview under the impression that he and Putin had a pre-arranged set of questions and answers and then Putin completely ignored that and decided to do his own thing, dominating the little dipshit. And there’s nothing Tucker can do about it; whatever soft power and influence he wields as a right wing influencer means absolute nothing to a dictator of Putin’s calibre :allears:

Also congrats on literally every single bit of tech you took over there being hacked and tapped.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol if tucker gets injected full of rocket fuel in his sleep

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Tucker is there to make the strong man Putin look good, same as if Tucker interviews Donny. Tucker appearing weak is both expected of a sycophant and part of the plan. They need to keep selling this Trump Putin alliance because the base wants and expects some sort of excuse for these traitors. So Trump and Putin ring the fascism bell, Tucker and Musk and the rest of the right wing nutjob brigade supplicate and signal boost, and the base licks boot puts it back on their own necks and begs for a little more. Otherwise some of these people might have to admit they were wrong, and at this point they would rather burn it all down than face that sort of self reflection.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Couldnt that line be taken as flattery? «Thank god you didn’t get into the CIA because then you would have stolen all of soviet’s secrets»

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

ymgve posted:

Couldnt that line be taken as flattery? «Thank god you didn’t get into the CIA because then you would have stolen all of soviet’s secrets»

no because he followed it up with "i understand it is a serious organization" or w/e

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
Also the point of that was "I have a file on you"

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Putin’s posture reminding me of Kissenger’s the last few years. :lol:

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Overdue?

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Spindle posted:

Also the point of that was "I have a file on you"

:hmmyes:
What kompromat does Putin have on Tucker?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Cactus Ghost posted:

not, like, on a cosmic scale. did today batter on the scale of the upcoming presidential election

chuds are going to have their ammunition for the weekend until they get pissed at something at the super bowl on sunday

for everyone else, it doesn't look great but i doubt people are going to remember this within a week, let alone 9 months from now

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Remember when withdrawing from Afghanistan was supposed to be the greatest geopolitical and strategic failure since 9/11? Yeah, me neither.

Meantime Biden will likely continue to be largely fine while Trump pours out verbal diarrhea on a continuous basis.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I just want to state that I've never once needed to fold over my neck skin into a neckgina so that it could possibly fit into my shirt. It has come to my attention that others may have chosen to do otherwise.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

kuarduck posted:

:hmmyes:
What kompromat does Putin have on Tucker?

There might be plenty but don't kid yourself into thinking that's why he was there.

A court smacks Trunk across the face with an $83 million judgement. He clams up on the issue, completely out of character for him. A few weeks later Tucker goes to Russia and is talking directly to Putin - Turmper's manager and handler.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Accipiter posted:

There might be plenty but don't kid yourself into thinking that's why he was there.

A court smacks Trunk across the face with an $83 million judgement. He clams up on the issue, completely out of character for him. A few weeks later Tucker goes to Russia and is talking directly to Putin - Turmper's manager and handler.

So you are saying... the Piss Tape is real?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Renreeja posted:

So you are saying... the Piss Tape is real?

Not what I'm saying there but yes the piss tape is definitely real.

When the argument is that the number of prostitutes is wrong instead of "what the gently caress that never happened," you know that definitely happened.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

if only he had kissinger's current posture

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Accipiter posted:

When the argument is that the number of prostitutes is wrong instead of "what the gently caress that never happened," you know that definitely happened.

wait, is this real?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Accipiter posted:

I think there is a simpler and more plausible explanation; interviewing Putin is one of the only ways Tucker was able to get media attention for his new social media platform on Twitter which was his primary motivation, Tucker probably thought he would get some soundbites on Putin desiring a 'peaceful' resolution for the conflict on principle (which Putin didn't provide him).

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

mannerup posted:

I think there is a simpler and more plausible explanation; interviewing Putin is one of the only ways Tucker was able to get media attention for his new social media platform on Twitter which was his primary motivation, Tucker probably thought he would get some soundbites on Putin desiring a 'peaceful' resolution for the conflict on principle (which Putin didn't provide him).

That only provides a superficial public justification for Tucker going there.

There's another half to consider. It in no way explains why Putin said to THIS SPECIFIC now-nobody, "yeah sure come on over let's do it."

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
Putin clowning on a dipshit American journalist is just self-care

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1755748231760183771?s=20

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That Tucker horse-laugh as Putin clowns him yet again and basically tells him to shut the gently caress up is :discourse:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol tucker getting clowned on by his big strong daddy idol

tucker probably super mad and sweaty during the whole thing

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1755782966444167169

Sedgr posted:

Tucker is there to make the strong man Putin look good, same as if Tucker interviews Donny. Tucker appearing weak is both expected of a sycophant and part of the plan. They need to keep selling this Trump Putin alliance because the base wants and expects some sort of excuse for these traitors. So Trump and Putin ring the fascism bell, Tucker and Musk and the rest of the right wing nutjob brigade supplicate and signal boost, and the base licks boot puts it back on their own necks and begs for a little more. Otherwise some of these people might have to admit they were wrong, and at this point they would rather burn it all down than face that sort of self reflection.

i think thats putting more thought into it then they are. again, my chud uncle thinks this is all a show against the "cabal". i think chuds like russia because they hurt people they hate and chuds jerk/jill off to strong man aesthetic and russia has that projection in spades.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

MrMojok posted:

That Tucker horse-laugh as Putin clowns him yet again and basically tells him to shut the gently caress up is :discourse:

Dude held this exact face and position for a good 4 seconds.

Make that face and count four seconds in your head. It's a pretty long time. You can almost see the hamster running at warp on the wheel in his head trying to understand what the gently caress is happening.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Accipiter posted:

There's another half to consider. It in no way explains why Putin said to THIS SPECIFIC now-nobody, "yeah sure come on over let's do it."
Why would Putin turn down an interview on his terms from a sympathetic American cable news personality who would uncritically report the Russian perspective on the conflict? I sincerely doubt Putin is the one micromanaging the interview process and instead was provided by staff a time where he could do an 'interview' with a sympathetic western journalist popular with one of the two major American political parties who would do stenography for the Kremlin. Both Tucker and Putin did the interview for self-serving purposes, the actual content of the interview itself is immaterial (except for showing how desperate Tucker is for any media attention).

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

My dudes and dudettes you have numerous people in the United States who are saying that Putin is Big Strong Good Man, because his invasion of Ukraine was to destroy child-trafficking tunnels and biolabs

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt the Tuck-Putin thing only on birdsite?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

mannerup posted:

Why would Putin turn down an interview on his terms from a sympathetic American cable news personality who would uncritically report the Russian perspective on the conflict?

Because Tucker is no longer a cable news personality. Fox dumped him and he's been relegated to the internet where he enjoys nothing status as a social media loudmouth.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

isnt the Tuck-Putin thing only on birdsite?
Correct

Accipiter posted:

Because Tucker is no longer a cable news personality. He's been relegated to the internet where he enjoys nothing status as a social media loudmouth.
and correct, hence why Tucker is doing this. nobody gave a poo poo when he had the EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with the guy who allegedly had gay sex drug parties with Obama last year, this has been his only real interview that has gotten any media attention since he made his agreement with Elon to be exclusive on the platform.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Of course this Biden report was written by a Trump appointee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Accipiter posted:

Accipiter posted:

Alright I'm an idiot. Can you just say what it is you're insinuating?