Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
it's comical how many of these obvious no-calls he gets each game

https://x.com/PelsFilmRoom/status/1755453307894595724?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Plumlee is just getting absolutely killed out there.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Kibner posted:

it's comical how many of these obvious no-calls he gets each game

https://x.com/PelsFilmRoom/status/1755453307894595724?s=20

seems like plumlee has fouled zion on 6/7 of the pelicans last possessions lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Pistons are up 5 with 3 to go but Blaha is already calling it for the Kings winning )=

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Wow what the hell Ivey with 37

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Nobody misses a drat 3 against Sac. And a cool obvious foul no call on Monk’s 3

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
lol Huerter ejected

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Hahahhahahah Huerter said something so bad everyone else on the floor knew he was tossed.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
“That’s a loving foul man” sick double tech the refs are definitely legitimate

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
This is a great time to mention my very favorite pasttime, which is going onto the Pistons subreddit and posting literally any critique of Cade Cunninham whatsoever, such as "drat, his box +/- was -22 this game" or "He sure seems to have lower eFG% than every other starting point guard in the league" and seeing how many downvotes I can get

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh I forgot Kings just went 5-2 on the road, first game back is always a loss. Factor in that Detroit are very bad and missing their best player, automatic Kangz loss

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ammanas posted:

seems like plumlee has fouled zion on 6/7 of the pelicans last possessions lol

good

---

lmao. i'm loving this ingram and zion taking turns passing to cj for an open 3

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

The Maestro posted:

Oh I forgot Kings just went 5-2 on the road, first game back is always a loss. Factor in that Detroit are very bad and missing their best player, automatic Kangz loss

Yeah crazy they can win even when Bojan sits

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Or maybe, Richard Jefferson, the Pelicans are a good basketball team. Has that thought occurred?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
the pels didn't embarass themselves on national tv! yay!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Or maybe, Richard Jefferson, the Pelicans are a good basketball team. Has that thought occurred?

people seem to have all kinds of contradicting expectations and opinions on this team. they are a top team! but none of their players really dominate... They have everything they need! They lack rebounding when Jonas isn't out there. etc.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

people seem to have all kinds of contradicting expectations and opinions on this team. they are a top team! but none of their players really dominate... They have everything they need! They lack rebounding when Jonas isn't out there. etc.

Yeah they just don't get the benefit of the doubt from the big media that a lot of teams get.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Yeah they just don't get the benefit of the doubt from the big media that a lot of teams get.

They haven't won a series in the playoffs, yet. The season after they went to the playoffs, they did get some benefit of the doubt. But then they kept disappointing over and over and over, mostly because of injuries. No one trusts them. Look at how they have have gotten fewer and fewer national tv games even as the team has consistently improved their record.

I don't even really blame them that much. The team has been inconsistent on a night-to-night basis the last few seasons because their health has always been up and down. It takes too much time and effort for big media to learn and understand a team like that.

It is nice to not hear that big media just openly poo poo on the team or speculate about the city losing them or where their big stars will be traded to, etc. That has thankfully not been a thing this season like it has been in nearly every season the last 20 years. That kind of thing was exhausting and defeating.

e: i guess there was a little bit of that after the IST showing, but that was only for like a month instead of all season like i'm used to

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Sheesh after having really only watched the Pels play the Kings this season I’m convinced they’re the best team in the the league

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Maestro posted:

Sheesh after having really only watched the Pels play the Kings this season I’m convinced they’re the best team in the the league

If you don’t have multiple ball handlers or lack a giant ball handler, the Pels will often blow you out. If you are a strong rebounding team, you stand a good chance against them.

There are also games where they just plain try to go 1v1 and dribble too much. That usually results in losses. They shine when playing off each other and when Ingram is making 3s.

They are still learning how to play with each other and that open 3s are better than open middies.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 8, 2024

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Are the west coaches trying to dodge top spot to not coach the all star game

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
drat good finish Josh green

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Wolves should win tonight, being natural predators to deer.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Franz absolutely taking it to Victor, worst a German has ever treated a Frenchman probably

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I missed the first half, has KAT been this loud all night? Seems even louder than usual.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat, Naz just detonated on that guy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the famously Competitive Bulls are barely managing to hang with the G League-rear end Grizzlies, i want Karnisovas arrested. I want him put in JAIL for his crimes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stacey king desperately trying to talk bulls fans into a series of events where the bulls can somehow get back to .500. this is the bleakest it's been since the jimmy trade

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Nice to see two mavs games where they didn’t blow the lead

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
holy poo poo Coby White that finish

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
AJ Green is having the game of his life

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kind of enjoying the drummond/vooch lineups lmao

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Let’s enjoy ourselves @Lakers! Have fun tonight!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
That was a wild sequence in Lakers Nugs

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

why is Brunson in the MVP conversation? How’s he above Mitchell

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

de curry GOAT posted:

why is Brunson in the MVP conversation? How’s he above Mitchell
He's not.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

The Blazers signed Rip City Remix superstar Ashton Hagans to a 10-day and he owns

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Just throw oops to yourself there are no rules who gives a poo poo

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

the TNT commentators believe he is :hmmno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Denver’s bench still stinks