Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Good news, EA's official Madden simulation has the Chiefs winning the super bowl.

Madden also picked the Eagles last year, the Bengals vs the Rams, and the Chiefs vs the Bucs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
NFL wants Taylor on stage after the game. NFL put their most corrupt ref in charge. You can pretty much set in stone the outcome of this one. Hope I'm wrong but it looks pretty obvious what is going on.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

NFL wants Taylor on stage after the game. NFL put their most corrupt ref in charge. You can pretty much set in stone the outcome of this one. Hope I'm wrong but it looks pretty obvious what is going on.

They're actually setting up Brock Purdy as the NFL heel. It's written right in his jersey: #13. Heel needs to win first to give the face reason to fight.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
If I win, I did it fair and square and if you win, it was cheating. Many people are saying this! :yooge:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I dunno about that. I don't know if he even could be a heel with his demeanor. The media is going to fall in love with him this week.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

I dunno about that. I don't know if he even could be a heel with his demeanor. The media is going to fall in love with him this week.

Until he spray paints nWo on the Lombardi.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
If you ever wanted to see Kyle Shanahan drunk, watch his podium time from the opening night Q&A.

His gatorade bottle is obviously filled with vodka.

Edit: link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CawHpclZrrU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mustached Demon posted:

Until he spray paints nWo on the Lombardi.

I want to see Big Cock Brock do the DX crotch chop

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Alright let's calm down

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hot rumours that Ex Niners HC Chip Kelly gonna be Hawks OC.

Lol.

Lmao.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Lol.

Lmao.

I’m not sure why he’d leave UCLA as HC to be a pro OC. After getting fired makes sense, but it didn’t feel like he was on the hot seat last year. Feels off to me.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

algebra testes posted:

Lol.

Lmao.

Nice try you can't will this evil into the world

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
*checks Field Gulls*

:gonk:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

I’m not sure why he’d leave UCLA as HC to be a pro OC. After getting fired makes sense, but it didn’t feel like he was on the hot seat last year. Feels off to me.

I thought getting his poo poo wrecked by Cal he was only saved by thumping USC.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

I thought getting his poo poo wrecked by Cal he was only saved by thumping USC.

I could go check but I don’t think Chip’s name came up during the SZD coach rumor shows at all.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Chip was definitely on the hotseat for awhile, to the point that I think ESPN was publishing articles about the likelihood that he was getting canned. Then the USC thumping basically saved him for at least next year (his final year?).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Quick, someone post some cherry picked offensive stats from his time at UCLA to calm everyone down

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I would pay some amount of money to see a video of this:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/39465625/kyle-shanahan-ready-meet-moment

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 7, 2024

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

quote:

owners have complained to the league office about the sheer number of compensatory picks the 49ers have received for serving as a pipeline for coaches and executives of color

Lmao of course they have

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

Lmao of course they have

Someone definitely said the words “reverse racism” in one of those meetings.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Coldforge posted:

Lmao of course they have

That is honestly an incredible sentence they put onto (virtual) paper.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Coldforge posted:

Lmao of course they have

If only there were some way for those other owners to receive a similar number of compensatory picks

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
If the Niners really wanted to game the system they'd create a figurehead offensive coordinator position to fill every year

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Football in the pacific time zone

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

harperdc posted:

There’s been speculation that more college HCs might be jumping to the nfl even as an OC/DC since recruiting/transfer portal/NIL stuff has turned college coaching into a constant grind and this way they can just coach some ball

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://youtu.be/cwt28H8TiZE?feature=shared

Point one = run the ball :eng101:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

lol this video has a great example of why Trey Lance is not the QB anymore, perfectly clean pocket and a wide open man for a TD and he misses the throw so badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwt28H8TiZE&t=419s

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Papercut posted:

lol this video has a great example of why Trey Lance is not the QB anymore, perfectly clean pocket and a wide open man for a TD and he misses the throw so badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwt28H8TiZE&t=419s

I was amused that his fifth point was that Purdy will have to take chances to run, because the place had just been showing where O’Connel threw a fade to a guy under a blanket there was a window I could have run for 5-10 yards that he just ignores.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

There’s been speculation that more college HCs might be jumping to the nfl even as an OC/DC since recruiting/transfer portal/NIL stuff has turned college coaching into a constant grind and this way they can just coach some ball

The Boston College coach just did this going to the Packers and claimed this and…well maybe, or maybe he was quitting before getting fired next year.

Funny enough, SZD’s main show touched on Chip Kelly in this week’s episode, it sounds like it’s wish-casting by people around UCLA more than interest Chip himself has. Richard Johnson at least doesn’t think there’s much to it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

harperdc posted:

The Boston College coach just did this going to the Packers and claimed this and…well maybe, or maybe he was quitting before getting fired next year.

Funny enough, SZD’s main show touched on Chip Kelly in this week’s episode, it sounds like it’s wish-casting by people around UCLA more than interest Chip himself has. Richard Johnson at least doesn’t think there’s much to it.

Ya do think it’s overstated now but wouldn’t be surprised if it was more of a phenomenon in a couple years

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

Ya do think it’s overstated now but wouldn’t be surprised if it was more of a phenomenon in a couple years

This goes hand in hand with college programs then trying to build up more of a player personnel role to help manage rosters, too. But that’s also all within a very shifting landscape.

Meanwhile, NFL owners are telling on themselves again: https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/nfl-owners-complain-diversity-hires-compensatory-18653843.php

quote:

>>> “We know he can hire well and diverse; in fact, owners have complained to the league office about the sheer number of compensatory picks the 49ers have received for serving as a pipeline for coaches and executives of color,” Wickersham wrote.

>>> The Niners had the maximum amount of compensatory picks in the 2023 NFL Draft with seven. Three of those — all third-round selections — were awarded because of the NFL’s minority hiring incentive. It’s a process that began in 2020 in which the NFL awards teams picks for losing minority coaches, or top executives, to another team.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So it's not just that the 49ers hire minorities, it turns them into good enough coaches that they get poached by other teams who need them, and that gives the niners compensatory picks

amazing

it's almost, like, almost as if those people were already talented and got passed over by those same other teams because of their skin color

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Good choices here. CMC also won the Jim Brown award and Offensive Player of the Year.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 9, 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

So it's not just that the 49ers hire minorities, it turns them into good enough coaches that they get poached by other teams who need them, and that gives the niners compensatory picks

amazing

it's almost, like, almost as if those people were already talented and got passed over by those same other teams because of their skin color

Uh huh

It’s almost like when some colleges started losing more in the 1970s because of their recruiting habits. Even the Bear had to change it up eventually.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Pat made the HoF :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkLBMaAfD6A

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 9, 2024

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
gently caress yeah

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

About loving time. #52 is one of the very best linebackers ever to play the game.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

This is a good omen. Definitely wearing my Willis jersey on Sunday now.

mllaneza posted:

About loving time. #52 is one of the very best linebackers ever to play the game.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Devin Hester getting in the HOF over Torry Holt is bullshit. Torry's waited five tears (after retirement), while Hester waited just three.

Holt retired 8th all-time on the receiving yards list, had eight straight 1,000 yards seasons (Andre Johnson had seven total 1,000 yard seasons), and six straight years of 1,300 yards or more (tied with Julio Jones).

What the hell is going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Hester made kick returns worth watching for like 2 years and was a totally unique player. He absolutely makes more sense in the HoF than yet another WR who was like a top 5 or 10 in the league WR for a good long period.