Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Finally got into some matches on PS5. Game's fun. Spread an uncomfortable amount of Democracy.

Launched the nuke, which was neat.

It's very neat and emergent...but I already kind of wonder if it's going to be very samey over time. That said, it really is an unparalleled coop shooter in terms of how it feels to play and how the systems interact with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Danith posted:

If you're on win 11 and when you launch it, it shows the anti-cheat screen then it goes to a black screen with the game loading and then a moment later it closes, find the helldiver's .exe and in the properties set the compatibility to run as Win 8.

Thanks for this I will give it a go.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I wanted to like it but I think I'll refund for now, basically crashing every time somebody tries to join my game.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Voice is mostly important for warning your teammate too late that there's a Heavy bug sneaking up behind them to one-shot their rear end.

It's also hilarious to me that 80% of the playerbase have already unlocked the achievement for being blown sky high by an explosion.

YOU CAN HELP!!! The instant minefield stratagem is only 1500 points

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

The first time I used a ping to alert my team of the minefield I'd laid someone went directly to the ping point to check out what the glowing red thing was

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
accidentally mined our path to the extract, killing two

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

bandaid.friend posted:

The first time I used a ping to alert my team of the minefield I'd laid someone went directly to the ping point to check out what the glowing red thing was

Glad I read this because I saw it just now and wondered what they were.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Been hooting and hollering and spreading democracy all evening with random players. Only had one jerk: some guy who set his microphone to play some extremely loud anime nonstop. Fortunately if you are the host you can kick people as soon as the mission starts (tried clicking everywhere before we dropped but nothing seemed to work).

Game is good when it works. Hopefully they get the game bugs taken out so everyone can enjoy killing more ….. game …. bugs?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Benagain posted:

accidentally mined our path to the extract, killing two

The mines seem like they are straight up more of a menace to players than they are to the bugs.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

:hellyeah: game is good, will be better when they smooth out the bugs; spikey, hard, hurty right now.

https://i.imgur.com/amfafva.mp4

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

GruntyThrst posted:

Keep an eye out for supercredit pickups because they may only go to the person who picks them up, unlike every other currency. Which really sucks if true.

Everyone in the game at the time gets super credits when collected.

Played for several hours with friends without any major issues. Avoiding matchmaking entirely might have made a difference. Hopefully they are quick to patch out the problems some are having. Game is a hell of a lot of fun when it works.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Game worked fine with just my friends, fun as hell, but couldn't use matchmaking.

The first marksman rifle you unlock is worthless, but the anti-materiel rifle is extremely good.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

DeathSandwich posted:

The mines seem like they are straight up more of a menace to players than they are to the bugs.

Good.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

BeAuMaN posted:

My ship is going to financially audit all the Family Values.

Lol I picked this exact one too.

Games great! They really pulled off the transition to 3d without losing any of the feeling.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Immediately got blown up by a teammate's orbital strike, respawned, then blown up by another teammate's grenade

10/10, exactly what I wanted from a sequel. They nailed it lol

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

TaurusTorus posted:

Game worked fine with just my friends, fun as hell, but couldn't use matchmaking.

The first marksman rifle you unlock is worthless, but the anti-materiel rifle is extremely good.

lol Im dropping into a mission with that one right now for the first time

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Picked up a flamethrower, took a few seconds to figure out how to use it, instantly lit myself on fire and died

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
The underrated hero is the short load screens.

I always appreciate a game when you're not waiting round ages for it to load.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

megane posted:

Picked up a flamethrower, took a few seconds to figure out how to use it, instantly lit myself on fire and died

Same. Like the game thrower. I tried that shock gun though and it doesn't seem that great.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Danith posted:

If you're on win 11 and when you launch it, it shows the anti-cheat screen then it goes to a black screen with the game loading and then a moment later it closes, find the helldiver's .exe and in the properties set the compatibility to run as Win 8.

Had to do this to get the game to run, otherwise played with randos via quickmatch, with cross-play on and had no problems in the couple of hours I've played so far.

I was really hoping I could call my ship Guardian of Prosperity, but that was a no-go so I'm a Distributor of Freedom instead :hellyeah:

e] those flamethrowers are a goddamn liability on snow planets!

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

truther posted:

The underrated hero is the short load screens.

I always appreciate a game when you're not waiting round ages for it to load.

Not just short but practically seamless.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

JBP posted:

It's not. Still fails. Currently sitting on eternal deployment animation. It's really bad rn on PC.

E: crashed again during mission after reboot

Find your game executable in the local files, open properties, in the compatibility tab check "Run as Administrator", this fixed everything, literally everything for me. I think the anti-cheat is trying to do stuff and failing because it doesn't have permission, so it boots you.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Arsonide posted:

Find your game executable in the local files, open properties, in the compatibility tab check "Run as Administrator", this fixed everything, literally everything for me. I think the anti-cheat is trying to do stuff and failing because it doesn't have permission, so it boots you.

I did that and had the same problem. I then changed graphics to all max settings and it works perfectly :shepface:

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

TaurusTorus posted:

Counterpoint it's really good. One-shots little bugs, two shots stabby bugs, one-shots headpops on big stabby bugs. Avoid the scope like the plague, hip firing is almost laser accurate.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bandaid.friend posted:

YOU CAN HELP!!! The instant minefield stratagem is only 1500 points

some bitch deployed this behind us on a defense and killed the whole team. and then i got drop-podded at the evac, and nobody picked up the 10 samples i was carrying.

also, nobody will equip up the recoilless rifle i provide, i'm waiting to reload you! we could kill all those big bugs easy! :colbert:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I love dropping the minefield in a strategically sound position while defending a spot only to have two people charge directly into the glowing red explosives. Maybe they think they're collectables.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The controller integration is so good. They have customizable hotkey bindings for tap/press/doubletap/hold which means extreme flexibility if you can remember where you put everything. Also, the haptics are amazing, even the adaptive trigger integration is good, a rare things imo. Love that feel of the trigger goiung limp when a grenade leaves your hand.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

My main complaint so far is that you apparently can’t rebind the store button, and I normally use R for interact. I can’t enter the pod because it opens the store instead.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That's how they get you

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Game is cool and good, haven't encountered any bugs yet.

Edit. Except the bugs I've blasted to gently caress with airstrikes

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Been a decent amount of bugs for me, objectives not being completed for some reason, bugs getting stuck on terrain, one time I died in the Pelican after boarding it. Not to mention random disconnect. It's fun but as usual needed some more time in the oven.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

RoyalScion posted:

Been a decent amount of bugs for me, objectives not being completed for some reason

You need to do better then don’t you, Citizen?

Anyone else absolutely LOVE the musical swell as your pod leaves the ship? I love doing my duty to Super Earth

Jakabite fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 9, 2024

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I pre-ordered this because I loved the first one and wanted to throw my support behind Arrowhead and it turns out I can't play it because on Steam Deck it just crashes on startup

I'm sure it will get fixed eventually but man this sucks, I want to shoot some bugs

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I pre-ordered this because I loved the first one and wanted to throw my support behind Arrowhead and it turns out I can't play it because on Steam Deck it just crashes on startup

I'm sure it will get fixed eventually but man this sucks, I want to shoot some bugs

There are already people who got it working through using an old version of proton (7.49 or something?), also launching it from desktop mode seems to be a must to get the anticheat to install properly. But yeah, it'll be rough for a while, and even then the Deck might only barely cope with the lowest settings (no first hand experience with this, though).

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
There is no better feeling than chucking all of your stratagems one after another into an incoming horde and just obliterating all of them.

The game feels so drat good to play, it owns.

E: people who put a minefield down on the extract point can get hosed though

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 9, 2024

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Steam Deck support is super weird right now.

Some people can launch it in desktop mode. Some people can launch it with specific proton version on desktop mode. (GE7.55 I believe)

The lucky few can just... launch the game. I am one of the lucky few. I'll give some details about my deck:

Stable OS Channel, up to date.
Cryotools recommended settings enabled
4G UMA RAM
Developer mode enabled...

That's all I can offer for now. I am sorry it does not work for you. It is very weird how it is behaving.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Hot tip, if you're doing an objective involving radars, "NORTH" does not mean the direction on your compass. My team just spent ages standing around wondering what we were doing wrong. I think NORTH refers to the facing of the radar building

If your team mates pay attention to chat, maybe try CLOCKWISE or COUNTERCLOCKWISE

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh poo poo you can shoot the unexploded bombs lying around to open up some canned sunshine freedom on some fools

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

The twitch campaign armor lets you carry two more stims and also makes their effect last slightly longer, which seems good.

I fuckin love all the little bits of funny lore scattered around the maps. I didn't need that ammo cache anyways, thanks for the oatmeal !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Man not doing a beta was a pretty big own goal. Imagine having one of the first big launches of 2024 and then completely whiffing because you just couldn’t be bothered to test out your infrastructure before go-time.