Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jerkface posted:

The QUIET series is like really competently made, but the story stuff with the munsters is really hard to swallow given their "weakness". They just gonna have them steamroll the world on Day one huh?

Nah, the idea of them is stupid too.
Is it ever explained why they are not constantly attacking waterfalls, or trees when their leaves rustle in the wind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

happyhippy posted:

Is it ever explained why they are not constantly attacking waterfalls, or trees when their leaves rustle in the wind?

Their alien hearing filters out the frequencies of brown/white/green noises, I think that's implied with the waterfall scene.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

happyhippy posted:

It doesn't matter. It's a fun ride.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Cillian Murphy was really good in the second one and the flashback sequence showing the first day was well-done. This one looks better and has a cool cast. I'll see it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sometimes I wonder if I would be kinder on the Quiet Place if Krasinski didn't made it, but then I realize so much of what I make fun of that movie about is just emblematic of that guy's psychology. The man is just so pathetic and its so funny to make a hit movie about how you are good parents. We are such good parents, look, I would die for my kids! Just a total goober of a film.

But hey, I get a lot of joy out of making fun of it which is more than a lot of bad movies, so uh, thank you Krasinski. I love you. I hope a Navy SEAL high fives you or whatever stupid poo poo you dream about at night.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

kiimo posted:

Just in case anyone saw Quiet Place at home and doesn't know what the fuss is about the in-theater experience is wild. You can hear a pin drop and people are riveted.

I've mentioned a few times in here that studios are seeking films that are event films that will get people into theaters and this certainly qualifies.

Yep, I'm not wild about them but seeing the first one in a packed theater is a cherished memory

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

happyhippy posted:

I mean, I only watched the first one and felt it was pretty mid, but where did you get the idea that they just blindly attack at noises? A Lion doesn't attack grass because it moves. Like any animal, I imagine they use the environmental information they receive to inform how they hunt. If they think a sound they hear could be made by prey, they go after it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No no see it's not the water that kills all the aliens, it's the flouride!

Oh wait I might be confused

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
so we got monsters that hunt by hearing, monsters that need you to see them, the guys who can detect emotions from that will and Jaden Smith movie, what else do we got, what if we stuck them all together

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Gnome de plume posted:

so we got monsters that hunt by hearing, monsters that need you to see them, the guys who can detect emotions from that will and Jaden Smith movie, what else do we got, what if we stuck them all together

turns out it's man!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Martman posted:

They should have given her a katana, then maybe she'd be memorable

i think about this for a lot of characters in a lot of movies

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Who cares?

Do you demand answers as to why the Predator can’t see Arnie as soon as he gets covered in mud?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

Who cares?

Do you demand answers as to why the Predator can’t see Arnie as soon as he gets covered in mud?

it's because it's cold. the mud is cold.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

Who cares?

Mythbusters already gave us this answer

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

edogawa rando posted:

pigs figured this one out, pal

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

thatbastardken posted:

turns out it's man!

the real monsters were the monsters we met along the way.

For some, shyness might be their monster. For others a lack of education might be their monster. For us, our monster is a big dangerous monster who wants to kill us. But as surely as my name is kiimo the people of something awful can conquer their own personal monster who also happens to be the actual monster

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thatbastardken posted:

turns out it's man!

Men detecting emotions? Yeah, right

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Somewhere Ken Penders is creaming himself. Or he hates this instead. Who can tell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kETt59yn6A

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

edogawa rando posted:

Who cares?

How does the Predator work his wrist keyboard if its invisible?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He can see himself.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Missing something. Why do we hate John Krasinski again? Office popularity backlash or something?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CIA bootlicker

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
tried to fistfight the scarlet witch, dumbass

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

He thinks we should all be thanking the CIA everyday.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
He’s just kind of lame

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

He didn't give me a chance to marry Emily Blunt.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

He's popular and married to Emily Blunt.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
No, it's this:

CelticPredator posted:

CIA bootlicker

(I mean, it's also mostly that people got pretty sick of Office Jim after a while. But him turning out to legit suck works out well)

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

feedmyleg posted:

Mythbusters already gave us this answer

I would probably slit my own throat before watching an episode of Mythbusters about Predator

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LesterGroans posted:

No, it's this:

(I mean, it's also mostly that people got pretty sick of Office Jim after a while. But him turning out to legit suck works out well)

I love in the show’s later seasons Jim gets dumped on a lot more.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

The MSJ posted:

Somewhere Ken Penders is creaming himself. Or he hates this instead. Who can tell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kETt59yn6A

Knuck If You Buck is a helluva song to pick here, hell yeah, let’s go

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I gotta give them props for literally doing Sonic 3 & Knuckles with the series.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't get this Sonic live-action stuff. Were people really that into the characters themselves? The setting and world was always a far bigger part of the interest for me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wish we got hosed up sonic tbh. Could’ve been actually entertaining

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

I don't get this Sonic live-action stuff. Were people really that into the characters themselves? The setting and world was always a far bigger part of the interest for me.

Honestly I think what made it successful was that they DIDNT rely too much on the setting and world. That stuff rarely translates well to live action in my opinion. They took the characters, extracted them from the world but made sure their inherent charm stayed intact and then put them into a much more entertaining live action scenario with some good actors and funny situations. It takes away the often cringey mechanic of having to constantly shove references down our throats. They're just their own thing.

Sonic 1 and 2 are both really entertaining and rewatchable for me. My kids love them WAY WAYYYYYYY more than anything else video game related and are super psyched for Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Judging from Deviantart, people are definitely into the characters.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

feedmyleg posted:

hbomb, is this your alt account?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I gotta give them props for literally doing Sonic 3 & Knuckles with the series.

Hopefully we can connect the blu rays in a giant stack, and then use said stack to insert knuckles into the first film.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

yeah i freaking love soleanna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh Penders is gonna have a fit.