Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody was doing the job, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cody plays Myka's high school crush Kurt Smoller. At the end of the episode, he and Myka agree to keep in touch and kiss. Kurt is never seen or mentioned again in the show.

Cody, I'm begging you, FINISH THE STORY

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wrong thread lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 9, 2024

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

my favorite wrestler on a tv show is when mankind was on 30 rock

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Important update: Kevin Nash's status has been upgraded to "vile sack of poo poo"

sad question
May 30, 2020

AlmightyBob posted:

my favorite wrestler on a tv show is when mankind was on 30 rock

I enjoyed Roddy Piper on Always Sunny

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Important update: Kevin Nash's status has been upgraded to "vile sack of poo poo"

And Fake Diesel’s the mayor. Really makes you think.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

SirPhoebos posted:

Honestly not surprised. From my armchair, I can assess that Nash 1) Probably knew something, 2) If he didn't know exact details, he suspected, or (what I think is more likely), 3) He's not the kind of man who has the kind of mind that understands this at all. He's a giant tall handsome man who I will ASSUME never had an issue getting women to willingly do stuff with him; he doesn't GET what it's like to be a woman and the finer points of fear, abuse, and what the likes of Vince do, so he projects it through something he understands more: exploitation. It's very much 'Men fear woman's mockery, women fear men will kill them".

Not to mention, admitting you are wrong literally physically hurts. I think of a recent thing where I had to do it for something very small, and even then, it just utterly sucked. Now imagine having to do it for crimes of this degree, with someone you have known for decades, probably admired in your own way, and likely, if you didn't know or suspect, never had a clue that it was anything like these accusations. Your own mind literally rips into you to not have to experience it. Your very nature fights you. Only the mentally strong can stand their ground: most just give up and do what Nash did.

And that's not even taking into account that he was lifelong friends with Michael Hickenbottom, who probably has his own crimes and demons and bad things, and the Clique was together the most when Shawn was at his worst, so Nash seems likely to Know Things based solely on his friend group and what he was likely exposed to. By the time Michaels did the Born again Christian thing, which unfortunately he seems to think clears the slate in and of itself (If he REALLY regretted bad stuff he did in the past, he'd fully own up to it and try and make amends, but, see what I said above about admitting you were wrong, hell, Michaels still can't face that the Montreal Screwjob was 80 percent his fault and to this day frames it as "I did what I had to do."), Nash had separated from the man in general, ie, he probably still considered Michaels a close friend, but not a bond of brothers thing Michaels and Triple H mostly formed because they stayed in the same company for decades while Nash moved around.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 10, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol shawn michaels last name is hickenbottom

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

Honestly not surprised. From my armchair, I can assess that Nash 1) Probably knew something, 2) If he didn't know exact details, he suspected, or (what I think is more likely), 3) He's not the kind of man who has the kind of mind that understands this at all. He's a giant tall handsome man who I will ASSUME never had an issue getting women to willingly do stuff with him; he doesn't GET what it's like to be a woman and the finer points of fear, abuse, and what the likes of Vince do, so he projects it through something he understands more: exploitation. It's very much 'Men fear woman's mockery, women fear men will kill them".

Not to mention, admitting you are wrong literally physically hurts. I think of a recent thing where I had to do it for something very small, and even then, it just utterly sucked. Now imagine having to do it for crimes of this degree, with someone you have known for decades, probably admired in your own way, and likely, if you didn't know or suspect, never had a clue that it was anything like these accusations. Your own mind literally rips into you to not have to experience it. Your very nature fights you. Only the mentally strong can stand their ground: most just give up and do what Nash did.

And that's not even taking into account that he was lifelong friends with Michael Hickenbottom, who probably has his own crimes and demons and bad things, and the Clique was together the most when Shawn was at his worst, so Nash seems likely to Know Things based solely on his friend group and what he was likely exposed to. By the time Michaels did the Born again Christian thing, which unfortunately he seems to think clears the slate in and of itself (If he REALLY regretted bad stuff he did in the past, he'd fully own up to it and try and make amends, but, see what I said above about admitting you were wrong, hell, Michaels still can't face that the Montreal Screwjob was 80 percent his fault and to this day frames it as "I did what I had to do."), Nash had separated from the man in general, ie, he probably still considered Michaels a close friend, but not a bond of brothers thing Michaels and Triple H mostly formed because they stayed in the same company for decades while Nash moved around.

i think you're giving nash way too much credit here, he's just a dumb stoned dipshit

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Kevin Nash is both very smart and very, very lazy. When he got the book in WCW the first thing he did was book himself to lose a retirement match so he wouldn't have to keep working to make money. If he saw what was going on as too much bullshit to get involved with he absolutely would have ignored it to save himself the effort

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Something I discovered from all of this, that hasn't really been talked about; in the process of Laurinaitis trying to throw Vince under the bus, he's essentially confirmed Ashley Massaro's story about WWE knowing she was raped at a military event overseas, and insisted it be covered up.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88x7ex/ashley-massaro-vince-mcmahon-john-laurinaitis-rape-cover-up-wwe

WWE/Vince previously tried to deny any knowledge of this, but we always knew they were lying their asses off. Ashley had also (surprise!) made claims that Vince and higher-ups were trying to pressure her into spending more "intimate" time with Vince.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i hope laurinitis also goes to jail

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

People like to say Nash is cool because he figured out how to get maximum pay with minimal amount of work. This like saying Trump is cool because he figured out how to cheat on his taxes.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The Grey posted:

People like to say Nash is cool because he figured out how to get maximum pay with minimal amount of work. This like saying Trump is cool because he figured out how to cheat on his taxes.

Yeah, I think people were misconstruing "being clever" with "being lazy as gently caress".

He wasn't stocking shelves at a big box retail store or pumping gas or whatever, he was a performer appearing at a live event that people paid to see. It's not being clever to do barely anything for the people who came to see the show, it's just being a lazy poo poo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its cool to stick it to the man

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cornwind Evil posted:

he was lifelong friends with Michael Hickenbottom, who probably has his own crimes and demons and bad things
Michaels comes off to me the way that Peak JCVD came off.

The whole "coked out of his mind and loved getting coke bottles shoved up his rear end while doing more coke" thing, specifically.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

Michaels comes off to me the way that Peak JCVD came off.

The whole "coked out of his mind and loved getting coke bottles shoved up his rear end while doing more coke" thing, specifically.

interesting

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kevin nash is the classic example of why you dont let a wrestler book matches

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The man, yes

The people who paid to see a show of which you are a part, not so much

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Good for him for getting that payout.

Bad for the company when creative was hogtied by like 3 dudes only in it for themselves. Oops

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Good for him for getting that payout.

Bad for the company when creative was hogtied by like 3 dudes only in it for themselves. Oops

I mean to some extent I get why he didn't give a poo poo, because he was going to get paid regardless, so why bother

Still being a lazy rear end on his part, though; but then on the other hand Nash was pretty washed by the time WCW folded anyways. Maybe he was just doing the audience a favor by not putting in any effort at that point

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thats why they call him big lazy

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Bad Take Kevin Nash

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I will never forgive Kevin Nash for ending Wraith's winning streak.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Grey posted:

I will never forgive Kevin Nash for ending Wraith's winning streak.

That sucked but at least they had a bit of a match beforehand. I remember Goldberg just absolutely squashing the Giant on the same night and it was just :psyduck: how wasted that match seemed. In comparison, Wrath got a rub by having a competitive match with Nash, as little as that amounted to.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a squash match probably saved the giant (now known as big show) from getting seriously injured by goldberg

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

yeah the less time in the ring with goldberg the better

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol Steiner calls him GOBERG

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

wasn't the giant "trained" at the same place as goldberg, the wcw powerhouse? I've watched the first couple years of nitro and when he shows up he can't wrestle for poo poo

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I call him that unsafe dummy bill goldberg of the wcw

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I always resented Nash for unmasking Rey Mysterio Jr.

He seemed like a somewhat decent guy in more recent years (compared to most '80s and '90s wrestlers), but I can't say I'm surprised at all by his thoughts on Vince the sex trafficker.

Mick Foley seems like the only mensch from that entire generation.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

AlmightyBob posted:

wasn't the giant "trained" at the same place as goldberg, the wcw powerhouse? I've watched the first couple years of nitro and when he shows up he can't wrestle for poo poo

yes the place where a roided psycho with little short man baby syndrome just yells at you and makes you do burpees until you puke then you do some roids and maybe some coke and you're ready to wrestle in wcw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
other wrestling schools would just take your moeny and beat the poo poo out of you because they didnt want to expose the business or were scams... sometimes both

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Mick Foley seems like the only mensch from that entire generation.

DDP?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I always thought people's appreciation of Nash was just relative to most other wrestlers. Like the bar is just so loving low that a garden variety rear end in a top hat and piece of poo poo on the level of "that guy you used to work with" was comparatively a saint. He probably didn't actually rape anyone himself! He's never been credibly accused of murder! He didn't stuff his young cousin "full of leaves!"

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

other wrestling schools would just take your moeny and beat the poo poo out of you because they didnt want to expose the business or were scams... sometimes both

Even ones that were considered reputable would use this tactic to take people's money without having to train them. If you kept coming back despite the abuse then maybe they'd train you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Movies have taught me that all trainers of martial arts are abusive, but in a good way where you prove your worth and actually they were teaching you the whole time and you didn't even know it

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Hate to say it, but you are misremembering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5HEm9DMXU

They did an unprompted chant first, and then the second time led by Stephanie, and they were pretty full-throated about it both times. The only surprising thing is that this video is still up on WWE's YT channel.

Dang. Yeah, straight up, I was. God, that's so disappointing.