Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

credburn posted:

What! Someone here called me out on it. So it's a-okay to use the a-okay sign again?

e: what if it's upside-down so it looks like an M -- an inverted W

Don't let the terminally online or white power idiots ruin things for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

The French used to use it to say ‘T’es nul’ (you’re a zero/you suck) but I think it went out of style a bit.

Speaking of, is the finger also going out of style?

Kids these days.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I've been using 👌🏻 a fair amount lately, intending to mean something like chef's kiss. I'd forgotten about the white supremacist business.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

volcanic rock is the smoothest there is

It's like being rubbed across thousands of tiny sharks.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/7eo3UuN.mp4

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
Some personal schad here.

So there's a lady at work whose car is identical to mine and multiple times I've mistakenly tried getting in her car but luckily it's always locked. One of these times it wasn't locked, so i get in and see a kid's carseat on the passenger side (I don't have a kid). It was very embarrassing, and you'd think I'd learn my lesson.

Well recently I locked my keys in my car and had to call out a locksmith. He shows up and I take him to where I think my car is, he does his thing and gets it open, I thank him and go in to get my keys out and first thing I see is the goddamn carseat.

The locksmith ended up being cool about it but was definitely freaking out at first. I told the lady and she got a kick out of it. Im still embarrassed over it, like only did I break into someone's car, I paid someone to do it. Luckily my car broke down yesterday and i cant afford to fix it, so I won't make that mistake again

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

caspergers posted:

So there's a lady at work whose car is identical to mine and multiple times I've mistakenly tried getting in her car but luckily it's always locked. One of these times it wasn't locked, so i get in and see a kid's carseat on the passenger side (I don't have a kid). It was very embarrassing, and you'd think I'd learn my lesson.

Well recently I locked my keys in my car and had to call out a locksmith. He shows up and I take him to where I think my car is, he does his thing and gets it open, I thank him and go in to get my keys out and first thing I see is the goddamn carseat.

The locksmith ended up being cool about it but was definitely freaking out at first. I told the lady and she got a kick out of it. Im still embarrassed over it, like only did I break into someone's car, I paid someone to do it. Luckily my car broke down yesterday and i cant afford to fix it, so I won't make that mistake again

Please get a decal of some kind and slap it on your driver window or door.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Get a carseat

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Get a carseat

Baby on board sticker

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

pixaal posted:

Baby on board sticker

Marry that lady. She's got a working car, she's a real catch!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You know those vans with wizened wizards, fierce dragons, and/or bodacious barbarian babes painted on the side?

Get a miniature version of that on your driver side door.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

FreudianSlippers posted:

You know those vans with wizened wizards, fierce dragons, and/or bodacious barbarian babes painted on the side?

Get a miniature version of that on your driver side door.

im not going to cover up the painting of a beautiful van on the side of my car with fantasy poo poo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

pixaal posted:

Please get a decal of some kind and slap it on your driver window or door.

Buy two and give one to her :devil:.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Enjoy your Xpress Beach

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

caspergers posted:

lmao love that you dont have to prove you own the car in any way. did he take down your info or something so they could check later??

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
How do you not remember where you parked your car? Is your brain full of lead residue?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mister Speaker posted:

How do you not remember where you parked your car? Is your brain full of lead residue?

i got into someone else's car about a week ago. it was the same exact make, model and color as mine. it was parked 2 spaces away from mine and i was coming in from the front so i wouldn't have been able to see the stickers on my back window. the only reason i realized that it wasn't mine is because my drink wasn't there and the stereo was different

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just key the poo poo out of the other car and your car will be the one not keyed to poo poo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Seems to me that if I owned something worth several thousand dollars that I continue to pay for on a weekly and annual basis, an object that I also require to get me to work every day, that I'd remember exactly where I left it at all times.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Y'know. When I bought my car, I picked it out because it was a shade of blue that I don't tend to see anywhere else on the road, which I thought made it look neat and felt kinda special.

Then I started seeing "my car" everywhere-- same model and color. Turns out it wasn't as uncommon as I thought, I just never paid it much mind.

I still never forget where I park though :v:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

Mister Speaker posted:

Seems to me that if I owned something worth several thousand dollars that I continue to pay for on a weekly and annual basis, an object that I also require to get me to work every day, that I'd remember exactly where I left it at all times.

mad?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

to prevent forgetting your car, car theft, and so on, have you considered living in your car in your employer's parking lot?

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Just LOL if you've never forgotten where you parked your car, became convinced it was stolen, called the cops, remembered that the car was parked on the other side of the mall parking lot and had to sheepishly call the cops off, lmao

...I'm the only one who did that? Oh, ok then

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

So many white Outbacks where I live, usually 5-6 in most of the larger parking lots. I’ve had a few times people coming up to me saying they weren’t trying to seal my car. Rest are other shades of Subarus or “unique” bro Jeeps

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

So many white Outbacks where I live, usually 5-6 in most of the larger parking lots. I’ve had a few times people coming up to me saying they weren’t trying to seal my car. Rest are other shades of Subarus or “unique” bro Jeeps

PNW or DMV?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Knormal posted:

Is that planter made of out styrofoam or something? The car pushes it out of the way like it's nothing, I would have expected a big box of cement filled with dirt to slow it down.

Someone here managed to speed out of a parking garage across four lanes into the opposing hotel. Along the way they destroyed a much larger planter than what you see there and a person walking down the sidewalk. Planters are only going to be like a few hundred pounds max and definitely will not save you.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

My first car was a crappy white Saturn. Cue teen me leaving work, noticing that the key was a little sticky when I unlocked my car, only to get in and realize it wasn't my car at all. It was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure I didn't notice until I tried to start it, and there wasn't a clutch pedal.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mister Speaker posted:

poo poo happens, dude. No need to be a dick.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I remember reading a story of a woman who drove out of a parking lot with someone else's car because they were the same color and had the same key.

There's only like 6 keys for each car model so it's a dice roll if yours works in someone else's ignition.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

poo poo happens, dude. No need to be a dick.

Yeah we are here to laugh at schad, not judge it

(and I also often forget were I parked the car. I even had nightmares about it many times)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

One time I was sitting in the van while my mom was shopping, and some rando kid just walked up and got in, and started reading a magazine. Shy me finally got up the nerve to say something, and he realized it wasn't his vehicle and left. And then, five minutes later, his brother did the exact same thing :negative:

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Mister Speaker posted:

You'd think so, but at least I've managed to drive to work and leave by foot (I live within walking distance and usually walk), bypassing my car on the way out of the gate. It was the only car there, too.

Now, my brother, according to his wife, once managed to come home without his shoes.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed
Having just bought a car recently, it surprises me how much of it isn't getting exactly what you want vs. accepting what they have.

Want a blue McWhatever with this engine and trim? We don't have that. only one of that type gets shipped to this state maybe once a year. We have a black McWhatever, with none of the features you want.

Makes sense how every car is black and white nowadays.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rasmus posted:

Having just bought a car recently, it surprises me how much of it isn't getting exactly what you want vs. accepting what they have.

Want a blue McWhatever with this engine and trim? We don't have that. only one of that type gets shipped to this state maybe once a year. We have a black McWhatever, with none of the features you want.

Absolute worst colors for cars, black, can't see it as well at night more likely to get hit. White can't see it in a snow storm more likely to get destroyed by a plow.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao love that you dont have to prove you own the car in any way. did he take down your info or something so they could check later??

I once dropped my car keys in a lake and didn't have a spare, so I had to get it towed to locksmith. The tow truck driver just asked if it's OK to send bill to the address registered with the vehicle, and locksmith didn't ask anything either. This experience gave me incredible feeling of security and I have been sleeping in my car ever since to make sure no one takes it and sends me the towing bill.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Rasmus posted:

You can just grab some spray paint for :10bux: and get creative!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Valiantman posted:

You'd think so, but at least I've managed to drive to work and leave by foot (I live within walking distance and usually walk), bypassing my car on the way out of the gate. It was the only car there, too.

Now, my brother, according to his wife, once managed to come home without his shoes.

I've heard several stories where parents drove their family home only to realise they left one of their children behind

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Hyperlynx posted:

I've been using 👌🏻 a fair amount lately, intending to mean something like chef's kiss. I'd forgotten about the white supremacist business.

In Germany that sign means "you are an rear end in a top hat".

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Rasmus posted:

_________________________v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/L0wIsCo.mp4