Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My app lists 10pc and 20pc mcnuggets. The 10pc is 4.89 and the 20pc is 7.99. If you just do two 10pc it doesn't give any deals.

No deals on anything but 2 cheeseburgers for $3. That's it. No bigmacs, no chickens, no double cheeseburgers, nuthen. They just double in price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Philthy posted:

My app lists 10pc and 20pc mcnuggets. The 10pc is 4.89 and the 20pc is 7.99. If you just do two 10pc it doesn't give any deals.

No deals on anything but 2 cheeseburgers for $3. That's it. No bigmacs, no chickens, no double cheeseburgers, nuthen. They just double in price.

Mine for some reason continues to have a deal for 2 fish fillets for 4.79. But it's just a regular menu item so you can still use app deals with it. And they do have a deal for 2 McChickens for 3.99 as well.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, if mine did deals on the fish fillets id be lookin like tump

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Fish Delight...

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I ordered a 6 pc McNuggets today but they gave me a 10 piece. Add free any size fries and I got out for $3.19

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Philthy posted:

Man, if mine did deals on the fish fillets id be lookin like tump

It's just weird too because who would order the double fish? And why is the spicy McChicken cheaper than the regular? Is it like a pop tart where the spice is a structural component of the breading so they use less?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AvesPKS posted:

And why is the spicy McChicken cheaper than the regular?

lmao this is the first time i've ever seen that. it was so annoying when all the places around here put the hot and spicy like .30 above the mcchicken

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The spicy McChicken is 10 cents more here then the regular... Lol

Same price if you buy 2.. 4 bucks.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Mine doesn't even offer the Hot N Spicy McChicken. We only get the Spicy McCrispy for $5.39.

Since you posted a picture, I'm not the only one who keeps thinking Gremlins every time they see the "Not available after midnight" am I?

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 7, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Twenty Four posted:

As a filthy poor, I agree with your take here. It's not just McD's but a trend as a whole in the industry.

Also it's sad that they can't seem to figure out the "low income consumer" which they define as making less than $45,000 a year. I think they lost sight of what real low income is. Maybe they should take a look at like 99% of their employees making way less than that.

It's overall a net gain though, when it's that cheap it's harder to resist.

The "gently caress that" feeling will make people healthier on the whole.

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
yeah this is insane-town because our spicy is also the more expensive mcchicken option at $1.99

Philthy posted:

Since you posted a picture, I'm not the only one who keeps thinking Gremlins every time they see the "Not available after midnight" am I?

every time

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

The fact that they consider 45k low income vs say... 15k is astonishing to me.

Agreed

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's overall a net gain though, when it's that cheap it's harder to resist.

The "gently caress that" feeling will make people healthier on the whole.

I want cheap fast food because I'm poor and because it's (sort of) what it's actually worth. I don't want McDonalds being my nutritionist meal planner through price gouging methods, that misses the issue entirely. You're assuming money is no issue other than principle and people would just choose to eat healthier if other things were taxed high enough. Except it's not even a tax, it's just fast food places charging as much as they feel like and pocketing the rest.

If you can ask your personal chef to make you up a delicious healthy meal, or even afford those places that send you balanced ready to assemble meals on the regular, and why wouldn't you when fast food is so pricey now, that's great I guess. I'm exaggerating a bit there, but I'm not going to pat McD's or whoever on the back while eating budget ramen because a big mac costs $8 just so it can help people with way more money than me control their impulses and eat healthier because they make their purchasing decisions based on principle rather than necessity.

If dropping the prices means someone with no self control gets fat, but I can comfortably afford a cheeseburger on the regular, that should be on them, not the other way around.

I don't know maybe the post quoted above was a troll but even if so some people still feel that way so I stand by what I said regardless.

Either way it's not the point. The point is menu prices for fast food have inflated across the board drastically in the past several years and while it may have made the big corporations more money in the short term, perhaps profit margins leveling out will hopefully make prices return to something more reasonable. Fingers crossed, but I'm not realistically expecting anything great, at least not without a catch.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

AvesPKS posted:

It's just weird too because who would order the double fish? And why is the spicy McChicken cheaper than the regular? Is it like a pop tart where the spice is a structural component of the breading so they use less?

lol @ the 2 filet-o-fish being significantly cheaper than a double filet-o-fish, goes to show how stupid the pricing is for everything.

"Hello McDonalds, could I get a free bun and slice of cheese, oh and I'll just take my $1.70 in cash, thanks. I would save you the trouble of just letting you keep the bun, but I'll throw it away for you if you insist, because I kind of want that nearly couple of bucks."

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I think the coupons are regional and some franchise owners are morons

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

I do think that the drastic increase in fast food prices over the last few years is, at least in part, due to rising wages in the industry. The rest is corporate profit maximization. They could sell the stuff for less but they won't until it affects the bottom line. We shall see.....

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

There's no way they actually lower prices though, right?

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

I doubt it although I did read an article (don't remember where - sorry) that seemed to indicate that McDs brass screwed up in isolating lower income customers. I remain doubtful.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
yeah i read that article and no part of it made me think for a moment that prices would actually be going down

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

AvesPKS posted:

There's no way they actually lower prices though, right?

At $20 an hour for labor the Hamburger Robot is primed and ready.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

maybe increased frequency of coupons and in-store promotions

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Navin Johnson posted:

I do think that the drastic increase in fast food prices over the last few years is, at least in part, due to rising wages in the industry.

i think the ceos tried to tell me this was the case but it was hard to hear for sure with them eating giant mouthfuls of money on a sesame seed bun and then also using money as a napkin to wipe up the sauce (which was money)

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

i think the ceos tried to tell me this was the case but it was hard to hear for sure with them eating giant mouthfuls of money on a sesame seed bun and then also using money as a napkin to wipe up the sauce (which was money)

lol exactly

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

tried the double big mac.

it tasted like a big mac.
i'm sure you could add extra meat on the app anyway, but at least this way it isn't full price for the 2 extra meat patties.

it definitely started falling apart once was like 60% halfway though.

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I'm confused by people acting like the Double Big Mac is a new thing; I've been ordering it for years. Was there really a prohibition in some places where if you asked for a DBM or a Big Mac double meat (which is all that it is) they wouldn't give it to you? "Sorry, we don't have that" :confused:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

GateOfD posted:

tried the double big mac.

it tasted like a big mac.
i'm sure you could add extra meat on the app anyway, but at least this way it isn't full price for the 2 extra meat patties.

it definitely started falling apart once was like 60% halfway though.

As I noted last year when it appeared in the UK, the bun is the same, and structurally inadequate for the purpose of holding four patties.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm seeing a lot of other articles from other fast-food chains saying they are also going to start offering lower cost options, or simply lowering their prices. I have to figure economists are showing them that what they're doing now isn't sustainable and will eventually cause them to go under at some point if the economy swings in the wrong direction. Fast food is meant to be cheap and fast. That's it.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

I'm seeing a lot of other articles from other fast-food chains saying they are also going to start offering lower cost options, or simply lowering their prices. I have to figure economists are showing them that what they're doing now isn't sustainable and will eventually cause them to go under at some point if the economy swings in the wrong direction. Fast food is meant to be cheap and fast. That's it.

I hope so. I mean if it happens, they aren't doing it as a favor to us, and don't deserve a "thank you" or anything. It's about them making all the money they can, not being charitable, but I still hope so for my sake and everyone else like me.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

much like how the dollar tree has been normalized cheaper fast food options are going to be new chains offering up even worse cheaper food. given how taco bell is pretty bottom of the barrel already I'm fearful of the fast food future. it's gonna be chains offering warm dog food on saltines or little bags of dirt with a spoon in them

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fast food is a counter-cyclical business, which means they tend to do better when the economy is in the toilet. i think the premium-tier trend of the last few years was the industry trying to buck this destiny. mcdonald's revenue had a good 2023 and pandemic recovery in general but the $ is nothing compared to the early 2010s

----------------

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it's dirt with a little bit of lawry's sprinkled on it, but it's the only thing you can get for less than $3 without signing up for an app

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they could sell potato skins and poo poo but at some point there's a hard floor at the industrial compost price

----------------

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

welcome to johnny ouroboros' can I take your order?

*large menacing man stands behind the counter cracking his knuckles readying himself to feed you your own rear end*

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

The Voice of Labor posted:

welcome to johnny ouroboros' can I take your order?

*large menacing man stands behind the counter cracking his knuckles readying himself to feed you your own rear end*

lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Voice of Labor posted:

much like how the dollar tree has been normalized cheaper fast food options are going to be new chains offering up even worse cheaper food. given how taco bell is pretty bottom of the barrel already I'm fearful of the fast food future. it's gonna be chains offering warm dog food on saltines or little bags of dirt with a spoon in them

I will pay $0.50 for the ranch upgrade to my alpo cracker.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

yeah its more likely fast food places will offer cheaper and shittier food whatever that will be than lower current prices - your big macs and mcgriddles will be the premium items of the new era

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'll have a McCricket and a Double McGrub. and uh... why the hell not, a small fries.

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

i'll have a McCricket and a Double McGrub. and uh... why the hell not, a small friesflies.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

mcdonalds gonna get into sliders. loadin up on quarter ouncers with cheez

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Small flies was right there
E:beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My next job will be catching crickets and selling them to McDonald’s for reward points.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.