Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’ll be the ding dong and admit I had never heard of mojo Nixon. I am extraordinarily oblivious though so I don’t know how normal or abnormal that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It likely helps to be of a certain age range but the dude was the president for a bit, common now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Nixon: [muttering] Jesus Christ.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Warbird posted:

common now.

:negative:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That’s why he was so anal about hippies, mad that his folks named him Mojo. Amazing hair, bad politician.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Back when you still had to sign a receipt after paying with a card I'd always sign as Mojo Nixon.

It's not like anyone was checking those and even if someone had stolen my identity Nd credit card they would've exposed themselves if they ever signed my actual name instead of Mojo's.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Luigi sold vast amounts of surplus Civil War weapons to the tsar in exchange for asylum and an estate near St. Petersburg, as a landed gentleman of a cosmopolitan disposition he dabbled in the Narodism movement, as was expected from a man of his stature and generation, but then during the Russian revolution he survived by turning lists of politically unreliable Esers over to the Bolsheviks. Later on Luigi gained a prestigious but mostly ceremonial position in the Ministry of Defense under Stalin. His actions in the WWII that led to hiS involvement in the space program remain largely classified, but many witnesses placed him alongside NKVD commandos at Peenemünde in the wake of the advancing Red Army.

wild if true

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/DilettanteryPod/status/1755834144033309120?s=20

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Feb 9, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/rustbelt_/status/1755963702493196686

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1755684417756942706

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Weird thing I noticed, the way I make twitter still worthwhile is I follow a bunch of cute animal accounts, so the horrible stuff is in between like a kitten snuggling with a giant Doberman. This one is a great one, but I realized it's called "Why you should have an animal" and all of the videos are of wild animals you can't legally own in most of the western world, and probably shouldn't have unless you also own a zoo or a animal sanctuary of some kind.

https://x.com/shouldhaveanima/status/1755998085040496883?s=20

Like, yes that's a cute herd of penguins (herd? I don't know the collective noun for penguins) but most people can't properly care for a dozen or so penguins, this is not an argument for pet ownership.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Agreed.

https://twitter.com/GatorsDaily/status/1755734856112177221?t=5sylYx_-TWbFbTKUzq7UeQ&s=19

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/dissproportion/status/1755790778293477546

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl posted:

Weird thing I noticed, the way I make twitter still worthwhile is I follow a bunch of cute animal accounts, so the horrible stuff is in between like a kitten snuggling with a giant Doberman.

You can just follow good accounts and not even have “the horrible stuff in between”. Spread the word!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/DannyDutch/status/1755690491167801795?s=20

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
folks have been trying to go viral reposting the "got the morbs" thing for at least a decade now. monetizing xeets has squeezed out the last drops of originality left in the right wing hate site. anyways 🥲

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Beeswax posted:

You can just follow good accounts and not even have “the horrible stuff in between”. Spread the word!

This is absolutely the correct way to use twitter and it blows my mind that people do anything else. I never see any of this horrible stuff people talk about, the Following tab is a safe space.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Beeswax posted:

I don't even use my Following tab, by now my For You has been completely overtaken by kitten pics, indie devs, and pixel art. Anything else gets blocked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Beeswax posted:

The horrible stuff in between is people I like to hear their opinions on stuff or genuine reporters doing good work and what not, but like recently it's just all the genocide in Gaza, so I need a rescue beaver grabbing stuffed animals and making a dam in an apartment hallway as a palate cleanser.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

got the morbs, the menty b's, cos of the cozzy livs innit?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I love "got the morbs" but there's no way the internet is gonna convince Sony to release Mobius in theaters a third time.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cool flag tho

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I tried to buy a smoke off that gator but he just gave me one for free

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

That's the easiest spot to access the vagus nerve. It'll cure hiccups too

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

For some arrhythmias the first thing you try is telling the patient to bear down closed-glottis like they’re straining to poop. Again, for vagus nerve stimulation. They say this never works but it has instantly worked for SVT for my patients two times and saved me getting out the adenosine

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Air Skwirl posted:

Like, yes that's a cute herd of penguins (herd? I don't know the collective noun for penguins)

It’s still a flock.

Stop being mean to flight-challenged birds.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Stim my vagussy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Air Skwirl posted:

Like, yes that's a cute herd of penguins (herd? I don't know the collective noun for penguins)
"Colony" or "huddle" or "waddle".

Or "raft" if they're in the water.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Is that what happened with Dilbert man and his father?
I didn't realize he was trying to save his dad :gerty:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Scott Adams fingered his dad’s bussy? Wow

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Scott Adams fingered his dad’s bussy? Wow

Dunno about that but he did let his own son die.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Platystemon posted:

It’s still a flock.

Stop being mean to flight-challenged birds.

Lots of birds aren't flocks though (murder of crows, tiding of magpies, parliament of rooks). All the ones that I can name are some version of Corvid, but I didn't want to assume they were the only ones who got a special name.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Biplane posted:

Stim my vagussy

I did not read this as related to the vagus nerve and it killed me briefly but then I stimmed and got better

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ILL Machina posted:

I did not read this as related to the vagus nerve and it killed me briefly but then I stimmed and got better

:haibrower:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The plural noun for all animals is actually "a bunch". All the other terms are just made up.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

freeedr posted:

For some arrhythmias the first thing you try is telling the patient to bear down closed-glottis like they’re straining to poop. Again, for vagus nerve stimulation. They say this never works but it has instantly worked for SVT for my patients two times and saved me getting out the adenosine

Good to know, I get palpitations and afib sometimes so next time it happens I'll try to poop a big turd to cover both bases

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Friend posted:

Good to know, I get palpitations and afib sometimes so next time it happens I'll try to poop a big turd to cover both bases

“Oh don’t mind that, that’s my fibrillation dildo.”

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Air Skwirl posted:

Lots of birds aren't flocks though (murder of crows, tiding of magpies, parliament of rooks). All the ones that I can name are some version of Corvid, but I didn't want to assume they were the only ones who got a special name.

Parliament of owls, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Morpheus posted:

Parliament of owls, too.

It's a parliament of ravens, not owls. I am disappointed in you, Oneiros.