Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Murdstone posted:

I’m no doomer; I think he’s likely to lose. But I’m also not prepared to say it’s a done deal.

Yeah, I'm the same. The numbers work against Trump in 2024 in a way they didn't in 2016. Trump's best chance would have probably been to lay low for 4 years and let people forget the failures of his leadership but he obviously is incapable of doing that and instead has been running a nonstop campaign against himself in the media since Jan 6 2021.

It doesn't mean he can't win, it means he has gone from having a not-great chance to an even-less-great chance even if there are no legal showstoppers between now and Election Day. Trump's entire campaign pitch is nothing but a nonstop narcissistic rant about his own legal problems, it doesn't pull people over it just whittles his base down to the most loyal, and that's just not a great strategy to get swing-state voters to lean to your side.

I have no idea how a probably nearly 9-0 SCOTUS ruling managed to shake people so badly but there are some serious brainworms working in this thread all of the sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Three Olives posted:

Um, COVID? I know it was not just me because I hear it from people all the time, from the moment it was announced that the pandemic had started to the resumption of normal life, I basically remember none of that time, like, I can't even contextualize anything around and during that time period, it's like years vaporized from my mind.

So so true

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Junk posted:

quit taking the bait from the cspam troll ffs

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Drop that loving ruling Engoron.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
This is what always happens during news lulls, at least their bit is rediculously obvious.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

staberind posted:

This is what always happens during news lulls, at least their bit is rediculously obvious.

News lulls, not to be confused with news lols. :(

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Um, COVID? I know it was not just me because I hear it from people all the time, from the moment it was announced that the pandemic had started to the resumption of normal life, I basically remember none of that time, like, I can't even contextualize anything around and during that time period, it's like years vaporized from my mind.

Honestly, 2017 onward was a blur of misery and anxiety waiting to see if I'd have healthcare or not. Then 2021 happened and I got unleaded water and juiced up tax credits for my health insurance, so yeah. I knew something was terribly wrong with America when the federal government started working to my benefit.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol at anyone who actually incurs whatever brain damage it is to say "at rates never before seen" in every other sentence.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

My dad said "hey they said that about Ronald Reagan and he was a great president!" lol.

Probably good we're not American so can't vote there, but then again he probably voted for Boris Johnson.

I thought PMs were selected by the MPs of their party, not by the populace?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Batterypowered7 posted:

Spotted this one out in the wild on my way to pick my son up from school.

I saw this one the other day

The bottom text is so small you can't even read it and it just looks like a Biden sticker (inexplicably in the Bounty logo font) from a distance. Only when I pulled up alongside the truck (which also had YEE YEE in giant white letters across the rear window) could I see and properly parse the whole thing

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Engoron is gonna have Taylor Swift announce the ruling at a surprise Superbowl Halftime appearance

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Well honestly if someone is gonna gently caress up I’d rather they do it quickly than jam up the works and take forever like Jonald “D” Trump

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

weg posted:

I drive all day in the south so I see every variant of these imaginable. I spotted one today that said "Dumb and Dumber" with headshots of Biden and Harris on a Lincoln crossover who's driver couldn't park for poo poo.

Some all-timers are the "FJB Edition" trunk badges, the sticker that says "Buck Fiden" and one I spotted last week that said "I'm a straight white male, how can I offend you today?"

At least the guys with a dozen masts in thier pickup beds all flying every possible variant of Trump flag seemed to have given it up in the past year or so. Though I imagine they are just waiting until later this year to bring them back out.

these patriots are so brave. i have tears in my eyes as i think of them

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Diapers wasted. I have a working sphincter, unlike President Joe Biden. I remember the Trump rears. They were good. I got clean diapies, I had fun. Can't say the same with any other President in my lifetime.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

A lawyer for the chief witness against Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, said on Friday that the witness was cooperating with a House Ethics Committee investigation into whether Mr. Gaetz had sex with an underage girl while he was serving in Congress.

Fritz Scheller, a lawyer for Mr. Gaetz’s former friend and political ally Joel Greenberg, said he provided documents to the committee related to claims Mr. Greenberg has made about Mr. Gaetz. Mr. Greenberg previously told federal investigators that he had witnessed Mr. Gaetz having sex with a 17-year-old girl.

“Mr. Greenberg has and will cooperate with any congressional request,” Mr. Scheller said in an email on Friday. Mr. Greenberg, who pleaded guilty in May 2021 to charges including sex trafficking, is serving an 11-year prison sentence.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

until Engoron gets this thread rolling again, i'm going to fall for every troll post on here. every single one. let's go. bring it on.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1756054655321162191

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i dont want trash american milk in ontario :thanks:

funny considering how it comes in bags in canada :thunk:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

nobodygetshurt posted:

until Engoron gets this thread rolling again, i'm going to fall for every troll post on here. every single one. let's go. bring it on.

Did you know that Obama and Biden are suffragette 2.0 agents?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The milk is irradiated in Canada

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Did you know that Obama and Biden are suffragette 2.0 agents?

i don't really know what that means, but THAT IS BULLSHIT! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS! TRUMP IS THE loving WORST AND YOU KNOW IT, OBAMA AND BIDEN DON'T HAVE 91 INDICTMENTS AGAINST THEM.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Toxic Mental posted:

funny considering how it comes in bags in canada :thunk:

thats just an east coast thing, ive lived in bc my whole life and never once saw bagged milk

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

nobodygetshurt posted:

i don't really know what that means, but THAT IS BULLSHIT! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS! TRUMP IS THE loving WORST AND YOU KNOW IT, OBAMA AND BIDEN DON'T HAVE 91 INDICTMENTS AGAINST THEM.

No it's true. They want to execute the next logical step of feminism.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kevin sends his regards?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

big nipples big life posted:

kevin sends his regards?

"I wish him well"

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
When you're in jail they serve you milk in bags. What's interesting is, despite being sealed in plastic, you can absolutely tell when they've gone bad. They stink right through the plastic.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hollismason posted:

The milk is irradiated in Canada

Stealing the nutrients.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

credburn posted:

When you're in jail they serve you milk in bags.

prison reform NOW :gonk:

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

nobodygetshurt posted:

When Trump was in office we were still in Afghanistan. That meant you could pretend that 2001 wasn't that long ago, because why would a war last that long? By leaving, Biden has aged us all 20 years.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

nobodygetshurt posted:

Louder doesn’t rhyme with chowder doesn’t rhyme with Crowder. :colbert:

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Grammarchist posted:

When Trump was in office we were still in Afghanistan. That meant you could pretend that 2001 wasn't that long ago, because why would a war last that long? By leaving, Biden has aged us all 20 years.

Time has aged us all 20 years rear end in a top hat. Cos oh lets see 2023 minus 2001 is OH WHAT DO YOU KNOW... 20 YEARS.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It's chowda

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

yes it does what the hell are you talking about?! i just said Louder Chowder Crowder out loud at work 3 times in a row and they all sound the exact same.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

You can get Gamma Milk in Canada that is a fortified milk protein shake mixed with matcha and additional caffeine red bull type thing. It's bright green.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I say Crow Durr

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

nobodygetshurt posted:

yes it does what the hell are you talking about?! i just said Louder Chowder Crowder out loud at work 3 times in a row and they all sound the exact same.

Nope. :smugbert:

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Grey Cat posted:

You tell the avg american 2k die a month and they just shrug.

They might ask what school they were killed in.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Machai posted:

I thought PMs were selected by the MPs of their party, not by the populace?

It varies.

Labour leadership is currently elected by paid up party members using an alternative vote system. The Liberal party is very similar.

Conservatives have multiple rounds of voting by MP's for the candidates , eliminating the one with the lowest support each time. The choice between the final 2 is put before the party membership.

N.b. This is all very much subject to change. Parties can, and do, change how their membership rules work all the time.

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
Imagine how insufferable Gaetz must be to work with, that even with their anxieties around the voting margin, they reopened the investigation and kept it rolling after the retirements.
And then he went after Kevin again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Didn't buttigieg fix milk prices or something