Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Megami rules because I never expected to see a queen like her on drag race. Some of her looks have been hit or miss but I love her overall.

Maybe its just because I like Shin Megami Tensei games and flamboyant jrpg fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Don’t forget that UK vs The World 2 has premiered!

Also, fun anecdote:

https://x.com/chorizamay/status/1755721387992318463?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
UK vs the World: I'm excited to see La Grande Dame on my tv again, she is gorge and her fashion is to die for

edit: Posted right before she comes out dressed as a frog wrapped around the eiffel tower. Still fashion though!

Bookish fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 10, 2024

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

UK vs World 2:

Is it just me, or did Ru sound SUPER low energy in her intro, even sick maybe?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hewlett posted:

UK vs World 2:

Is it just me, or did Ru sound SUPER low energy in her intro, even sick maybe?

That's why she said "And yes, I sound like Bea Arthur."

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

holy poo poo Mhi'ya :stare:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Great ep. I thought Nymphia and Megami did well too and could've made the top in another timeline, but the competition was tight this week. Q totally deserved the win but my personal favorite was actually Plane Jane's. And then we got a killer lipsync to cap it all off.

Honestly Sapphira should've known she's a frontrunner at this point and they wouldn't have risked her going home this early :v: I actually kinda wonder if there was some behind-the-scenes manipulation by some other queen(s) that didn't make the storyline cut.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

blizzardvizard posted:

Great ep. I thought Nymphia and Megami did well too and could've made the top in another timeline, but the competition was tight this week. Q totally deserved the win but my personal favorite was actually Plane Jane's. And then we got a killer lipsync to cap it all off.

Honestly Sapphira should've known she's a frontrunner at this point and they wouldn't have risked her going home this early :v: I actually kinda wonder if there was some behind-the-scenes manipulation by some other queen(s) that didn't make the storyline cut.

There was Jane talking that Sapphira should use the potion hint hint hint but that could have been foreshadowing.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I was surprised that Nymphia wasn't in the top, she turned out another amazing look, that I wonder if it was just because it didn't fit production's narrative for the season to put her in the top if she wasn't going to win. I didn't get Dawn's look at all, I thought it looked cheap and gaudy, so I was shocked that they put her in the top. Glad Q finally got her win, I thought it was strange last week that she was even in the bottom. Anyway I think there are a lot of great queens this season, but a lot of cannon fodder, hopefully those on the bottom step it up during Snatch Game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Nymphia's been the focus for a few weeks in a row now, so they probably just wanted to throw Dawn some spotlight. But I think Dawn deserved a top placement either way, I liked the concept and the color blocking.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
UK versus the world, spoilers ahoy: The tops were correct, the lip sync was amazing and the correct queen won, and I'm beyond happy Hannah Conda lives to slay another day.

I thought Mayhem's performance just wasn't okay. I felt bad for Mayhem, but laughing and not taking it seriously felt disrespectful. Gothy deserved another chance!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I have not finished it but CHARRO!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

UK vs TW: I've seen some chatter online that Mayhem is suffering from long COVID, which is likely why she seemed foggy and low-energy. I felt so, so bad for her; I wanted to crawl under the table.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

UK v. the World: Yeah, France and the Philippines came to PLAY. I predicted this to a friend; those countries give great queens. And you don't lipsync against a Filipina.

MayMay is lovely, but she deserved bottom, especially when a) she said she wouldn't forget the lyrics like the last time and b) she laughed and didn't make up poo poo when she got stuck. She, sadly, deserved to go home for that. Plus, I wanna see what Gothy can bring to the table.

Slight shade, but maybe they kept Gothy because you want the filler queens to stay so you're never in the bottom and win.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

I was surprised that Nymphia wasn't in the top, she turned out another amazing look, that I wonder if it was just because it didn't fit production's narrative for the season to put her in the top if she wasn't going to win. I didn't get Dawn's look at all, I thought it looked cheap and gaudy, so I was shocked that they put her in the top. Glad Q finally got her win, I thought it was strange last week that she was even in the bottom. Anyway I think there are a lot of great queens this season, but a lot of cannon fodder, hopefully those on the bottom step it up during Snatch Game.

With regards to the US season, while I did enjoy Nymphia’s look, as soon as I saw someone point out how the bow on the doll is a completely different colour to the one on Nymphia, I understood why she didn’t get in the top. Geneva has had a loving wild ride this season but it did seem like the writing was on the wall for her to go. The fact she lip synced pretty much every episode (if we include the girl group performance) she was in is iconic behaviour.

As for UK vs the World, I feel bad if Mayhem was in the throes of long COVID during filming but at the same time, I think she is an icon for her horrible talent show performances and she can easily cement herself as the ijbol queen from this season. I will always love Mayhem.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
US: Nymphia really needs the you're more than just a BBL (big banana lover) note

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Mayhem should've lip synced to her AS5 talent show vocals

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gandlethorpe posted:

I love we got a revisit of her mixed-up lyrics again, that was amazing.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

That would have been iconic lol

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
So, I watched the first season of Canada, the first season of Netherlands, the first 4 seasons of UK, the first season of Down Under, the first season of UK vs the World, before turning off Canada season 2 and Canada v the World season 1 halfway through because I thought they were boring. I haven't watched any other international editions, but I got drag race fatigue for a while, and I was frustrated with the winners of UK season 3 and UK v the World season 1. If I resubscribe to WoW, which 5 seasons should I watch next?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

So, I watched the first season of Canada, the first season of Netherlands, the first 4 seasons of UK, the first season of Down Under, the first season of UK vs the World, before turning off Canada season 2 and Canada v the World season 1 halfway through because I thought they were boring. I haven't watched any other international editions, but I got drag race fatigue for a while, and I was frustrated with the winners of UK season 3 and UK v the World season 1. If I resubscribe to WoW, which 5 seasons should I watch next?

Philippines and Spain are my favorites.

France and Mexico were also very, very good.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

garthoneeye posted:

Re: your avatar, I just caught the last hour of Tombstone on TV

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Espana is my top pick. I'd say it's better than UK even. Haven't seen any particularly bad ones (down under doesn't count BC I'm Australian) but I still haven't seen italy Belgium or France at all

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Down Under has so much potential, too bad they film it in someone's garage under flourescent lights :(

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Holland, Belgium, and Italy aren't great. Skip those. Down Under... leaves a lot to be desired, I'll leave it at that.

The Philippines, España, France, and Mexico are good.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

https://x.com/theonlymayhem/status/1756471615905276019?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

Mayhem is an icon, she is a legend and she is the moment.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
This judging on the dolls episode is wildly pissing me off. "why didnt you pad the doll" "the doll has thin legs and your legs are fat as gently caress" shut the gently caress up???? If you want the dolls to be fat, then provide fat dolls. Why are you expecting the queens to make an outfit for themselves and also expecting the fat queens to do extra work for the dolls to make them look fat when you aren't judging plane jane for not giving her doll the squarest head in the world? gently caress off.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Scarlet Envy being a 3-time queen is so funny to me, did too many people pass on this season? I feel like I still no nothing about her. She says her brand is being quirky but... is it though. Mayhem's talent show is more memorable than anything she's done.

I feel like I'm the only one with this opinion but I don't get the La Grande Dame love. This was my intro to her and it's just not my humour I guess? Why is there an Eiffel Tower strapped to her?

LOVE Marina Summers and Arantxa on first impression.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

garthoneeye posted:

I'm watching Mexico right now. The translation is garbage but it's very fun and has a ton of heart.

It's so nice having people who are enthusiastic about drag as judges and not rupaul and Michelle Visage.

Give US drag race to Alaska and Asia O'Hara.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
UKVW2 is very clearly going to be a runaway Marina stomping to victory and I'm here for it

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rarity posted:

UKVW2 is very clearly going to be a runaway Marina stomping to victory and I'm here for it

Don’t jinx it! We said that about Pangina and then a mediocre queen won.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Migami is like a real life version of Tina Belcher without any of the redeeming qualities of Tina Belcher. Maybe it's because I have zero give a shits about anime culture, but she seems really out of place among the other queens.

THAT SAID, I remember how everyone treated Jinkx on her first season and how she didn't seem outgoing enough either. Glad she got over that, and maybe Migami will surprise me as well.

I do know that she definitely knows her way around making an outfit/costume and I have a lot of respect for that. In conclussion, Migami is a queen of contrasts!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I've been seeing some articles around social media about some new disease that's going to kill us all or whatever called Alaskapox but every time I see it I just think of Rolaskatox

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Flyinglemur posted:

Migami is like a real life version of Tina Belcher without any of the redeeming qualities of Tina Belcher. Maybe it's because I have zero give a shits about anime culture, but she seems really out of place among the other queens.

THAT SAID, I remember how everyone treated Jinkx on her first season and how she didn't seem outgoing enough either. Glad she got over that, and maybe Migami will surprise me as well.

I do know that she definitely knows her way around making an outfit/costume and I have a lot of respect for that. In conclussion, Migami is a queen of contrasts!

I really liked Megami this episode. Her outfit was great (minus the accessories looking a little cheap/crafty) and she was one of the few queens who seemed to be able to comment on other designs and come off as giving genuine advice and not shade or mind games.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

garthoneeye posted:

I really liked Megami this episode. Her outfit was great (minus the accessories looking a little cheap/crafty) and she was one of the few queens who seemed to be able to comment on other designs and come off as giving genuine advice and not shade or mind games.

Oh yeah, I give her flowers for the design stuff and being helpful. And I said as much.

:)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

big black turnout posted:

I've been seeing some articles around social media about some new disease that's going to kill us all or whatever called Alaskapox but every time I see it I just think of Rolaskatox

It’s an orthopox variant so if you got the mpox vaccine you’re pretty safe.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I got to see (and meet!) Mirage in person last night 👠💥

https://i.imgur.com/STu17aY.mp4
There's something deeply primal about a room full of queers singing along to a minute-long bitch track made for a TV crossdressing convention

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Remembered today apropos of nothing that Maddy morphosis played dad blues on the main stage in drag in front of Alicia Keys

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Now that it's been a while, I think I can say that Throb got robbed on Dragula without spoiler tags. Nio is great but Throb was consistently the best. But y'know, the Boulets say that when they crown a winner they're launching their career, and it made more sense to throw their weight behind Nio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Remembered today apropos of nothing that Maddy morphosis played dad blues on the main stage in drag in front of Alicia Keys

When Maddy pulled out the Squier Stratocaster I felt like the cis-het male community was being truly represented on Drag Race