Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Drinking a delicious and nutritious end of the day protein shake.

Tastes like desert, but nothing sweet but fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Finally outta work but can't do anything bc I ain't get them coins yet. Oh well. Next week...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Finally outta work but can't do anything bc I ain't get them coins yet. Oh well. Next week...

Can you share something you learned from all the training videos?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If you're in an active shooter situation and can't escape or hide you should gather your colleagues and find improvised weapons and fight as a team

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If you're in an active shooter situation and can't escape or hide you should gather your colleagues and find improvised weapons and fight as a team

lol was that really in a video? Like the Shipping Department squads up?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol america is hosed up beyond belief

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah the video showed two guys picking up a pipe and a tire iron and slapping them against their palms like bad guys from a 90s beat em up game

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ProTip: Open the top of a stapler to the loading position to take advantage of additional range and leverage against an armed intruder.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
In boot camp we learned MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) since it just debuted a few months prior.

A big part of it was using improvised weapons. I'm glad office workers and children are learning these techniques designed for a horrifyingly brutal war. :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah the video showed two guys picking up a pipe and a tire iron and slapping them against their palms like bad guys from a 90s beat em up game

Well, in that case, let me tell you of the benefits of the trusty shovel.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Admittedly, I didn't get much out of the actual combat training. What I really did get a feel for was the mindset of being willing to viciously stomp on someone's throat 17 times until they stop moving.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I should note that the same advice applies to hostile customers even if they don't have a gun.

Oh the other thing I learned is that even though political ideology is a protected class that employers can't discriminate against you for, in California employers are allowed to discriminate against you for being a member of the communist party

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Admittedly, I didn't get much out of the actual combat training. What I really did get a feel for was the mindset of being willing to viciously stomp on someone's throat 17 times until they stop moving.

Yeah, there's an extra gear or two if you're fighting for your life.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

friday night again

no progress, no hope

only loneliness and despair

a pointless existence

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that痴 mostly what the training is for

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ yeah, the actual physical skill is secondary to having the mindset to do what needs to be done

redshirt posted:

Yeah, there's an extra gear or two if you're fighting for your life.

It's pretty extreme and I don't know if I have that in me anymore but humans can do terrible things. If I were in a "you have to fight or die" situation I don't know if the extreme stuff would kick in or I just accept my fate at this point.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

that’s mostly what the training is for

yeah, the mental preparedness component is the biggest part. it takes a lot of training to be skilled in melee fighting, too much training to waste on the average grunt. if you find yourself unarmed, something is badly hosed up. but having a soldier be psychologically prepared for it can be a major improvement over nothing

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

you under 37 pencilhands? armed forces are desperate for recruits these days. they値l get you shaped up

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TrashMammal posted:

you under 37 pencilhands? armed forces are desperate for recruits these days. they値l get you shaped up

Holy poo poo it's up to 37 now? I'd imagine that's for professionals though right? Like the whole skilled profession to officer thing. Last I heard to enlist into the USMC it was 31 or so.

edit: USMC is 28 for enlisting atm

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 10, 2024

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Holy poo poo it's up to 37 now? I'd imagine that's for professionals though right? Like the whole skilled profession to officer thing. Last I heard to enlist into the USMC it was 31 or so.

hell if i know. just pulled that one out of my rear end trying to remember a headline from a few months back. it was somewhere on the higher side of 30

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

just took one of those super sloppy poops that requires like half a roll of tp

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
you could be doing that in the space force pencilhands. max age 39

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

nice obelisk idiot posted:

you could be doing that in the space force pencilhands. max age 39

Oh gently caress there's hope for me yet!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

just took one of those super sloppy poops that requires like half a roll of tp

it's all about bidets these days op
A $35er on Amazon and a little elbow grease can get you a grip of colon cleaning water

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
earghkml ndjnkgbh.sdbnkhjhnjk.etk.jnhye546o;hjuikyujoer56yjoiu;hrdxj;nlogkhjl;okdfrhjuoi;dfgsrj;olhsrj;iothnjo;bikmlrjkopi'hdstgrhfstgd4653h35146fdrtysgrhrdtsyopkhy345qw90iipdrsfygkm;obhkl,;o'gdsfk;jimlohsedtripjodpjiJILOPKLJNKNJLKDFGHJIOULSRDFTJUIO;HDEJROIP;L6T5NIL;JKMOPHUERNJIOP;KDTYGHNIP;JO'SFRDJIPTGHNUIOFTSDRHUO;IYW345QY8090YU8RTHSUILO;JNGGNJL/SFGN/JLH.SFJ;NULDKOGHTJNILOUKAERTNJLK/GHAESRNJILTOHNBJUILO'TAERPJIHYIPJO[UWRYLJMNKHHLKMJSFDGRHJILOU;SWER45TT6[80OYHJDXFSYGOLI/TNMIL;SFDGJRHYI9P08OSRFTYJTDRYJHU[Y09WR465UHJFDGLKMNL;KDFGTRYJNMIP;OTDYGF

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
belch

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

witnessing history right here folks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
At the bar. Busy as poo poo and only one girl is working and I feel bad for her but she's killing it.

They ran out of walleye. :stare:

But I wanted to try the bluegill anyway. It's $15.50 for the walleye and $10.50 for the bluegill so I'm curious.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Only bluegill I've eaten was in the boy scouts. We caught a bunch one afternoon while camping along the river on a canoe trip. The trip had been arduous up to that point so it was a welcome treat to have an all you can eat fish fry.

Get the bluegill!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bluegill tastes similar to walleye but with higher cobalt and way more focus

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

a bluegill hosed my wife and cause me much heart break

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I知 back at the Mongolian grill and hot cocoa pumped me up to be my best possible protein consumer

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm mad they closed the YC's up the street from me

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Toxic Mental posted:

I知 back at the Mongolian grill and hot cocoa pumped me up to be my best possible protein consumer

As long as you shower in between the meat sweats at home you will be welcomed!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

:haibrower:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just finished deadlift + squats/good mornings session and about to demolish a huge bowl of the jamba myself

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

It was really good. I hate crinkle cut fries but I've had their potato salad before and was not a fan. The poor girl was running around like crazy and trying to do what she could. I was there almost 2 hours and people got what was going on pretty quick and some were clearing their own tables and waiting very patiently for their drinks and orders. I sat at the bar. It was heartwarming to see every customer so nice and understanding.

I had 4 pints and the fish fry and my bill came to $17.09 so I gave her a 100% tip.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you're a gem pennywise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

you're a gem pennywise

I was honestly going to ask if she needed any garbage or anything taken out while I was leaving but I know she'd say no and say she has it under control (she did) and I didn't want to screw up her rhythm. There were 2 cooks there but they were moving non-stop in the back and speed walking food from downstairs.

Only in Wisconsin will you find people bussing their own tables and feel bad for the person who didn't do it. :unsmith:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 10, 2024