Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

GruntyThrst posted:

I have 10 hours played and have collected a grand total of… 40 super credits. They need to increase the frequency on those a LOT.
I'm at 11.5h and have collected 290 (+300 from the warbond progression). Have you been looking inside the buried cargo containers that you have to blow open with an explosive? I've found the majority of my credits inside those and my rate drastically picked up once I realized you could open them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

GruntyThrst posted:

I have 10 hours played and have collected a grand total of… 40 super credits. They need to increase the frequency on those a LOT.

You aren't looking hard enough. I have 610 in 8 hours played and only half of that is from the warbond. Super Credits are hidden all over.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Insert name here posted:

I'm at 11.5h and have collected 290 (+300 from the warbond progression). Have you been looking inside the buried cargo containers that you have to blow open with an explosive? I've found the majority of my credits inside those and my rate drastically picked up once I realized you could open them.

You have to explode those!? damnit I've passed by so many thinking the point of interest was just a couple ammo boxes on the floor

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

nah the sc thing is lamo, the track doesn't give you enough to buy the premium pass intentionally

live service fuckery in a live service game is entirely expected though so whatever, at least the game itself is good

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
Is anyone else having a hard time connecting with other players over matchmaking today? Quick play hasn’t worked at all today

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

GeauxSteve posted:

Is anyone else having a hard time connecting with other players over matchmaking today? Quick play hasn’t worked at all today

It's supposedly better post-hotfix on PC, but PS5 is completely hosed. They were supposed to push a patch today but apparently it's caught up in cert.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

megane posted:

Deepest apologies to the goon I shot in the back of the head with the AMR. A glorious death in the service of democracy.

e: By the way, what does "rearming" an Eagle do?

That was me! I spent the entire climax of that mission doing nothing because I kept dying and we had to wait the cooldown for reinforcements cause we ran out, lol.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 10, 2024

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SES King of Selfless Service over here.

This game loving owns.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

SES Superintendent of the Stars - Aura Borealis, at this time of day, in this part of the galaxy, localised entirely within your deployment zone.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

SES Prophet of Conviviality reporting in.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
SES Fist of Audacity in orbit.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla

VanillaGorilla posted:

It's supposedly better post-hotfix on PC, but PS5 is completely hosed. They were supposed to push a patch today but apparently it's caught up in cert.

Ah okay. I’m on PS5 so this makes sense

I finally got a game and then it disconnected mid game. Brutal

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Honestly I would probably have double-dipped and picked it up on Steam, but the game isn't cross-progression (despite being Sony first party?).

For all their faults MS is just better about this poo poo than Sony is, and they should probably figure it out if their new thing is going to be forcing all their first party studios to do GAAS/online games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

if their new thing is going to be forcing all their first party studios to do GAAS/online games.

It's not. And they don't own Arrowhead.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I love that the PC release has the dualsense haptics properly integrated. It's one of my favorite things about playing games on the PS5.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I've got a 4790k and gtx970. According to the stream page this meets the minimum specs. Anyone running the game with similar specs? What settings are working for you?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Gamerofthegame posted:

grenade launcher lets you kill holes from afar so that's already top tier, but it's still taking up a slot for dealing with armored enemies.

It specifically says the grenade launcher is anti-armor, is that not true? I saw someone playing with one and an ammo pack. They killed themselves a lot but they also killed chargers fast. In my experience though I've unloaded whole clips onto chargers and haven't killed them. Maybe you gotta aim for the weak point anyway? That wouldn't be anti-armor though.

e: Ah it says armored "infantry." Does that mean it's good against bots? I haven't played against them yet.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Revitalized posted:

I love that the PC release has the dualsense haptics properly integrated. It's one of my favorite things about playing games on the PS5.

The haptics are amazing, but after a long playsession and pulling the haptic trigger on the shotgun maybe several thousand times I had a shooting pain up my arm from my finger. Had to switch the aim and fire buttons back to L1/R1 like I do with every other game, so no more adaptive triggers for me. But the haptic rumble is still great.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
had a bit of fuckery today but mostly fine using quickplay (pc). got dropped from 2 games with no warning and had one game solo where I couldn't board the ship to extract :( . Although I think I might've caused that to bug out by dropping an orbital strike right on top of it...

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Matchmaking is definitely fucky and held together with duct tape, was able to join friends ship a couple times and get booted when we dropped, then joined them mid-mission from steam menu and it was rock solid the rest of the night

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Is this game on game pass yet?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Won’t be for a while as it’s got a lot of PlayStation input, I could see it being ps plus free in 6 months

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Is the friendly fire stat the amount of friendly fire you did to people, or the amount of friendly fire you took?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone using the heavy body armors? I feel like all my deaths are to one shot stuff anyways so I might as well take the better stamina/speed. But maybe heavy armor is better at higher difficulties

I do, I really like them. It sucks when running to a new point, you'll fall behind due to worse stamina. But, I find myself surviving way more hits so I think it's worth it. Makes it fun too since you don't die immediately your can scramble around like a crazy person trying to reload and get strats in and use a stim

Finally unlocked the backpack drone as well and man I love that little dude

Danith posted:

Is the friendly fire stat the amount of friendly fire you did to people, or the amount of friendly fire you took?

I believe it's the amount you did to people

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Danith posted:

Pretty sure it's outgoing friendly fire.

Overall the game kind of owns. Been playing it on medium with some friends that don't have any Helldivers 1 experience to get the hang of it and it's a little... thin on the easier difficulty. Pretty long lulls without any bugs even when standing on objectives.

The switch to third person was overall more successful than I thought it would be. The "oh gently caress OH gently caress MORE BUGS" feeling is hugely amplified. I do think there was a little lost... tactically? Not sure how to phrase it. I'm just not sure it was a strict upgrade but I was a big Helldivers 1 fan so it might just take me some time to warm to it.

The friendly fire poo poo is still the absolute most hilarious. Mortar turrets when a charger breaks in to the middle of your party. Gun turrets when a second wave sneaks in from behind. Eagle strafing runs that are just a liiiiittleeeee too wide for your boy that's off the line. Your buddy tripping over a cliff, ragdolling and dropping his orbital strike strategem pokeball at his feet (and yours). The one random that joined your squad asking "Wait, is this thing armed?" two seconds before the hellfire bomb goes off at the objective. And of course just the general shenanigans of walking in to everyone's line of fire all. the. time. And it's never not funny.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

I played the tutorial and one solo mission on trivial so far and I already think this has potential. For my next game I tried doing public matchmaking and it kept failing. Are there any tricks to get it to work on ps5 or just keep spamming join until it works?

Also, what's the new discord for this game?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
We decided it wasn't really worth bringing the recoiless over to the bots, at most you'll likely want EAT for the possible tanks and even then they're slow enough you can likely just orbital them.

The bots are loving terrifying if you don't get a handle on the situation though. We ended up completely nuking patrols as fast as possible to stop them from getting off a flare because otherwise you're fighting for 10 minutes. The HMG emplacement, if you can get it set up and in a good spot will shred them though, most of what they bring gets completely annihilated.

Also the autocannon can two tap hulks in the head.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Diephoon posted:

It specifically says the grenade launcher is anti-armor, is that not true? I saw someone playing with one and an ammo pack. They killed themselves a lot but they also killed chargers fast. In my experience though I've unloaded whole clips onto chargers and haven't killed them. Maybe you gotta aim for the weak point anyway? That wouldn't be anti-armor though.

e: Ah it says armored "infantry." Does that mean it's good against bots? I haven't played against them yet.

It kills sub-heavy robots faster than just shooting them, and can also get those robots driving walkers from the front, though that may be slash damage hitting the pilot. It seems to bounce off the big bugs unless I got them in the back, but I think it's faster than using a gun

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Whats the plan for hulks?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Super confused about how to group with people you aren't already Steam friends with. The friend code thing generates a new one every time you click it? Do they only last a short period of time or something?

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

they have glowy things on their backs but a few rockets in their face takes em out too

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

tyrelhill posted:

they have glowy things on their backs but a few rockets in their face takes em out too

That reminds me with the recoilless rifle to get team reloads does a teammate need to wear the back pack?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ZeusCannon posted:

Just autocannon them in the face, two will do it.

ZeusCannon posted:

That reminds me with the recoilless rifle to get team reloads does a teammate need to wear the back pack?

Nope, you can wear it yourself, its just a slower reload.

edit: haaaa i'm dumb, thats what i get for posting after like 10 hours of playing

dogstile fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 10, 2024

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

ZeusCannon posted:

To do the team reload yes the loader has to have the backpack.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Does the difficulty in this game scale based on the number of players? I was playing with a fried earlier as a duo but if you get attacked by the same amount of stuff whether its 2 or 4 people in the game I guess that's probably a bad idea.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Bruc posted:

Does the difficulty in this game scale based on the number of players? I was playing with a fried earlier as a duo but if you get attacked by the same amount of stuff whether its 2 or 4 people in the game I guess that's probably a bad idea.

Haven't 100% confirmed it, but fairly sure its got scaling based on player count. Missions when I have a full stack certainly seem to have more enemies than when I duo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

megane posted:

Super confused about how to group with people you aren't already Steam friends with. The friend code thing generates a new one every time you click it? Do they only last a short period of time or something?

Not sure anyone knows for sure, but the safe thing to do is generate once and put it in the goon spreadsheet you can find on discord. Or just save it in a text file

ArmTheHomeless posted:

I played the tutorial and one solo mission on trivial so far and I already think this has potential. For my next game I tried doing public matchmaking and it kept failing. Are there any tricks to get it to work on ps5 or just keep spamming join until it works?

Also, what's the new discord for this game?

On pc it doesn't work every time but eventually it will. I've heard ps5 is having issues though. Join the discord and you can add a bunch of codes from a spreadsheet hosted there, so you can have groups to join

E:

Baggot posted:

I think there's a separate Discord for just this game, but there's a bunch of us on PS5 playing it together in the PlayStation Goon Discord: https://discord.gg/yhNQ2fCy

There's a channel for "Helldivers 2" in the #game-discussion section.

Jossar posted:

Mentioned this in the discord (https://discord.gg/345gUjbsqw),

And I think this is the other one maybe

Play fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 10, 2024

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Environmental storytelling.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Revitalized posted:

how do you get this working btw, they work in Death Stranding but I haven't noticed anything here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
A couple of us in Discord made it all the way up to Impossible tonight, and that was including a full operation on Extreme against the bots! ...might have been scarier than the Suicide Mission runs against bugs, tbh. Was greatly surprised at how much you can still get away with while still having the missions being a chaotic mess, even once you enter the hard tiers, but we wiped on the 2nd mission of the Impossible operation so that might be the limit just because there's so many enemies.