Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

chumbler posted:

Especially given that slapping two green shards in her makes her basically the most well rounded and versatile frame in the game.

Is that just because she can buff status chance and bring a gun modded for corrosion or is there an ability interaction I’m not aware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kaiju15 posted:

Is that just because she can buff status chance and bring a gun modded for corrosion or is there an ability interaction I’m not aware of?

Archon continuity will make her 3 add corrosive as well, plus they're just generally good for gun reasons as you mentioned, though you don't necessarily need to run corrosive on them as well. I genuinely like that you can run basically anything you want on citrine because she can synergize with any type of weapon builds or elements, and it's cool that if you wanted to you could run almost all of the archon mods on her.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 7, 2024

Khorne
May 1, 2002

free hubcaps posted:

Looks like theres gonna be some upcoming alerts that give out Fortuna bonds as an interim fix before DE actually fixes solaris' economy; also maybe gravimag components? They've been giving out all sorts of good stuff lately
i don't get all the solaris complaining. I did it this month and it's easier/quicker than abandoned spaceship incarnon guys (lanthorns lanthorns lanthorns -- even getting a bunch from extractors & netracell I'm still gated by them) & definitely easier than either of the amp reps.

They buffed hunting. You can cap rep in 5-8 minutes in plains or solaris doing it. Then for bonds you check ticker once or twice per day. For the final level's bond that never shows up in ticker (and maybe the one before) you can wait until it's a reward on a good bounty and clear out the rest in 20 minutes tops.

If I was going to complain about something in the game it'd 100% be archon shards and the means of getting them. Unlike everything else in the game, there's no alternate means of getting them. It's a transparent compelled gameplay system that trickles something you want a ton of and very much goes against the spirit of the game.

Netracells are awfully boring and you're compelled to do it 5x. It's not fun to stand in a red circle waiting for enemies to walk into it for 5+ minutes per run (sometimes 8-10 if it's a bad tile connection.) The rewards most of the time are stuff you can get with rep trivially or your 20th melee adapter. Kahl missions are really boring on the nth playthrough, and my n isn't even high. There's no skill ceiling/optimization to them, and while they have great personality the first time or two they're not content I'd interact with outside of the other one-time rewards. Archon hunts are decent, although I'm not sure if they always drop archon shards and I'm too lazy to look it up. If they don't always drop one then they should.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 7, 2024

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Khorne posted:

i don't get all the solaris complaining. I did it this month and it's easier/quicker than abandoned spaceship incarnon guys (lanthorns lanthorns lanthorns -- even getting a bunch from extractors & netracell I'm still gated by them) & definitely easier than either of the amp reps.

They buffed hunting. You can cap rep in 5-8 minutes in eidolon & solaris doing it. Then for bonds you check ticker once or twice per day. For the final level's bond (and maybe the one before) you can wait until it's a reward on a good bounty and clear out the rest in 20 minutes tops.

Getting rep is super easy yes, but the bonds are the issue. And tickers stock is constantly filled up with shelter and training bonds, they'll often have 0 medical bonds in stock for example.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

free hubcaps posted:

Getting rep is super easy yes, but the bonds are the issue. And tickers stock is constantly filled up with shelter and training bonds, they'll often have 0 medical bonds in stock for example.
he frequently doesn't have a lot of bonds, but that's why it takes 10 seconds to check him next time you login or later that day. I definitely was rep capped for 5 or more days waiting on certain bonds near the end, but I just did the thousand other things I have to do in warframe and checked ticker when I played.

I'd 100% support making ticker have a more robust stock that guarantees all of the bonds in sufficient quantities.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 7, 2024

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Khorne posted:

he frequently doesn't have a lot of bonds, but that's why it takes 10 seconds to check him next time you login or later that day

I'd 100% support making ticker have a more robust stock that guarantees all of the bonds in sufficient quantities.

Only to find that they dont have them again, or that they need 20 mirewinder buttcheeks for them and you only have ten, and by the time you can harvest them their stock has shifted.

It's not the end of the world or anything but it is widely considered the worst rep grind for the open world.

And that's not even getting into toroids.

Also I think people are a but more accepting of the lanthorn grind since it's late game, and you can also earn lanthorns passively with extractors.

E2: I suspect that the Fortuna rework is partly based on player feedback/opinion, but I also suspect DE looked at the backend data and realized Fortuna is a place where lots of newer players stop playing the game.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 7, 2024

Khorne
May 1, 2002

free hubcaps posted:

Also I think people are a but more accepting of the lanthorn grind since it's late game, and you can also earn lanthorns passively with extractors.
I don't mind toroids or lanthorns, but it felt worth pointing out that both are "worse" in terms of taking more time if you try to brute force it. There's also the loid-bot rep thing on deimos that seems far more time intensive than solaris.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Brute forcing lanthorns means giving your Laetum (or whatever your current pocket warcrime is) to Nekros, it's not nearly on the same level as Fortuna's current nonsense.

If you've just been relying on box breaking and mission rewards for lanthorns, I'm so sorry.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 7, 2024

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Ticker is a she :eng101:

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

chumbler posted:

I imagine a deluxe skin for citrine is a ways off, but I hope she gets a voidshell or tennogen or something soonish because boy is it hard to find a color scheme that works well for her that isn't just grayscale on the matte parts. Especially given that slapping two green shards in her makes her basically the most well rounded and versatile frame in the game.

Have you tried gold on the metallic parts and bright white on the matte parts? A couple of weeks ago I and some goons shared our Citrine Fashions in in-game chat and, well, we all thought the same thing it seems. Even though none of us are great minds lol.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Curtana posted:

Have you tried gold on the metallic parts and bright white on the matte parts? A couple of weeks ago I and some goons shared our Citrine Fashions in in-game chat and, well, we all thought the same thing it seems. Even though none of us are great minds lol.

Yeah that's my main one, though it's pink for the metallic and gold for the geode part (random, as it often does, got it in just a couple clicks). I'm trying to come up with a second one and nothing really looks great. I don't want to be the uncreative white/black/gold color schemes guy all the time.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I went with all black for the matte and outer parts, gold for the trim, and different shades of emerald for the inner gems. There's only one gem color but one emissive coloring shows up in dark light.

Going for a Phosphophyllite look from Land of the Lustrous/Houseki no Kuni. But, like, the gold trim looked better than white imo.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Khorne posted:

They buffed hunting. You can cap rep in 5-8 minutes in plains or solaris doing it. Then for bonds you check ticker once or twice per day. For the final level's bond that never shows up in ticker (and maybe the one before) you can wait until it's a reward on a good bounty and clear out the rest in 20 minutes tops.

I’ve done a fair bit of hunting to try and get rep fast. And in my experience is faster than the other methods, but getting 28k rep is more like 15-20 mins for me, and that’s if I get a couple Kubrodons to spawn.

Right now I just fly around with the rifle out, and wait for the animal sound then spin around to figure out what spawned and try and tag it. Any better system?

Also I hate the little roll-up guys they are always a waste of time.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Helter Skelter posted:

Brute forcing lanthorns means giving your Laetum (or whatever your current pocket warcrime is) to Nekros, it's not nearly on the same level as Fortuna's current nonsense.

If you've just been relying on box breaking and mission rewards for lanthorns, I'm so sorry.
I've been trickling with extractors/netracell. No bruteforce for something that comes through inevitability. But there was a point where reps with holdfasts & the animal crew were held up by it as well as crafting incarnons and a few other things.

Right now I'm short on the void angel drop medallion. I'm floating around 30 lanthorns and only really missing phenmor (due to medallions needed) and maybe some mastery fodder.

I enjoyed the rep grinds. They feel very optional/go at your own pace as a returning player.

Lord Wexia posted:

I’ve done a fair bit of hunting to try and get rep fast. And in my experience is faster than the other methods, but getting 28k rep is more like 15-20 mins for me, and that’s if I get a couple Kubrodons to spawn.
Could try going between mushroom patches. Maybe 5-8 was generous for vallis, it's probably closer to 12-18.

I liked vacuuming up loot in between too. Gets lots of materials needed for crafting and bonds. Tapping itzal 3 twice next to any corpus area is great. Volt for speed boost is also good but that's kinda annoying for hunting because you're mostly staying in archwing mode.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 7, 2024

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Khorne posted:

archon shard talk

At the very least just let me buy/trade for them with plat. I am resentful of DE's attempts to get me to stop mindlessly running relics until the end of time.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Invisible hamster wheel.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

smallmouth posted:

Invisible hamster wheel.

I think you could invent a pretty good warframe based on a hamster wheel themed power set.

Nibbles Prime

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Kesper North posted:

I think you could invent a pretty good warframe based on a hamster wheel themed power set.

Nibbles Prime

I mean Nezha is a hamster ball.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I did the weird defense variant with the Murmur, and Oberon - especially with Smitr - still deletes Murmur, so I did a little digging I to why.

The Murmur have a new health type that's weak to piercing and radiation. The have no armor or shields to strip, they're just big bags of HP.

Smite does radiation damage to the initial target, and then spawns orbs that seek out nearby targets and do radiation/piercing damage that's a significant percentage of the original targets HP - like 35%. These orbs will absolutely circle around and hit the original target, too.

This annihilates Hollow Veins and Anatomizers, and is no slouch against the other Murmur either.

So, If you have Oberon, or smite subsumed, use it.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Crank the cast speed up and it gets pretty crazy.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ok, so I'm coming back to this after having last played before New War came out. I think the last frame I got was Xaku?

I also have functionally infinite plat (for anything that isn't like, rivens or arcanes I guess) thanks to some tradebaroning back when I did play. So my question is: Are there any frames or weapons I definitely should or should not throw plat at for quick unlocking if they look interesting? Kullervo looks nifty but I don't know if I'd be able to get him relatively quickly through just a little bit of play, for example.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

kullervo is pretty easy to get but can potentially be annoying if you have limited play time and are missing the right moods when you are on.

styanax is kind of poo poo because you either need to sacrifice some shards or save up for awhile.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I would spend your plat on Prime frames you don't have rather than unlocking the non-primes. The only non-prime grind that I wish I bought was Caliban, only because I'm pretty sure I could have made twice the plat doing anything else versus waiting for for his bounty-specific materials to drop. You can get most of the older non-prime from circuit.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Buy cosmetics, kill poo poo, look fabulous.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'd recommend just buying Styanax, the grind to get him is fiercely timegated and pushes the clock even further back on other valuable stuff from the same source. Plus he's offered at a plat discount.

Sevagoth can be a pretty irritating grind from what I've heard, and you just missed the give away they did for him.

A lot of the newer stuff has some degree of bad luck protection via resources you'll gain along with your chances at blueprints dropping, so unless you really cannot stand a particular frame's associated missions just save your plat for cosmetics and potatoes.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Caliban is a pain in the rear end to farm but also is entirely MR fodder, so I guess just hope you get there while slowly grinding holdfasts rep.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They'll fix him someday, I'm sure :(.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Huh, feels kind of scummy that in order to play this New War quest I need to either do a 4-day minimum grind or get a Buy Now necramech on the market. Oh well

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I mean necramechs were in the game for a good while before new war (and with a worse grind than now), so it feels a bit disingenuous to call it scummy well after the fact. That being said, cornbots being entirely useless outside of one mode and two boss fights (or worse than the average warframe in bonewidow's case) is dumb, but that's warframe.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It's just hard not to feel like it's a poor return to the game to have a big "DO THIS NEXT!" prompt, click on it, watch some cutscenes, then get told "ok now you need this thing," google what it'll take to build the thing that's in my inventory (since I had the Voidrig bp already from the last time I played), and see it's either 'you can't actually do this next, really' or 'let's see that wallet buddy.' Especially for it being something I've heard so much about as being the big-actual-thing in the game, or the gateway to it. Just give me a necramech, even a crappy loaner, so I can do it. Worked for amps.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

The worst part of the New War requiring necramechs is that you barely even use it in the quest.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The actual worst part is the necramechs, also, ask in clanchat anyone who has done a bit of deimos open world vaults has a ton of mech parts to get rid of.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Finally cleared a lich that's been hanging around for a while and received my prize:

The Kuva Kraken.

This might be the worst pistol I've used in this game in a very long time. Is it even salvageable besides the usual "play very low level content"? I got an okay roll on the stat (39% Toxin), but I didn't expect it to feel this bad. In my defense the last time I used the Kraken was years ago so I didn't remember what I was getting into.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

SkyeAuroline posted:

Finally cleared a lich that's been hanging around for a while and received my prize:

The Kuva Kraken.

This might be the worst pistol I've used in this game in a very long time. Is it even salvageable besides the usual "play very low level content"? I got an okay roll on the stat (39% Toxin), but I didn't expect it to feel this bad. In my defense the last time I used the Kraken was years ago so I didn't remember what I was getting into.

Kuva Kraken is a pistol I very much enjoy for the chunky sound and weird three-round burst but it is absolutely mediocre in terms of performance, no distinct advantage at all. Non-kuva kraken is still my most used secondary from back when I was new to this game, followed by getting a great riven for it when they were first introduced.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Captainicus posted:

Kuva Kraken is a pistol I very much enjoy for the chunky sound and weird three-round burst but it is absolutely mediocre in terms of performance, no distinct advantage at all. Non-kuva kraken is still my most used secondary from back when I was new to this game, followed by getting a great riven for it when they were first introduced.

Kinda what I figured. I stuck a potato on it anyway since I had spares and I'm not gonna get another one.
It looks like the secret sauce is Steady Hands, which makes the alt fire actually kind of tenable. Not great still, but serviceable. We'll see by the time I get my MR from this how much I can fit in it.

I'm sure my kitguns will continue to be my best options for high level play for... a while yet.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

SkyeAuroline posted:

Kinda what I figured. I stuck a potato on it anyway since I had spares and I'm not gonna get another one.
It looks like the secret sauce is Steady Hands, which makes the alt fire actually kind of tenable. Not great still, but serviceable. We'll see by the time I get my MR from this how much I can fit in it.

I'm sure my kitguns will continue to be my best options for high level play for... a while yet.

Steady hands or Secondary Deadhead if you have one upgraded are probably good options to make good use of the alt-fire

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Since it has 21% base cc, I guess you could always hand it to Yareli for big numbers between the cc buff passive and the silly bubble multiplier.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ok, I did the New War today. My review no one asked for:

600 hours of playtime before I came back and this is not a part of the Returning Player Experience I can say I was particularly taken by.

I don't mean to harp on it, but the Necramech thing went from feeling predatory/cheap to downright insulting. Yeah let me bother with this thing for literally a sub-5-minutes run-and-gun sequence at the end of like 3+ full hours of stuff where they just, give you the tools to use. No good reason for it at all except if one person on the dev team really wanted people to get a showcase they absolutely did not need and will miss if they blink, considering my rank 0 mech with a rank 0 default weapon shredded the whole sequence.

Pros overall: The starting segments are all cool, it was neat getting to play all the universe's also-rans for a little bit. The hunts were a cool idea even if the boss fights all felt one health-segment too long. The ending was a cool payoff even if it, in the tradition of Warframe Lore, still had incomprehensible weirdness peppered throughout.
Cons: gently caress you pay me. Also, for all that, that's it? A bow and a mediocre amp? Oh and more quests, maybe they have actual rewards.
Neither pro nor con: It's a wild swing to jam a AA indie cover-and-stealth shooter in the middle of your live service loot game. I respect the attempt at least, but there's a reason we use the word "respect" when we don't necessarily mean "like."

In conclusion: "Nothing I could give could repay what you have done for me" ok then let's start with the cost of this useless robot and go from there.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
They should really just give you one of the loaner mechs if you don't have one of your own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Necramechs are actually *super* useful once you have them leveled - the voidrigs 4 annihilates... *everything*. It's like a Supercharged Peacemaker.

I actually basically got my Necramech for free, though. I had tried starting new accounts but couldn't deal with not having everything my switch account had, and they combined it all with cross save, so I got like 200p in starter platinum I couldn't use for trading, and then I got a 50% off coupon, so I figured what the hell.

You will want to trade or grind for mods to get it and the Mausolon powered up.