Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

it was actually the friends we made along the way (in our shared hatred of red bull)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

That seems like incredibly shoddy journalism given that it is posed as a question.

Also I didn't realise Saward got a job at the Beeb.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Biodome posted:

Going to the Japan race for my birthday, anyone that’s gone previously got any tips on where to stay, what to check out around there?

I have no tips for Suzuka, but this is a trip that i'd definitely like to make one day, please post a trip report!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Set up a monthly calendar to track when bill payments are due

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

That seems like incredibly shoddy journalism given that it is posed as a question.

It is literally a question.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Tony quidprano posted:

Set up a monthly calendar to track when bill payments are due

do you have any advice re: the buying and selling of stocks? i keep forgetting when it's good to buy vs. when it's good to sell

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
huh, so the allegations against horner arent sexual in nature? is it just him being a dickhead? if i was him i'd be pissed at the vague way this has been reported - made people think he might be a sexual assaulter. hosed up imo even if i dont like him

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sunk Dunk posted:

huh, so the allegations against horner arent sexual in nature? is it just him being a dickhead? if i was him i'd be pissed at the vague way this has been reported - made people think he might be a sexual assaulter. hosed up imo even if i dont like him

Enough of these scandals end in sexual assault thing that it's easy to jump to the conclusion of "yet another rich, white man in a position of power is a sex pest". In this case though I think it's more that Horner is a prick to work under and now that Matteshits can't silo off the F1 team, they're getting the corporate scrutiny.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

No one knows what the allegations are. Different sources have suggested different things. Reports have been vague because there's no other way to report on it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Is Horner fired yet and RBR closed up?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They’re going to be banned for cheating OP

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

net work error posted:

Is Horner fired yet and RBR closed up?

let's just focus on coffee for now

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://x.com/valtteribottas/status/1323319670955495424?s=46

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the milk machine posted:

do you have any advice re: the buying and selling of stocks? i keep forgetting when it's good to buy vs. when it's good to sell

Buy stocks that prices are undervalued relative to their intrinsic value and sell stocks that are overvalued relative to their intrinsic value.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boatass blend

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

I think it's more that Horner is a prick to work under and now that Matteshits can't silo off the F1 team, they're getting the corporate scrutiny.

If I was to casually guess as to why they are taking this so seriously I would suggest that Red Bull really don't want "figure in a leadership position is above the law" in the headlines given the son of the Thai majority owner hit and ran a police officer like 10 years ago and that poo poo got swept under the rug

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I have a strong suspicion that the post-Mateschitz regime no longer sees the value in F1 and this is the beginning of them trying to cut back.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Red Bull GmbH is gonna sell the team back to Ford

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I have a strong suspicion that the post-Mateschitz regime no longer sees the value in F1 and this is the beginning of them trying to cut back.

The team won like all the races last year and F1 in more popular than its ever been, by every metric their F1 team is a market success so I'm not sure that's it. What I do think is that there is some clever dude in middle management who can see the writing on the wall and Ferrari is just going to run away and dominate the series from 2025 onwards so they're probably trying to lean up ahead of time in anticipation of that.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tony quidprano posted:

The team won like all the races last year and F1 in more popular than its ever been, by every metric their F1 team is a market success so I'm not sure that's it. What I do think is that there is some clever dude in middle management who can see the writing on the wall and Ferrari is just going to run away and dominate the series from 2025 onwards so they're probably trying to lean up ahead of time in anticipation of that.

And that clever dude in middle management? Louis Hamilton. No relation.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

christian horner has been executed

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

christian horner has been executed

don't write checks you can't cash

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Andretti is going to buy RBR for pennies on the dollar

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

crap crapcrappen

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ethanol posted:

crap crapcrappen
Unexpectedly correct posts ITT

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

crap crapcrappen

stealing this

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Is there a way to preorder this in the us? I see the preorder for uk

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Is Hornier in jail yet?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nowher posted:

Is Hornier in jail yet?

lol he's gonna show up at Alpine with a fake mustache calling himself Hornier

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So I guess (Horny) Horner wont be buying into the team anytime soon then.

You'd think any of the smaller teams would pick him up in a heartbeat if he does leave Redbull or will he be like Flavio and not welcomed back (for a few years)

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
A second horner has hit the towers

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWYTV7-gWnQ

Theophany fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 10, 2024

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Explains the size of the catering budget

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Christian horny, Michael!

niethan fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 10, 2024

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Custard Undies posted:

So I guess (Horny) Horner wont be buying into the team anytime soon then.

You'd think any of the smaller teams would pick him up in a heartbeat if he does leave Redbull or will he be like Flavio and not welcomed back (for a few years)

He'll do a Putin and become principal of AlphaTorroVisaMinardi.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

fyallm posted:

Is there a way to preorder this in the us? I see the preorder for uk

Random local retailers will take pre-orders as part of regular business - . Lego randomly does pre-orders and will sometimes open up for orders if you are part of the LEGO Insiders program (free) a few days early.

Best Buy in the US is one option it seems:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-icons-mclaren-mp4-4-ayrton-senna-model-race-car-for-adults-10330/6572360.p?skuId=6572360

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Who has a cucumber for tea?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Delicious rear end cucumber sandwiches 😋

Bip Roberts