Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

020824_2
Feb 9, 2024
233.33% YoY price increase on Youtube. 3% inflation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
What a snipe

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Volte posted:

I use both a Logitech mouse (for regular use) and a Razer mouse (MMO side buttons) and it's really hard to say which software is worse. I would say they are equally the most dogshit software I've ever used for any purpose. Logitech Gaming Software used to be functional and easy to use with a surprisingly clean interface, but then they replaced it with G-HUB, one of the actual worst things I've ever used. The Razer software is probably less bad to use on the whole but it's still awful and half the time it doesn't recognize my mouse until I quit it and restart it, and a lot of the time when I try to open it it's just frozen and I have to terminate it.

Logitech Mice are really good. They feel great, and I quite like the positions of the side buttons. Especially for action games like Dark Souls 3/Elden Ring. Not great for Armored Core 6 because it's a bit of a pain trying to hold down side buttons.

The software is indeed absolute dog poo poo, just the worse aspects of modern post-Jobs design with all the functionality locked behind bizarre file architectures and swipe screens. And it will randomly decide to just not load while updating, and it won't even get fixed by restarts.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Is something an ARG if nobody pays attention to it? :thunk:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Logitechs mac software feels like a windows exe from the vista days

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

020824_2 posted:

233.33% YoY price increase on Youtube. 3% inflation.

I wonder how much money they're spending on trying to break adblockers run by people who will never pay them.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

well why not posted:

Logitechs mac software feels like a windows exe from the vista days

That's how the windows software feels too tbh

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah Logitechs software is not good at all. It eschews basic functionality in favor of looking like a flash app from 2008

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Yeah Logitechs software is not good at all. It eschews basic functionality in favor of looking like a flash app from 2008

Just don't use GHub, use the Logitech Onboard Memory Manager. It's a minimal app they made so that eSports gamers can change their mouse settings while on tournament PCs, it eschews all the flash app poo poo in favour of basic functionality.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I have a Razor mouse I bought after I finally wore out my old Logitech mouse and it seems fine for gaming. Kinda like having the DPI adjustment buttons on the mouse itself just because I play old games and being able to adjust the mouse speed without having to fiddle with .ini files or digging through settings is convenient. The software feels like an afterthought but being able to check the battery status and fiddle with RGB settings while waiting for the computer to finish updating a game is nice? I guess?

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

BurritoJustice posted:

Just don't use GHub, use the Logitech Onboard Memory Manager. It's a minimal app they made so that eSports gamers can change their mouse settings while on tournament PCs, it eschews all the flash app poo poo in favour of basic functionality.

Yeah, I really love OMM. I haven't tried all mouse software but the ones I have have all been garbage. If anything I think even GHub is kinda good compared to SteelSeries' GG or loving Glorious Core (which Windows detects as unsafe, and I tend to agree).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't mind GG because Sonar is quite good and its recording has been a lot better than shadowplay or game bar for me but it is definitely a bit heavy and sometimes just silently crashes and I'm left wondering why I have no sound until I go check lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I hate it when a video reminds you how old you are

https://youtu.be/MngTH_mh_Is?si=uYq7_fylfFMCr_0r

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

BurritoJustice posted:

This 100%. I don't know why anyone puts up with having to keep a program actively running for a peripheral as basic as a mouse or keyboard. If I need programmable macros I will compile an AHK script with a fraction of a percent of the overhead.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Does OBMM let you save custom profiles for different games you have running? That feature is kind of important to me

Every single youtube video I've found describing its functionality is some mumbly dork who doesn't explain gently caress all.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I don't think I ever had an issue with logitech's software. or steelseries. or razor. they've all mostly behaved themselves.

i did have corsair's icue crash so hard it uninstalled itself.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

MarcusSA posted:

Comments be like “Oh, I remember sitting on my dad’s lap and watching as he played this!”

And I’m “I remember a guy in the college dorm handing out burned CD-Rs of this.”

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

buffbus posted:

This 100%. I don't know why anyone puts up with having to keep a program actively running for a peripheral as basic as a mouse or keyboard. If I need programmable macros I will compile an AHK script with a fraction of a percent of the overhead.

I keep GHub going because of the automatic profile switching. Razer last I knew still has you do it manually. I think the Steelseries one can, but I only use it for my keyboard and headset.

I refuse to touch anything Razor as their software is just this side of malware. The Steelseries one isn't bad, but I did have it do some funky things with VLC a version or so ago. Seems to have cleared up though.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

Does OBMM let you save custom profiles for different games you have running? That feature is kind of important to me

Every single youtube video I've found describing its functionality is some mumbly dork who doesn't explain gently caress all.

No, it doesn't do anything on the computer end. It just lets you adjust all the settings in the mouse memory itself, hence the name. If you want software aware profile switching you'll have to keep using GHub.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Coffee Jones posted:

Comments be like “Oh, I remember sitting on my dad’s lap and watching as he played this!”

And I’m “I remember a guy in the college dorm handing out burned CD-Rs of this.”

I played sc3000 a ton when I was a little kid, i was always terrible at it, all my cities were bankrupt shitholes. It was only when I stumbled on the LP in high school that I went back to it and could actually play successfully

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Koskun posted:

I keep GHub going because of the automatic profile switching. Razer last I knew still has you do it manually. I think the Steelseries one can, but I only use it for my keyboard and headset.

So Razer synapse *does* auto-switch, but it can be touchy.

I understand the hesitation with all the various softwares, though. They all perform worse than basically every third party controller customization software.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

VostokProgram posted:

I played sc3000 a ton when I was a little kid, i was always terrible at it, all my cities were bankrupt shitholes. It was only when I stumbled on the LP in high school that I went back to it and could actually play successfully

had the same problem with SC4. Even my podunk 50k pop town had a hospital IRL, and school, police stations, etc etc etc. So I just figured those were strict requirements in-game for towns of any size. It all ended predictably, each and every time. I would keep returning to the game in year intervals, discovering some mechanic I was too impatient/immature to really delve into the year before.

:sigh: that game had an absolutely killer soundtrack.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aj-vFcNJNo

"It makes good toast," 3O says. The toast:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

is there an infringing 3O post I might see and laugh at?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

All I see is a bad loss edit

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Don’t need perfect toast - it’s good enough.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

All toasters, toast toast.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

trilobite terror posted:

is there an infringing 3O post I might see and laugh at?

It's in this thread. I don't have plat, or I'd find it for you. 3O came in to defend the toaster after we mocked the LTT test/review/unboxing of it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

It's in this thread. I don't have plat, or I'd find it for you. 3O came in to defend the toaster after we mocked the LTT test/review/unboxing of it.

Apparently I missed the toaster drama but it seems that it's this:

Three Olives posted:

It is a very pleasant to use toaster that looks nice :colbert:

It's a luxury kitchen appliance, no different than whatever dumb screwdriver Linus has been working on forever.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
lol 3O only bought/likes it because it has a screen already built into it

saved him the trouble of having to hack something horrible together like the rest of his kitchen

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

god drat, that soundtrack is just so loving good!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

MarcusSA posted:

He and I are almost the same age, and had strikingly similar SimCity journeys (I once made a collage out of art files on the SC2K CD, though SC2K for DOS is the “definitive” version of it for me). SC3K did end up being my favorite SimCity as well, and it still pisses me off that EA killed the iOS version of it.

I’m one of the top 100 streamers of the SC3K soundtrack on Apple Music two years running, lol.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

trilobite terror posted:

lol 3O only bought/likes it because it has a screen already built into it

saved him the trouble of having to hack something horrible together like the rest of his kitchen

What?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

putting a screen directly on top of your stove is psychopath behavior

never mind that it’s next to like three other screens like every time you make oatmeal it’s the last voyage of the nebuchadnezzar

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

trilobite terror posted:

putting a screen directly on top of your stove is psychopath behavior

never mind that it’s next to like three other screens like every time you make oatmeal it’s the last voyage of the nebuchadnezzar

Yes, I am the insane one.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

Three Olives posted:

How much did you pay for a toaster?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Three Olives posted:

You are.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

My kitchen sin:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

computer; set toast to medium, coffee to hot. engage loneliness management system, full power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012
All I see is a kitty belly in need of rubs and scritches