Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

If I get a calendar with a bunch of hockey players in it I'm gonna want to see them with their tarps off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Yeah hockey jerseyes are expensive, the real team the Sudbury Wolves are like 200cad though.

A Boston Bruins home jersey from their pro shop is $260usd. The NHL probably has a big say in the price though, it's consistant across the league.

This is quoting me 270 euros.

$392 Cad
$291 US

And not including customs and shipping.

gently caress.that.poo poo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

If I get a calendar with a bunch of hockey players in it I'm gonna want to see them with their tarps off

I've been messaging the shows insta account like RELEASE THE CALENDAR YOU COWARDS

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I went to the Winter Classic this year, and I saw quite a few people repping Irish and Blueberry Bulldog jerseys

Me, at a real life hockey game: this is just like Shoresy :buddy:

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Happy Landfill posted:

I went to the Winter Classic this year, and I saw quite a few people repping Irish and Blueberry Bulldog jerseys

I'd pay $400 for one of these

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Happy Landfill posted:

I'd pay $400 for one of these

Tell that to the nhl proshops

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I want a bulldogs sweater :sigh:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I want a Goodleaf sweater so bad but the orange/camo colorway from the Michigan team is sick af not gonna lie

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sticks are unbelievable

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Happy Landfill posted:

Sticks are unbelievable

Settle down

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Terry Ryan posted this to his Instagram the other daaaaayyy

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 12, 2024

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Happy Landfill posted:

Terry Ryan posted this to his Instagram the other daaaaayyy

gently caress
yes

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Settle down

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Watched through season 1 last night with a friend who has never seen it before. The part in ep 6 where they're all in the bin at the same time, and they're hugging and high-fiving gets the biggest laugh out of me everytime. True friendship :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Just bought my fat, Quebecer roommate a JJ sweater for his birthday. I think I'm more excited for him to get this than he is

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Season 3 coming this spring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApCR96BDuYM

:woop: :woop: :woop:

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
June 21st is way sooner than I expected it to drop! Gonna have to spend the two weeks leading up to it rewatching seasons 1 and 2.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Coca Koala posted:

June 21st is way sooner than I expected it to drop! Gonna have to spend the two weeks leading up to it rewatching seasons 1 and 2.

May 24th on Crave (and :filez:), June 21st on Hulu.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Coca Koala posted:

If you’re not regularly watching both seasons then you’d better give your balls a tug

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I rewatch it everytime I'm sad

I'm always sad :smith:

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

"You can buy a loving houseboat with his rookie card' That's some elite chirping.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Another trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HU4ypZz4KM

What a bunch of dorks :allears:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
It's fun so far

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Keeso shows always making me watch with shazam open.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Now I gotta watch the Prince Edward island Encyclopedia, good job giving me homework you titfuckers

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

ilmucche posted:

It's fun so far

Jory Jordan needs a real podcast.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I can't wait to see more snapshots from the Most Drunk I've Ever Been night

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I love that this show keeps building on the inside jokes, and isn't big enough like Archer or Seinfeld to have the most annoying people you know run the references into the ground. Sometimes it's really hard after watching it not to throw someone off with well-timed "HUH?"

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I actually think that Canadians have a better knack at doing low-stakes sitcoms than US productions.

I thought the idea of Corner Gas was really stupid but it was consistent and really fun as a person who grew up in rural Finland. I know exactly what gas station in my home town could have had the same "adventures".

Same thing with Letterkenny and Shoresy, I sometimes get flashbacks from home.

And can finally laugh at the misery of living in a small rural town or city which isn't that much.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Jehde posted:

Keeso shows always making me watch with shazam open.

If you use spotify there are playlists with almost all of the songs from both Letterkenny & Shoresy.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
After the ending of the latest episode, I wonder if they're going to have one for the drunk night.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Altared State posted:

After the ending of the latest episode, I wonder if they're going to have one for the drunk night.

I doubt it, it's just the gimmick of the season

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Medullah posted:

I doubt it, it's just the gimmick of the season

Most of the cast aren't good enough actors to fake being drunk, and are probably a liability to film actually drunk.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

There is nothing I love more than watching a bunch of actors bad-acting on purpose :allears:

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe

stratdax posted:

Hockey has three periods, not four, but either way this sequence was pretty roughly edited. Shorsey puking in the toilet with his teammates around him telling him the plan was a flashback to the previous locker room break, where we saw that happening but couldn't hear what they were saying. So they proceed with the plan for the third period:

just beat the poo poo out of the Soo and score at least one goal in the third period to shake them up enough to be able to beat them in the playoffs. The Bulldogs lose the game at the end of the third period, they have a nice moment with the fans and GM, and then Shorsey convinces the GM NOT to fold. When she asks "what are you going to do to up your game for the playoffs", he looks at the weight machine, implying the team is actually going to work out and practice and get better. Then them running the street with all the fans is after all of this.

Note: in this four-team league, every team makes the playoffs regardless of how they perform in the regular season.

Thank you for asking and answering this; I figured with only 4 teams they all make the playoffs and I know 3 periods = one game, but it was confusingly done I thought. Upshot was: they lost but Nat decided not to fold, they knew they could get the Soo in the playoffs. Even though they're so fuckin' good.

I started watching because I love hockey and it's a show about hockey, that's all I knew. I'd never heard of it or Letterkenny and friends were floored, because I'm so into hockey. I'm now 7 seasons into Letterkenny and have watched both seasons of Shoresy 2x; can't wait til the 21st when 3 comes out...right in time for the post-season letdown.

ETA: You know you've watched too much Shoresy when you find yourself needing to shout REMY NADEAU! for no reason.

sudont fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 5, 2024

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Well that sure was an episode. I think a lot of people are getting what they wanted, along with a whole lot more. The way that ending was shot and edited was really well done.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jehde posted:

Well that sure was an episode. I think a lot of people are getting what they wanted, along with a whole lot more. The way that ending was shot and edited was really well done.

I missed the ending and a friend just texted me how great it was. I'll go back and rewatch it but what exactly happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Just watch it.