Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I might rewatch dune 1 a couple days before but I'm not going to a showing that's both. that would be like five loving hours long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
a bunch of theaters are showing d1ne in imax this weekend

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'll make a day of it. as long as there's like half an hour between them and i can get beer

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sagebrush posted:

i'll make a day of it. as long as there's like half an hour between them and i can get beer

the local imax is only doing a double feature on release night, and i'm not sure i can do movie marathons until the wee hours like i used to

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

i not gonna watch that. i wanna see the whole movie afresh in theaters, in imax or at least digital laser projection, preferably right after seeing the first one again

I haven’t even seen the first one. unless we’re talking about jurassic park

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

Metreon is doing imax showings of the first one this weekend

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
they're doing a rerelease of Tenet at the end of the month here. 70mm downtown in one theater and imax in one theatre In loving Vaughan lmao.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i refuse to go to a movie until cinesphere reopens. i saw dunc there just before they closed for "renovations"

realistically, i may never see another movie

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

FMguru posted:

a bunch of theaters are showing d1ne in imax this weekend

gently caress yeah thanks for the heads up

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

gently caress yeah thanks for the heads up
:tipshat:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
man Hausu is a fuckin trip

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Chris Knight posted:

man Hausu is a fuckin trip

just as sure as cherries were made for eating, and fish were made to live in the sea

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
for twelve years, you have been asking: where are our flying cars?

https://twitter.com/chiweethedog/status/1755647661620031804

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

YaketySass posted:

Think how awesome Omelas would be if they put two kids down there.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol
so after the bear when cousin goes to the restaurant it’s kinda cheesy how after a week he’s transformed “I wear suits now”, “she didn’t fix the napkin”

the show is quite different from first series huh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

echinopsis posted:

lol
so after the bear when cousin goes to the restaurant it’s kinda cheesy how after a week he’s transformed “I wear suits now”, “she didn’t fix the napkin”

nah they both dead

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

gf is seeing dune for the first time tomorrow in imax :toot:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

it will be my second time ofc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I will never have the chance to see dune in an imacx

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i saw dune on my tv the other night. i was missing the theater sound for all the BWAAAA noises

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I put on the latest mission impossible, like 10% of the movie is tom cruise running really fast in a straight line and there’s a ~30 minute setup for his big dumb motorcycle stunt

it’s going to be funny once the makeup and facelifts can’t do the job anymore

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the fight scene in the alley was great, the car chase was silly and ~15% too long but a lot of fun, and climbing the train car was so tense that for the first time in my life I was wringing my hands from anxiety. story made nearly no sense, the death was a bad choice but maybe will get reversed since all of them so far have been. A+, keep doing them
til you're dead, Tommy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I feel bad for boy-likers because the last MI stars four lady dimes then all the dudes are old and/or doughy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nobody can be more attractive than tom in his movies, see how cavill had to have a stupid mustache and had his face disfigured when he died

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the new MI wasn't anything groundbreaking, but did the audience two real solids. the twist wasn't dragged out for the whole movie: the audience was shown pretty much right away and the characters figured it out very quickly. also the gags were good without laugh track reaction shots included.

a wonderful action movie

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
i quite enjoy how during the car chase cruise and atwell genuinely look panicked instead of relaxed

i could've done without the cartoony female assassin though

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Ever since I had Tom Cruise running pointed out to me it makes me smile when I see one of his films, it's like a visual Wilhelm Scream

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I mean dude is in great shape for a 62 year old but he’s still 62 years old and denying it is getting increasingly sad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

lol

it’s high drama but artistically i think it’s supposed to illustrate that even loud shitheads can change if they are given opportunity and support. plus now there is contrast to his drug dealing aspect

pragmatically it’s because cousin’s character as originally conceived ran its course with the writers and needed a tweak to make him more interesting to write for

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
probably my favorite thing about the bear is how the main character (bear) is just kind of an addled dumb himbo who thousand island stares a lot, but with one specific skillset where he is a genius

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kenny Logins posted:

thousand island stares

he what?

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
it's the dressing's primary ingredient

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sagacity posted:

I thought so at first too but then during the alley fight she somehow manages, looking all of 5' flat and 100lbs after Thanksgiving dinner, to be genuinely menacing and scary. it was worth including her for that alone imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it’s a dumb stavros halkias reference i like

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sagacity posted:

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Roosevelt posted:

i saw dune on my tv the other night. i was missing the theater sound for all the BWAAAA noises

i'm ok with this

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
watched Michael Clayton. good stuff op

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

qirex posted:

cavill had to have a stupid mustache

????

can we get a ruling from the girls and the gays on this matter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the purpose of the mustache was to look very silly being CGIed out of the justice league reshoots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Watched the restoration of the 1986 Czech stop motion PIED PIPER yesterday evening, fantastic to see it in such detail after the VHS fuzz-vision copy I saw way back when. If you like animation this is well worth looking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5RjH1Mp5To

edit: theres a 480p copy up if you don't want to hunt down the new version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRh0-Fr5PCs