Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Kith posted:

why are horses the dumbest loving animals

https://i.imgur.com/939Cg3z.mp4

If you breed something for exactly one purpose, all other purposes fall by the wayside and atrophy. Show horses in particular are dumber than rocks, workhorses are slightly better. See also: pugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the worst part is that horses aren't even the dumbest animals, they're just catastrophically stupid while also being a thousand pounds of muscle.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kith posted:

he's just horsing around :v:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Kith posted:

What a good horse, destroying that dangerous mirrored window so it can't kill any more birds

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

shoeberto posted:

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you close that door, Harry Potato," Punchy said. I nearly fell off the doorknob, aghast. "You got a butt plug on that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

"Because I need to unzip them to open it, silly. Getting them to turn is the trick. It's all in the toes..."

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Kith posted:

I kicked that other horse so hard, it shattered... sha-te-re-d... now where's me loving carrots and oats?!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well that other horse was a jerk :mad:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Kith posted:

the worst part is that horses aren't even the dumbest animals, they're just catastrophically stupid while also being a thousand pounds of muscle.

This entire thread is the proof that humans are the dumbest animals and are perfectly capable of being catastrophically stupid .

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Wtf is happening here? I thought it was a video game for a start but no it's real?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kith posted:

They are a water balloon of skin filled entirely with poo poo and then there is a brain the size of a raisin floating in there somewhere.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

klen dool posted:

Wtf is happening here? I thought it was a video game for a start but no it's real?

It is a game

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I like that the steering wheel is in no way attached to the vehicle

That setup would improve the driving performance of many drivers

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

gently caress graphics are getting good. I think the fact that the player waved sorry at the incoming vehicle threw me off

Extremely Penetrated
Aug 8, 2004
Hail Spwwttag.
All roads lead to Ausfahrt

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Poohs Packin posted:

About a quarter of the way through filling up, petrol started flowing out from the base of the bowser. There was no way to access it and nobody at the station. It was flowing really fast and chanelling into storm drains. I really hope they had some sort of stormwater quality system. There was nothing we could do so we just drove off from the ignition hazard.

Was there no emergency stop button anywhere?

Also this is the first time that I've heard someone call the pump 'bowser' :mario:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

klen dool posted:

gently caress graphics are getting good. I think the fact that the player waved sorry at the incoming vehicle threw me off

The OSHA part of the video is smoking indoors

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

Also this is the first time that I've heard someone call the pump 'bowser' :mario:

I never realised nobody else calls them that, guess it's an Australian thing

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

klen dool posted:

In fairness the compression and low rez can make it easier to be fooled.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

klen dool posted:

It's someone with a sim setup on their desk with a real-ish dashboard. So the person and dashboard are real.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

https://i.imgur.com/7eo3UuN.mp4

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nenonen posted:

There wasnt as far as we could tell, and it was coming from below so we couldnt redirect it or anything and it was flowing out under the cat and over our shoes. It was a pretty hectic situation so we opted to GTFO.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Aaaaaaaaaaaand he's SAFE at home plate!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Tide goes in, tide doesn't go out. You can't explain that.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

klen dool posted:

It's the final training course for swift drivers. Gotta make the delivery under time by any means necessary.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

There wasnt as far as we could tell, and it was coming from below so we couldnt redirect it or anything and it was flowing out under the cat and over our shoes. It was a pretty hectic situation so we opted to GTFO.

What kind of shoes did the cat have

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The very best possible outcome given the circumstances.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Eeyo posted:

It's the final training course for swift drivers. Gotta make the delivery under time by any means necessary.
They would unironically improve the swift training and most states CDL process which is otherwise driving through a parking lot and only hitting a couple cones.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Just some nice taut hawsers for ya

https://i.imgur.com/pinQhlv.mp4

like a tiger.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I design dams for a living and the structure in the original video is not the kind of low-head drowning machine dam that you really need to worry about. This particular one is tall enough and shaped such that there is significant downstream velocity at the toe and anything that floats going in there is almost certainly going to get transported downstream away from the hydraulic jump right away. The structures you need to worry about are a lot lower (as measured by the difference between elevation of water upstream and the elevation of the water downstream) and usually with a steeper dropoff from the crest. In that case the downstream velocity is a lot slower and you are a lot less likely to get carried away from the turbulent zone at the toe. This structure here would be significantly more dangerous if something downstream constricted the flow and raised the water level so there was only 5-10 feet of elevation change over the weir.

There are still plenty of hazards associated with what the idiot in the video did, but getting trapped in a roller at the toe of the weir is probably not high on the list.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

withak posted:

I design dams for a living

Get ready for the bad puns, you posted this info in the wrong dam thread.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

withak posted:

I design dams for a living

Don't let us hold you back. Spill the details.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Hell yeah dam designer has entered the chat

But for real how does one get into that field? Any special certifications or education needed? How often do dams even get designed? I didn't think I was gonna be excited about asking these questions but here we are lol

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You go to school for civil engineering then you go work at a place that does dams.

edit: To be clear, civil engineering is generally agreed to be the least exciting and lowest paid form of engineering so plan accordingly.

withak fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 10, 2024

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Well that was disappointing lol

Anyway

https://i.imgur.com/lE22ssP.mp4

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol that hurts

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I hope the beer is ok. :ohdear:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A disaster that could've been averted, if only that man had gotten finger certified in dam school

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

withak posted:

I hope the beer is ok. :ohdear:

They need to get it medical attention immediately - the ale being that pale suggests that it's in shock top.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Captain Hygiene posted:

A disaster that could've been averted, if only that man had gotten finger certified in dam school

The only school that certifies is in Holland though, so it's a bit difficult to get certified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I also thought this was a video game