Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i just got done with the second full moon today btw and gently caress it's still sooooo good. just extremely solid additions and tweaks to an already loving incredible game. i had forgotten some of the details of storylines that i remember the broad strokes of so i got the emotional gut punch of the little girl telling you her dad hit her for the second time in my life.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

watho posted:

i just got done with the second full moon today btw and gently caress it's still sooooo good. just extremely solid additions and tweaks to an already loving incredible game. i had forgotten some of the details of storylines that i remember the broad strokes of so i got the emotional gut punch of the little girl telling you her dad hit her for the second time in my life.

yep this game is the poo poo. many many feels

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

just finished the 4th full moon and i'm feeling like i really focused too much on Academics/Charm stats in the beginning because i'm not that far in the little girl Social Link, don't have anyone above 6... i'm going to have to play this again aren't i?

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
red faction guerilla on switch is really fun. the missions are merciless though. it's easy to get dog piled on by humvees.

the hammer rules

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the final fantasy vii rebirth demo is out on ps5. it is unbelievably dope

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Sarah Cenia posted:

red faction guerilla on switch is really fun. the missions are merciless though. it's easy to get dog piled on by humvees.

the hammer rules

:hmmyes:

the hammer is so good

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Spellcaster University is really fun. It is a bit repetitive, so I will probably burn out on it sometime. I think with just a few tweaks it would be even more enjoyable and give it more replayability. My biggest gripe is that I want to watch what's going on in the school but have to keep an eye on the events that pop up.

watho

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

just finished the 4th full moon and i'm feeling like i really focused too much on Academics/Charm stats in the beginning because i'm not that far in the little girl Social Link, don't have anyone above 6... i'm going to have to play this again aren't i?

i'm not super optimized or anything and i probably won't max out everyone on this run but a general rule of thumb is that you, with only rare exceptions, always wanna prioritize social links over stats. also try to always do tartarus runs on school nights because you can talk to the nurse afterwards for a free boost to courage. it's small but it adds up.

Finger Prince

I got Hardspace: Shipbreaker as the free game this month. Kind of tedious yet engaging at the same time. This game is begging for a VR port. In VR this game would be amazing. I love how deliciously cynical it is.
Then I got Gun Club VR to indulge my inner gun nerd without actually having to deal with gun nuts. Pretty cool shooting gallery game. I played it for a while so it's pretty benign for motion sickness. But now as I sit here on the can typing on the phone, my left hand isn't where my brain has just got used to it being. It seemed higher up than brain got used to. Weird how spending time in VR in a game where maybe one of your limbs isn't where your actual limbs are kind of fucks up your perception for a few minutes when you're done and back in the real world. Kind of hard to describe. But there's definitely an offset on the left hand in that game.

Philippe

(she/her)
I'm replaying Saints Row 4 right now to get out of a depressive funk, and I keep forgetting just now much this game is from minute 1. Wilhelm Scream at minute 2, an extended riff on the "shoot brown people in a brown environment" shooter genre, and then you're riding a nuclear missile into space and landing in the Oval Office.

Farecoal

There he go
4 definitely went way too hard with the Wacky!! and Zany!! poo poo but the super powers were fun

kalel

been playing donkey kong 64. my first ever video game (got it in the n64 christmas bundle, natch) so a lot of nostalgia here. it's fun to play a mostly mindless collectathon with low stakes to destress :shobon:

I might actually go for the 100% this time, if only to make my kid self proud

watho

Farecoal posted:

4 definitely went way too hard with the Wacky!! and Zany!! poo poo but the super powers were fun

the powers were fun imo, lots of fun to run and fly around etc but half the fun to me in the previous games was the vehicles and weapons, and making them obsolete killed a p big part of my long term enjoyment of it

Philippe

(she/her)

watho posted:

the powers were fun imo, lots of fun to run and fly around etc but half the fun to me in the previous games was the vehicles and weapons, and making them obsolete killed a p big part of my long term enjoyment of it

There's no single moment in 4 that's as cool as the base jumping mission that plays Kanye West's Power in SRIII.

I agree with you about the cars and guns. I love representing my brand, and it's hard to do that without my ultimate supercar in candy paint purple with gold trim and teal underlight.

watho

one of best memories of co-op gaming was playing saints row the third with a friend and driving around in a pimped out semi-truck listening to satisfaction

Philippe

(she/her)
4 even tries to recapture the magic of singing along to music with Pierce, but it's not the same.

Helluva

Got Fallout:76 from deep Steam discount, man this game rocks!

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Listening to the Digimon Story Cybersleuth OST. I forgot how unreasonably good it is. I need to finish that game.

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Growing up, my dad was the one to get me into video games. We'd spend hours just loving around in games together. When I was six he burnt his entire Christmas bonus to buy an n64 for us, and I used my piggy bank to buy a couple games.

When I got old enough to start beating his rear end in shooters, he put games down.

20 something years later he tells me he's bored, so I bought him a used xbone. Together with gamepass he's Tearing poo poo Up but now he's Old and needs help sometimes. It's very sweet. The random calls at 10am on a Saturday warm my stupid little heart.

Anyway games are cool and they can bring people together bye

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Helluva posted:

Got Fallout:76 from deep Steam discount, man this game rocks!

Nice try Todd Howard

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nice try Todd Howard

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

watho

video games ftmfw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prof. Crocodile

Philippe posted:

There's no single moment in 4 that's as cool as the base jumping mission that plays Kanye West's Power in SRIII.

this is actually one of my favorite video game moments of all time. maybe because it was so much more than i expected out of an sr game.

watho

you hate to give it to kanye but he was onto something when he said "no one man should have all that power"

watho

also speaking of i got teh saints row reboot when it was free on the epic games store and aside from some bad glitches and not supporting playstation controllers well it's like a really solid game

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I got Ys Origin on switch on sale, pretty fun entertaining light story dungeon crawler.
I like that one of the characters is hack n slash and one of em is like a shoot em up

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
still enjoying slapping fools with a hammer in red faction.
I appreciate the gyro aiming option cause I can't aim for poo poo with a joystick
some of the missions are like what blast corps could have been.
protip: back into buildings for much easier destruction

Farecoal

There he go
Me in 2009: Wow this building destruction is so loving cool I can't wait for this technology to spread to other games!!

:nsa:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
agreed :smith:

battlefield bad company 2 was good for that too

GentleReject

Nice try Todd Howard

Idk... Todd would've mentioned how many great in-game items he could buy with his Steam discount savings.

Ass-penny

Nice try Todd Howard

:boom:

Helluva

GentleReject posted:

Idk... Todd would've mentioned how many great in-game items he could buy with his Steam discount savings.

You got me :pcgaming:

Quadramind

I'm playing Slay The Spire. Loving it. The first 25 runs were just for practice. I get it now.

Helluva

Quadramind posted:

I'm playing Slay The Spire. Loving it. The first 25 runs were just for practice. I get it now.

It's extra entertaining with a gamepad :catte:

kalel

Quadramind posted:

hell yeah

Ass-penny

thought I'd try to beat BG3 tonight, this was a mistake :lol:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Quadramind

Helluva posted:

It's extra entertaining with a gamepad :catte:

I can't figure it out. I don't think this ancient macbook plays particularly well with controllers. I did get a cool handshake mouse for it, though.

I still haven't slain The Spire, but I feel like I'm getting smarter with each attempt. I am quite averse to thinking these days, but playing braindead is a recipe for failure.

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!

Quadramind posted:

I can't figure it out. I don't think this ancient macbook plays particularly well with controllers. I did get a cool handshake mouse for it, though.

I still haven't slain The Spire, but I feel like I'm getting smarter with each attempt. I am quite averse to thinking these days, but playing braindead is a recipe for failure.

If the MacBook has Bluetooth then a PS5 or Xbox One controller would probably work fine.

I am a patient they.

Quadramind

Got my first victory! It felt a lot like luck, and this deck felt like it had about three winning combinations. Also had the relic that gives you a 50/50 shot of just discarding exhausts.

Feels drat good, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
eyyyy!
it's a tough game. I played the poo poo out of it until I won with the poison lady and now my motivation is gone lol