Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Those Nikto were firemen and their station is where baby Yoda was abandoned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rappaport posted:

I was really upset at the Razor Crest getting blown up. That was Mando's hobo dad home!

The best part was Hasbro (the toy company) did a huge crowdfunded 3.75” scale Razor Crest toy that cost hundreds of dollars and then it shipped just before it got blown the gently caress up in the show.

lol? :confuoot:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

In my ongoing exploration of Disney+ I’ve started s3 of the Mandalorian.

I’d read a lot of opinions about it that kind of ranged from lukewarm to bad.

And I guess I’m an Old and easily amused, or whatever, but I’m having great fun with it.

Nothing is as cool as s1 was… that was some great tv. But even though this is the weakest of the three seasons for sure, it still has a lot of fun stuff.

I legit LOL’d when they put Grogu into IG-12 and he started hitting the NO and YES buttons.

And later on when they were walking together, and he’s hitting the YES button with each footstep?

:discourse:

I seriously howled laughing both times. Am I a simpleton?

I’m not really sure about Bo Katan and this whole plotline but I’ll tell you, this show always has kept me entertained.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrMojok posted:

In my ongoing exploration of Disney+ I’ve started s3 of the Mandalorian.

I’d read a lot of opinions about it that kind of ranged from lukewarm to bad.

And I guess I’m an Old and easily amused, or whatever, but I’m having great fun with it.

Nothing is as cool as s1 was… that was some great tv. But even though this is the weakest of the three seasons for sure, it still has a lot of fun stuff.

I legit LOL’d when they put Grogu into IG-12 and he started hitting the NO and YES buttons.

And later on when they were walking together, and he’s hitting the YES button with each footstep?

:discourse:

I’m not really sure about Bo Katan and this whole plotline but I’ll tell you, this show always has kept me entertained.

The final arc of Season 3 is probably the best of the season, yeah. Over all, Season 3 is perfectly middle of the road Okay for a Star Wars anything. Nothing ground breaking, but it does what it does mostly competently. People are also just insufferably miserable about Star Wars online as a default state now, and they've collectively Overton Window'd Attack of the Clones into be a good movie somehow, so the curve we are grading all of Star Wars on now is shaped like the goddamn euthanasia coaster.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

MrMojok posted:

Grogu getting the ability to speak, and immediately using it to sass Space Dad? Perfection.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Rappaport posted:

Grogu getting the ability to speak, and immediately using it to sass Space Dad? Perfection.

You’re goddamned right!

Also, what was the name of the giant Mandalorian? The one who carried a big autofire gun just like the infiltrator terminator in Kyle Reese’s flashback?

Just saw him get shithoused by what looked like three palpatine-era imperial guards, and realized, I will miss him!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrMojok posted:

You’re goddamned right!

Also, what was the name of the giant Mandalorian? The one who carried a big autofire gun just like the infiltrator terminator in Kyle Reese’s flashback?

Just saw him get shithoused by what looked like three palpatine-era imperial guards, and realized, I will miss him!

Paz Vizla, son of Pre Vizla from The Clone Wars and voiced by Jon Faverau himself (both Vizlas).

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Vinylshadow posted:

Some day we will get the story of Darth Maul's severed legs, and some day we will know perfection

funnier if its obiwan's lightsaber that fell to the same place as the legs

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This kind of e/n I guess. So please scroll down if you don’t want that.

But I think I have finally reached this point in my SW fandom and/or my life (most likely both) where I’m now able to sit back and not nitpick and just enjoy all this stuff we have now.

I saw the original film in the theater when I was eight. Decades later, I was pretty critical of the prequels.

At some point more recently, I just forgot about all the bad juju, forgot all the wookiepedia-type debates, and instead started sitting back wide-eyed, shoveling popcorn in my mouth and watching all this stuff through a child’s eyes (in a sense)

It’s been huge fun and re-subbing to D+ is the best money I’ve spent in a long time.

I can (but won’t) go on at length about pros and cons of everything I’ve watched so far. But as a whole my opinion is very positive.

I have also rewatched Rogue One like 3x because I love it.

fake edit: I have yet to watch Boba’s Book

faker edit: also I realize I just basically created an ad for Disney+ up there.

🚨 Do not quote me Disney, I will sue 🚨

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrMojok posted:

This kind of e/n I guess. So please scroll down if you don’t want that.

But I think I have finally reached this point in my SW fandom and/or my life (most likely both) where I’m now able to sit back and not nitpick and just enjoy all this stuff we have now.

I saw the original film in the theater when I was eight. Decades later, I was pretty critical of the prequels.

At some point more recently, I just forgot about all the bad juju, forgot all the wookiepedia-type debates, and instead started sitting back wide-eyed, shoveling popcorn in my mouth and watching all this stuff through a child’s eyes (in a sense)

It’s been huge fun and re-subbing to D+ is the best money I’ve spent in a long time.

I can (but won’t) go on at length about pros and cons of everything I’ve watched so far. But as a whole my opinion is very positive.

I have also rewatched Rogue One like 3x because I love it.

fake edit: I have yet to watch Boba’s Book

faker edit: also I realize I just basically created an ad for Disney+ up there.

🚨 Do not quote me Disney, I will sue 🚨

Book of Boba Fett will mostly just bore you, I think. I'm equally deferential to Star Wars because it's all plastic toy slop aside from Empire, Andor, and parts of The Last Jedi, but BoBF was just profoundly taxing to watch, I found. There's some decent bits to it, like the episodes that are basically The Mandalorian Season 2.5, and Ming-Na Wen and Temuera Morrison are just loving fire every time they're on screen together being dumb criminal shitheads who walk around town having what goods and services are explained to them, but it's a LOT of wasted potential for a series that was initially sold on this image:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Basically The Book of Boba Fett was sold on the idea of Boba becoming the Don Corleone of Tattooine and he instead wound up becoming the Joe Biden of certain neighborhoods of Mos Espa, at best.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The flashback scenes are amazing and some day I'll ditch them all together to make them perfect Fett film.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yeah, everything with the Tuskens was really good

Just...ya know, shame about the other 85% of the show

(The twi'lek bar lady was also a lot of fun, but...well, she's in the other 85% of the show, so that doesn't end well either)

'Wasted potential' is the name of the show

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

nine-gear crow posted:

Paz Vizla, son of Pre Vizla from The Clone Wars and voiced by Jon Faverau himself (both Vizlas).

Now meet his son Post Vizla, and their cousin Imperative Vizla.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Basically The Book of Boba Fett was sold on the idea of Boba becoming the Don Corleone of Tattooine and he instead wound up becoming the Joe Biden of certain neighborhoods of Mos Espa, at best.
"Haaaaaaaaan Solo was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad duuuuuuuuuuuude."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Xenomrph posted:

The best part was Hasbro (the toy company) did a huge crowdfunded 3.75” scale Razor Crest toy that cost hundreds of dollars and then it shipped just before it got blown the gently caress up in the show.

lol? :confuoot:

Eh, they still sell action figures of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Han Solo and they're all dead. You can get a Lego death star and that got blown to smithereens.

All of the objects and personages depicted are from a distant galaxy long ago and likely destroyed or dead by now.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Owlbear Camus posted:

Eh, they still sell action figures of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Han Solo and they're all dead. You can get a Lego death star and that got blown to smithereens.

All of the objects and personages depicted are from a distant galaxy long ago and likely destroyed or dead by now.

R2 is still alive though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should make a Star Wars where the opening crawl goes "In a Galaxy Far Far Away... RIGHT NOW"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vinylshadow posted:

Yeah, everything with the Tuskens was really good

Just...ya know, shame about the other 85% of the show

(The twi'lek bar lady was also a lot of fun, but...well, she's in the other 85% of the show, so that doesn't end well either)

Not an empty quote.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Stegosnaurlax posted:

R2 is still alive though.

They will never kill R2 or 3PO. Same with Chewie unless he gets one hell of a send off.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They should make a Star Wars where the opening crawl goes "In a Galaxy Far Far Away... RIGHT NOW"

Disney execs popping wood at a MCU/SW crossover.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

mdemone posted:

They will never kill R2 or 3PO. Same with Chewie unless he gets one hell of a send off.

They dropped a moon on him, i doubt they'll out metal that ending.

Ratjaculation posted:

I'd be front and center to see Magneto get his comeuppance by the jedi "Yeah dickhead we can do that too, but with everything"

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 10, 2024

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Stegosnaurlax posted:

They dropped a moon on him, i doubt they'll out metal that ending.

If they do that in one of the feature films, I will accept it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

One Way Out still god-tier tv

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TPM is getting a theatrical re-release in May for its 25th anniversary

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-the-phantom-menace-to-return-to-theaters-this-may-for-its-25th-anniversary

Doesn't all of that late 90s CGI look like garbage now? The last time I saw a clip from one of the big fight scenes near the end I remember it looking like trash.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I remember the Windows XP-esque bare green hills battlefield looking utterly poo poo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That wasn't a cg background, those were literally just hills on earth that they filmed at

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Earth's render farms suck

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I would assume TPM is the only prequel movie that would look good on a modern cinema screen since it was actually shot on film and not on an early-2000s digital camera.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hell, I’d go see it just for the opening, the podrace, and the end duel.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

stev posted:

I would assume TPM is the only prequel movie that would look good on a modern cinema screen since it was actually shot on film and not on an early-2000s digital camera.

Yeah this was my impression last time I watched through the prequels. I don't think it's entirely the cameras to blame though, it's more that they were still generally using sets instead of greenscreening everything they possibly could. The digital stuff is mostly in the backgrounds and out the windows.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Book of Boba Fett has some good stuff in it but half of that doesn't involve Boba at all and none of it involves the nominal main plot of him becoming a crime lord.

Still better than Kenobi.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ratjaculation posted:

I was fairly certain this was where Ahsoka was heading

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should make a Star war that is a final fantasy seven, where Darth Vader is Sephiroth and Cloud is like a regular Naboo trooper who idolized some Jedi who managed to barely survive an encounter with Vader and the empire did experiments on him and the Jedi and they escaped and then the Jedi was killed by clone troopers and gave Cloud his lightsaber (and it's a fuckin huge buster sword of a lightsaber) and Cloud's memories are all hosed up and he thinks he's that Jedi and he helps some rebel cell do some terrorism in Coruscant. And Darth Vader's father is actually Jenova that palpatine discovered in the outer rim

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

"Steal from one of the japanese franchises that has at various points been a better star wars than star wars" is a perfectly fair suggestion but unlikely to be taken. I don't think anybody there besides gilroy has the courage to make a star wars that reflects anything but star wars- not even one that reflects marvel

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I think in the steam thread someone posted all the final fantasy plots as if they were star wars and they all mapped pretty well

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Next you're gonna tell me the final fantasy characters Biggs and wedge are star wars references

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Vinylshadow posted:

I really liked her character and she would have been perfect as Fett's major domo.

But instead they fridged her.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I really liked her character and she would have been perfect as Fett's major domo.

But instead they fridged her.

I remember when everyone in the thread thought she was actually the one running Mos Espa and was the real power behind everything because of all the prominent focus they were putting on her and then lol they blew her up with an ice cream bucket out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If the writers and showrunners were competent, I would say it was a brilliant bit of misdirection.

However,