Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Sep. 10, 1961)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

The end! More Dr. Hormone next issue, maybe!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Retail never fails to hit where it hurts regarding tragic realism. :sigh:

Valiant too. Foster reminding us of timeless wisdom: if you like somebody then ask them out!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (September 14, 1940)

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

Weird little synchronicity today.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, January 4-10, 1984
WINTER 1984: What Have We Done?

Notes 10 & 11:

quote:

Proletariat, Bourgeois
Common language of the Soviet Union meaning the working class vs the wealthy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Something I recently learned existed:

"The kitten heel is a low heel shoe most women know well. They helped you to get used to walking in heels when you were still young, and they're great for avoiding blisters on days where you want to avoid unnecessary aches."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is a neat little window into how much things have changed. Stamps went up 3 cents in 1981, so if you wanted to use your old stamps, you had to also use a 3 cent one to meet the price. They didn't introduce forever stamps (stamps that are just good for letters no matter when you bought them) until 2007. People mailed a lot of stuff so it was a big deal back then, and obviously the joke is the rate in the 50s was 3 cents total for a letter.

Personally, I have a quarterly water bill that you have to pay like $5 to pay online so I mail a check. That is literally the only time I use stamps or checks, and if it weren't for that one thing, I never would.

Anyways, long story short: I'm old.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Mexikid is amazing
This x 1000

F MInus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"Boy am I glad there's no danger of me finding out now that she's not my biological daughter!"

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 9/13/59

I am the all-seeing TV eyes.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"Boy am I glad there's no danger of me finding out now that she's not my biological daughter!"

I suppose the good end of this plot is that he gets the results from the test and throws it away unread because he recognizes that family is more than DNA, etc.

The bad ending is that he finds out she isn't his daughter, and we get six more months of this miserable story.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

BRIAN BLESSED can whisper to great effect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP11L9jRW94

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Selachian posted:

Stephen Collins

We really should celebrate Fluffy Bastard Day.

Hold on. Googling things I can put on pancakes besides syrup because those fluffy bastards sound kind of good right now

Luann

So she wrote fan fiction about Bernice watching her pee? Sounds normal.

Gil Thorp

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Selachian posted:

ALL SEEING TV EYES has quite a ring to it.

:munch:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kammat posted:

Oh my god :allears:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

So she wrote fan fiction about Bernice watching her pee? Sounds normal.

It's wild that her story begins in media res with her peeing in an area with loads of foot traffic, and it's never addressed again. Seems like the events leading up to that would be more interesting than siblings calling each other poopy heads or whatever. And is it supposed to be an essay or a story? Because those are two different things

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Loving the power of Flash Gordon to put us in the set up for Flash Gordon in Chronicles of Riddick and then absolutely steal our attention away to a cool diplomatic murder mystery!

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Nobody else said it yet so WOW what a stinger. :bravo:

Kammat posted:

Brian Blessed named exactly what he is. :3:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I admit I don't know anything about how hospitals are run, but I would have thought a patient would have some say in what visitors are allowed in to see him. "Well, let him throw them out himself when they arrive, oops, he physically can't, haha" seems a tad unprofessional.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mister Kingdom posted:

Something I recently learned existed:

"The kitten heel is a low heel shoe most women know well. They helped you to get used to walking in heels when you were still young, and they're great for avoiding blisters on days where you want to avoid unnecessary aches."

Cowboy boots have more heel than your average kitten heel.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I probably wouldn't sit down to chat right next to the pee spot but then I'm not six years old

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

It's wild that her story begins in media res with her peeing in an area with loads of foot traffic, and it's never addressed again. Seems like the events leading up to that would be more interesting than siblings calling each other poopy heads or whatever. And is it supposed to be an essay or a story? Because those are two different things

The prompt in Luann's college-level writing class was "The first time I ever..." So yeah, more story than essay. There's not even a need for what she's writing to be strictly true, since she lied her rear end off in the skydiving story and that was fine. The random old lady they found to teach the class certainly isn't going to be doing any fact checking. Bernice just loves to find fault.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
Dustin's everyday horrors are a tough job market, low wages, and a family that undermines him at every turn. His dad's horrors are poorly-named cup sizes and too many forks at a nice restaurant.

Pluggers

I wouldn't have thought Pluggers would be the comic to portray somewhat realistic phone-holding hands, but here we are.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

:stonk:

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Wallace rocks

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Mexikid has been such a delight but also man, makes me both nostalgic and sad about KMart

I also remember liking KMart, of the stores to be dragged along to, and getting lunch at the little place some of them had in it. But my primary memories of KMart wind up being the ones where they were like, decaying. There was this one KMart that closed like 3 separate times, it was so depressing how dirty and empty and disarrayed it was and still selling some ridiculously old merchandise (loads of casette tapes, various out of print random toys, games from like the GBA era well after the GBA was dead....)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Sep. 10, 1961)

Taloon is just going to keep riding til she finds a place where men arent idiots.

Some say she's still riding to this day.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 5/1-3/52

Archie 7/11-13/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 1/23/77

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Selachian posted:

Archie 7/11-13/49

No one wants to work!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I can't get enough of Archie's Dad getting owned, his design is so good and comedic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doomykins posted:

I can't get enough of Archie's Dad getting owned, his design is so good and comedic.

They did a very accurate job casting him in Riverdale!

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (March 12-14, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (March 13, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (May 22-24, 1922)

Dok's Dippy News From Nowhere (February 3, 1915)

Little Lefty (October 23-25, 1939)

And Marmy's still camping out in the masthead.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

WHERE'S THE PEAR

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Selachian posted:

Archie 7/11-13/49

According to Google, $1 in 1949 is about $12.89 today. So Jughead's making above the minimum wage in 34 states, and Archie's above it in 21 states.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Endless Mike posted:

RIP Jungle Boy's dad.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Selachian posted:

Rosey the Robot it ain't.
... Infrared gas? The hell is that? Like wouldn't it be one or the other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zereth posted:

... Infrared gas? The hell is that? Like wouldn't it be one or the other?

https://www.amazon.com/GASPRO-Infrared-Dustproof-Stainless-Certified/dp/B0836CBZN1