Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

biden being exonerated from holding classified docs is going to hurt him more than trump being caught with classified docs in some random rear end bathroom that anyone could access. thank you mainstream media. thank you capitalism.

also lol that bret stephens still has a job at nytimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

but, we're not at war with russia...so why would we want a peace agreement...?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

biden being exonerated from holding classified docs is going to hurt him more than trump being caught with classified docs in some random rear end bathroom that anyone could access. thank you mainstream media. thank you capitalism.

also lol that bret stephens still has a job at nytimes.

Yeah, even though this makes sense and is logical, the general American public isn't going to see it that way. Your average person sees Biden getting off the hook, so why did Trump do anything wrong after all? Even though the actual context of both cases are completely different.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Weird how the only ideas for peace they seem to be able to come up with is to just give Russia everything it wants. I mean technically that would qualify I guess

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Froghammer posted:

Romney is so completely out of touch with regular human beings that he thinks "Pierre Delecto" is a perfectly cromulent name and is in no way a pseudonym.

Reminds me Richard Boggs, who could have chosen literally anything as an assumed identity while he was on the run and chose "Wolfgang Von Snowden"

Ford Prefect

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Data Graham posted:

Ford Prefect

I once created the name Foil Braggadocio, which I regret to this day. I think he would be a good lover for Pierre Delecto.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Oh this Super Bowl ad for sure going to piss off MAGA

1. References Taylor Swift effect on NFL
2. Features a black daughter and white dad
3. Ad is directed to Females

https://youtu.be/XhybTrAJqK8?si=TNEfk-Bbv0IYb3gx

They seemed to emphasize the bracelets the dad was wearing towards the end. Do those have some significance I'm not aware of?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TheKub posted:

They seemed to emphasize the bracelets the dad was wearing towards the end. Do those have some significance I'm not aware of?

It’s a Swiftie thing. They make and trade friendship bracelets at events.

https://www.today.com/today/amp/rcna99768

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

*breathlessly runs into thread*

Are we still doing name chat?! My favorite will always be an assistant coach for the Detroit Lions named Jim Bob Cooter.

Yes I know, football names are cheating.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

*breathlessly runs into thread*

Are we still doing name chat?! My favorite will always be an assistant coach for the Detroit Lions named Jim Bob Cooter.

Yes I know, football names are cheating.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Escape From Noise posted:

All I got was in high school there was a TA kinda guy named Christian Blood. He was alright as far as I remember.
I had a TA called Richard Head, the poor bastard.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
My dad worked with a guy named Gilbert "Gil" Gilbert Gilbert. His dad and son were also named Gilbert Gilbert Gilbert. He said if he had a daughter, she'd have been named "Gilberta."

Naming traditions are dumb.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Crystal Shanda Leer is the oddest I've ever heard of, and there's also L_A.

It's pronounced "La Dasha"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
honest to god "phuk yu". honest to god.
just this gigantic rear end grin showing me his id with matching gigantic rear end grin

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I went to school with a guy whose last name was Senior and he often joked about if he had a son naming him after himself so the kid would be "[Name] Senior, Junior".

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

A Florida man was sentenced today on a felony charge related to his conduct during the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. His actions and the actions of others disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress convened to ascertain and count the electoral votes related to the 2020 presidential election.

Steven Miles, 40, of Zephyrhills, Florida, was sentenced to 24 months in prison, 12 months of supervised release, and ordered to pay $2,000 in restitution by U.S. District Judge Jia M. Cobb. Miles pleaded guilty to a felony charge of assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain law enforcement officer on Oct. 19, 2023.

According to court documents, Miles, a member of the Proud Boys and adult film actor, traveled from his home near Tampa to Washington, D.C., to contest the 2020 presidential election.

He and other members of the Proud Boys left the rally site long before the speeches began, walked to the West Front of the Capitol, and played a leading role in escalating the riot.

As the group of Proud Boys including Miles marched to the Capitol, they chanted “USA!,” “Where’s Antifa”, and “Whose Capitol? Our Capitol!”

Wearing a desert-camouflaged jacket and jungle camo pants, Miles breached the Capitol’s restricted perimeter and confronted U.S. Capitol Police officers in riot gear who had formed a defensive line to protect the building.

The confrontation between the mob and the police quickly escalated to a physical fight, during which Miles shoved and attempted to punch an officer, all in an effort to break through the line.

In addition to attempting to assault the officer, Miles made additional physical contact with law enforcement officers, seeking to obstruct, impede, and interfere with their efforts to hold back the rioters. Eventually, the mob succeeded in breaching the police line at another point, and Miles rushed to take advantage.

At about 2:10 p.m., Miles ascended an exterior staircase to reach the Upper West Terrace. At 2:13 p.m., Miles used a wooden plank to help smash a window of the Senate Wing Door, opening up another breach point for the rioters to invade the building.

Miles entered the Capitol through the broken window, and. a cascade of other rioters followed, taking advantage of the smashed window to enter the Capitol as well; the sheer number of rioters outside and inside the building overwhelmed law enforcement officers.

After entering the Capitol building, Miles turned toward the Senate, where he ran into another group of police officers who directed him out of the building three minutes after he had broken into it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Really could have just added “/Florida Man” at the end of the headline to really run it home.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Seems like those checks be clearin'

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Crystal Shanda Leer is the oddest I've ever heard of, and there's also L_A.

Pretty sure that's just from a racist fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
every time i start to imagine i might be smart or have a crumb of sophistication i think of that women saying "deedee megadoodoo" and i snort my sinuses in two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-DQKVacG4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Almost as if Tucker went there to platform propaganda rather than do actual journalism

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023

there's also L_A.

Man shut the gently caress up with that email forward poo poo circa 1997

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Small Strange Bird posted:

I had a TA called Richard Head, the poor bastard.

https://medium.com/coker-college-commentary/faculty-spotlight-richard-puffer-553ab27fc645

Faculty Spotlight: Richard Puffer

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mobby_6kl posted:

Almost as if Tucker went there to platform propaganda rather than do actual journalism

Not really relevant here as Putin explicitly said no peace until surrender. Like he didn’t fluff up his motives he was pretty blunt

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Only a failed country would let somebody called Tommy Tatertown hold a position of authority

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

edit :cawg:

Pot Smoke Phoenix is a pretty good poster

but cmon man that’s down at the bottom of the barrel with LeMonjelo and Oranjello jokes

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
listen...listen...listen...is godzilla really flying the trans flag?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

InsertPotPun posted:

listen...listen...listen...is godzilla really flying the trans flag?

SKREEONK

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Kevyn posted:

Also, I went to high school with a dude named Harley Davidson. That’s pretty cool

Did he ever tell a story about teaming up with a cowboy to fight guys in bulletproof longcoats?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
How many more times are really lovely conservative governments going to try that before they realize someone will troll them every time?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
We'll stop invading Ukraine once you stop giving Ukraine military aid

Smoothest brain in the House

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

post itt every time you lol that the usa should be "stupid" no longer!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

post itt every time you lol that the usa should be "stupid" no longer!

Hi I'm Trumpamir Putin, and this is Jackass

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

credburn posted:

Pretty sure that's just from a racist fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:

Peter Falk posted:

Man shut the gently caress up with that email forward poo poo circa 1997

I learned something today, and I thank you for correcting me- I was not aware it was a racist thing, I thought for sure it was a real thing that happened.

Apologies to the thread.

Hazo posted:

edit :cawg:

Pot Smoke Phoenix is a pretty good poster

but cmon man that’s down at the bottom of the barrel with LeMonjelo and Oranjello jokes

:love:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

^^^ :hfive: there are worse ways to find out the provenance of that joke than on a dumb Internet forum that’s old enough to drink

The former drug mule and virulently homophobic born-again Christian white blond girl has opinions on what makes other girls attractive to her

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 10, 2024

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

I learned something today, and I thank you for correcting me- I was not aware it was a racist thing, I thought for sure it was a real thing that happened.

Apologies to the thread.

:love:

I worked with a Mathilda who signed everything 'M~'. Use that one instead.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
m'odesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Hazo posted:

The former drug mule and virulently homophobic born-again Christian white blond girl has opinions on what makes other girls attractive to her

why the hell did it put some native american regalia on her