Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Animal-Mother posted:

Experimental libertarian town immediately overrun by bears.

i lived very near there. my dogs knew it was time to go outside to go to the bathroom when i racked my shotgun lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Clinton and Huma clearly loving

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

rachel ray romano posted:

Sanders supporters who were surprised when he endorsed Biden/their emails ended-up on DNC lists/etc. Like, c'mon, what did you think was gonna happen?

I toxxed for Bernie. Morherfucker owes me at least :10bux:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zerg Mans posted:

Clinton and Huma clearly loving

Huma's husband Anthony Weiner trying to run for office again and a Clinton proxy tv interviewer asking him, "What is wrong with you?"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

I toxxed for Bernie. Morherfucker owes me at least :10bux:

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Animal-Mother posted:

Experimental libertarian town immediately overrun by bears.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

just lol at being able to afford a house, 3 kids and an alcoholic’s amount of beer on a $360 paycheck

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Large Testicles posted:

just lol at being able to afford a house, 3 kids and an alcoholic’s amount of beer on a $360 paycheck

~$24000/yr if I did the math right. Which seems pretty unbelievable even for 1994

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

looks like $12/hour, $24,960/year

inflation calculator says $52K/year in 2023 dollars

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

wait that episode aired in 1996 so it's about $49K/year in 2023 dollars

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
median home price in 1996 was $140K, and average 30-year fixed rate mortgage interest was 7.81%, which would work out to $1009 monthly payment. though springfield is a smaller town so home prices likely cheaper than median and homer has a stable union job so probably would get slightly better interest rates since he's a low-risk investment by the bank.

also, a lot of older union contracts mandated a 2 week pay worth christmas bonus, so give his annual income an extra $960

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Show runners have said on multiple occasions they had no idea how much money Homer should have been making and every time an amount was given it was far below what would have been necessary

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I thought the house was a gift from his dad

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

~$24000/yr if I did the math right. Which seems pretty unbelievable even for 1994

I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder!

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

The former mayor of Geelong had ab implants and looked like a Double Dragon end level boss.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Redezga posted:

The former mayor of Geelong had ab implants and looked like a Double Dragon end level boss.

Nah this guy is a recurring enemy in final fight called m. basher or something and he gets a few palette swaps down the line

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Redezga posted:

karnov lookin mf

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Redezga posted:

MFer walked right out of a Yakuza substory

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Sujimon snagged!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Menacing Man

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

WampaLord posted:

MFer walked right out of a Yakuza substory

needs the rear end in a top hat text over top

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

i lived very near there. my dogs knew it was time to go outside to go to the bathroom when i racked my shotgun lmao

Wouldn't a shotgun mostly make a bear real angry? Or did you have slugs in it?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

3D Megadoodoo posted:

makes em bald

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lumpentroll posted:

makes em bald
Yeah this is what bears look like bald:

Don't think anyone wants that. Especially bears. :(

Now a bear with a Mohawk, everyone wants that! Especially bears! :dance:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

dr_rat posted:

Now a bear with a Mohawk, everyone wants that!

text me

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

12-gauge 00 buckshot goes through a steel plate at close range, so no, it kills the bear very dead as long as you hit something vital

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

12-gauge 00 buckshot goes through a steel plate at close range, so no, it kills the bear very dead as long as you hit something vital

Ah so it just makes them very angry.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
for a short while

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

it makes a really big noise, first and foremost, and might buy some time. but yeah, slugs will kill a black bear dead. they're like 300 pounds on average, so it'd be like shooting an american man

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NsrwH9I9vE&t=83s

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

it makes a really big noise, first and foremost, and might buy some time. but yeah, slugs will kill a black bear dead. they're like 300 pounds on average, so it'd be like shooting an american man

When I was in Glaciar a few years ago the rangers used shotguns to scare the grizzleys back from the roads, not sure if it worked or they were just having fun but there were a lot of booms

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Eric Adams j/o crystals beneath New York

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A fan of Zangief, I take it?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Michelle Rhee

like how she was seen as the education messiah and how she was just doing old fashioned austerity, mass firings, and means testing but it was REFORM and SMART and GUTSY

I guess Betsy DeVos outshined her in embracing pure destruction and open malice, but still

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It's the most american form of entertainment ever devised

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

When I was in Glaciar a few years ago the rangers used shotguns to scare the grizzleys back from the roads, not sure if it worked or they were just having fun but there were a lot of booms

they make a real loud noise, which bears do not like. bears, much like people, also do not like to be shot with a gun so if you hit them at all and they have a way to escape they will. the only time a bear will attack you is if they feel like they have no escape other than through you, or if you're between a bear and her cubs

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

they make a real loud noise, which bears do not like. bears, much like people, also do not like to be shot with a gun so if you hit them at all and they have a way to escape they will. the only time a bear will attack you is if they feel like they have no escape other than through you, or if you're between a bear and her cubs

or they just got up from hibernation and are hungry

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Or the bear just thinks you look like a real rear end in a top hat who just needs to get got.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I might be talking out of my rear end here, but when there is a good possibility of encountering bears, it behooves one to prepare for the worst-case scenario of such an encounter. "Only attacks if you're between it and its cubs" yeah OK well I don't have a "are you between a bear and its cubs" radar so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I might be talking out of my rear end here, but when there is a good possibility of encountering bears, it behooves one to prepare for the worst-case scenario of such an encounter. "Only attacks if you're between it and its cubs" yeah OK well I don't have a "are you between a bear and its cubs" radar so...

skill issue