Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Having the young kid cop say "welcome to Night Country, bitch" before blasting the ice demon with a pump action was NOT a direction I expected this season to take, but I'm strapped in and here for it :stare:

uh spoiler alert!! I haven't seen eppie 4 yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

They shot Jodie foster?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

that didn't happen

did it?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Worf posted:

They shot Jodie foster?

Hinckley out for revenge?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Jodie foster shot the thing guys

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think 5 episodes in was far too long to wait for things to happen. It was a good episode, though!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Autechresaint posted:

Hinckley out for revenge?

When you think about it, this whole situation is kind of his fault.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

huh posted:

I think 5 episodes in was far too long to wait for things to happen. It was a good episode, though!

This is more or less how I felt about that Picard TV show, except it was two seasons of that

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just started eppie 4
Didn't realize Phil was in this show

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

aye some stuff happened but i a just don't give a poo poo. dang

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anybody else see Elvira in the cop patch

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Anybody else see Elvira in the cop patch

No

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

We're all in the Night Country now :twisted:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I meant the Bride of Frankenstein, my bad

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Smugworth posted:

We're all in the Night Country now
More like No Thank You Country

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

I meant the Bride of Frankenstein, my bad

Oh yeah, I can kinda see that

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

“Up here, phones only work in Dark Mode.”

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
>80% done the season and we haven't even been to Night Country yet, typical.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I really wanted to like this but it just got worse and worse.

If you make a season of True Detective where no detective work happens, and you have the obvious villains on screen, plotting their next villainous deed then you might have hosed up. This feels like a cheap Brit cop show (and looks like it too when the colour grading fails to mask the cheapness of the interior shots).

The magic ingredient of s1 and 3 was the meditative journey the characters took towards acceptance of their own circumstances. Not spooky ghosts or dysfunction. The fact that they thought they could tell this story in 6 eps alone shows they had no grasp of the source material.

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 16, 2024

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Aww man I hate British police procedurals. I mean, not as much as I hate season 4 of True Detective, but I just fail to vibe with them.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the final ep they finally get to night country but it turns out to be Knight Country instead and there's a bunch of people in armor on horses riding around alaska

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mozi posted:

the final ep they finally get to night country but it turns out to be Knight Country instead and there's a bunch of people in armor on horses riding around alaska

The wild native horses of Alaska, thank you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this series loving sucks

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Foyles war is probably better than this tho

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

"I'm not a killer..."

immediately kills a person

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Spermanent Record posted:

I really wanted to like this but it just got worse and worse.

If you make a season of True Detective where no detective work happens, and you have the obvious villains on screen, plotting their next villainous deed then you might have hosed up. This feels like a cheap Brit cop show (and looks like it too when the colour grading fails to mask the cheapness of the interior shots).

The magic ingredient of s1 and 3 was the meditative journey the characters took towards acceptance of their own circumstances. Not spooky ghosts or dysfunction. The fact that they thought they could tell this story in 6 eps alone shows they had no grasp of the source material.

Actually there's been a lot of Detective work. Pete's just been magically doing it all, offscreen.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

titty_baby_ posted:

"I'm not a killer..."

immediately kills a person

lol

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
ive been watching this show with my good friend who lives 3000 miles away and we are both bummed that it sucks because its our only time to "hang out"

what should we watch when its done (yeah we'll finish it why not at this point)? season 3?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bus hustler posted:

ive been watching this show with my good friend who lives 3000 miles away and we are both bummed that it sucks because its our only time to "hang out"

what should we watch when its done (yeah we'll finish it why not at this point)? season 3?

Yeah season three is already good and will seem even better compared to this shitbowl.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah season three is already good and will seem even better compared to this shitbowl.

season four looks like it will be judged greater than season three, but less than season one

So the final judgement will probably be one > four > three > two

Sorry season two simps :smugdog:

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
S2 owns over this.

idk who thought a ex-fighter with CTE would be strong enough to carry a season, or how to make a murder mystery that takes no interest in the mystery, but that ending of ep5 is the worst.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Season three is better in some ways than season one, never understood the hate it gets. It’s extremely well done, especially in contrast to poo country.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I haven't seen S2, but 3 is waaaaay better than this one. I know some people thought the ending was underwhelming, but I enjoyed the season and it wasn't incredibly stupid like this one's been.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 17, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Smugworth posted:

season four looks like it will be judged greater than season three, but less than season one

So the final judgement will probably be one > four > three > two

Sorry season two simps :smugdog:

dumbass

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
:nws:

2 forced creampies in as little as 2 episodes, what a show

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
ok this poo poo sucks hahaha

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

20 Blunts posted:

ok this poo poo sucks hahaha

truth detected

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
i am the (yasss) night queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

did the forced creampie thing really happen