Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
oh wait Yang didn’t even get a real death penalty. Don’t be the boy who cried Naomi wolf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Going to a New Year’s party this weekend- the host is the child of immigrants from China.

I cannot decide between bringing decent baijiu or a bunch of Red Star.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

tsingtao is real hot now. i’d go with that if you want to make an impression

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tsingtao is the only decent beer in China because the brewery was founded by Germans.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Uyghur beer is better for a generic lager, I forget the name. The Tsingtao hefeweizen was pretty good though.

I've also heard getting a bag of Tsingtao at the original brewery is much different and better.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
This is in the US, and I specifically want to bring baijiu because I have a love-hate thing with it. In the last thread I think I said I still had diarrhea from baijiu I drank seven years earlier.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

yeah the unfiltered beer at the tsingtao brewery is p decent. their other beers are alright but mostly because they're dirt cheap (also i love getting big plastic bags of beer in china, it's like a superior version of canadian milk)

sadly craft beer in china is still a pain in the rear end to get because of minimum production requirements, though i did find some good foreign beers at random coffeeshops??? like a few nice pohjala stouts in wuhan

the south korean beer scene is much more interesting nowadays, idk about taiwan (hong kong is also cool and good)

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

vanity slug posted:

yeah the unfiltered beer at the tsingtao brewery is p decent

:smuggo:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

If you drink american lager you have nothing to stand on about piss in beer

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I would bring umeshu because it actually tastes good and plum blossoms are the first sign of spring.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

TrashMammal posted:

tsingtao is real hot now. i’d go with that if you want to make an impression

What’s up with that anyway, I’ve been seeing big Tsingtao displays at Whole Foods and Costco lately. Lucky Buddha is the most fun due to the bottle but if I’m going to drink Chinese piss beer I am partial to Yanjing.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

thetoughestbean posted:

Are there tankie equivalents in China? People who irrationally side against China in every conflict? Churchill did nothing wrong, etc?

In slang:
Jing mei - wannabe American
Jing Ying - wannabe English
Jing Ri - Wapanese
Etc etc.

I think the Jing is 静, but don't quote me.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
Also:

Shin knee and Chrysler (新年快乐)

chúc mừng năm mới! (Same but Tet)

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

Mons Hubris posted:

What’s up with that anyway, I’ve been seeing big Tsingtao displays at Whole Foods and Costco lately. Lucky Buddha is the most fun due to the bottle but if I’m going to drink Chinese piss beer I am partial to Yanjing.

tsingtao takes its status as chinese piss beer extremely literally

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

yugioh mishima posted:

tsingtao takes its status as chinese piss beer extremely literally

Oh God lmao I forgot about the piss incident

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Tsingtau with piss in it is less piss than other beers and it is all regrettable

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Snow beer is so much worst tho.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Snow is so bad it makes you wish you were drinking baijiu

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

put a shot of baijiu in your snow and it'll be good

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
man this chinese new year the family gatherings are gonna get HOT, between the stock market and football i dunno if there's enough alcohol in the world!!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Just swingin' in a page late to say : "Thants"

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Darkest Auer posted:

Snow is so bad it makes you wish you were drinking baijiu

Snow is the semi-flavoured water I drank when I had to drink baijiu and needed something to flush my mouth without it being flavourless and also needing to be nominally alcoholic so I wasn’t bullied by the other businessmen.

E: to be clear, I wasn’t given any other choice of beer

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

This is what an $850 box of fireworks for home use will get you these days in China (along with copious amounts of face from the other pyros shooting off firecrackers in the street)

https://twitter.com/yuashwe/status/1756331658494832865

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lmao that thing sounds like a loving grad barrage

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

That owns. I didn't know you could just buy a whole fireworks show in a box like that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Porfiriato posted:

This is what an $850 box of fireworks for home use will get you these days in China (along with copious amounts of face from the other pyros shooting off firecrackers in the street)

Haha god drat

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
That was incredible!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

Brb gonna make the V-22 Osprey the next hot toy for the mega rich

:dudsmile:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Porfiriato posted:

[url]https://twitter.com/yuashwe/status/1756331658494832865[url]

Way too used to the OSHA thread and expecting some disaster (especially with folks leaning over it in the beginning). Was very pleasantly surprised.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

lol such Karens

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
The team said that Messi was recovering from an injury and advised not to play. He was there, he was just kept on the bench. If that's true then of course you wouldn't endanger one of the most valuable athletes in the world for an exhibition match.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Porfiriato posted:

That was awesome.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just ate 28 dumplings.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Porfiriato posted:

holy poo poo they got the good stuff! the echos off the buildings sounded awesome too

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just ate 28 dumplings.

envious

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

eat 100 and we'll talk

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

MarcusSA posted:

Haha god drat

Money well spent imo.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

The team said that Messi was recovering from an injury and advised not to play. He was there, he was just kept on the bench. If that's true then of course you wouldn't endanger one of the most valuable athletes in the world for an exhibition match.

Entirely obvious to any sane person.

B, b, but he played in Tokyo three days later so it must be racist etc.

*yawn*

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

The match organizer is like losing funding or something because of it lmao

Every single thing is a slight, there could be no other explanation.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I like how everyone else setting off fireworks nearby stopped to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it's like when someone gets ready to deadlift 900lbs in the gym