Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah, I got the latest edition a few weeks ago in the same shoulder as the flu shot and I barely felt it the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

My vaccine reactions have never been more than a slightly sore arm...up until Octoberish last year when I got both the covid and flu vaccine. I woke up about 1am feeling incredibly cold and could barely stumble my way to the closet for another blanket. Spent a couple hours violently, full body, shivering and felt not great the next day. Still a vastly better experience than the time I actually got the flu and probably better than getting covid but I've yet to have that so idk.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Spotted a white Saab 900 in the wild last night, I've been furloughed (working 2-3 days a week) so I was out walking when it was -16 (it's nice weather to walk in) and a white 900 drives past on the road, later I spot it at the employee parking at the local supermarket. So somebody local owns a white pre-facelift 900 and use it for daily driving. Just makes me feel all warm inside.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Powershift posted:

When i had the BMW i had low profile tires and lost 3 tires and bent 1 rim all within like 6 months.

I'm a sidewall guy now.

E28 has low profile tires and I hate it, the ride is terrible and our potholes are really bad after the unusual snow/ice the other week. Hit a pothole so hard on the interstate the car wasn't running on all cylinders for 30-45 seconds.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Darchangel posted:

Finally ordered a jet kit for the Weber 32/36 DGEV on the AE86, since I was already ordering a phenolic spacer to hopefully help with the dieseling presumably cause by it being directly coupled to the exhaust manifold (non-crossflow engine, and the factory manifolds are literally joined, for quick warm up/atomization?)
I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's so damned rich it gets worse gas mileage than my V8 living room on wheels (Crown Vic.)

I guess I get to learn to read plugs, or buy a wideband O2?

There's whole books on tuning since you have idle/main/emulsion/Venturi options and they are all interdependent. You'll definitely need a wideband O2 setup and not run any secondary air injection systems when tuning. Someone makes a $$$ drop-in TBI unit in the same dimensions as a DGEV in case you tire of it.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

DJ Commie posted:

There's whole books on tuning since you have idle/main/emulsion/Venturi options and they are all interdependent. You'll definitely need a wideband O2 setup and not run any secondary air injection systems when tuning. Someone makes a $$$ drop-in TBI unit in the same dimensions as a DGEV in case you tire of it.

Once you get to more than $100, probably should stop spending money on a 4AC and get a 4AGE to waste all your money on though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Advent Horizon posted:

I’ve heard good things about those knock-off carburetors, with one caveat - you should immediately take it apart to make sure no metal shavings are left inside.

If your Aisins are like the truck models they’re quite good carburetors, even as cheap copies. I forget, are the Webers mechanical or vacuum secondary?

Mechanical. It's pretty obvious driving the thing. That's how I know it's way to rich on the secondary, for example. Press the pedal past a certain point and it accelerates more slowly...

DJ Commie posted:

That up there is why I hate carburetors.
Option 1: take apart and mess up gaskets, replace various parts, test, repeat ad infinitum, smell like gasoline forever. Still doesn't run right if the weather changes.
Option 2: twiddle a knob or adjust a parameter with a laptop, mostly adjusts itself.

If I were keeping the car, option 2 would be worth the extra initial cost and effort. The '79 RX-7 is getting EFI, the '70 Cutlass will get EFI. I will happily spend $1200 for a Holley Sniper or whatever so it just works.

The RX-7 will be initially factory Mazda GSL-SE EFI to get it operational (since I have it) and then I'll switch to a MegaSquirt controlling the factory hardware. Probably go Holley or MSD or something on the Cutlass, but maybe another MegaSquirt.

That said, I think I already grabbed a PDF of a tuning manual. If not, I will. Summit has the AEM wideband gauge/controller kit for $180, and I live near the Texas distribution center. I've been meaning to pick up a wideband for years.
In theory, I shouldn't need to be messing with the emulsion tubes or venturis, just the jets, per what I've read so far. It runs OK, it could just run better and a lot more efficiently. It's not wildly rich - I haven't noticed any black smoke - but is stinky and terrible on mileage, even accounting for the incorrect spedo/odo (4.10 rear gears, but speedo is geared for 3.90.)
Also, today I learned a Holley 5200 is a licensed copy of the DGV, so there are Holley book on tuning the things. And also, this carb or one one of its variants was used stock or commonly aftermarket on just about every 4-cylinder in existence, so every vintage 4-banger (Datsun, Toyota, Opel...) forum has articles. Handy, I guess.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 8, 2024

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I thought you lived in the American southwest

Yeah, that's what he said.

blindjoe posted:

Once you get to more than $100, probably should stop spending money on a 4AC and get a 4AGE to waste all your money on though.

Oh, sure, you bet. Definitely prefer spending $thousands and hours of effort to spending $100.
I'd put a rotary in it before I spend time dealing with the 4AGE tax, never mind dealing with the small detail that 90% of 4AGEs are FWD and need a bunch of jankery to fit into a RWD chassis.
Hell, I'd put a GM 2.8L in there first. Or a 3.6. Or a Ford 3.9. Or a KA24. Whatever's newer, common, and in the junkyard, really.
Actually, an HO 2.8 would be kinda neat in something that light. I do have that friend with a bunch of Fieros...

edit: the 4AC made all of 80-something HP when new. This one is... far from new. 120HP from anything remotely modern and EFI would make it much more entertaining.
And yeah, really, I take your point. Spending money on the 4AC is a fool's errand.

NO. NOT KEEPING. RX-7 needs me!

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 8, 2024

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Got news today that my employer, stereotypical megacorp, is doing megacorp things and rolling out voluntary early retirement offers to our longest term (ie: most expensive) employees but only in the USA.

Please oh please bring it to :canada: as well.
I'd happily sign a ironclad non-compete clause in exchange for a hefty buy out and benefits for an extended period of time.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, that's what he said.

Oh, sure, you bet. Definitely prefer spending $thousands and hours of effort to spending $100.
I'd put a rotary in it before I spend time dealing with the 4AGE tax, never mind dealing with the small detail that 90% of 4AGEs are FWD and need a bunch of jankery to fit into a RWD chassis.
Hell, I'd put a GM 2.8L in there first. Or a 3.6. Or a Ford 3.9. Or a KA24. Whatever's newer, common, and in the junkyard, really.
Actually, an HO 2.8 would be kinda neat in something that light. I do have that friend with a bunch of Fieros...

edit: the 4AC made all of 80-something HP when new. This one is... far from new. 120HP from anything remotely modern and EFI would make it much more entertaining.
And yeah, really, I take your point. Spending money on the 4AC is a fool's errand.

NO. NOT KEEPING. RX-7 needs me!

Throw a rotary in the ae86

And then an 4age into the rx7! :smuggo:

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

slidebite posted:

Please oh please bring it to :canada: as well.
I'd happily sign a ironclad non-compete clause in exchange for a hefty buy out and benefits for an extended period of time.

My dad did some consulting work in Canada for a competitor to the company he retired from. He said Canadian law doesn’t consider non-competes worth the paper they’re printed on because “you’ve got to be able to make money to live by doing what you know”.

IANAL but you might check into that if they offer one.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You're generally correct, especially if you're laid off. But if it's a voluntary buy out like this, a well written one is likely to stand up as it will be contingent as part of the offer and compensation agreed to.

Either way they're pretty common regardless, being an American megacorp is pretty much a guarantee.

And I'm fine with that for something like this.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My mother in law was 69 years old (nice) when she took a buyout from AT&T. The pay out was based on years worked, and she'd worked there for over 40 years. She was gonna retire any day anyway but the payout was like $200k lmao so we were like "for gently caress's sake take the money and run" and she did

it's like a third of her retirement money, she was working for so long because of money worries and that basically made it so she could retire and keep her home. She was in a union so that's why there was this seniority structure to it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

IANAL but have spoken to a few about employment law.

My understanding is basically, in Canada, the courts as a rule of thumb (not always but generally) will value each year's service with 4 weeks of pay, *plus* any benefits/retirement saving contributions on top of that.. or something along those lines.

So generally speaking, a voluntary package will reflect *similar* numbers.

So yeah, a 30 year employee could get 30ish months of pay, plus potential benefits or $$ in lieu... Or combination. Or even just keep paying them monthly potentially for years.

It's funny how that's appealing to companies, but I suspect it's accounting wizardry as these people are still getting paid but aren't technically on the payroll as employees anymore, therefore looks better for investors!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it is very straightforward accounting wizardry: the company takes a one-time cash hit, on the books, as a cost of layoffs, and then doesn't have a forward-projected cost of paying those employees. Investors really love that poo poo, they're happy to eat a $100M dollar one-time cost to cut an <undisclosed amount> in payroll. For some loving reason.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That does makes sense, but in my company's case the way they've done this most recently (2019) was actually paying the employees that took the package every month like they were still on the clock.... for years in some cases

So. Yeah.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Careful telling people that or The Bobs might fix the glitch.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

slidebite posted:

That does makes sense, but in my company's case the way they've done this most recently (2019) was actually paying the employees that took the package every month like they were still on the clock.... for years in some cases

So. Yeah.

Yeah my mother in law had the option of lump sum, or monthly checks. We did the math and the monthlies were far better because spreading the payout over 2.5 years meant lower top marginal income tax for a significant chunk of the money.

But because it's a specific, known amount of money, the company doing it can finance the entire cost up front, they don't have to have it all in cash but they can put the entire liability on their books, write it off now, and then pay it out for however long.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Quick question, related to my project thread but I thought I'd get a faster response here.

I have a 2006 Sierra 3500 cab chassis model, with dual rear wheels.

The parking brake is non functional, and so far I've:

• Replaced the rear passenger side parking brake pads, and adjusted them by taking the rotor/drum combo off, and fiddling with the star wheel until the rotor/drum won't turn, then backing off slightly. It's all buttoned back up.

The driver's side is currently apart.

• Replaced the cables (intermediate from the pedal assembly, and to both rear wheels)

• I've done the the automatic pedal adjustment 'release' procedure, and got a few more inches of cable.

However, I'm still about 4-6" short, and have double checked that the new intermediate cable is the same length as the old one, and that the part #s are correct.

The new driver's side cable is about an inch shorter than the old one, had a slightly different end to attach to the lever that comes out the backing plate, and had mounting hangars/hardware that are completely wrong, but like I say the part #s check out.

What am I missing?

Captain McAllister fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 8, 2024

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Advent Horizon posted:

Careful telling people that or The Bobs might fix the glitch.
Then burn the building down?

Passed a cop doing well over 100mph today. My blood still runs cold when that happens, legal or not.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Galler posted:

My vaccine reactions have never been more than a slightly sore arm...up until Octoberish last year when I got both the covid and flu vaccine. I woke up about 1am feeling incredibly cold and could barely stumble my way to the closet for another blanket. Spent a couple hours violently, full body, shivering and felt not great the next day. Still a vastly better experience than the time I actually got the flu and probably better than getting covid but I've yet to have that so idk.

Coivd booster trip report - stiff arm, horrible metal taste in the mouth, feeling a bit tired. Otherwise, no issues.9/10,will get boosted again

I guess the covid / flu combo booster is just plainly going to hit a lot harder because your immune system is trying to deal with two seperate things at once? Anyway going ot just get the flu booster later as a solo.

Also agreed, while I didnt like the covid/ful shot the actual flu sucks sooooo much worse. Also I had a long recovery time much like long covid - and NOW they loving tell us that yes, the flu actually CAN give you lingering problems. Geee thanks for that now, why didnt the doctors know that 5 years ago, is it because it's only now long viral issues are front and centre and it's being paid attention to?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Coivd booster trip report - stiff arm, horrible metal taste in the mouth, feeling a bit tired. Otherwise, no issues.9/10,will get boosted again

I guess the covid / flu combo booster is just plainly going to hit a lot harder because your immune system is trying to deal with two seperate things at once? Anyway going ot just get the flu booster later as a solo.

Also agreed, while I didnt like the covid/ful shot the actual flu sucks sooooo much worse. Also I had a long recovery time much like long covid - and NOW they loving tell us that yes, the flu actually CAN give you lingering problems. Geee thanks for that now, why didnt the doctors know that 5 years ago, is it because it's only now long viral issues are front and centre and it's being paid attention to?

I got flu shot and covid shot at the same time too. Your mileage may vary.

But I'll take scientific medical protection over gambling anyday

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

Throw a rotary in the ae86

And then an 4age into the rx7! :smuggo:

I... uh... <cough> don't have a running rotary. Much less a 4AGE.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Darchangel posted:

In my part of the world, the answer is silvertop/blacktop/BEAMS swap, but a quick Google at how much importers are fleecing you guys for those, hahaha, yeah no. Local prices have gone up a bit as things get more thin on the ground, but certainly for a time you could find an entire running, driving but maybe not street legal donor for about what importers are trying to charge you for an engine and gearbox. Hell not long ago my sister upgraded her car and sold her BEAMS Altezza(IS200) for under US$3k and it was a complete, good condition (albeit automatic) car that was her road legal daily.

Buyout chat: Yeah even if they're paying now former employees out monthly, it's a fixed cost, probably applied to the balance sheet in a single year, and not an ongoing cost racking up further liabilities in terms of benefits and paid holiday time (I assume Canada is slightly better than the US with paid holiday time?).

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I did the booster a few months back shortly after they announced the updated one and needles/injections do not bother me but it did hurt the most out of them. Not sure why that is. I think I had some soreness for a couple days but nothing crazy. I don't recall a metallic taste that others seemed to have.

Nothing like the shingles vaccine though. It felt like I was taking a hit of bleach.

Agreed with better than the flu. People that say "Oh, the flu isn't bad" either forget how bad it can be or just had colds. A bad flu is really rough. You can see how people can literally die from it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

BuckyDoneGun posted:

In my part of the world, the answer is silvertop/blacktop/BEAMS swap, but a quick Google at how much importers are fleecing you guys for those, hahaha, yeah no. Local prices have gone up a bit as things get more thin on the ground, but certainly for a time you could find an entire running, driving but maybe not street legal donor for about what importers are trying to charge you for an engine and gearbox. Hell not long ago my sister upgraded her car and sold her BEAMS Altezza(IS200) for under US$3k and it was a complete, good condition (albeit automatic) car that was her road legal daily.

Yeah, for whatever reason the 4AGE and BEAMS engines are rare-ish here, and the ones we got were 99% FWD cars. I think the 4AGE was just Celicas (and only the performance models) and MR2s, and we didn't even get the BEAMS engine at all?

edit: for example, the only variant we got of the Altezza was the original, in the form of the Lexus IS300, 2JZ NA only.

edit again: according to Wikipedia, yeah, pretty much. LOL, apparently some Chevy Nova and Geo Prisms got a 4AGE, too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_engine#4A-GE_.2816-valve.29

One of the other 4A engines would be nice, except they're also all FWD, and almost all of them have the distributor pocking out of the left side, which ends up being the back on RWD, interfering with the firewall. I believe there are a couple variants that are direct ignition/COP, but then you need the computer...

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 9, 2024

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
4AGE was in the AE86, Corolla GTS.
Only was the bluetop though.
The new ones red/black were all FWD in north america.

I have one from my 1985 that rusted away that I haven't decided if I would swap into my celica, or if i should do a k swap or an s2000 motor or something.
I think I will probably put the cross member in, so I get rack and pinion steering, but wouldnt' want the stock ecu for the 4a with its flappy door thing. If Im going to put time and effort into it, I should end up with something better than 120 hp.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm doing the timing belt in my AE86 GTS and the cost and rarity of of the "while you're in there" stuff, is a pain in the rear end. an 4.8/5.3 LS is probably cheaper if you don't have the engine yet.

Even once you get past the fact that there were basically 3 different corollas in 87, there are a whole bunch of different accessory belts based on A/C, power steering, and build date. What my car actually had on it, Rock auto s for the FX16 which is the FWD hatch. I've also got A/C, Power steering and a final month build date

Can you guess which belt is the hard to find one?

All the bits are adorably small though. 3.7l of oil, 5.6 liters of coolant, 1.7 liters of transmission fluid, 1.5 liters of diff oil.

My truck takes 16 liters of oil, 37 liters of coolant, 17 liters of transmission fluid, 3.3 liters of diff oil.

JDM engines in general have gone up significantly R32 GTRs used to be $8k here, now Engine+Trans+diff is $25k. Toyota 1GZs were $2500, now they're $4k-$6k.

Speaking of my truck, someone broke into my truck outside Home Depot today, completely hosed up the door lock to the point where it doesn't even lock anymore. They tried to start it with something plastic, stole my 4xl winter jacket and a bag of stuff from princess auto that had the receipt in it. They dropped a small backpack of drugs and phone chargers in the truck so they're probably about as pissed off as i am.

Someone found the princess auto bag in a store parking lot a couple blocks away and drove to princess auto to get it back to me. I figured the thieves would have tried to return the stuff with the receipt but obviously found something better in someone elses vehicle.

I'm going to mount the largest air horn i can find under the dash and mount it to a button in place of the original ignition cylinder. I'm almost tempted to shave the door handles too.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Leperflesh posted:

it is very straightforward accounting wizardry: the company takes a one-time cash hit, on the books, as a cost of layoffs, and then doesn't have a forward-projected cost of paying those employees. Investors really love that poo poo, they're happy to eat a $100M dollar one-time cost to cut an <undisclosed amount> in payroll. For some loving reason.

Recently saw this happen in Q3 and the impact was in Q4 we lost the same amount that we earned for the whole year 2023. So basically the layoffs cut the annual earnings in half. In turn, we didn't make a key performance threshold, meaning they cut everyone's upcoming bonus payout in half, including the eligible former employees that were laid off. But investors got their dividend! We'll see the plants we shut down come back online in 2025 after the election is over. Same thing happened in 2008. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 10, 2024

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

That’s fuckin dumb as hell

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Think how bad it would be if we didn't let companies do any horrible thing they want though

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Powershift posted:

All the bits are adorably small though. 3.7l of oil, 5.6 liters of coolant, 1.7 liters of transmission fluid, 1.5 liters of diff oil.

My truck takes 16 liters of oil, 37 liters of coolant, 17 liters of transmission fluid, 3.3 liters of diff oil.

I dunno but the first is what I would call normal for a normal sized car, but I suspect the overton window for cars has shifted a lot in the US.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

I dunno but the first is what I would call normal for a normal sized car, but I suspect the overton window for cars has shifted a lot in the US.

I guess the 7.3 liter v8 is probably the odd one but it’s smaller than the engine in my other car :shrug:

This is the first inline 4 I’ve owned, also The first n/a 4 cylinder.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Powershift posted:

I'm doing the timing belt in my AE86 GTS and the cost and rarity of of the "while you're in there" stuff, is a pain in the rear end. an 4.8/5.3 LS is probably cheaper if you don't have the engine yet.
:cries in porsche:

quote:

Speaking of my truck, someone broke into my truck outside Home Depot today, completely hosed up the door lock to the point where it doesn't even lock anymore. They tried to start it with something plastic, stole my 4xl winter jacket and a bag of stuff from princess auto that had the receipt in it. They dropped a small backpack of drugs and phone chargers in the truck so they're probably about as pissed off as i am.

Someone found the princess auto bag in a store parking lot a couple blocks away and drove to princess auto to get it back to me. I figured the thieves would have tried to return the stuff with the receipt but obviously found something better in someone elses vehicle.

I'm going to mount the largest air horn i can find under the dash and mount it to a button in place of the original ignition cylinder. I'm almost tempted to shave the door handles too.
For fucks sake, loving meth-head backpack zombies. I'm sorry to hear that man.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Dr. Lunchables posted:

That’s fuckin dumb as hell

Yeah but it brought the shareholders value.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

:cries in porsche:

For fucks sake, loving meth-head backpack zombies. I'm sorry to hear that man.

They're superior german parts though right :ohdear:

It's getting kind of hosed up again.

The Canadian Tire has a dude in a tactical vest with "loss prevention officer" written on it, and aviators walking around the store now. Going into the store the other day there were a bunch of itunes gift cards scattered all over the parking lot.

The one on the north end burned down last year because someone lit a propane tank on fire inside the store so they could steal a vacuum cleaner. The liquor store in the parking lot there has anti-theft devices on every bottle.

Home depot apparently has plain clothes loss prevention dudes.

Still, someone found my bag of stuff in a parking lot and drove out of their way to bring it back to the store. The good people far outnumber the bad, but one rear end in a top hat can do so much damage.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

i think this is backwards. the 80s and 90s artificially shifted the window towards the small displacement end, but now we're back closer to where we started.

used to be, a normal sedan would be like an impala with a 327, a fairlane with 292, a coronet with a 318. then things got lovely for a bit, american manufacturers lost their way for a couple decades cause they couldn't stop trampling their own dicks and eating poo poo. the overton window shifted to 90HP 4-cyl motors for a while.

you don't have many options if you want to buy a V8 family sedan anymore (just the charger, which is on death's door), but pickup trucks fill that niche now. so probably the average american family has something with a normal-sized motor. if you have a short attention span, maybe it looks like the expectation of displacement has shifted hard towards the higher end of the scale, but it's really just a reversion to normalcy.

i hope it stays, so we have plenty of fun donors for years to come, but the way things are trending, we're probably headed for another dark age. time will tell i guess.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I think fuel efficiency and the environment are more important than fun donors being available. More like things got sane for a bit, now back to lovely, for the entire planet.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Gotta drive my lounge around with me while I sit in static traffic because we refuse to invest in public transport.

Driving for fun is great. Commuting is the worst thing ever invented, just slightly less bad than the 5 day work week in which 95% of workers have the exact same working hours which also happen to coincide with school hours which means all of traffic is on the roads in the same ~90 minute slots at each end of those 5 days.

Modern life is incredibly dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

I think fuel efficiency and the environment are more important than fun donors being available. More like things got sane for a bit, now back to lovely, for the entire planet.

nah, they can actually do some pretty magical stuff these days. supposedly, you can get over 20mpg with that fancy modern fuel injection, while still making over 400HP. you probably won't want to, since it requires staying out of it, but you can if you want ive heard