Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

That’s *probably* a hurtful, complex issue regarding Owen, maybe even Bret trying to protect his own sanity? But good on Bret Hart owning up to and confronting McMahon’s and WWE’s environment of sexual abuse. We’re going to see who has a shred of humanity left over the next few months.

Unperson_47 posted:

Bret should get to punch Vince forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cavauro posted:

edit: the "sean" in that tweet refers to that kayfabe commentaries guy in case anyone didn't know and wants to

Oh, OK. I was wondering why no one was making GBS threads on X-Pac.

Actually, now I'm kind of dreading what he might have to say about it.

yea ok posted:

https://x.com/IANdrewDiceClay/status/1755974697588580491?s=20

So I guess nobody wants this new shirt I found?

I'll take twelve! Oh wait no, I meant to say Kevin Nash can gently caress off and die.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 10, 2024

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
They should attach Vince to a harness and drop him into a volcano

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/behindthebastards/s/08orBaNhScpeople digging up Ashley Massaro clips of Vince's writing after she refused to be sexually assaulted by him.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good on him. Unironically, props to the Hitman.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Lid posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/behindthebastards/s/08orBaNhScpeople digging up Ashley Massaro clips of Vince's writing after she refused to be sexually assaulted by him.

When I click the link, it just takes me to the main subreddit page and I cannot find the thread you are talking about.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

When I click the link, it just takes me to the main subreddit page and I cannot find the thread you are talking about.

Same! It's here https://www.reddit.com/r/behindthebastards/comments/1an7x8u/example_of_how_vince_mcmahon_treated_ashley/

And it's gross AF (vaguely remember watching this live)

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

The number of people in that thread going, "idk, seems like a totally normal segment to me 🤷‍♀️" makes my blood boil.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Even Dutch thinks that was a bad take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHVqq8MBVVQ

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Thanks! I do not have a reddit account so I cannot go through the thread but I appreciate it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

would someone be kind enough to summarise the video because i cannot stomach watching it and i assume others are in the same boat maybe

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

would someone be kind enough to summarise the video because i cannot stomach watching it and i assume others are in the same boat maybe

Massaro spills coffee on Vince, is super apologetic, Vince gets in her face and is being super creepy, claiming she spilled the coffee on purpose and then suspends her.

Like the body language goes a long way to making it gross, he's looming over her and his lips are less than inches away from her face.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/OTD_in_WWE/status/1756435645499683184

Bruce with a very unbelievable no answer but from a legal POV it's probably the best thing he could say (He 100% knows stuff given how often Vince brought him back)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That's a loving trifecta of lovely behavior.
1) Overreacting to a minor mistake.
2) Leveraging authority out of spite.
3) Being a loving creep.

Vince never should have tasted a lick of power in his entire gods-forsaken life.
Also now the Kane/Jericho feud makes more sense. of course Vince sees spilled coffee and motivation for a blood feud. Of loving course he does.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bruce with a very unbelievable no answer but from a legal POV it's probably the best thing he could say (He 100% knows stuff given how often Vince brought him back)

Throw him under the bus Johnny. Save yourself. gently caress you but sell out everybody to save your rear end anyway.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pritchard has been in the business long enough and has worked with so many other pieces of poo poo in management that he for sure knows where all the bodies are buried, if not done despicable things himself*

*allegedly

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Didn't someone say Bitchard is Vince's proxy back stage?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Majinfoose posted:

Rousey, yeah.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ChrisBTY posted:

That's a loving trifecta of lovely behavior.
1) Overreacting to a minor mistake.
2) Leveraging authority out of spite.
3) Being a loving creep.

But like, in the context of that clip Vince has to know that he's the bad guy in the bit, right? it's like a weird power fantasy except he's knowingly in the wrong.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

But like, in the context of that clip Vince has to know that he's the bad guy in the bit, right? it's like a weird power fantasy except he's knowingly in the wrong.

who cares, bitch

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

The thing is, Vince almost certainly sees it through the lens of "this is a thing that people dislike" more than that it's wrong.

To go back historically, think of how the Million Dollar Man was simultaneously both the most stereotypical evil rich guy but also Vince's self-insert wish fulfillment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

Yeah, Ronda Rousey said as long as he's anywhere near the company Vince isn't actually gone.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

I think the whole point for him is that he can be an awful person, even flaunt it to a degree, and still be rewarded for it. It's like virtue signaling except the "virtues" are being a sadistic gently caress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

1glitch0 posted:

look at all the public choices Vince's made. he's convinced he's in the right.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Goblin Queen posted:

Massaro spills coffee on Vince, is super apologetic, Vince gets in her face and is being super creepy, claiming she spilled the coffee on purpose and then suspends her.

Like the body language goes a long way to making it gross, he's looming over her and his lips are less than inches away from her face.

My thoughts then: "man this segment is really loving stupid"
My thoughts now: "man this segment is really loving gross.. AND stupid"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, Ronda Rousey said as long as he's anywhere near the company Vince isn't actually gone.

i mean this has been common sense with the company since the 90s

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean this has been common sense with the company since the 90s

wasn't Prichard tapped to keep an eye on Jerry Jarrett during the brief time Jerry was there?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Goblin Queen posted:

I think the whole point for him is that he can be an awful person, even flaunt it to a degree, and still be rewarded for it. It's like virtue signaling except the "virtues" are being a sadistic gently caress.

I guess I just don't get it, but I guess that's why I'm not a cartoonish monster.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vince has an absolutely warped idea of being heroic and cool. The man thought he was the hero after Montreal.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

delightful posted:

They should attach Vince to a harness and drop him into a volcano

This is disgraceful.

Why do you need the harness? Just dump him straight in.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

garycoleisgod posted:

This is disgraceful.

Because just falling in would be short.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

garycoleisgod posted:

This is disgraceful.

Even better, give him the same harness he gave Owen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wasn't sure if I'd been told this in confidence or if it had been talked about in public when I was writing the OP but Bix talked about it on the Pollock and Thurston show:

In late 2017 the New York Times was working on an investigation into Vince involving 13 women who came forward to the Times. However, the reporter(s) involved didn't seem to understand wrestling and the women got cold feet about going on the record.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

garycoleisgod posted:

This is disgraceful.

It's over too soon if you do that.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

garycoleisgod posted:

This is disgraceful.

So you can dunk him like a teabag.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Goblin Queen posted:

thank you. also ugh

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bruce hurriedly putting on his "I Am Not Accused Of Anything" shirt

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Bruce hurriedly putting on his "I Am Not Accused Of Anything" shirt
https://x.com/shutupmikeginn/status/403359911481839617?s=20

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Vince has an absolutely warped idea of being heroic and cool. The man thought he was the hero after Montreal.

"If I'm doing it it's cool" is the guiding principle of near every human on the planet in some way or another.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

I wasn't sure if I'd been told this in confidence or if it had been talked about in public when I was writing the OP but Bix talked about it on the Pollock and Thurston show:

In late 2017 the New York Times was working on an investigation into Vince involving 13 women who came forward to the Times. However, the reporter(s) involved didn't seem to understand wrestling and the women got cold feet about going on the record.

I've heard this before and I don't NOT believe it because I've worked in the media long enough, but the idea that one of the major reasons the story didn't get reported is that the NYT's "didn't understand wrestling" is gobsmackingly pathetic.

"I don't understand how rocket science works thus I'm just incapable of reporting on the head of NASA raping everyone for 40 years" What?

How are we supposed to believe the NYT's reporting on any complex geopolitical news story if the basic workings of a niche entertainment business is an elusive enigma they simply can't untangle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the gray lady has been a pos rag for about 40 years, a reporter not understanding something well on their own plus editorial mismanagement/lack of guidance are par for the course over there