Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 2/7

HM: Toni Storm vs. Red Velvet
HM: Team CMLL (Hechicero, Volador Jr, & Mascara Dorada) vs. The BCC (Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, & Bryan Danielson)
HM: Chris Jericho vs. Konosuke Takeshita
MOTYC: Ricky Starks & Big Bill vs. Darby Allin & Sting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

MOTYC: Swerve Strickland vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page
HM: Team CMLL (Hechicero, Volador Jr, & Mascara Dorada) vs. The BCC (Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, & Bryan Danielson)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

Agreed

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

MOTY: Swerve Strickland vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

Nth all of these.

That opener was amazing but holy poo poo Sting winning gold in 2024 is amazing, what a match.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

Also

HM: Blackpool Combat Club (Moxley, Danielson, Castagnoli) vs CMLL (Hechicero, Volador Jr, Máscara Dorada 2.0)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

These.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

MOTYC: Swerve Strickland vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page - #1 Contender Match
MOTYC: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (c) vs. Darby Allin & Sting - AEW Tag Team Championship Match

these ones

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

Nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

12thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Swerve Strickland vs. Hangman Adam Page - AEW Dynamite 2/7
HM: Team CMLL (Hechicero, Mascara Dorada, & Volador Jr.) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Moxley, Danielson & Claudio) - AEW Dynamite 2/7
HM: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (C) vs. Sting & Darby Allin for the AEW Tag Title - AEW Dynamite 2/7

AEW is... good!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 8, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

MOTYC: Swerve Strickland vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page
MOTYC: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (c) vs. Darby Allin & Sting

Nth-ing all of these. drat what a fun show that was. I can't believe I got to see a Sting match live.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Nth-ing all of these. drat what a fun show that was. I can't believe I got to see a Sting match live.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Mr. Schiavone :shobon:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Team CMLL (Hechicero, Mascara Dorada, & Volador Jr.) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Moxley, Danielson & Claudio) - AEW Dynamite 2/7
MOTYC: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (C) vs. Sting & Darby Allin for the AEW Tag Title - AEW Dynamite 2/7

AEW is... good!

Yeah gonna have to nth this.

We're so blessed

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Motyc m: The New Day vs. Imperium vs. DIY vs. The Creed Brothers - raw 2/7

HM: Serena Deeb cs Queen Aminata - Collision 2/5

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (C) vs. Sting & Darby Allin for the AEW Tag Title - AEW Dynamite 2/7

AEW is... good!

nth to these too

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

Unnecessary nth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Remember when WWE fired Swerve then as soon as it was clear AEW was interested in him, they hired back the rest of Hit Row, but Swerve went to AEW anyway?

Anyway, I like to think about that after matches like last night.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Endless Mike posted:

Remember when WWE fired Swerve then as soon as it was clear AEW was interested in him, they hired back the rest of Hit Row, but Swerve went to AEW anyway?

Anyway, I like to think about that after matches like last night.

Remember when WWE hired back Hit Row, tried to contract tamper Swerve while he was one half of the tag champs, and Swerve just went straight to Tony and told them to gently caress off lmao.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

it is unreal that swerve was ever in hit row to begin with, let alone his nxt run (remember when he was a face?)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/7

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
2nd February
Marvelous in Shin-Kiba
Ai Houzan & Itsuki Aoki vs Mio Momono & Tomoko Watanabe
Watch this here

Fun match, thought the opener & main event were also just below HM level.

MOTYC
4th February
New Japan Road To New Beginning Night 6
Gabe Kidd vs HENARE
Watch this here

Fantastic. Just two guys absolutely trying to murder each other.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: “Speedball” Mike Bailey vs. Zach Wentz, TNA Impact 2/8

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

IWRG/RGR Tercer Aniversario, 2/4/24

MOTYC
Los Terribles Cerebros (Cerebro Negro & Cerebro Negro Jr.) vs. Mexa Boy's (Noisy Boy & Spider Fly)
(IWRG Intercontinental Tag Team Title Match)

HM
Tonalli vs Black Destiny
(RGR Middleweight Title Match)

HM
DMT Azul vs Blue Demon Jr.
(IWRG Intercontinental Heavyweight Title Match)

Watch the entire card here

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Max Heart Tag Tournament Night 4 February 10th
MOTYC
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi
- Fantastic stuff, was all in by the end and giving all my prayers to Bee and Zebra

HM
Shino Suzuki vs Haru Kazeshiro
- The Korakuen crowd was well behind these two rookies, great stuff from two ladies less than a year into their careers

Yukiniki (Yuki Aino and Ryo Mizunami) vs Miyu Yamashita and Toga
- Deliciously meaty

As expected from a TJPW live show this was a great time, would be keen for more Zara Zakher after her looking great on debut

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi
- Fantastic stuff, was all in by the end and giving all my prayers to Bee and Zebra

HM
Shino Suzuki vs Haru Kazeshiro
- The Korakuen crowd was well behind these two rookies, great stuff from two ladies less than a year into their careers

Yukiniki (Yuki Aino and Ryo Mizunami) vs Miyu Yamashita and Toga
- Deliciously meaty

As expected from a TJPW live show this was a great time, would be keen for more Zara Zakher after her looking great on debut

Seconding this post, great breezy show per usual

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo & Suzume) vs. DayDream (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi

"Only" an HM from me but I thought it was a wonderful match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
8th February
All Japan New Age Chronicle-Z 3
Hokuto Omori, Ren Ayabe & Daimonji So vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai) & Yuma Aoyagi
Watch this here

HM
8th February
All Japan New Age Chronicle-Z 3
Dan Tamura & Hayato Tamura vs Rising ATSUKI & Rising HAYATO
Watch this here

As I said in the Puroresu thread, this was just capital f Fun as a show. House show in the sense that guys aren't working like it's a Budokan main event but also that is replaced with a lot of really enjoyable character work, like Yuma Aoyagi goofing around with New Period, & Atsuki basically stealing HAYATO's look. Including having a really bad impressions of the tattoos draw on by pen. Really amusing, & the work was real good too. Sometimes wrestling can just be fun & should get props for that.

HM
7th February
Dragongate Truth Gate Night 2
Dragon Kid & Shuji Kondo vs Naruki Doi & YAMATO
Watch this here

A really opener from the vets who just decide to have a blast.

HM
7th February
M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Jr) vs M3K (Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
Watch this here

The last match of M3K & it falls apart with everyone kind of attacking everyone else.

MOTYC
7th February
Elimination Tag Team Match
Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy, Strong Machine J & U-T) vs Z-Brats (Gianni Valletta, ISHIN, KAI, Shun Skywalker & Yoshiki Kato)
Watch this here

Dragongate are really unsurpassed at these kind of matches. Stardom do them well, so do New Japan, but this is just great character work, great story telling, and some real good work all in a package. You should catch this. Stick around for the post-match to get some high quality unhinged Shun Skywalker too.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Rampage 2/9

HM: Mistico vs Matt Sydal

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
AEW Dynamite - 2/7

HM: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (c) v. Darby Allin & Sting in a tornado tag match for the AEW World Tag Team Titles
Fun stuff. Sting taking crazy bumps. Hot end to a great show with a good angle setting up Sting's final match next month.

MOTYC: Swerve Strickland v. "Hangman" Adam Page
Superbly laid out match excellently worked. These guys really have something with this feud.

NJPW Road to New Beginning - 2/4

MOTYC: HENARE v. Gabe Kidd
Speaking of eternal rivals, these guys have something special here, too. Absolute mad lads going for broke.

Nippon TV Produce 70 Years Of Pro-Wrestling Broadcast The NTV Pro-Wrestling - 2/9

HM: Kento Miyahara, Ryuki Honda, & Dan Tamura v. Yuma Aoyagi, Atsuki Aoyagi, & Rising HAYATO
This was a really fun show with a nice, uplifting mood. Seventy years of pro-wrestling! This match even had Toshiaki Kawada and Akira Taue on commentary! A fun match in front of a sold out Korakuen Hall going about as crazy as they do these days. They even booed Kento when he did heel stuff!

MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya v. Yuma Anzai
I know his booking leaves a lot to be desired, but Kaito is still a super worker with great ring presence. Yuma Anzai is seriously impressive for someone with only two years in the biz. They put on a hell of a main event paying homage to the legends of the past. Keiji Muto and Kenta Kobashi provided commentary on this and there was just a really positive feel to everything. The future may still seem shaky in the recovery since the pandemic, but you can't deny the talent is there.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
7th February
DDT Into The Fight Tour Night 2
HARASHIMA vs Yukio Sakaguchi
Watch this here

Yukio's retirement match. They kick each other hard a lot, although it starts with some really interesting & fun grappling.

HM
9th February
70 Years of Pro Wrestling on Nippon TV
Dan Tamura, Kento Miyahara & Ryuki Honda vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi, Rising HAYATO & Yuma Aoyagi)
Watch this here

This was, well, the name says it all really. Nippon TV put on a show with guys from All Japan & NOAH, the 2 promotions they've worked with, to celebrate their involvement with pro wrestling in Japan. Even though it's been what, 15 years since NTV actually showed wrestling on their main network channel. But hey, it's 70 years since they broadcast Rikidozan & Masahiko Kimura going 1 hour with The Sharpe Brothers in Kuramae Kokugikan, the precursor to the current Ryogoku Kokugikan/Sumo Hall. There's 2 interpromotional matches & 2 matches where each promotion puts their best foot forward. This was All Japan's effort & it's kind of perfect for that role as just taking the opportunity to get your young contracted talent on TV to an audience who may not have watched much All Japan since the NOAH split. Which in turn I think makes it a pretty good entry point for you, the person who should watch All Japan. (Meanwhile NOAH's match had 1 rookie & 5 guys over the age of 35, while here Kento Miyahara is the oldest guy at 34, so we can see who put their best foot forward here)

MOTYC
9th February
70 Years of Pro Wrestling on Nippon TV
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Yuma Anzai
Watch this here

Meanwhile this is one of the interpromotional matches, a clash of 2 future aces. The result was never in doubt, Kiyomiya, despite his booking problems, is a former GHC Heavyweight Champion and should be NOAH's ace right now, while Yuma Anzai is 18 months into the business. A remarkable talent for someone with relatively little talent but yeah, it's Japan, he's not winning this. None the less, this is terrific, both guys get elevated & I can't recommend it enough.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Collision 2/10

HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Shane Taylor
HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Brody King
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Orange Cassidy (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the AEW International Title - AEW Collision 2/10

I always rave about Ishii's sense of timing but goddamn if Orange didn't demonstrate how exceptional his own is in this beautiful, beautiful match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the AEW International Title - AEW Collision 2/10

I always rave about Ishii's sense of timing but goddamn if Orange didn't demonstrate how exceptional his own is in this beautiful, beautiful match.

Yeah agreed

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson, NJPW New Beginning in Osaka, February 11th

technical wrestling

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Aesculus posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson, NJPW New Beginning in Osaka, February 11th

technical wrestling

Nth.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Aesculus posted:

technical wrestling

I really cant emphasise how much everyone should watch this. nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada - NJPW New Beginning in Osaka 2/11
The emotion carried this one, it's far from the all-time classics these two were having against each other over the previous decade but it's Okada's last match against Tanahashi in New Japan and everybody involved including the crowd knew how special it was.

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - NJPW New Beginning in Osaka 2/11
The two best technical wrestlers in the world having one of the best displays of technical wrestling I've ever seen. An absolutely incredible experience with a spectacular finish, and neither man has been able to make the other tap so there is room for another match and I'm so loving down for it.

Aesculus posted:

technical wrestling

:hai:

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Aesculus posted:

technical wrestling

nth. One of the greatest matches I've ever seen. Can't think of one off the top of my head I enjoyed as much

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Aesculus posted:

technical wrestling

Nth. Blew their Wrestle Dream match away. And I loved that match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh poo poo didn't realise that match was today