Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

oh poo poo didn't realise that match was today

Go watch it as soon as you possibly can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watch the main event too though it's loving rad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW The New Beginning February 11th
MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson
- It's crazy, you watch Danielson and he's a master grappler but put him against ZSJ and you realise that Zack is on a complete other level, just ungody smooth transitions from the long mover

United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Francesco Akira, TJP, HENARE and Will Ospreay) vs War Dogs (Gabe Kidd, Drilla Moloney, David Finlay, Alex Coughlin and Clark Connors) - Steel Cage
- An fuckin insane spectacle, if you only tuned in for Zack and Bryan watch this poo poo as well. Drags quite a bit in the last ten minutes but the stuff before that was fantastic

HM
Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Far from their best match but no less emotional, it really hit me after the bell that a rivalry that has been going my entire time watching New Japan is over

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- It's crazy, you watch Danielson and he's a master grappler but put him against ZSJ and you realise that Zack is on a complete other level, just ungody smooth transitions from the long mover

United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Francesco Akira, TJP, HENARE and Will Ospreay) vs War Dogs (Gabe Kidd, Drilla Moloney, David Finlay, Alex Coughlin and Clark Connors) - Steel Cage
- An fuckin insane spectacle, if you only tuned in for Zack and Bryan watch this poo poo as well. Drags quite a bit in the last ten minutes but the stuff before that was fantastic

HM
- Far from their best match but no less emotional, it really hit me after the bell that a rivalry that has been going my entire time watching New Japan is over

Nth. Good show, but these are the three to watch.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Nthed

I saw...

I don't know what I saw.

Was that a match? Was that some sort post-ironic deconstruction of professional wrestling? Was that a shared hallucination brought on by seventeen concussions?

What the gently caress WAS that???

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth to these. Zack vs Bryan was a literally flawless match.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

adjusted to an HM for me

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. A sentimental match, a perfect wrestling match, and a chaos that could not be contained.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. Agree that the main event dipped at the end but it was still a wild brawl and I loved the parts when I wasn't concerned about people breaking their legs.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 2/10

HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Shane Taylor
HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Brody King
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Nth. OC vs Ishii had one hell of a finishing sequence, I loved the last 5 minutes or so.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM

I didn't like this as much as the WrestleDream match and I was the low person for that match too. Lots of good stuff here but the crowd was kind of dead at points and you'd hear one guy trying to start a OH ZACK SABRE JR chant like it was a really cold indie show. The crowd was into the exciting parts, but I dunno, not a blow away match for me.

I thought the Bullet Club War Dogs vs United Empire match was really disappointing. Way way way too long and constantly lost the crowd when it would slow down and everyone did nothing. A ton of cool stuff in here but also a ton of nothing.

Edit: also the cage itself was really sad.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 11, 2024

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. All 3 were fantastic for very different reasons

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

I had to sleep on the ME to see how I would vote on it lol. It was an indulgent violent spectacle that almost fell to bits at various points but it really was just nothing like I expected

Nth to all three

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. Going from a very raw, amazing wrestling match to that insane spectacle was unreal.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Yeah agreed

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
10th February
Tokyo Joshi Pro Max Heart Tournament Night 4
Miyu Yamashita & Toga vs Ryo Mizunami & Yuki Aino
Watch this here

HM
10th February
Tokyo Joshi Pro Max Heart Tournament Night 4
Max Heart Tournament Final
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo & Suzume) vs Hakuchumu (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi)
Watch this here

HM
3rd February
AEW Collision
Whatever Eddie Kingston's Title Is Called
Eddie Kingston(c) vs Bryan Keith
Watch this here

MOTYC
3rd February
AEW Collision
Bryan Danielson vs Hechicero
Watch this here

Hmmmmm, yes, this was great. More Danielson llave please.

HM
9th February
Game Changer Wrestling/Jersey Championship Wrestling Jersey J-Cup Night 1
GCW Tag Team Titles
Violence Is Forever (Dominic Garrini & Kevin Ku)(c) vs Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura)
Watch this here

MOTYC
10th February
Game Changer Wrestling/Jersey Championship Wrestling Jersey J-Cup Night 2
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Jonathan Gresham & Mike Bailey
Watch this here

I normally only search out really highly rated US indy matches because who has the time, but if you put the best tag team in the world in there then I'll find the time. Night 1 I think Kevin Ku was slightly off the pace of the other 3 guys, night 2 obviously even better. It's Astronauts.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Aesculus posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson, NJPW New Beginning in Osaka, February 11th

technical wrestling

Nth, please make this a best of infinity series until the end of time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 2/10

HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Brody King
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Tomohiro Ishii

these and

HM: Toni Storm vs. Queen Aminata

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Fantasticamania February 12th
HM
Stigma, El Desperado, Brilante Jr and Rysuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Titán, Tetsuya Naito, and Bushi) and Kamaitachi
- Good clean fun

A very breezy show but this is the only one that stood out for me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Stigma, El Desperado, Brilante Jr and Rysuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Titán, Tetsuya Naito, and Bushi) and Kamaitachi
- Good clean fun

A very breezy show but this is the only one that stood out for me

I'll second this, it was a fun match, and that's not even taking into consideration Kamaitachi's ring music!

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
- Good clean fun

Nth to this, the return of the great beastie Kamaitachi after almost 8 years in the wilderness.

and I'll also nominate

HM
Soberano jr, Rocky Romero and Hechicero vs Atlantis Jr, Volador Jr and Templario

This was my personal favorite on the show.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

nth

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Sticky Nate posted:

MOTY: Mistico and Brillante Jr vs Mascara Dorada and Neon - CMLL 2/2

Thirded, this was absolutely amazing

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Adam Page vs. Swerve Strickland, AEW Dynamite 2/7

Hoping to get caught up on Dynamite & Collision tomorrow... after another Dynamite.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 2/14

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Dax Harwood
HM: Adam Copeland vs. Daniel Garcia
HM: Top Flight (Darius & Dante Martin) vs. Nicholas & Matthew Jackson
HM: Willow Nightingale vs. Skye Blue
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Matt Taven

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

Agreeing with these, but the whole show was drat good!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
AEW Dynamite 2/14

MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs. Matt Taven

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

these

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs Matt Taven, Texas Death Match, AEW Dynamite 2/14

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

Nth

When people question if Tony Khan is an effective booker or not, and if the AEW roster has real depth or not, please show them this episode of Dynamite. Matt Taven was in a MOTYC tonight.

Matt. Taven.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

agreeing with kvantum !

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

One tweak, that main event loving ruled.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

These

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

quote:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Count Thrashula posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

Nth. Boy do I love some garbage wrestling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Count Thrashula posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

nth

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Count Thrashula posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/14

YES

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nippon TV Produce ~ 70 Years Of Pro-Wrestling Broadcast ~ February 9th
MOTYC
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Yuma Anzai
- More of this and less humiliation for loser Kaito please
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252495?t=2h15m52s

WAVE Valentine Wave February 2nd
MOTYC
Yuki Miyazaki (c) vs Haruka Umesaki - Regina Di WAVE Title
- Great stuff, had seen a bit of Umesaki before but wasn't familiar with Miyazaki and was very pleasantly surprised
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252503?t=1h39m41s

JTO Girls Tournament 2024 January 13th
HM
Aoi vs Misa Kagura
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252510?t=33m07s

Tomoka Inaba vs Sumika Yanagawa
https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252510?t=57m08s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means