Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Just finished Voyager S06E24 (Life Line) which features not only Picardo in two roles with awesome same-actor-in-one-shot effects but it's a Barclay and Troi episode. Might be my favorite VOY honestly. It's hilarious but legit touching too. Perfectly paced.

Anyway, medium frosty please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Happyimp posted:

Watching boogie nights. Even though the movie is very goofy, the scene where they try to sell the fake coke is still tense.

I love how you can see Walhberg’s brain just shut off completely for a good 5 seconds lol

Usually it’s in low power mode

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm checking showtimes to see if anything I want to see is coming out on Friday, and there isn't, but Madame Web has 9 showtimes that day. Even more than the 6 that the Bob Marley movie has that day. Sony's really counting on people seeing that piece of garbage, huh?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Was pleasantly surprised in Tokyo Vice that Sato survived! I thought he was a goner. That dude is way too good looking too jeez

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Rageaholic posted:

I'm checking showtimes to see if anything I want to see is coming out on Friday, and there isn't, but Madame Web has 9 showtimes that day. Even more than the 6 that the Bob Marley movie has that day. Sony's really counting on people seeing that piece of garbage, huh?

I don't think you understand how truly dynamic of a character she is

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I watched Dinner in America and it was hilarious! Great movie

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rageaholic posted:

I don’t think it’s fair to call it a piece of garbage before any reviews are even out.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Gripweed posted:

I don’t think it’s fair to call it a piece of garbage before any reviews are even out.

not fair to garbage maybe

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I hope you guys learn a lesson when Madame Web comes out and it’s a perfectly acceptable fun little superhero movie.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
sony

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gripweed posted:

I hope you guys learn a lesson when Madame Web comes out and it’s a perfectly acceptable fun little superhero movie.

Do you wanna just come out and plug your comic book movie podcast so you can stop bothering us about Madame Web?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

*pushes I would like to know more button*

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I hope you learn a lesson on how not to make stupid posts lol

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
It's really weird that Sony is attempting to hold up their entire film business with what basically amounts to Garfield minus Garfield without any of the charm.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I've seen some pretty sick stuff from the posters over the years, but treating madame web like it's some kind of loving joke is a new low

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
madam weeb

is that anything?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
saddam web

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I guess if I had any cultural commentary, it would be that the zombie system that keeps churning out super hero films even as they continuously flop, and the system that is just going to have joe biden vs donald trump, again, is the same system

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I guess if I had any cultural commentary, it would be that the zombie system that keeps churning out super hero films even as they continuously flop, and the system that is just going to have joe biden vs donald trump, again, is the same system

interesting theory. could this system also be the same one currently engaged in the rape of the natural world with no regard for the irreparable consequences? if so that sounds like a very naughty system! very naughty!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I would listen to your podcast

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

All of the superhero movies coming out in 2024 were greenlit well before 2023 turned out to be the year of superhero flops.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Just saw Argylle, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a very stupid movie, but it is also a bunch of dumb fun. The two friends I saw it with were giggling uncontrollably throughout the entire climax. I'm guessing the entire theater would have been laughing if we weren't the only ones there.

It's a lot less James Bond and a lot more Our Man Flint. I think that kinda threw people.

Also, literally every second of Dua Lipa's footage from the movie is in the trailer.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

ProperCauldron posted:

I watched Dinner in America and it was hilarious! Great movie

yeah me 2. iawtop

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cubone posted:

madam weeb

is that anything?

Yeah, Gripweed

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gripweed posted:

Sure, just like Morbius was.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rageaholic posted:

Sure, just like Morbius was.

I think once Leto was cast, and especially once the trailer came out, nobody thought Morbius still had potential to be good.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it's madammin' time

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

leto was barely dynamic at all as morbius. a pathetic offering. and grounded in reality? don't get me started!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mozi posted:

saddam web

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mozi posted:

it's madammin' time

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Very rude to post spoilers from Madame Web ITT

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

leto was barely dynamic at all as morbius. a pathetic offering. and grounded in reality? don't get me started!

You joke but that’s actually a big problem with the movie. He’s a very static character. He really needed a stretch in the second act where he gloried in his newfound Morbius powers and the escape from his old limitations. It would have made him a much more entertaining character and could’ve made the whole plot line with his best friend becoming evil Morbius actually work.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo haha

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
look as long as it isn't literally 2 hours of a man having a explosive diarrhea directly into the camera, it just doesn't set off my 'bad movie' alarm.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

roomtone posted:

look as long as it isn't literally 2 hours of a man having a explosive diarrhea directly into the camera, it just doesn't set off my 'bad movie' alarm.

might wanna swap out the 9 volt pal

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

YOU PLAY DOM JOT HUMON

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

You joke but that’s actually a big problem with the movie. He’s a very static character. He really needed a stretch in the second act where he gloried in his newfound Morbius powers and the escape from his old limitations. It would have made him a much more entertaining character and could’ve made the whole plot line with his best friend becoming evil Morbius actually work.

oh I mean that goes without saying

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

kalel posted:

oh I mean that goes without saying

Any statement that assumes the reader has seen and has opinions on Morbius absolutely does not go without saying.