Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah if you are at all interested in rebirth, watching that showcase is an emphatically bad idea. If I could I would forget I watched it. Most of it is really cool incidental stuff(sidequests, golden saucer minigames they beefed up, graphical breakdowns) but those are interspersed with immense plot points and comedic moments I wish I had witnessed blind instead of in a clip reel in a trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

The only gripe I have with the HL2 series is that Woolie is just about up to Ravenholm without realizing that the basic crates have nothing in them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
but it's fun to break them

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah if you are at all interested in rebirth, watching that showcase is an emphatically bad idea. If I could I would forget I watched it. Most of it is really cool incidental stuff(sidequests, golden saucer minigames they beefed up, graphical breakdowns) but those are interspersed with immense plot points and comedic moments I wish I had witnessed blind instead of in a clip reel in a trailer

I know to stay away from any big Square trailers that are around a month from release, after teh NEO TWEWY final trailer where they showed off the final boss and the setup to the final boss, plus explain the twist they set up in the first trailer. I'm glad people I follow understand this, too, so i've gotten mostly little vagueness and that one scene of (comedic thing) Red XIII's voice cracking when he sees Tifa and Aerith in bikinis

Chunky-rear end podcast this week, over two and a half hours before Woolie even started his week lol

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTTiwZP4Oc

Lmao that intro

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Versus Wolves has immediately justified itself with going to violence at the end of episode two.

Woolie tries giving two nice recs and then verbally punches John in the face with "Omikron, bitch." after getting shut down twice.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I haven't been able to play T8 yet so I wasn't planning on watching this just yet, but thanks for the heads up, because lol, incredible

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

claw game handjob posted:

Versus Wolves has immediately justified itself with going to violence at the end of episode two.

Woolie tries giving two nice recs and then verbally punches John in the face with "Omikron, bitch." after getting shut down twice.
Versus Wolves is a wild ride. I was not expecting John to have weaponized levels of awkwardness and anxiety, and I love him for it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Versus Wolves is a wild ride. I was not expecting John to have weaponized levels of awkwardness and anxiety, and I love him for it.

I'm not done with the episode yet, but the sheer horror he experienced at being recognized at the strip club was delightful

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm not done with the episode yet, but the sheer horror he experienced at being recognized at the strip club was delightful
IT TAKES A TURN

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This versus wolves podcast is something else.

EDIT: Now the thought takes me I'm so glad I got to this after seeing the Wolf-Dogs on NXT otherwise I'd be dead from laughter-asphyxiation.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 11, 2024

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

claw game handjob posted:

Just finished the episode so now I can comment on this: I think sooner or later John is going to learn to just take the first thing Woolie gives him, because I don't think he's remotely capable of doing the psychic damage Woolie is

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Shinji2015 posted:

Just finished the episode so now I can comment on this: I think sooner or later John is going to learn to just take the first thing Woolie gives him, because I don't think he's remotely capable of doing the psychic damage Woolie is

But I think he's eventually going to get cornered by the format and try to go nuclear, which is going to be the best payoff either way it goes down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/HatokTalk/status/1757179875935597043?t=LEMascaz7Mjsimq1WoZqog&s=19

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRejDX9tWwM

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The shooting of the red barrel point blank was him trying to pick it up and instead hitting the wrong button and shooting it, wasn't it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Captain Invictus posted:

The shooting of the red barrel point blank was him trying to pick it up and instead hitting the wrong button and shooting it, wasn't it.

Yeah, I think he even said "wrong button".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah it stopped playing near the end so I figured as much. For some reason on my phone videos tend to stop a few seconds before the actual end

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
It wasn't a wrong button but rather the wrong gun. He keeps thinking he has the gravity gun equipped and shooting things trying to pull them in and it cracks me up every time.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Shinji2015 posted:

By a patron, a staff member, or a dancer? (in increasing order of mortification)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Dancer per some stuff on Twitter. Makes me want to listen I’m ngl.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Warbird posted:

Dancer per some stuff on Twitter. Makes me want to listen I’m ngl.
Holy poo poo, lmao. I don't know if I would have chuckled nervously, or just turned into a cloud of ions.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ah here we go: https://twitter.com/sharkey_arts/status/1757498804520018323

This my entire range of info on the matter so I can and probably wrong.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Those cheekbones lol

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
"When she recognised me...it broke me."

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The sound Woolie made as he tilted over the Pie Story loving sent me into hysterics.

Right up there with "FOR BREAKFAST" and "I KNOOOWWWWW!".

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Shinji2015 posted:

The part where he explains literally did the Smithers pose killed me, only to then be followed up by one of the dancers teasing him and he replies "I have a wife and we play playstation together".
EPW has become the living incarnation of a Simpsons reference,

Clerical Terrors fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 15, 2024

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Those cheekbones lol

they're true to life

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Clerical Terrors posted:

The part where he explains literally did the Smithers pose killed me, only to then be followed up by one of the dancers teasing him and he replies "I have a wife and we play playstation together".
EPW has become the living incarnation of a Simpsons reference,

Oh it's wonderful. Someone needs to combine John's version of the story with Woolie's version from CSB and animate it.

Dabir posted:

they're true to life

For sure, it's just funny seeing them made that obvious

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Holy poo poo Woolie's Fear and Hunger tale is amazing.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Woolie being mad at the pie story is why it's persisted. If he had laughed it off initially they would've dropped it, hell we may never have heard about it. Continuing to be mad about it just fuels the flames all the more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think it went on for a long while without his involvement. They did the pie stealing bit, then eventually Matt and Pat told the actual story in Deadly Premonition, then the storybook art was made. When it kept being brought up after it seemingly ran its course is when Woolie would start getting annoyed.

Honestly, this and the "FOR BREAKFAST!!!" are bits that make me feel for the guy. He was just doing his part for the channel then loud bits at his expense would come from videos he had no say on, and some were ridiculous enough to go away like when he killed that guy in football or his slim white arm, but the pie really kept going since it's such a simple and funny concept.

Matt yelling about Woolie hating breakfast hangs on me because dammit, he had a bad experience and threw up/got sick because of eggs while young, of course he doesn't like eggs and then he was a pre-diabetic who recently beat real-rear end diabetes, of course he doesn't partake in carbs smothered in sugar.

the face reveal of baby pat jr during Pat's reaction to the xbox stuff was fun

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 16, 2024

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
At least people seem to have stopped the pretty racist "oreo" jokes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MorningMoon posted:

the face reveal of baby pat jr during Pat's reaction to the xbox stuff was fun
wait I've been at the hospital all day, pat showed his baby on stream? I thought he said he would never do that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

wait I've been at the hospital all day, pat showed his baby on stream? I thought he said he would never do that

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoldBlueSpindlePermaSmug-Xb9ekEXeIlTQWCbT

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol of course

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Its a good joke.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
You can really see the resemblance.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The SEW Omikron stream is going “well”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

sometimes I scroll over to Matts youtube channel and the videoes just aren't great, are they? Generally gets 100k+ views though.