Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm just going to make a general announcement that this is not an insular thread, people are allowed to post here unless they're being wholly disruptive, and you are free to use the ignore button if you don't like what a poster is saying

That's all

oh yeah? then why won't all the mods let haljordan post in here anymore???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Grey Cat posted:

Now this I find wholly offensive.

You're not the Pope so I can't holy offend you :colbert:

kazil posted:

oh yeah? then why won't all the mods let haljordan post in here anymore???

Ask Koos :evilbuddy:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Between the Sphere, the cops, and Incel Spider-Man over here, there are no heroes to this story and I'm glad they all got hosed.

:hai:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

nine-gear crow posted:

Between the Sphere, the cops, and Incel Spider-Man over here, there are no heroes to this story and I'm glad they all got hosed.

Have the cops actually been hosed beyond hearsay that they "messed up".
Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm specifically watching the Superbowl tonight because I want to see KC win and then see Conservatives lose their loving minds. Is Taylor Swift going to even be there though. I thought she was in Japan.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Grey Cat posted:

Yes, we get it, we're all glad you support the sex pest enabler/woman hater.

Imagine being the kind of person who not only worships the rapist, but thinks it's cool to go places where their opinion on the rapist is wholly unwanted, just so they can let everyone know how much they support the rapist.

And then forcing their opinion on others, against their will, despite knowing it's an unwelcome intrusion in a thread on a sub-forum where they know they're not welcome or wanted.

I guess that's what they consider a win?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Hollismason posted:

I'm specifically watching the Superbowl tonight because I want to see KC win and then see Conservatives lose their loving minds. Is Taylor Swift going to even be there though. I thought she was in Japan.

Just check the flight data that dude who tracks private jets puts out.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm just going to make a general announcement that this is not an insular thread, people are allowed to post here unless they're being wholly disruptive, and you are free to use the ignore button if you don't like what a poster is saying

That's all

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

She flew back overnight.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah the cops are sadly getting away from this clean beyond another "lol acab" story to add the pile from them roughing the guy up. Basically the Sphere got messed up, Peter Punker got messed up, the LVPD, meanwhile, just ARE messed up.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah, not sure where the cops are being hosed at all, they got a sniffly snot-nosed rear end in a top hat to screech into the instagram for a few hundred likes while everyone at the station is having a sensible chuckle. Maybe Tom the janitor was mildly inconvenienced at having to mop up piss yet again, but that's just a typical Saturday.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Actually the Sphere is good because it’s in Vegas which has no aesthetic in the first place other than gaudy. Their sacrifice protects the rest of us, because the Sphere absolutely anywhere else would be atrocious.

Besides, aren’t we pro big orb around here?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Hazo posted:

Hey so tonight if Kansas City wins the Super Bowl then that’s cool because Taylor and her boyfriend seem pretty cool and we might get another tweetTruth from Donald “I was president of the goddamn US but I don’t know that Kansas City isn’t in Kansas” Trumg.

But if they lose then the weird freaks who think the NFL is scripted by Taylor Swift and her Jewish overlords will finally shut up.

Right?

If Kansas City loses it'll be "Heh, they knew we knew it was all a psyop and they pulled the plug on their plan. Don't let them fool you! Keep your powder dry."

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
That sphere was no orb.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Actually the Sphere is good because it’s in Vegas which has no aesthetic in the first place other than gaudy. Their sacrifice protects the rest of us, because the Sphere absolutely anywhere else would be atrocious.

I thought we were anti-orb because Trump is pro-orb and/or under orbular thrall?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's more of a semi-spheroid really.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

You can tell he's losing strength, he's flashing now.

please bring this back when he's on his deathbed. and make it blink faster every hour.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Marianne Williamson drops out of the race and the same week America's biggest orb gets damaged? There are no coincidences.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's a big dumb sort of dome

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Marianne Williamson drops out of the race and the same week America's biggest orb gets damaged? There are no coincidences.

Everything's coming up pyramids, baby!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

My balls went superluminal years ago so I tend to look at the Sphere kind of wistfully.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

the orb is going to have all of us under its thrall eventually. no point resisting imo

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

kw0134 posted:

Maybe Tom the janitor was mildly inconvenienced at having to mop up piss yet again, but that's just a typical Saturday.

It's Vegas, they probably just have a floor drain in the interrogation room.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbPoS6QvLE&t=106s
Que'd for your pleasure.
one of my fave orbs.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

kazil posted:

This is a real thing Trump posted

Didn't congress and the Senate pass this? Does he want approval because he didn't veto everything that came to his desk?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What’s great about today is that it was only a few years ago that Trump or someone Trump-adjacent like Jason Miller took great glee in the 49ers losing either the Super Bowl, or the NFC championship game.

At that time, whoever it was tweeted something like “Too bad for the Poop City Niners! 😂”

But today, thanks to all the opposite-world gyrations and contortions they’ve put themselves through, they now HAVE to root for SF. Every single one of them does.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

nine-gear crow posted:

:emptyquote:

I was at a marketing workshop for work a few months ago and somebody did a PowerPoint pitch for advertising on the Sphere and everybody sat very quietly and politely until after he was done, and then started flooding our attendee inboxes with how loving stupid and expensive that idea is because the Sphere is rapidly going bankrupt

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It is nice that Vegas is the holding pen for horrible stuff like the sphere, imagine if that had been allowed in a real city.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

It is nice that Vegas is the holding pen for horrible stuff like the sphere, imagine if that had been allowed in a real city.

Lol the Vegas Hyperloop

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

:hmbol:

This dude is obsessed with young womens' boyfriends

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 11, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

Lol the Vegas Hyperloop

Exactly, so many stupid rear end half baked ideas kept to one ugly town that no one has to go to.

It’s the Simpson’s monorail but in city form

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

priznat posted:

Exactly, so many stupid rear end half baked ideas kept to one ugly town that no one has to go to.

It’s the Simpson’s monorail but in city form

"las" means "the"
and "vegas" means "vegas"

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I would like Kansas City to lose today to make Taylor, Kermit and Trump cry. Plus I am a fan of the San Francisco 49ers.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Trump seems at-least to be trying to get out ahead of the GOP vs Swifties thing, even if in his own clumsy mob-boss way.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I don't even know who I want to win the superbowl, this poo poo's like the two buttons meme

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I don't care about football but the option that makes chuds absolutely poo poo themselves in anger and start writing conspiracies gets my vote.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hazo posted:

Hey so tonight if Kansas City wins the Super Bowl then that’s cool because Taylor and her boyfriend seem pretty cool and we might get another tweetTruth from Donald “I was president of the goddamn US but I don’t know that Kansas City isn’t in Kansas” Trumg.

But if they lose then the weird freaks who think the NFL is scripted by Taylor Swift and her Jewish overlords will finally shut up.

Right?

I would settle for just not hearing about the Chiefs for 6 months. This particular combo of politics plus kicking my team out of the playoffs is a version of hell.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

kazil posted:

Knew it was only a matter of time before he started going after her directly. Starting with lower-key misogyny by invoking "disloyalty" but it's gonna ramp up from here. Dude just can't help himself. There's gonna be a horde of Swfities lined up to vote with tacticool chuds harassing them and demanding to see their IDs, and the optics are gonna be terrible.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

In Canada we don’t even get the “fun” ads without using other methods to pull in the broadcast so most people don’t give a poo poo unless they are big into the nfl already. I have never watched a Super Bowl and I used to enjoy football! (CFL tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Can't I just cheer that all the players have a good time. :shobon: