Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
As someone who just spent some time in Toronto I have to admit that it is good and a cool place. Maybe it'd be more annoying if I had to deal with Torontonians all the time but it's a cool city to visit and everyone I met was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Jhet posted:

If we can take a break from the annual Leafs meltdown, did we see the Whalers gear the Hurricanes were wearing? Still a top 5 logo. It just looks wrong being worn in a completely different market like that. Same would go for the Avs wearing a straight up Nordiques sweater. As far as I can remember, they’ve done mix ups and not only the straight old jersey, but correct me when I’m wrong.

They wore them in a game a few years ago and used Brass Bonanza for their goal song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOArgEQ7U4

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://x.com/reporterchris/status/1756744986589040826?s=20

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Summation of my thoughts on the empty net slapper situation:

lmfao

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

It's the Reaves effect paying off. The vibes and the playlists in the locker room are turning the team feral

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/br_openice/status/1756739388308848985

Hell yeah

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/itsmitchmarney/status/1756727470194073876?t=E3wr93L6D89qCJzPmh_YHQ&s=19

Lmao

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

They wore them in a game a few years ago and used Brass Bonanza for their goal song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOArgEQ7U4

Yeah, they still look really good and I love that they used Brass Bonanza. It really makes me think that there's a bunch of old hockey fans in Connecticut cursing at the TV because they can't go see the Whalers even though they look like they're playing.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Lol

Lmao even

Leafs lol forever

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Zadorov also has a hearing.

Nobody cares?

Didn't think so.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I have seen some truly horrible things in my thirty years as a hockey fan, but nothing as disgusting and vile as Greig slapping the puck into an empty net.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

grack posted:

Zadorov also has a hearing.

Nobody cares?

Didn't think so.

wasnt he already suspended 2 games last night

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

fermun posted:

They could have cared about the game the previous 59 minutes, 54 seconds. They sucked rear end that whole game and when a kid celebrated winning then they gotta go cheapshot him with intent to injure. Gutless. Suspend Reilly 6 games, fine him the $5000 and fine Keefe $10,000 for a player instigating in the last 5 minutes.

The Leafs are the biggest pissbabies in the league and their fans are worse.

Give Rielly 10 for all I care, 20 if this league was serious, but if you think the Leafs and Rielly are somehow alone in how they would react to something like that I think you’re fooling yourself.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

heehee posted:

wasnt he already suspended 2 games last night

Probably

I didn't know the hearing already happened

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Koopa Kid posted:

Give Rielly 10 for all I care, 20 if this league was serious, but if you think the Leafs and Rielly are somehow alone in how they would react to something like that I think you’re fooling yourself.

all the more reason to send a message with the suspension, it shouldn’t be happening at all

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Koopa Kid posted:

My team wouldn't do that... Because they aren't in contention so why bother

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

My team is full of angels who would never do this *shoves Trouba away from the camera* LIKE I WAS SAYING

I love how your posts on this subject just have just a sprinkling of persecution. It's really funny.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

My team is full of angels who would never do this *shoves Trouba away from the camera* LIKE I WAS SAYING

youre gonna regret this post when trouba retaliates and you end up in the spinny de-concussion chair

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

I love how your posts on this subject just have just a sprinkling of persecution. It's really funny.

I think it’s weird that people are trying to make the culture of decorum and assault specifically a Rielly thing or a Leafs thing, if that comes off as persecuted :shrug:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nybble posted:

all the more reason to send a message with the suspension, it shouldn’t be happening at all

You… didn’t bold the part where I said I’d be fine with a big suspension. It’s right there, with numbers even

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Look we are all forgetting the most important thing….what does Steve Dangle think of the whole situation?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

WeaponX posted:

Look we are all forgetting the most important thing….what does Steve Dangle think of the whole situation?

Here u go https://youtu.be/1q_yapn4WE0?si=GfuZoe29-WXIL8wY

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
cross check straight to the head is a bit much but that guy definitely deserved to have his rear end kicked. you don’t show people up like that.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

this is a huge part of what makes the sport compelling. let em work it out out there

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Not exaggerating when I say I’d rather get concussed by Morgan Rielly than watch a second of that.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

cross check straight to the head is a bit much but that guy definitely deserved to have his rear end kicked. you don’t show people up like that.

Sure you do, like I said you also just then have to follow through and injure the other guy before he injures you

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lmao the salty homer tears are hilarious

https://twitter.com/BigHeadLeafs_/status/1756745948707889247?t=VjnQSFcB33V31mO2JyNMFA&s=19

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:discourse:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Should've just targeted the knee or something. If there's one thing this sport doesn't need, it's goal scoring and celebrating and ESPECIALLY anything entertaining.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

nah, taunting rules. Reily is just a sore loser

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://x.com/nathancsn/status/1756723524440371321

Makes you think tbh. It's important to have empathy.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

you don’t show people up like that.

why not

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

You do

It's called sports.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Lol he shot it into the empty net wrongggg :cry:

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Everyone knows you're supposed to model your ENG technique after Patrik Stefan.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Makes you think tbh. It's important to have empathy.

10/2

never forget

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Who is he showing up here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I knew boxc would have a level-headed take on this situation (specifically that Rielly was correct to level Greig's head)

Matt Zerella posted:

Parros has consistently suspended Leafs for longer than other players who did similar things and also not given a poo poo the 3-4 times Bunting was crosschecked in the head the last couple of seasons. Maybe he does the same for other teams that I don't follow, or just sucks at his job.