Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Othello is Mitch’s favorite character from Othello, and he might just slot him into the #2 & #3 spots too.

Don’t forget The Bard, he’s great. Othello is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nemo posted:

They’re not taking money out of an artist’s hands
It’s still theft

lol?

either way I’m glad Mitch apologized. lol at strike foreman Nick Wiger refusing to apologize for it. I feel good about pirating their show

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
They probably deserve some pirating.

You’re taking something from an artist for free because it’s not important enough to you for you to pay for it. If you couldn’t have it for free you’d just opt not to have it at all. Either way money wouldn’t be going to the artist.

If they put AI art on merch I’d be more pissed but I don’t think this is putting anything extra in their pocket.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ah good raiza licea is back, can't wait to hear about how bad cuba is from a lifelong miami resident

e: lmao, "they can't trade because...it's communist" yeah right that's the reason, not the 60-year embargo

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 8, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drat. I knew I didn’t like her once she said she didn’t watched Lord of the Rings

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I haven't listened yet. How much Cuba talk is there, and is it easily skippable?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it's not that much, though mitch watched two (2) documentaries on north korea (including the vice one lol) and has some smart thoughts

awful politics aside i find raiza licea obnoxious and unfunny so really the whole episode is skippable in my book

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I tapped out early on cause she is a drag, what did Mitch say about North Korea

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

A Lord of the Rings theme park with Gollum wandering around investigating the rings of guests is an exciting employment opportunity for Kowalick.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

indigi posted:

lol?

either way I’m glad Mitch apologized. lol at strike foreman Nick Wiger refusing to apologize for it. I feel good about pirating their show

lmfao

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

I tapped out early on cause she is a drag, what did Mitch say about North Korea

Mitch relayed a couple half remembered anecdotes from a Vice pice on going to North Korea (I’ve already forgotten why, it might have been by mentioning Dennis Rodman?). For example, saying that a lot of North Korea is on state intranet rather than worldwide internet.

Raiza’s comments were worse/weirder because even though she has traveled to Cuba to visit family, her conception of the lack of international trade between Cuba and a lot of countries was “because of being communist,” absent any mention of embargos or sanctions. She suggested maybe individual liberties were even more restricted in Cuba than DPRK…

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I'm glad I'm not a fragile man. The only thing that bothered me was the zit popping talk...and I worked in sewer treatment for nearly a decade, so it take a lot to gross me out. Otherwise, funny episode.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Less communism talk, more cum & jism talk!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
reading other people's comments about this dumb podcast always makes me feel I'm so balanced and sane and cool

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The fact that people are messaging them to say the dog in the studio distracts from their timely delivery of jokes is maybe the most reddit commenter review they’ve ever received.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Hobo Clown posted:

Less communism talk, more cum & jism talk!

I say this some what earnestly: scatological humor is kind of egalitarian because there is no punching down. No one loses status except for the person telling the joke.

That's why WIger and Mitch had such an issue with the name 'Eggslut'. For them, the world 'slut' is always going to be an attack, and thus unfunny. Doughboy humor is built around self deprecation and using that to make fun of the stupid society that created you, not attacking vulnerable people for punchlines. That's my high on my day off take, anyway.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the dog in the studio makes the show better. I stopped listening to the Raiza episode because she's boring and a bad guest not cause she's a dumbbell, if that was a disqualifier I wouldn't be listening to the show in the first place

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

The fact that people are messaging them to say the dog in the studio distracts from their timely delivery of jokes is maybe the most reddit commenter review they’ve ever received.

I thought that was just a bit

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

indigi posted:

the dog in the studio makes the show better. I stopped listening to the Raiza episode because she's boring and a bad guest not cause she's a dumbbell, if that was a disqualifier I wouldn't be listening to the show in the first place

I have an unfounded theory that Emma brought Jemmi in to keep Wiger and Mitch from escalating into full blow arguments on pod. Could you image how bad Nick and Mitch would feel if their bickering scared the dog?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Drunkboxer posted:

I thought that was just a bit

I'm sure they're exaggerating, but for one video or other when I went to see some visual gag, one of the top youtube comments was someone complaining that the dog was a distraction and that they needed to source alternate dog daycare options or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

I have an unfounded theory that Emma brought Jemmi in to keep Wiger and Mitch from escalating into full blow arguments on pod. Could you image how bad Nick and Mitch would feel if their bickering scared the dog?

just this hypothetical actually made me worry about their feelings lol. Emma might be a genius manipulator as well as genius podcast engineer/producer

I'd kind of like Emma and Chef Kevin to make a documentary about comedy podcast production

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

mennoknight posted:

reading other people's comments about this dumb podcast always makes me feel I'm so balanced and sane and cool

Seriously. The Reddit page is just filled with parasocial freaks who basically build out fan fiction about what they’re “actually” thinking. My favorite is when commenters are like “it’s obvious Mike and Nick hated this guest.”

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

soggybagel posted:

Seriously. The Reddit page is just filled with parasocial freaks who basically build out fan fiction about what they’re “actually” thinking. My favorite is when commenters are like “it’s obvious Mike and Nick hated this guest.”

Oh god they do that for so many podcasts and the like, I hate it so much. There’s a local radio show I listen to and the dedicated subreddit goes so far as to say the regulars on the show hate each other. That is, when the redditors themselves are constantly bitching about how much they hate everyone on the show and nobody likes it, despite it being #1 in its time slot.

I left Reddit when that whole API debacle went down and I do not miss how terrible redditors are

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
What else do the redditors do?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

UP AND ADAM posted:

What else do the redditors do?

IF YOUUUUUU MAKE UP AN ELABORATE STORY ABOUT HOW MIKE AND NICK HATE EACH OTHER….YOU MIGHT BE A REDDITOR

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they hate each other in the way you only can with someone you love because you know exactly how to get on each other's nerves. Siblings basically

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
*Google image searches Raiza Licea* Wait a minute guys I think Fidel Castro might have been bad

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Dr.Radical posted:

*Google image searches Raiza Licea* Wait a minute guys I think Fidel Castro might have been bad

Kind of crazy that this Cuban-American woman with an 80 year old Cuban immigrant father and raised in a Cuba-American community in Miami and has been to Cuba has opinions about Cuba that don’t completely align with middled-aged podcast fans. How can she be so wrong?

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Why did some people leave Cuba while others stayed?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

How can she be so wrong?

fairly simply:

Marsupial Ape posted:

an 80 year old Cuban immigrant father

plenty of people have been to Cuba and I certainly didn’t leave thinking the impediment to trade was "communism." America's largest non-bordering trading partner is communist! the only people who think nonsense like that were all

Marsupial Ape posted:

raised in a Cuba-American community in Miami

e:

Dr.Radical posted:

yes I'd absolutely abandon my principles for her. gently caress hot topic for selling Che shirts, and we should definitely do Bay of Pigs II

indigi fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 11, 2024

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
So, again, your armchair experience is superior to her lived experience? What other great burdens do you carry for other minorities?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wiger’s Sloppy Boys appearance is solid, forgot that Harris Wittels was in his sketch group along with Molasses Boy. Wish they’d bring back Molasses Boy, absolutely top tier guest.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Wiger’s Sloppy Boys appearance is solid, forgot that Harris Wittels was in his sketch group along with Molasses Boy. Wish they’d bring back Molasses Boy, absolutely top tier guest.

They’ve both been on a bunch of podcasts lately. I need to catch up.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Yeah there’s never been anything controversial about Cuban-Americans opinions on Cuba lol

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Don't silence minorities or whatever!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
To be earnest for a moment, this reminds me of Irish people saying that their Irish-American relatives have crazy Troubles era politics about Ireland because that’s all they know from their immigrant grandparents. That’s the point I was trying to make earlier. While I don’t actually agree with her opinion, I understand the context of her lived experience and do not kneel-jerk dismiss her like a dickhead.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I like when they pet the dog

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

so you guys like chilis or

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

So, again, your armchair experience is superior to her lived experience?

yes. also I visited there too ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I visited Cuba a couple years ago and had this issue at customs where the guy asked me what my name was, and I gave it to him and he was like, "No, I need your full legal name"