Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Someone or something above Sera on the Eternal totem pole dropped Pentious in the Seraphim's private quarters as a statement.

We're going to find out God is the Spindlehorse at the end. Bet on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Speaking of Alastor's "deal", I'm not sure if it was the implication, but I took his lament song to mean there's something about it that's explicitly handicapped him to the point that it's why he lost his fight with Adam, and he didn't realize that's what it'd do before the fight.

His "What just happened" wasn't just surprise at Adams attack, but something on his end not working that he was expecting to be there.

Which is why he's even more desperate to find a way out of the deal. He thought he knew the terms and limitations of his situation, and thus was still confident in his ability to operate. But now there's something new or previously unknown that's taken something from him he needed for his plans.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
One of the future check ins attempting to be redeemed turns out to actually be God.

Can see that happening.

Crain posted:

Speaking of Alastor's "deal", I'm not sure if it was the implication, but I took his lament song to mean there's something about it that's explicitly handicapped him to the point that it's why he lost his fight with Adam, and he didn't realize that's what it'd do before the fight.

His "What just happened" wasn't just surprise at Adams attack, but something on his end not working that he was expecting to be there.

Which is why he's even more desperate to find a way out of the deal. He thought he knew the terms and limitations of his situation, and thus was still confident in his ability to operate. But now there's something new or previously unknown that's taken something from him he needed for his plans.

I had the impression that Alastor was upset people would view him as potentially dying for a group of people as if he was their actual friend. Something he might be forced to do due to the contract, something he would normally never do. Have someone be in control and near untouchable lording over others and have them suddenly face the fact that they are on the same chain can cause them to have a break down like Alastor was semi having. Especially when experiencing the actual consequences. ie: nearly dying

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 12, 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Crain posted:

Maybe he's bound to support those who Lilith loves and got outside of the ambiguous space of 'supporting Charlie' into the realm of 'hurting Adam'.

It would be really funny if the whole macro-scale cause of this stuff is Lilith trying to fix Adam (and people would probably legitimately go off on her over it)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I really hope God does turn out to be a big magical unicorn, just because I love the idea of Blitzo's mug that says "God is a Horse" being accurate

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There should be someone above Sera if only because it seems like a waste to have all these named demon lords and not have Michael, Gabriel and all those guys you fight in a given SMT game.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I kinda want heaven to mirror hell: Have an absent ruler just completely dejected and depressed to the point of near abdication.

Lucifer is/was an absent ruler of hell. Completely disinterested in exercising power or keeping anything on anything even close to a plan. So the denizens just took over since "Power abhors a power vacuum".

I want heaven to be similar. Maybe Jesus is up there, or some interpretation of the Trinity just laying around in a bathrobe, completely zeroed out because no one actually followed the rules or the system got automated out from under them and it's not what they envisioned.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Fortnite released a new emote. It's a little dance with a cartoony scythe that has like a one eyed cat devil face on it. The funny thing is that it uses an old Hazbin Hotel fansong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juJkNKodgdE

I do hope they got permission to use it, but also it just makes me want Hazbin/Helluva skins and back blings in Fortnite now

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

My impression of Alastor's arrangement was that it was a ticking clock, and his deadline to accomplish [TBD] is creeping up.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Crain posted:

I kinda want heaven to mirror hell: Have an absent ruler just completely dejected and depressed to the point of near abdication.

Lucifer is/was an absent ruler of hell. Completely disinterested in exercising power or keeping anything on anything even close to a plan. So the denizens just took over since "Power abhors a power vacuum".

I want heaven to be similar. Maybe Jesus is up there, or some interpretation of the Trinity just laying around in a bathrobe, completely zeroed out because no one actually followed the rules or the system got automated out from under them and it's not what they envisioned.

This also works with God being a horse, someone put a terrifying creature in their path perhaps and they're stuck.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Macaluso posted:

I really hope God does turn out to be a big magical unicorn, just because I love the idea of Blitzo's mug that says "God is a Horse" being accurate

That and the madness when God turns out to be basically Princess Celestia.

Flopsy posted:

It's meant to be awful and it's portrayed as such so I don't know what else they want.

They want to be mad, and they'll look for any excuse to do it. Tumblr idpol pretty infamously lets you excoriate anything for any reason thanks to impossible and contradictory standards.

I do get the feeling that a lot of people have a particular axe to grind with Viv simple because she came out of tumblr and got big and they didn't. Given what's left of the ol' circular firing squad turned into young adult author twitter doing its best impression of a knife fight in a phone booth, I really think there's still the attitude where if you cancel someone you somehow gain their clout Highlander style.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They want to be mad, and they'll look for any excuse to do it. Tumblr idpol pretty infamously lets you excoriate anything for any reason thanks to impossible and contradictory standards.

I do get the feeling that a lot of people have a particular axe to grind with Viv simple because she came out of tumblr and got big and they didn't. Given what's left of the ol' circular firing squad turned into young adult author twitter doing its best impression of a knife fight in a phone booth, I really think there's still the attitude where if you cancel someone you somehow gain their clout Highlander style.

I don't like getting into it because it feels a bit sycophantic to say sometimes but I really have noticed they do come across as frighteningly bitter and jealous that she made it. Like the constant redesigns and rewrites and "I'm saving this character from being in her poo poo show!" takes are really something else. Ask one why they don't do something else with their life if they hate it so much and they'll call you a Viv dickrider. And yes that is the term most frequently used. I genuinely hope they don't behave like this in real life.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Those kinds of people don't really go out into real life.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Macaluso posted:

Fortnite released a new emote. It's a little dance with a cartoony scythe that has like a one eyed cat devil face on it. The funny thing is that it uses an old Hazbin Hotel fansong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juJkNKodgdE

I do hope they got permission to use it, but also it just makes me want Hazbin/Helluva skins and back blings in Fortnite now

You could say it's..........insane.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

There should be someone above Sera if only because it seems like a waste to have all these named demon lords and not have Michael, Gabriel and all those guys you fight in a given SMT game.

There’s the “elders of heaven” from the opening narration

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

There’s the “elders of heaven” from the opening narration

Ngl I want some archangel Micheal drama seeing as he was Lucifer's twin apparently. That'd make him Charlie's uncle and there's plenty of drama to be milked from that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Honestly, if you’re doing that route, I’d find it hilarious if she just hired the same voice actress or hell any of them from that show. Just make people brain veins pop. That or Mia farrow or h John Benjamin.

Flopsy posted:

I don't like getting into it because it feels a bit sycophantic to say sometimes but I really have noticed they do come across as frighteningly bitter and jealous that she made it. Like the constant redesigns and rewrites and "I'm saving this character from being in her poo poo show!" takes are really something else. Ask one why they don't do something else with their life if they hate it so much and they'll call you a Viv dickrider. And yes that is the term most frequently used. I genuinely hope they don't behave like this in real life.

Crain posted:

Those kinds of people don't really go out into real life.

It’s partly tumblr jealousy stuff but a lot of is just animation fandoms tend to be loving insane and socially stupid. A lot of it is because it’s kids and also people like mister enter or etc who are all socially stunted weirdos who stopped aging mentally and socially around maybe 15. You get alot of insane hosed up poo poo and it used to be way way worse back when Steven universe or mlp or etc was still at peak.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Honestly, if you’re doing that route, I’d find it hilarious if she just hired the same voice actress or hell any of them from that show. Just make people brain veins pop. That or Mia farrow or h John Benjamin.

And now I'm picturing God being basically The Master from Venture Bros. Probably perfect.

I do wonder if we'll get Lucifer acknowledging that Vaggie's an exorcist. I do get the feeling it's equally likely he's oblivious (he IS pretty wrapped up in himself) or thought it was obvious, and either way pays it no particular mind because it's not like he's one to judge. Or it's anywhere near the first fallen angel he's seen, going by the theories that the Sins and/or the Goetia are also fallen angels who came down with him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think the Sins were born from Hell itself, given they created the hellborn

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Since 2019 I'll remember the pilot and Google 'Hazbin Hotel release date' once or twice a year to disappoint myself.

Today I did not disappoint myself!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now I'm picturing God being basically The Master from Venture Bros. Probably perfect.

I do wonder if we'll get Lucifer acknowledging that Vaggie's an exorcist. I do get the feeling it's equally likely he's oblivious (he IS pretty wrapped up in himself) or thought it was obvious, and either way pays it no particular mind because it's not like he's one to judge. Or it's anywhere near the first fallen angel he's seen, going by the theories that the Sins and/or the Goetia are also fallen angels who came down with him.

https://voca.ro/1akG0BgjPUS0
exclusive leaked recording of charlie meeting god.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

It would be kind of weird if the only angel that had fallen after Lucifer would be Vaggie, especially as Sera was also worried that Emily might fall if she started questioning things too much. Lucifer's obviously the big one, but Sera at least seems afraid it could happen again for lesser infractions than Lucifer's as well.

Some guy on reddit also noticed in ep 6 there was a character at the club Angel Dust and co. went to that had a few rather exterminatorish features, X in one eye, similar stitchy smile as on Lute's mask, upside down crosses and just kind of a similar body as on the exterminators.
https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fhur9liml7nhc1.jpeg
She's on the screen for a couple of seconds, Angel Dust bumps into her while making his way towards Valentino.

I'd otherwise think it was probably just a coincidence, but considering Carmine called out X over Vaggie's eye as an obvious sign of her being an angel and the character appearing specifically in the episode dealing with heaven, it could be a subtle bit of foreshadowing if Adam ends up reincarnating as a demon.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

SpiritOfLenin posted:

It would be kind of weird if the only angel that had fallen after Lucifer would be Vaggie, especially as Sera was also worried that Emily might fall if she started questioning things too much. Lucifer's obviously the big one, but Sera at least seems afraid it could happen again for lesser infractions than Lucifer's as well.

Absolutely wild speculation: Alastor, the Radio Demon, dude all about being the voice upheaval, communicating on high from the ephemeral medium over the airwaves, was METATRON. The Voice of God.

And that's why no one in heaven has had any communication with the higher ups in recent memory

(Yeah yeah, he's a Sinner Demon, but...Wibbly wobbly Timey Wimey Demony Wimmeony)

Crain fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 12, 2024

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Some guy on reddit also noticed in ep 6 there was a character at the club Angel Dust and co. went to that had a few rather exterminatorish features, X in one eye, similar stitchy smile as on Lute's mask, upside down crosses and just kind of a similar body as on the exterminators.
https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fhur9liml7nhc1.jpeg
She's on the screen for a couple of seconds, Angel Dust bumps into her while making his way towards Valentino.

I'd otherwise think it was probably just a coincidence, but considering Carmine called out X over Vaggie's eye as an obvious sign of her being an angel and the character appearing specifically in the episode dealing with heaven, it could be a subtle bit of foreshadowing if Adam ends up reincarnating as a demon.

I'm actually kinda rooting for Adam to reemerge in hell. He's a fun character and being reborn as a sinner would kick off a really interesting character arc. Especially if he has to be on the other end of an extermination and see what it's like.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Flopsy posted:

I'm actually kinda rooting for Adam to reemerge in hell. He's a fun character and being reborn as a sinner would kick off a really interesting character arc. Especially if he has to be on the other end of an extermination and see what it's like.

He'd start off either thinking he wouldn't be touched or that he's still king dick lord of gently caress mountain and fight back. Either way he's going to stomped and Hotel staff would save him. Leading him to joining up and being mercilessly bullied by everyone except Charlie.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://voca.ro/1akG0BgjPUS0
exclusive leaked recording of charlie meeting god.

10/10 imagined aqua teen hunger force animation

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Flopsy posted:

If Adam becomes a demon, there will 100% be a scene where he'll come face to face with Lute and that should certainly be one spicy scene. Especially if Lute's primary driving motivation next season is revenge for Adam.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Annointed posted:

10/10 imagined aqua teen hunger force animation

i can do some ok impressions and i am proud of my McGuirk.

https://voca.ro/19eL5V3utxRV

I do take requests.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I'm pretty sure the exterminations (as full-scale military invasions, possibly not as wildcat vigilante murders) are completely over and done with after this. The Exorcists suffered massive casualties, their leader (and most powerful member by a very wide margin) is dead, and Lucifer himself showed up to lay down the law.

Adam's just going to be relentlessly bullied by his fellow demons as a fresh scrub sinner in the slums of the Pride Ring.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I've caught up with Helluva Boss and noticed the last available episode is a mid-season special, do we know when the second half of the season is coming out?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pik_d posted:

I've caught up with Helluva Boss and noticed the last available episode is a mid-season special, do we know when the second half of the season is coming out?

maybe guess is april. maybe late march.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure the exterminations (as full-scale military invasions, possibly not as wildcat vigilante murders) are completely over and done with after this. The Exorcists suffered massive casualties, their leader (and most powerful member by a very wide margin) is dead, and Lucifer himself showed up to lay down the law.

Adam's just going to be relentlessly bullied by his fellow demons as a fresh scrub sinner in the slums of the Pride Ring.

Works for me!

pik_d posted:

April this year I believe. Helluva boss and Hazbin Hotel have a sort of tag team going on to keep viewers engaged.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

HB should be back by the summer at the latest, though we might not see Hazbin again until 2025 or at the very least winter of this year (I believe they just started recording for Season 2 not too long ago)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

The Last Call posted:

I had the impression that Alastor was upset people would view him as potentially dying for a group of people as if he was their actual friend.

This is probably right, but it's a shame because "Alastor Altruist" is a loving great name for a serial killer.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Oh cool, not too far. Is there any fear that Helluva Boss will be shunted to Prime at some point?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

pik_d posted:

Oh cool, not too far. Is there any fear that Helluva Boss will be shunted to Prime at some point?

Oh hell no, Helluva Boss is written by Brandon Rogers and Vivienne as a joint project. He'd have to agree to it too and I don't think they'd like having to adhere to Amazon's episode scheduling.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

pik_d posted:

Besides the above, Amazon, like most publishers, abhor content that has already been previously publicly available.

HH was different because it was just a pilot created specifically for publicly shopping it around. And even then they didn't include the pilot on their service even though there are elements of it being treated as cannon. HB has two seasons (well, 1.5) that have been on YouTube for years already.

Best/Worst case they simply make a deal to include specific characters in HH.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Yeah I'm a big sucker for crossover stuff, but it is nice that Helluva Boss is closer to a slice of (criminal) life than Hazbin Hotel's established arc of heaven vs hell.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

pik_d posted:

Yeah I'm a big sucker for crossover stuff, but it is nice that Helluva Boss is closer to a slice of (criminal) life than Hazbin Hotel's established arc of heaven vs hell.

Honestly hoping for at least a little character crossover. The seven deadly sins are interesting characters and it would make sense Lucifer has to talk with them at some point or another. Don't think it's coincidence that quite a few voice actors on Helluva Boss are also present in Hazbin. makes it easier to negotiate appearances I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
If god is a horse then the only person who could possibly play them would obviously have to be Jason Steele a.k.a. Filmcow of Charlie the Unicorn fame.