Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

We’re doing some dips, a whipped feta and scallion dip, guacamole, and chili cheese. Just me and the fam this time, so I’ll probably be eating dip for the rest of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Leperflesh posted:

what are y'all making for super bowl food

my mother in law is coming over and she's diabetic so I'm broiling some salmon, gonna make some rice on the side that she can skip, maybe some salad or something, and we've got chips and salsa, carrots & celery & a homemade "ranch" dip (greek yogurt base), and we'll probably make some popcorn

I used to always make hot wings but my wife can't eat them any more due to the diarrhea so salmon will have to do

I like buffalo cauliflower and that may be ok for your wife (unless the trigger is fried or spicy food)?

I'm sightseeing around Ft. Collins so no Super Bowl for me. :negative:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My mom sent us a giant cheesecake a few days ago. We broke out the fryer to do wings and battered cheese curds, so we reserved some pancake batter from breakfast this morning that we will use to deep fry chunks of cheesecake which will then be drizzled in melted chocolate. Also some buffalo chicken dip, meat and cheese tray, and then just a loving fistful of statins and some insulin.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

How was the show after Dynamite? The one I went to in Vegas lasted for Rampage and about 2-3 hours of ROH.

It was pretty good. Just the Rampage taping then Tony came back out to thank Phoenix and heavily hint we'll be getting a PPV. Really, really fun night.

Then I did Open in the rain Thursday, Suns game that night, Duran Duran concert in the super VIP section (my downfall), and then a full day at the Open yesterday in the wild, wild crowd and conditions.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Hot take: I didn't like this season of Fargo nearly as much. Jon Hamm's character was eyeroll-inducing and there was never a realistic chance of him winning / getting away with everything. Also the semi-supernatural aspects didn't land like previous seasons IMO

I think my electric smoker runs a bit low -- I've had an 8 pound pork shoulder in there for 21 hours now and the internal temperature is only at about 196 F (I haven't wrapped the pork).

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I love my smoker. Happy Super Bowl Sunday y'all.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Hot take: I didn't like this season of Fargo nearly as much. Jon Hamm's character was eyeroll-inducing and there was never a realistic chance of him winning / getting away with everything. Also the semi-supernatural aspects didn't land like previous seasons IMO

I think my electric smoker runs a bit low -- I've had an 8 pound pork shoulder in there for 21 hours now and the internal temperature is only at about 196 F (I haven't wrapped the pork).

I liked it more than any other season except maybe the Chris Rock season.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

There is likely your issue. You are around the stall where the meat's working against itself in raising the temperature. Somebody described it best as "the meat is now sweating to cool itself off."

I wrap my meats after the 1st couple hours in the smoker (or at least when it hits around 145-155°F) with butcher paper. I should incorporate adding liquified fat as well.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

There is likely your issue. You are around the stall where the meat's working against itself in raising the temperature. Somebody described it best as "the meat is now sweating to cool itself off."

I wrap my meats after the 1st couple hours in the smoker (or at least when it hits around 145-155°F) with butcher paper. I should incorporate adding liquified fat as well.

Yeah, I normally wrap it up but I've read enough accounts of people online who don't wrap it that I thought "eh I've got the time, might as well try it out". This seems slightly excessive even for not wrapping, but oh well.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Game 2 of the Katowice finals was a loving banger.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Abugadu posted:

There’s a line for an ebook?

For library check outs. I rarely buy e-books since both Seattle and King County public library systems have solid e-book catalogues. Most of my purchases are books I've read before and liked, random things, or comics.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've been reading the frontline series by Marko Kloos and it's great. He churns out books at a great rate so I think the series will be finished before long.

Also the black tongue thief I turned a few goons on to has a sequel coming out soon, so read the first one because it's loving great.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've got an old kobo that's been great, think it's a paperwhite. Anyway it's battery charge don't last a week anymore but it's been like 8 or 10 years I forget how long, I don't think you can replace it (stupid throwaway society)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I know the ereaders have all kinds of benefits but honestly I’m just a Luddite who loves having a book in his hand.

This has been especially frustrating for a lot of my classes because you’re required to have online access for many of your homework assignments but it’s so much harder to scroll through text than it is to flip back and forth in a textbook.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like buffalo cauliflower and that may be ok for your wife (unless the trigger is fried or spicy food)?

I'm sightseeing around Ft. Collins so no Super Bowl for me. :negative:

it's the spicyness that is the issue, she had part of her gut removed a couple years ago and she already had like, gird or whatever, and the combo seems to be the issue

Yeah, I normally wrap it up but I've read enough accounts of people online who don't wrap it that I thought "eh I've got the time, might as well try it out". This seems slightly excessive even for not wrapping, but oh well.

if your meat is at 196, and you just keep cooking it, you're literally turning it into jerky. You won't get it above the boiling temp of water (212) until all the water is gone.
If you meant the smoker temp is at 196 that's pretty low, I try and hit around 250 or so

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I bought a secondhand Kindle a while ago which is great for traveling, but if I'm chilling at home reading I have to give a slight edge to physical books over it.

If we're still talking about what we've read lately, I got into The Locked Tomb series (Gideon the Ninth etc.) over the holidays and they whip rear end. Gothic murder mysteries set in a weird off-brand WH40k universe with mild lesbian subtext.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

For library check outs. I rarely buy e-books since both Seattle and King County public library systems have solid e-book catalogues. Most of my purchases are books I've read before and liked, random things, or comics.

I'm guessing you already know this but Hoopla has a great collection of comics on the e-reader and as long as you stick to the collected editions instead of individual issues you can read a lot before you hit the monthly cap.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Watching a room full of boomers brains short circuit during that Jesus commercial was something else

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Watching a room full of boomers brains short circuit during that Jesus commercial was something else

That poo poo was awful.

My daughter asked us why all those people were washing feet and my wife replied “because they were stinky.”

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

That poo poo was awful.

My daughter asked us why all those people were washing feet and my wife replied “because they were stinky.”

My experience was different. They saw the washing of feet of different backgrounds/religions and one guy was like oh look more liberal woke bullshit and then the Jesus line dropped and they immediately backed down and were like “oh that’s a good message yeah I liked that”

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

My experience was different. They saw the washing of feet of different backgrounds/religions and one guy was like oh look more liberal woke bullshit and then the Jesus line dropped and they immediately backed down and were like “oh that’s a good message yeah I liked that”

:shepicide:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just a reminder :
https://x.com/rollingstone/status/1756752485606199654?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

I, they, uh… what?

How illiterate do you have to be about your religion to not immediately know what a commercial with people washing feet is going to be about?

Also, Twister remake can see itself into the suckzone and disappear.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 12, 2024

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Neil Armbong posted:

I, they, uh… what?

How illiterate do you have to be about your religion to not immediately know what a commercial with people washing feet is going to be about?

Also, Twister remake to see itself into the suckzone and disappear.

American Protestantism is more a vibe than coherent ideology

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Neil Armbong posted:

I, they, uh… what?

Also, Twister remake to see itself into the suckzone and disappear.

That’s American fundamentalist Christianity for you

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I was raised by fundamentalist Presbyterians. That’s like, kindergarten Sunday school material.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

I, they, uh… what?

Also, Twister remake can see itself into the suckzone and disappear.

Lmao like they know anything about their religion

Jesus was a brown man who was liberal as all hell and they would have hated him

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

I, they, uh… what?

There was no mention of tax exemptions so they were lost

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’ll take whatever Bible quiz you throw at me. I may believe bad things and make the world a worse place, but I won’t have anyone saying it’s due to ignorance.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 12, 2024

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

My main takeaway is that modern Jesus would’ve invented wikifeet instead of a cult.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Jesus would be a techbro.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I was sad to learn the game was not Scorigami

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I have no opinion on Mahomes/Taylor/Kelce but any chance I get to see 49ers fans have their hearts broken, I'm there

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’ve really tuned into the NFL the last few months and it’s been quite fun.

Need that Rob Lowe hat though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

I have no opinion on Mahomes/Taylor/Kelce but any chance I get to see 49ers fans have their hearts broken, I'm there

1. gently caress the Falcons
2. gently caress the 49ers
3. gently caress the Cowboys

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any Woody Woodpecker reboots.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Saw Poor Things instead of watching the Super Bowl.

Sounds like I made the better choice.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Poor Things absolutely looks like my thing but I'm waiting until it's on streaming. It also looks like it'll make me cringe and I have a real hard time watching stuff like that in public.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't think Tim's cringe per se but it's definitely weird. But in a good way.

Over in CD somebody described last feeling that type of weirdness from watching Everything Everywhere All At Once, and I can see it.

Movie looks weird, sounds weird, is acted incredibly, is actually funny, and I'd love to see it win Best Picture just to spite Christopher Nolan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Saw Poor Things instead of watching the Super Bowl.

Sounds like I made the better choice.

What the gently caress you're in my town :stare: That was not the first thing I expected to see clicking on the chat thread

I was literally at the Lyric last night for a Valentine's burlesque show with my wife lol