Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Endorph posted:

my experience with kik is that my ex's dad would go on kik every weekend and do nothing but talk to the sexy russian ladies and click every link they sent him and then hed yell about how the kik mods were preventing him from having sexy hookups with russian ladies by giving him viruses, and then i would system restore his laptop for him and the first thing hed do is go back on kik to talk to more sexy russian ladies

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Endorph posted:

my experience with kik is that my ex's dad would go on kik every weekend and do nothing but talk to the sexy russian ladies and click every link they sent him and then hed yell about how the kik mods were preventing him from having sexy hookups with russian ladies by giving him viruses, and then i would system restore his laptop for him and the first thing hed do is go back on kik to talk to more sexy russian ladies

pretty good summary of the cybersecurity field

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Endorph posted:

he has the heart of a warrior

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think kik was a social media platform that exclusively existed for scammers on dating sites

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
kik was just a messaging client and was used a lot circa 2010-2012ish or later idk in the online gay community as a better alternative to whatever internal messaging system the dating apps had. My and friend I had it but had no one else on it so we ended up just using it as a fancy exclusive way of texting eachother.

I've never encountered any beautiful russian hacker women

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Stux posted:

u had a meltdown bcos symbolic probated you in adtrw for asking about made in abyss. youer a weird self centred freak who is also unable to read a room and unfortunately you can only be one of these without it becoming instantly annoying to everyone else. gomen.

this. stop being a weird little freak who keeps bringing up weird poo poo and trying to insert themselves into everything thats why everyone finds you offputting not because they're secret chuds or doxxers

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this. stop being a weird little freak who keeps bringing up weird poo poo and trying to insert themselves into everything thats why everyone finds you offputting not because they're secret chuds or doxxers

even if i am also those things

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i want to talk to the sexy russian ladies

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
can I Kik it

absolutely not

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Da. I will talk to you. You buy me an Amazon gift card

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my name katya and i very love american men ))))))

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am old AF and I still laugh and banana phone.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

based

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

Dudes rock

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

durgesh is a king

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

godspeed boys

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Plant MONSTER. posted:

kik was just a messaging client and was used a lot circa 2010-2012ish or later idk in the online gay community as a better alternative to whatever internal messaging system the dating apps had. My and friend I had it but had no one else on it so we ended up just using it as a fancy exclusive way of texting eachother.

I've never encountered any beautiful russian hacker women

yeah if you were on tumblr around then a bunch of people would post their kik handle, made a few friends that way

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Southern Cassowary posted:

yeah if you were on tumblr around then a bunch of people would post their kik handle, made a few friends that way

I was gonna say tumblr but I didn't want to admit to it

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

"i did not find 13 yr old Manisha"

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation

Crescent Wrench posted:

"i did not find 13 yr old Manisha"

to be fair that could be a 10 year old indian kid

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

durgesh is a king

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Heyyyyyyyy russian lady
Op op op op oppa virus style

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Heyyyyyyyy russian lady
Op op op op oppa virus style

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It reminds me that I have an acquaintance who's a journalist but, tbh not a very good one, and one time he posted on Facebook pictures of him and a random good samaritan who looks like he wants to be out of the camera. It was about how he was driving down a highway and this guy on a motorbike was good enough to warn him his car tyre was creating sparks and they stopped and this guy brought him to a mechanic to fix it.

It was meant to be a feel good story but the comments were full of "bro you got scammed lmao".

It turns out the motorcycle guy was part of a team of people at the time who would throw fire crackers at gullible people's cars and then get them to "fix" it at an exorbitant price, and my acquaintance had accidentally revealed in his photos one of the team leads and the mechanic in question, which ultimately became police evidence to shut the gang down.

The journalist would later try to spin it as him being in the know the whole time but not one single person bought his story

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

:kstare:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thank you Manisha

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Durgesh: bro, adult breasts? Game changer

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Plant MONSTER. posted:

People who read/watch Dungeon Meshi, how disappointed would Senshi be with your eating habits?

he'd yell at me and i'd cry

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It reminds me that I have an acquaintance who's a journalist but, tbh not a very good one, and one time he posted on Facebook pictures of him and a random good samaritan who looks like he wants to be out of the camera. It was about how he was driving down a highway and this guy on a motorbike was good enough to warn him his car tyre was creating sparks and they stopped and this guy brought him to a mechanic to fix it.

It was meant to be a feel good story but the comments were full of "bro you got scammed lmao".

It turns out the motorcycle guy was part of a team of people at the time who would throw fire crackers at gullible people's cars and then get them to "fix" it at an exorbitant price, and my acquaintance had accidentally revealed in his photos one of the team leads and the mechanic in question, which ultimately became police evidence to shut the gang down.

The journalist would later try to spin it as him being in the know the whole time but not one single person bought his story

lollll. thats pretty good. reminds me of that 'hitchhiking robot' where the idea was that it would be cool if people picked up this metal statue while they were on their way some where and take it with then drop it off for the next person. it made it like all over the world until it got to philly then it got the loving poo poo kicked out of it and destroyed lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

lollll. thats pretty good. reminds me of that 'hitchhiking robot' where the idea was that it would be cool if people picked up this metal statue while they were on their way some where and take it with then drop it off for the next person. it made it like all over the world until it got to philly then it got the loving poo poo kicked out of it and destroyed lmfao

Lol I remember that story. Philly doesn’t gently caress around

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

insane anime posted:

HitchBOT Was A Literal Pile Of Trash And Got What It Deserved

Warning: very 2015 writing within

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i just remembered the second part of that "good samaritan" story - this was during the time where the meme/news sites - think buzzfeed but more localised - were becoming big. He posted on his Facebook that his story got picked up by one of those sites and he was so happy and proud that it was now a PSA for the people etc etc etc, and then one of the comments by a (better) journalist asked, "bro i'm so happy for you, how much did the site pay you i hope you get a $ per click arrangement" and he responded with "what"

yeah he got fleeced

He would then try to start his own buzzfeed-like with his wife but that went down like a lead balloon because (cw: depiction of sexual assault) they wrote a story about how when they were journalists in the mainstream papers it felt like they were sacrificing their principles to the higher-ups, but then they made it as a metaphor to rape, and the article included an illustration of his wife having a microphone forcibly pushed up her vagina. This did not go well with fellow journalists/writers especially women, and someone who was an SA victim told them how the story was disrespectful and awful. They wrote a second (!) article in response to this criticism and made the SA victim's the centrepiece of the narrative, which would have been maybe fine if they didn't also try to justify their SA metaphor (!) and alluded that the SA victim was gatekeeping SA metaphors (!!!!!!!!). I think the site is still around and floundering, but yeah this is a big reason why i call him an "acquaintance" and not a "friend".

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Philly rules

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Good soup! posted:

Philly rules

insert move closer to your world video here.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

insane anime posted:

lol show video

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol show video

Sadly, the video that exists of it getting murdered is pretty hard to make anything out with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERr2gqqM4i8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

insert move closer to your world video here.

it's so good lol