Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

DropTheAnvil posted:

I think I'm having problems making a team to fight all 3 monsters and getting exhausted.

Was fighting Ardor Blossom Star, while getting the Toad and Skin prophet under par, but found I was lacking slash.
What I did was just make sure the team I switched in at the healing node was so heavily slash based I'd have a decent amount for Ardor Blossom Star. If you're lacking slash, you might need to go back and switch things up and fight the other two again.

Question for people who are going for turn count even if I'm not - if you go back to a node like that and push on, does your new turn count automatically overwrite the ones you had, or does it keep the lowest? If I decided to retry Ahab and the Ahabs before moving on to Gasharpoon, then gave up on that retry, could I still move forward as long as I didn't rewind to a node?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

What I did was just make sure the team I switched in at the healing node was so heavily slash based I'd have a decent amount for Ardor Blossom Star. If you're lacking slash, you might need to go back and switch things up and fight the other two again.

Question for people who are going for turn count even if I'm not - if you go back to a node like that and push on, does your new turn count automatically overwrite the ones you had, or does it keep the lowest? If I decided to retry Ahab and the Ahabs before moving on to Gasharpoon, then gave up on that retry, could I still move forward as long as I didn't rewind to a node?

Haven't done it myself but iirc from the tutorial it doesn't keep your high score, if you redo the Ahab's Angels and take longer this time your turn count will be the longer one if you finish the fight

Which makes sense cause otherwise you could just blitz every fight then redo them super conservatively and stock up on resources and such

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 10, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

it's a relaxed drive down a country road until you smash into the wile e. coyote painted tunnel

Then I'll just take a page out of Ahab's book and once again, the fault lies within Project Moon :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
i did a coin breakdown for statistic purposes:

Yi Sang Coins:
IDs with 6 coins: 6 (LCB, Seven, Blade Lineage, WARP, Molar, Pequod)
IDs with 9 coins: 2 (Spicebush, Dieci)

Faust Coins:
IDs with 5 coins: 1 (LCB)
IDs with 6 coins: 2 (LobCorp Remnant, WARP)
IDs with 7 coins: 2 (Zwei, Regret)
IDs with 8 coins: 2 (N Corp, Seven)

Don Quixote Coins:
IDs with 4 coins: 1 (Shi)
IDs with 5 coins: 1 (LCB)
IDs with 6 coins: 2 (N Corp, Cinq)
IDs with 7 coins: 1 (Lantern)
IDs with 8 coins: 1 (Middle)
IDs with 9 coins: 1 (WARP)

Ryoshu Coins:
5 coins: 2 (Seven, Kurokumo)
6 coins: 2 (LCB, LCCB)
9 Coins: 1 (Chef)
10 coins: 1 (WARP)

Meursault Coins:
6 coins: 1 (N Corp)
7 coins: 5 (LCB, Liu, Rhino, Rosespanner, Middle)
8 coins: 1 (WARP)

Hong Lu Coins:
5 coins: 3 (LCB, Tingtang, K Corp)
6 coins: 3 (Kurokumo, Liu, WARP)
7 coins: 1 (Dieci)
9 coins: 1 (Hook)

Heathcliff Coins:
4 coins: 1 (Shi)
5 coins: 1 (LCB)
6 coins: 1 (N Corp)
7 coins: 1 (Seven)
9 coins: 1 (Pequod)
10 coins: 1 (Sunshower)
12 coins: 1 (Rabbit)

Ishmael Coins:
3 coins: 1 (LCB)
4 coins: 1 (Sloshing)
6 coins: 1 (Shi)
7 coins: 2 (Reindeer, Molar)
8 coins: 1 (LCCB)
9 coins: 2 (Liu, Pequod)

Rodion coins:
4 coins: 1 (Kurokumo)
5 coins: 1 (LCCB)
7 coins: 3 (LCB, N Corp, Zwei)
8 coins: 1 (N Corp)
11 coins: 1 (Dieci)

Sinclair coins:
4 coins: 1 (Zwei)
6 coins: 3 (Mariachi, Blade Lineage, Red Sheet)
7 coins: 1 (LCB)
8 coins: 2 (Molar, Cinq)
9 coins: 1 (N Corp)

Outis Coins:
3 coins: 1 (G Corp)
5 coins: 3 (Blade Lineage, Cinq, Magic Bullet)
6 coins: 2 (LCB, Seven)
8 coins: 1 (Molar)

Gregor Coins:
4 coins: 1 (LCB)
6 coins: 2 (Rosespanner, Pirate)
7 coins: 2 (G Corp, Chef)
9 coins: 2 (Liu, Zwei)

In Total:
3 coins: 2
4 coins: 6
5 coins: 12
6 coins: 25
7 coins: 18
8 coins: 9
9 coins: 11
10 coins: 2
11 coins: 1
12 coins: 1

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I beat the 2nd part of RR

Moth was the hardest fight, had to carefully mange ego so that Yi Sang could fight off its AOE with Dimension Shredder, and even had W corp Don Rip Shred against its aoe.

Team Comp:

Cinq Clair -- For damage and Had Lantern ego for healing
Big Eater Lady Dieci Association - For damage and tanking. She redirected a few attacks and hit against enemy weakness
Hong Yu Dieci Association - Mainly for damage. Also for Dimension Shredder Ego
Katana Lady: W corp -- For slashing Damage
Faust The One Who Grips -- For damage against the pearl boss, and for healing ego Sack
Yi Sing Spicebush -- Wow, was MVP. Needed him for the Skin sack fight and using his five weight ego. Also used his Dimension Shredder against the Moth
Also has RB Sous Chef Gregor in the back line for support.

Now to smash my face against part 3

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 10, 2024

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

how much voiced dialogue is in Ruina? I'm learning the language and want to hear it being spoken, but most games I'm interested in don't have a Korean option.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

how much voiced dialogue is in Ruina? I'm learning the language and want to hear it being spoken, but most games I'm interested in don't have a Korean option.

pretty much all dialogue is voiced.

*edit - just realized this doesn't actually answer your question lmao. there's a lot, I mean

YES bread fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 10, 2024

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

cool thanks

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Just have Spiral of Contempt left! Gasharpoon was a pushover as long as I read up on each stage, but I suspect the difficulty there is in trying to crunch her down in minimal turns since she's a three stage battle.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

bees x1000 posted:

It's a game that has a LOT of text, it's basically a visual novel, and all of it is voiced. Limbus Company was in the same boat until the end of last year, where they relented and had to have events without voice acting due to time constraints. The main story and major events are all voice acted, however.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

bees x1000 posted:

cool thanks

the switch version of ruina will have english voice overs

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

battles aren't voiced but almost everything else is

PetraCore posted:

Just have Spiral of Contempt left! Gasharpoon was a pushover as long as I read up on each stage, but I suspect the difficulty there is in trying to crunch her down in minimal turns since she's a three stage battle.

Yeah she took me a good while, she has so much health to chew through

e: I was also kind of vibing to the mili song and only remembered I was on a timer halfway through which didn't help

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 10, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

DropTheAnvil posted:

the switch version of ruina will have english voice overs

No? As far as I can tell it's only getting a JP dub, not an english one.

Also cleared the second part of RR3, 40 turns total now so I have a lot of leeway for the banner. Turns out the guide was right, as long as you read and have a strong EGO ABS ain't a problem, specially when your Gloom DPS shred its wings.

Now it's time for We Don't Talk About Pequod Town, from what I gathered switching to HarpoonHeath and Ahabmael is ideal here? Would you say Spicebrush or Pequod Yi Sang performs better? Besides that I guess I bring WRyoshu (cause Pride and Envy and also Forest), ShooterOutis (lots of Pride and AOE) and NFaust for support or Cinqlair for more Pride Pierce? Then I'd look who gives good support passives for the rest.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

battles aren't voiced but almost everything else is
Yeah, I would say a huge amount of the content in the game aside from the battles you play are vocal conversations between characters, and the voice acting is really really good. There's also lore chunks in written pages you pick up from enemies, but if you want to practice spoken Korean, it seems like a really good choice.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

It probably represents Carmen playing God in some form but it doesn't quite fit in that it's a very "chosen will be saved" doctrine while Carmen wants to save(and "save" post-braintube) everyone. Either way I think people tend to inflate it's importance a bit just because it's really strong.
I would say in my personal opinion WhiteNight is cool but doesn't feel strongly personal to Carmen, unlike, say, Bloodbath. It's definitely themed on, everything going on there, but it feels to me like it's got a lot of perspectives folded in vs Bloodbath very explicitly being tied to Carmen's suicide and the depression and despair that influenced her decision making even if she technically survived the event.

I think it's really fun that even while Carmen's acting as an antagonistic force now, she still does genuinely want the best for everyone, she's just got a terrible loving metric for what's best.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Lord_Magmar posted:

All the final bosses of the Railways are Themed after specific World Religions so far. Given we've had Buddhism (My Form Empties) and Christianity (Sign of Roses).

This one is no different.

Wait, what religion is hands?

Anyway, Ardor Blossom Moth is PAINFUL. I'm sure that in the inevitability that I manage to make it past That loving Moth Ahab will be just as much of a PITA if not more but at least I get to listen to her voice while she beats me up and she's one of my fave characters so far. That said, considering I was barely keeping track of Burn, things might be sliiiiightly less painful if I do...

Still significantly better than the nightmare that was Mobius lol. I didn't even finish it. I just couldn't with that loving steam machine.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Finished with a count of 114, which is... significantly better than I expected!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

t3isukone posted:

Wait, what religion is hands?

Anyway, Ardor Blossom Moth is PAINFUL. I'm sure that in the inevitability that I manage to make it past That loving Moth Ahab will be just as much of a PITA if not more but at least I get to listen to her voice while she beats me up and she's one of my fave characters so far. That said, considering I was barely keeping track of Burn, things might be sliiiiightly less painful if I do...

Still significantly better than the nightmare that was Mobius lol. I didn't even finish it. I just couldn't with that loving steam machine.

It's ritualistic blood-sacrifice stuff, the position the abnormality is in with the hands up is very much an "offering to god/receiving from god" thing. MFE and Sign of Roses aren't exactly just the one religion, they're a mix of influences from similar religions but fairly clearly Buddhism and Christianity at some base level. So Spiral of Contempt is somewhat similar, but I'd place it as a variation of the whole Mayan Ritualistic Sacrifice stuff that literature/films/video games love. Even from a mechanical standpoint, you have to offer up a Sinner as Sacrifice to get anywhere (let them get hit by the specific attack and then you can do the event). The Sinner Logs for it also describe it as judging everyone and everything, which works from a "judgement of heaven/divinity" angle.

Saying specific World Religions was wrong, but the religious theming for the final bosses of the Railways is very obvious to me. Which is probably why if we see Plague Doctor/White Night at all, it'll be as a Railway final boss.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 11, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's ritualistic blood-sacrifice stuff, the position the abnormality is in with the hands up is very much an "offering to god/receiving from god" thing. MFE and Sign of Roses aren't exactly just the one religion, they're a mix of influences from similar religions but fairly clearly Buddhism and Christianity at some base level. So Spiral of Contempt is somewhat similar, but I'd place it as a variation of the whole Mayan Ritualistic Sacrifice stuff that literature/films/video games love. Even from a mechanical standpoint, you have to offer up a Sinner as Sacrifice to get anywhere (let them get hit by the specific attack and then you can do the event). The Sinner Logs for it also describe it as judging everyone and everything, which works from a "judgement of heaven/divinity" angle.

Saying specific World Religions was wrong, but the religious theming for the final bosses of the Railways is very obvious to me. Which is probably why if we see Plague Doctor/White Night at all, it'll be as a Railway final boss.
If you wanted to tie it back to Christianity, maybe it's God telling Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

No? As far as I can tell it's only getting a JP dub, not an english one.

Also cleared the second part of RR3, 40 turns total now so I have a lot of leeway for the banner. Turns out the guide was right, as long as you read and have a strong EGO ABS ain't a problem, specially when your Gloom DPS shred its wings.

Now it's time for We Don't Talk About Pequod Town, from what I gathered switching to HarpoonHeath and Ahabmael is ideal here? Would you say Spicebrush or Pequod Yi Sang performs better? Besides that I guess I bring WRyoshu (cause Pride and Envy and also Forest), ShooterOutis (lots of Pride and AOE) and NFaust for support or Cinqlair for more Pride Pierce? Then I'd look who gives good support passives for the rest.

NFaust probably isn't a good idea, the first wave of the Ahab fight features the annoying monster clashers of Pequod Town and, on top of not being able to clash for poo poo, if she catches a stray hit she's dead. Sinking is really good vs Ahab but you kinda need Rime Shank to facilitate it fast enough to deny Queeg turns.

Queecliff is alright but this fight is more about burst damage(for both sides) than slugging it out which he doesn't really excel in. If he manages to survive through his first stagger he'll be golden but R is generally better for nuking Starbuck ASAP. That said someone's gotta take the hits so it might as well be him, just make sure he's not staggered during it since his first threshold is very early.

Cinqlair is ideal, N Sinclair is also very good.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Finally got to the end of MDH3. I did my best to avoid fighting the crabs on the bottom floor and got lucky enough to roll a bunch of peccatulae fights and abnormality events, as well as Faelantern being the final boss. Charge team stay winning.

Yinlock posted:

NFaust probably isn't a good idea, the first wave of the Ahab fight features the annoying monster clashers of Pequod Town and, on top of not being able to clash for poo poo, if she catches a stray hit she's dead. Sinking is really good vs Ahab but you kinda need Rime Shank to facilitate it fast enough to deny Queeg turns.

Queecliff is alright but this fight is more about burst damage(for both sides) than slugging it out which he doesn't really excel in. If he manages to survive through his first stagger he'll be golden but R is generally better for nuking Starbuck ASAP. That said someone's gotta take the hits so it might as well be him, just make sure he's not staggered during it since his first threshold is very early.

Cinqlair is ideal, N Sinclair is also very good.

I used K Hong Lu as my tank, but Pequiff would probably take hits just as well and do more damage because of that one passive.

I still haven't done the GasHarpoon fight because some people on my team got beat up pretty badly and it'll take some thought to decide who to bring. Should I focus on hitting her weaknesses, or bringing people who can survive her counterattacks? When I get to the rest stop, how many dead sinners come back? Is it just one (I have exactly one) or all of them?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Solitair posted:

I used K Hong Lu as my tank, but Pequiff would probably take hits just as well and do more damage because of that one passive.

I still haven't done the GasHarpoon fight because some people on my team got beat up pretty badly and it'll take some thought to decide who to bring. Should I focus on hitting her weaknesses, or bringing people who can survive her counterattacks? When I get to the rest stop, how many dead sinners come back? Is it just one (I have exactly one) or all of them?
All dead sinners come back, it's a full refresh. I'd focus on bringing sinners you know can clash well, and don't be afraid to lose a few sinners, just, you know... try not to lose them until the very last phase, where the counterattacks come out. Once you burn down her ego stacks, she gets staggered in each phase, so it's less about doing massive damage before then and more about being able to crunch her stacks fast and then hitting with everything you have when she's staggered.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

All dead sinners come back, it's a full refresh. I'd focus on bringing sinners you know can clash well, and don't be afraid to lose a few sinners, just, you know... try not to lose them until the very last phase, where the counterattacks come out. Once you burn down her ego stacks, she gets staggered in each phase, so it's less about doing massive damage before then and more about being able to crunch her stacks fast and then hitting with everything you have when she's staggered.

Also unless you're pierce-weak or already damaged the counterattacks don't really hit that hard. You obviously want to stop her from doing so many of them ASAP but you can take a round or two of counters and be fine

Solitair posted:

K Hong is the ideal yeah, I assumed they didn't have him since they were considering Peqliff instead

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Yinlock posted:

The video guide someone posted suggested you stagger QueeCliff during round 1 of the fight, then heal him. Also using Body Sack helps with the sin resist. Works wonders for me.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm thinking about power in the City and something I'm just idly wondering about.

While we don't have a concrete timeframe for how quickly the events of Library of Ruina take place over, it is noted that the Library's ability to assimilate experience and power from its guests is the reason it rises so quickly. It takes the body of anyone who loses, mods and bionic gear and equipment and all, and copies their experiences and techniques into the Pages (and then you add in Abnormality support and EGO on top).

Obviously without the cash to buy strong weapons, good clothing/armor, and other power boosters like tattoos, Singularity-based equipment, and the like, you won't advance far as a Fixer or a Syndicate member, but it's also been made clear that experience/skill/technique/training is also important, too.

Hell, that's the reason R Corp is so effective: they speed up the acquisition of combat skill by speedrunning training in a life-or-death battle royale against a billion of yourself.

But I don't think that we've seen any big way outside of that. There hasn't been any equivalent of those scenes from the Matrix where Trinity asks Tank for the program to pilot a helicopter or anything like that. The exceptions being the Library stealing the techniques of anyone who comes across it, and Limbus's IDs, where you borrow the combat skill of an alternate you who led a different life.

Do you think there's any like, meaning to that? Or maybe PM just hasn't really thought of anything along those lines outside of what's relevant to their own game's lore and story.

I do remember someone saying that there's a mention of a 'suicide vending machine' as one of N Corp's most successful products in Distortion Detective, is that presented as a complete nonsequitor or is there any explanation of that because my though when I heard that is that it's just one of those booths from Futurama that Bender cheats with his coin on a string, but someone said that it lets you survive, it just gives you a memory of attempting/commiting suicide so you can get catharsis and move on with your life or something to that effect, is that made-up/extrapolation or how it's explained?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

N Corp's big business is the selling of memories and canned experiences. So they're not selling something that kills you, they're selling the experience of dying (nonlethally).

Still hosed up, though.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

I'm thinking about power in the City and something I'm just idly wondering about.

While we don't have a concrete timeframe for how quickly the events of Library of Ruina take place over, it is noted that the Library's ability to assimilate experience and power from its guests is the reason it rises so quickly. It takes the body of anyone who loses, mods and bionic gear and equipment and all, and copies their experiences and techniques into the Pages (and then you add in Abnormality support and EGO on top).

Obviously without the cash to buy strong weapons, good clothing/armor, and other power boosters like tattoos, Singularity-based equipment, and the like, you won't advance far as a Fixer or a Syndicate member, but it's also been made clear that experience/skill/technique/training is also important, too.

Hell, that's the reason R Corp is so effective: they speed up the acquisition of combat skill by speedrunning training in a life-or-death battle royale against a billion of yourself.

But I don't think that we've seen any big way outside of that. There hasn't been any equivalent of those scenes from the Matrix where Trinity asks Tank for the program to pilot a helicopter or anything like that. The exceptions being the Library stealing the techniques of anyone who comes across it, and Limbus's IDs, where you borrow the combat skill of an alternate you who led a different life.

Do you think there's any like, meaning to that? Or maybe PM just hasn't really thought of anything along those lines outside of what's relevant to their own game's lore and story.

I do remember someone saying that there's a mention of a 'suicide vending machine' as one of N Corp's most successful products in Distortion Detective, is that presented as a complete nonsequitor or is there any explanation of that because my though when I heard that is that it's just one of those booths from Futurama that Bender cheats with his coin on a string, but someone said that it lets you survive, it just gives you a memory of attempting/commiting suicide so you can get catharsis and move on with your life or something to that effect, is that made-up/extrapolation or how it's explained?
EGO. And Distortion, by extension. Not only does EGO give you superpowers but it also gives you the skills to back it up, which IIRC was noted as something rather unique amongst augmentation technologies.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

Also unless you're pierce-weak or already damaged the counterattacks don't really hit that hard. You obviously want to stop her from doing so many of them ASAP but you can take a round or two of counters and be fine

K Hong is the ideal yeah, I assumed they didn't have him since they were considering Peqliff instead

Oh I do have him (like everything else, as a d1 player I have 1000+ boxes) but

DropTheAnvil posted:

The video guide someone posted suggested you stagger QueeCliff during round 1 of the fight, then heal him. Also using Body Sack helps with the sin resist. Works wonders for me.

Yeah this was the idea. And given Queecliff deals more damage the less HP he has he can help burst Starbucks with his Envy Pierce skills. But I do guess NFaust ain't ideal, it was mostly that she has Pride and Envy pierce and Gaze to debuff even further.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

GilliamYaeger posted:

EGO. And Distortion, by extension. Not only does EGO give you superpowers but it also gives you the skills to back it up, which IIRC was noted as something rather unique amongst augmentation technologies.

Fair enough on that point, good reminder.

Quackles posted:

N Corp's big business is the selling of memories and canned experiences. So they're not selling something that kills you, they're selling the experience of dying (nonlethally).

Still hosed up, though.

N Corp probably makes big bank loaning out "Fought a squad of Thumb members loaded up with ammunition and survived" and the like to Fixers about to embark on big missions they have intel on in advance, then.

That also actually gives Hermann a bit of an explanation for why she wanted Yi Sang to destroy the multiverse-she probably viewed it as competition, seeing as how Yi Sang was getting advice/guidance from an alternate version of himself.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
When the winning attack of a clash loses coins in the process, is there any way to tell which coins are dropped from the attack? Some effects are tied to a specific coin, and I'm curious to know if it's random or you have to get a perfect win to have the final coin's effects trigger.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Solitair posted:

When the winning attack of a clash loses coins in the process, is there any way to tell which coins are dropped from the attack? Some effects are tied to a specific coin, and I'm curious to know if it's random or you have to get a perfect win to have the final coin's effects trigger.

You lose the coins first to last.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Junpei posted:

That also actually gives Hermann a bit of an explanation for why she wanted Yi Sang to destroy the multiverse-she probably viewed it as competition, seeing as how Yi Sang was getting advice/guidance from an alternate version of himself.
I assume it's a combination of that, feeling threatened by the fact that if they can figure out a way to influence the multiverse, the multiverse can figure out a way to influence them, and feeling threatened by the lack of control she (and N Corp by extension) can enforce on the limitless possibilities of the multiverse. After all, if Yi Sang could figure out a way to destroy the multiverse, who's to say there's not Yi Sangs in enough multiverses working on the same thing? If the universe she lives in is just one of many and not special in any way, what does that say about her?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
managed to get 97, with scores of 7-10-7-7-7-6-10-15-14-13. Gasharpoon being the only failure, and given that my team wiped at 16 turns because I lost momentum in phase 3 and never got it back, I just restarted instead of continuing.

Outis was great for a number of fights, completely unrelated to her actual clashing ability, simply because she has both sunshower and ebony stem. Skin prophet is pretty easy if you just alternate fluid sac and ebony stem to light and then extinguish the candles, since that'll get 6:5 to happen.

I followed esgoo's advice in bringing pequod heath to the last three. did have to give up W Ryoshu, since i don't have either, but he's a goddamn pro at tanking prey mark, its actually nuts.

Notably, I a) wasnt really going for turn count, and b) hosed up the second check for spiral (so I didn't get the sin weakness, which is not great since I had brought a sinking team and really wanted that gloom), but I did also side order of pierce damage and that was good enough

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
I'm on the last fight of RR3. The first two RRs feel like more of a time attack; they weren't too difficult to beat, but you needed a plan and some good luck to make it under par. This time around, it felt like if you didn't have a plan and good luck, your team would just get wiped out. Not sure how many turns the last fight will take, but it seems like unless if you're spending a lot of turns on the mob fights, you're probably going to hit par just by surviving everything.

I still like it more than the first two. RR1 didn't have that many teambuilding options, and RR2 got really tedious.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

posadas posted:

I'm on the last fight of RR3. The first two RRs feel like more of a time attack; they weren't too difficult to beat, but you needed a plan and some good luck to make it under par. This time around, it felt like if you didn't have a plan and good luck, your team would just get wiped out. Not sure how many turns the last fight will take, but it seems like unless if you're spending a lot of turns on the mob fights, you're probably going to hit par just by surviving everything.

I still like it more than the first two. RR1 didn't have that many teambuilding options, and RR2 got really tedious.

Yeah. It might be a bit easy if you have the resources in the form of having all IDs and EGOs to choose from, but overall if you know the fight you can easily be on par. Meaning people who want to go blind and read the skills and plan the fight for themselves can do so and have a good challenge, while people who prefer to immediately minmax the fights or just get the banner without too much fuss can prepare beforehand and not have a bad time... if you read the skills, that is :v:

I'm also gonna go onto Terminus, just did Pequod City at 9/9/10 turns for a total of 68 so I have loads of margin lol. Funnily enough Ahab and Starhab and Queehag went extremely smooth. Because somehow I managed to stagger both Starbucks AND Ahab on the same turn so she didn't start using Assist stuff, I killed Starbucks and triggered her full recover... only for her to get staggered again before getting assists so I could eventually take her down. Gaslight went decently, save her counters and a failed roll got her to stagger Ryoshu and Outis so I could have shaved a turn there. My question is, since the fight incentivizes using one ailment if to go with Sinking or Bleed since those are the ID teams I have well leveled or if I should start training more Rupture since I heard it explodes the boss. I might also just relax and go for a nice number. Maybe 83 :smug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DropTheAnvil posted:

That works although it's +2 turns to set that up

Oh I do have him (like everything else, as a d1 player I have 1000+ boxes) but

Yeah this was the idea. And given Queecliff deals more damage the less HP he has he can help burst Starbucks with his Envy Pierce skills. But I do guess NFaust ain't ideal, it was mostly that she has Pride and Envy pierce and Gaze to debuff even further.

Yeah N Faust could contribute but there's 0 room for error or unlucky speed rolls, if anything at all goes wrong she explodes.

I don't have K Hong Lu either but his immortality changes the dynamics of that fight considerably, you don't have to give nearly as much of a poo poo about Ahab's unclashable attacks as long as he survives.

I had W Don and Cinqlair alternate as attack takers, it wasn't pretty but they lived through it. And Dieci Rodion once because I wasn't paying attention to who was gonna get marked which killed her.

Junpei posted:

This is just me spitballing but I think the mirror shows "possibilities" rather than a real multiverse(hence the more refractions the more unlikely the possibilities get). I think it's less about destroying a multiverse as a whole and more destroying "possibilities" she doesn't want which would give their group absolute power in a convoluted weird way. It fits the general Limbus villain theming of people being willing to sacrifice anything in the name of some distant ideal where it will all have been Worth It.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 12, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RandomReader posted:

You lose the coins first to last.

minus coins also don't give a poo poo due to their nature and remain at full power clash-wise no matter how many coins are left

This is why protect the town is such a bitch of an attack, because you gotta beat the full power clash 4 times

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

I might also just relax and go for a nice number. Maybe 83 :smug:

:hmmyes:

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Yinlock posted:

I don't have K Hong Lu either but his immortality changes the dynamics of that fight considerably, you don't have to give nearly as much of a poo poo about Ahab's unclashable attacks as long as he survives.

the level 40 ut4 pequod heath off my support list (after using up his first stagger bar) would take like maybe 20% max hp loss from a given assist phase, given the placement of pequod trio i think he's a pretty good choice since using any additional resources (and/or losing access to heath for the next phase) isn't that big a deal

kongler is nice and all but losing out on dieci I think may genuinely be a big enough downside to make pequod heath better even without the bonus of him being able to deal damage on off turns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Well, I was stuck on Ardor Blossom Moth, so I decided to switch up my team, and now I'm stuck on Skin Prophet. This is proooobably because I'm working with a level 30-ish team and one Level 40 Regret Faust who is extremely reliable.

So yeah, I'll go grind. That miiight be the better tactic for now.