Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Tesla Models S, 3, X, Y.
(AOL Chatroom in 1995)

ariel1981: ew u dirty

slosilf: nice snype ari u single

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If musk does manage to con a large group of people to go to mars it is going to be loving horrific when it dawns on them they are beyond help from earth in a timely manner when poo poo invariably goes wrong. Like it’s going to be some genuinely disturbing stuff. I am really hoping it never ever gets to this point.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Earwicker posted:

vampire i think

Yeah, seems all the conspiracy theorists ranting about super boring billionaire vampires secretly running the world weren't crazy.

Or probably were still crazy and just made a lucky guess or something. I dunno.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

If musk does manage to con a large group of people to go to mars it is going to be loving horrific when it dawns on them they are beyond help from earth in a timely manner when poo poo invariably goes wrong. Like it’s going to be some genuinely disturbing stuff. I am really hoping it never ever gets to this point.

what if it's a group of people exclusively like blood stealing immortality cockring dude

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

priznat posted:

Eh, if musk is in charge of literally any aspect of the technical details he'll obviously cheap out on some incredibly important component/rush everything to an insane degree and they ship will just explode at some point.

God move fast/break things is such a stupid motto for anything serious.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

what if it's a group of people exclusively like blood stealing immortality cockring dude

That.. would be the best case scenario tbh

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"Get out," I tell her as I finish downing a flagon of my son's blood, "And take your chemo bullshit with you."

She leaves, sobbing, leaving tufts of hair in her wake. An alert notifies me that I have a 95th percentile boner. I smile.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

priznat posted:

My plan is simple - Lisa Loeb says on “x”
formerly twitter - ew it would be hot if elon musk lived in mars. Honestly I’d be happy if we even get her on the phone.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I'm convinced that guy is gonna die in his 60s from some weird experimental surgery or something

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

PhazonLink posted:

so what would 1 million people even do on mars?

I mean, they'd die, for starters. Later they'd decompose.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Looking good at the Super Bowl.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Move fast/break things is fine if you're building the next fart app. Not so much if you're trying to build a rocket to get to Mars.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

digital penitence posted:

Looking good at the Super Bowl.

lol

dude's getting fat

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

His torso is just expanding for more battery capacity, or rocket fuel. Either or.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Lmfao just look at the photos of Taylor Swift and Blake Lively and Travis Kelce’s mom happily hanging out in a luxury booth together, and then there’s real-life Tony Stark looking misshapen and miserable

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Time_pants posted:

I mean, they'd die, for starters. Later they'd decompose.

Decomposition on Mars would provide us with a lot of important data about dying in space so in that sense the mission would be a success.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The mars colonists would have their brains turned to mush by the constant extremely high radiation and then get all sorts of funky cancers. Should be quite the party!

Unless they live deep underground by digging using.. converted starships in to boring company machines or some poo poo? Idk.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tweeting at the super bowl

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pirate Radar posted:

Decomposition on Mars would provide us with a lot of important data about dying in space so in that sense the mission would be a success.

Seems likely that in the drier Martian atmosphere any bodies would mummify, in which case the next bunch of people to mars would have a bunch of Martian mummies to deal with.

I assume all the mummies would go live in that Martian pyramid NASA keeps on trying to convince people doesn't exist. So yeah the second mission to mars sounds the funniest. I want in!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol what a piece of poo poo

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

dr_rat posted:

Seems likely that in the drier Martian atmosphere any bodies would mummify, in which case the next bunch of people to mars would have a bunch of Martian mummies to deal with.

You say martian mummies, I say free supplemental protein.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

would it?

like if they die in the ship, its a climate controlled environment at room temp with oxygen, so its just abunch of rotting meat (makes me wonder if NASA and other orgs have a emergency routine to flush all the oxygen and get as cold as possible), if they die on with a mars atmosphere i guess its just like those mountain mummies.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*sees moon rise* Someday we'll get there

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

dr_rat posted:

I assume all the mummies would go live in that Martian pyramid NASA keeps on trying to convince people doesn't exist. So yeah the second mission to mars sounds the funniest. I want in!!!

They’d probably burn pretty good at least but maybe not in the thin atmosphere and you don’t want to burn stuff in your oxygenated habitat.

The THIRD mission, that’ll be the one to not end in disaster!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

550 million users and 193 million of them watched an interview with tucker Carlson and putin?

People think that might be a legit number? Hahaha, slightly over a 1/3 of twitters users did not watch that video.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i've not seen any reaction to the tucker-putin interview other than people laughing at putin letting tucker wait for a whole 2 hours, laugh at his cia aspirations decades ago, and telling tucker to stfu and stop interrupting when he was giving his own version of the history of russia . did it actually have any impact

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

kazil posted:

So, where do those numbers come from?

Is it possible that Facebook doesn't have a bot problem, and only .1 million people actually wanted to see a has-been right-wing stooge get clowned by a weird old dictator?

Seems like if the 50% throttle isn't pulled directly from rear end, it is still a really small lame number.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

dr_rat posted:

550 million users and 193 million of them watched an interview with tucker Carlson and putin?

People think that might be a legit number? Hahaha, slightly over a 1/3 of twitters users did not watch that video.

also tweet impressions vs video views

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

priznat posted:

They’d probably burn pretty good at least but maybe not in the thin atmosphere and you don’t want to burn stuff in your oxygenated habitat.

The THIRD mission, that’ll be the one to not end in disaster!!

Yeah the third mission might be the successful one, but it's not the one where we'll be going around a Martian pyramid blasting martian mummies with a shotgun.

It will probably just be all boring science experiments and poo poo. I guess if we find a curse martian amulet or something we could live it about for the third mission to find so they can have some fun as well. :shrug:

edit:

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You say martian mummies, I say free supplemental protein.

They can be both!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
imagine the views the football would get if X hosted it.

*stream buffers and musk has a army of angry sports fans tear him apart*

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can only assume I'd have "watched" the interview at least five times on twitter by now due to scrolling past it, if I'd been on there.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

priznat posted:

Chuds not realizing that homelander was the bad guy on Amazon’s The Boys is never not funny to me.

Yeah, I've brought this up a few times before. Chuds see him as a real American hero and wear Homelander costumes to Trump rallies and violent insurrections. They'll call you an idiot if you try to explain that he's an extremely evil villain

Their entire train of "thought" on the matter is "Homelander thinks the exact same things that I do and acts the way I do. I'm a good person, therefore Homelander is a good person." They are incapable of fathoming that he's a parody and an indictment of people like them

If chuds were smart, watching that show would spark at least some level of introspection. Like, "Huh, this rear end in a top hat supervillain is just like me; maybe I should rethink my beliefs and actions." But nope, too dumb

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

he's coming down

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is that the one kid or is the woman and girl in the other pic also his kid and the woman?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Jestery posted:

Elon blowing up starships is pretty funny ,

No, it's not funny at all. His rockets have done a shitload of environmental damage when they've exploded. I like laughing at Elon too but not at the expense of the planet

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

"Dad, I'm hungry"

"Ugh, not now... you...whoever you are :rolleyes:"

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

would people actually decompose if they died on mars? i thought decomposition involved all kinds of bacterias and molds and fungi and insects etc that break down bodies. mars doesnt have that stuff. and yes theres a bunch of bacteria in our bodies already but i dont think they'd do too well there either

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Earwicker posted:

would people actually decompose if they died on mars? i thought decomposition involved all kinds of bacterias and molds and insects etc that break down bodies. mars doesnt have that stuff

No, they turn into zombie space mummies. We've been over this :rolleyes:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

there are more bacteria cells in your body than human being cells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

kazil posted:

there are more bacteria cells in your body than human being cells

i know but would those bacteria really thrive and grow in a martian environment? wouldnt the atmosphere kill them a lot faster than in decomposing body on earth, limiting their ability to break it down?

i guess it depends whether the people die out in the open or in some kind of bubble/shelter or whatever

Captain Hygiene posted:

No, they turn into zombie space mummies. We've been over this :rolleyes:

i was thinking the end result would be more similar to like a dry aged steak basically

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 12, 2024