Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Waltzing Along posted:

Gotta fire Shanahan. He's a massive choker. Absolutely blew this game and proved he's good enough to get there but can't get over the top. Just over and over making stupid decisions at crucial times tonight. Gross.

DECADE OF SPECTACULAR FAILURE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Okay, lol at the other Niners fans rending their shirts over losing the Super Bowl in OT, apparently

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

rjmccall posted:

lol at the haters thinking that pointing out we lost in OT in the Super Bowl is some kind of major ownage, though.

Congrats

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Lifespan posted:

That was a genuinely exciting game... honestly that was a great team that fought like hell to the end. Statistically they were probably the better team, but Mahomes is nuts and managed to barely power through a win.

Reid + Mahomes is definitely looking like dynasty material.

And on our side of it, who's an upgrade to Shanahan at HC? We just lost to the only clear candidate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stop blaming Shanahan guys, the fix was in from the beginning:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1756888470599967000

Curse you Biden Crime Family :argh:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

rjmccall posted:

lol at the haters thinking that pointing out we lost in OT in the Super Bowl is some kind of major ownage, though.

Not a "major ownage" but certainly still a good thing

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

rjmccall posted:

Okay, lol at the other Niners fans rending their shirts over losing the Super Bowl in OT, apparently

How many times. How many loving times. This team just chokes it every loving time.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Not like there's anything else in this thread to do besides say Niners lost. All the other teams for this thread have been gone for a bit so...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm done until they get rid of Shanahan.

You switched from "the fix is in" to "it's the coach's fault" so quickly!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I would like to keep Shanahan but also jfc if you're on the 10 yard line and a TD wins the game, while a FG hands the ball to give Mahomes a chance to win. YOU loving GO FOR IT

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Shindragon posted:

How many times. How many loving times. This team just chokes it every loving time.

I, too, would like them to stop being good enough to choke

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

I would like to keep Shanahan but also jfc if you're on the 10 yard line and a TD wins the game, while a FG hands the ball to give Mahomes a chance to win. YOU loving GO FOR IT

When was this situation exactly

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Papercut posted:

I don't think anyone will do this again, but wasn't it 4th and 4?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

people are way too results oriented.. they went for it on a 4th and 3 and kittle barely made that first down. people would have been blaming shannahan if they didn't get the first down.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Lol fire shanahan and replace him with ???

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

rjmccall posted:

When was this situation exactly

They had 4th and 4 from the 9 yard line in OT

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

At the very least: Do not let shanahan be the offensive play caller next season. Or ever again.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So what changes with the Niners next year? They have a young free QB and don't seem cap strapped. Seems like they could be right back.

post hole digger posted:

At the very least: Do not let shanahan be the offensive play caller next season. Or ever again.

Understand that all of your division rivals are rooting for them to do this

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Strong Sauce posted:

I gotta admit, Moody choked that.

Moody did okay, the extra point sucks, but he's a rookie and there's no telling Mahomes wouldn't have just gotten a TD at the end of regulation if a FG wouldn't have tied it.

I blame RT Colton McKivitz, who was a swinging door all night.

Shanahan doesn't need to be fired, but Jed DOES need to make him hire an OC to run things on game day. He's trying to do too much, and it gets obvious sometimes.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Papercut posted:

doesn't win the game outright, though

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The biggest gag was passing on 3rd down at the two minute warning. You always run there. You either get the 1st and win the game or you don't and you force them to use a time out. That's when he lost the game the first time. Passing again on 3rd and short in OT when spags has been blitzing every time in that situation is when he lost it again.

Shanahan almost got pulled over the line by his players but he had to gently caress it up, as usual.

Mr. Derp
Jul 23, 2006
Absolutely insane that nobody is asking questions about how Shanahan had to call a timeout to try and force Wilks out of yet another dogshit zone call. I’m mad at Shanahan for galaxy braining the third quarter but if I still can’t believe how bad Wilks let that game get away in the second half and OT.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

Getting a touchdown there doesn’t end the game. You should listen to the announcers.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Eh Moody did what was asked.

The Niners failed to run the drat ball.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

People are out of their minds if they think this game requires the 49ers to fire Shanahan. Please stop overreacting.

They said all the same poo poo about Andy Reid until he got Patrick Mahomes.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Eh Moody did what was asked.

The Niners failed to run the drat ball.

I don't think they asked him to miss the extra point

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Getting rid of Shanahan is insane. Their problem was that Purdy barely had time to throw, and for whatever reason this year their defense seemed to give up these intermediate depth plays all of the time. I do not have the football vocabulary to describe it with football terms, but they were ok at preventing deep balls, they were good at stopping the run, but these quick 7-10 yard passes ate them up all year long. So many 3rd and 10 that lead to a first down.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 12, 2024

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Pain of Mind posted:

Getting rid of Shanahan is insane. Their problem was the Purdy barely had time to throw, and for whatever reason this year their defense always gives up these 10 yard plays, all year long. I do not have the football vocabulary to describe it with football terms, but they were ok and preventing deep balls, they were good at stopping the run, but these quick 7-10 yard passes ate them up all year long. So many 3rd and 10 that lead to a first down.

Steve Wilks loves the soft zones, my friend.

As for the pass protection, have you seen this fellow named Colton McKivitz? No? Neither has any defensive lineman.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Moody hit like a 53 yarder with the game on the line, I don't think he was your problem today

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It was a good year. I’d be happy to run it back, and we’ll mostly be able to.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Papercut posted:

I don't think they asked him to miss the extra point

He didn't though. It was blocked. Yeah he could have kicked higher but still a block.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hello fellow heartbreaking Super Bowl loss brothers

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Hello fellow heartbreaking Super Bowl loss brothers

lol at the haters thinking that pointing out we lost on the 2 yard line in the Super Bowl is some kind of major ownage, though.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I don't like Travis Kelce. However, I do enjoy the antics of his brother Jason.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Anyway, good luck with the rebuilds to all my NFC West friends in this thread

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://x.com/maceahwindu/status/1756890727387144695

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Pain of Mind posted:

Getting rid of Shanahan is insane. Their problem was the Purdy barely had time to throw, and for whatever reason this year their defense seemed to give up these intermediate depth plays all of the time. I do not have the football vocabulary to describe it with football terms, but they were ok at preventing deep balls, they were good at stopping the run, but these quick 7-10 yard passes ate them up all year long. So many 3rd and 10 that lead to a first down.

It’s this. Invest in the loving O line and fire Wilks please for the love of god.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

They should try and get tom brady again

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i agree please fire shanahan so they get worse yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

lmao