Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It is pretty weird because he's supposedly on the fad dangerous diet drug ozempic which I think is the same drug that gave someone a permanent diarrhea status effect

He should take more of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Teratrain posted:

I don't normally like to pick at peoples' appearances but it really, really tests me when this hyper-rich intellectual urinal takes every shortcut he can buy and still ends up looking like a discarded backpack full of peanuts.

In this thread you may make fun of Elon's appearance at any time and for any reason

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

Earwicker posted:

or we could stop cooking the earth so that we can just live here

Okay liberal :rolleyes:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

lmao

They think this lie is a flex. These people are so loving dumb.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Does Elon ever do any actual loving work?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lammasu posted:

Lol

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Lammasu posted:

he yells at engineers to make him more popular than Joe Brandon

the Biden press team should start sharing private DMs about rigging the superbowl and see how long until Elon leaks them

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Lammasu posted:

DoesDid Elon at any point in history ever do any actual loving work?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
he did work when he was kicked down the stairs and landed on the bottom.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Lammasu posted:

Posting on Twitter is the work. He's saving us all from the woke mind virus. if the WMV takes over, it won't matter if we get to Mars because we'll all be black and Jewish

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
And trans

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol I'm in better shape than Elon and I don't have a billion dollars to spend on drugs that make you lose weight or world class chefs and nutritionists

I also have my real hair

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Some loving intense American Psycho vibes from this dude

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Posting on Twitter is the work. He's saving us all from the woke mind virus. if the WMV takes over, it won't matter if we get to Mars because we'll all be black and Jewish

I remember some dipshit tried to say Trump Tweeting counted as work and I got so angry I almost passed out.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lammasu posted:

I remember some dipshit tried to say Trump Tweeting counted as work and I got so angry I almost passed out.

That man got up at the crack of 3 to start talking poo poo to his political enemies and create chaos on Twitter. Every day, for over 4 years. You're not gonna call that work?!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

digital penitence posted:

Looking good at the Super Bowl.

It's been said, but if I had this kind of money I would simply not look like a human-shaped urinal cake.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

redshirt posted:

What would 1 million people do on the Moon? Why Mars over the Moon?

Why not an underwater domed city?

Why the gently caress would anyone want to make a domed underwater city?

There's cool science stuff, and slightly less cool resource extraction stuff to do in outer space, worst case, you can enjoy some amazing views of various celestial bodies. I've lived underwater, it sucks, there's nothing to do or really see, a domed underwater city wouldn't help with resource extraction at all, there's no point and almost no one would voluntarily live there.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Imagine all the crud that would build up on the underwater dome. There’d be like a foot of whale poop on there.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Elviscat posted:

I've lived underwater, it sucks, there's nothing to do or really see

This post brought to you by the Elder Ones Posting Gang

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Elviscat posted:

There's cool science stuff, and slightly less cool resource extraction stuff to do in outer space, worst case, you can enjoy some amazing views of various celestial bodies. I've lived underwater, it sucks, there's nothing to do or really see, a domed underwater city wouldn't help with resource extraction at all, there's no point and almost no one would voluntarily live there.

Well, someone hasn't seen the documentary Bioshock.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And keeping the ocean out is harder than keeping air in. Even a pretty shallow dome would have to deal with tons of water pressure.

Not that I see much point in either option. A moonbase could make fuel but we really don't have the tech to go anywhere with it reasonably

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lammasu posted:

Yeah, via the CEO definition of "work"

The only difference is that instead of exercise, he plays Diablo---I mean conducts online teambuilding exercises under that miscellaneous category.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gschmidl posted:

It's been said, but if I had this kind of money I would simply not look like a human-shaped urinal cake.

I'm rather confused here. The four human-shaped people (probably humans) in the photograph don't look like urinal cakes?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Elviscat posted:

prototype for space settlement, possibly useful for deep sea geothermal, but yeah I guess maybe antarctica and such are better biodome test beds

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Google Jeb Bush posted:

prototype for space settlement, possibly useful for deep sea geothermal, but yeah I guess maybe antarctica and such are better biodome test beds

so it turns out structures designed for high pressure environments are basically the opposite of what you would want in a low pressure environment. crazy stuff!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Teratrain posted:

I don't normally like to pick at peoples' appearances but it really, really tests me when this hyper-rich intellectual urinal takes every shortcut he can buy and still ends up looking like a discarded backpack full of peanuts.

He’s preparing a Twinkie defense.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TrashMammal posted:

so it turns out structures designed for high pressure environments are basically the opposite of what you would want in a low pressure environment. crazy stuff!

So when we build the space settlements using the underwater dome design we’ll live on the outside of the dome instead of the inside

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

He looks how I feel after I overeat

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I love how they cut to Taylor Swift like 50 times during the game and Elon zero times. It must piss him off so much that no one cares about him in the real world.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how they cut to Taylor Swift like 50 times during the game and Elon zero times. It must piss him off so much that no one cares about him in the real world.

Honestly I was wondering why he didn't have a private box or something for this (Are those a thing for the Superbowl?) and I could totally see the answer be "So People Will See Me".

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Honestly I was wondering why he didn't have a private box or something for this (Are those a thing for the Superbowl?) and I could totally see the answer be "So People Will See Me".

I absolutely can't imagine that he enjoys watching sports. The notion of him watching people doing a thing and not letting him claim credit for it must be like nails down a chalkboard for him. I'm suprised he didn't turn up dressed as Taylor Swift.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think he does have one; those are absolutely not the sort of chairs you'd get if you paid for Regular People Seats.

Usually private boxes at football games will have an indoor area and then a small balcony of seats out front, if you want to do something silly like actually watch the game.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Is he aspiring to the chairman Mao haircut?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

TrashMammal posted:

1: build underwater dome.

2: evacuate to ~1mTorr.

3: build prototype space settlements in it.

4: profit.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Icept posted:

Is he aspiring to the chairman Mao haircut?

I think he realized that the Kim Jong Un look and build is peak performance

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

priznat posted:

If musk does manage to con a large group of people to go to mars it is going to be loving horrific when it dawns on them they are beyond help from earth in a timely manner when poo poo invariably goes wrong. Like it’s going to be some genuinely disturbing stuff. I am really hoping it never ever gets to this point.

I hope they start with a lower-stakes biodome experiment and Musk recruits and aged Pauly Shore to take part

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I like how there's a dozen staged videos of cybertrucks with VR, but no one is gangsta enough to try the Cybertruck "briefly as a boat" like Master Musk suggested to them.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Elviscat posted:

In regards to views of celestial bodies as it pertains to Mars, it has pretty much the same night sky as Earth. Arguably worse since its moons are small, weird shaped lumps and its stars don't twinkle. I don't believe the resources it offers are important or easily transportable enough to justify it economically either. You'd basically set up there for the same reason you'd make an underwater city - it's cool enough to be a trope in fiction.

These colonisation plans really only make sense in a post scarcity society as vanity projects to show off how advanced they are.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wit posted:

I absolutely can't imagine that he enjoys watching sports. The notion of him watching people doing a thing and not letting him claim credit for it must be like nails down a chalkboard for him. I'm suprised he didn't turn up dressed as Taylor Swift.

(This is a terrible story, I'm not rooting for the teller or his dad, by the by.) Someone told me that they used to play a team sport with/against current newly-minted President of the Republic -electee Alexander Stubb's son, and his dad (or maybe it was someone else's dad) promised him 5€ every time he pushed Stubb's son down during the game, to see if Stubb would notice. He never did because he was always busy on the computre or phone or with guests. Just showing up to be seen, not to watch. (He would've been a cabinet minister, MEP, or MP back then, depending on when it happened exactly.) I did ask how much money the guy made but I was drunk and don't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Further Reading posted:

In regards to views of celestial bodies as it pertains to Mars, it has pretty much the same night sky as Earth. Arguably worse since its moons are small, weird shaped lumps and its stars don't twinkle. I don't believe the resources it offers are important or easily transportable enough to justify it economically either. You'd basically set up there for the same reason you'd make an underwater city - it's cool enough to be a trope in fiction.

These colonisation plans really only make sense in a post scarcity society as vanity projects to show off how advanced they are.

I am not advocating for exoplanetary colonies here, science stations, like McMurdo station*, would be neat. I'd go hang out in space for a year, no problem, I would not lock myself in a dark, dank, underwater dome that has a similar risk of sudden death to a space station.

Dirt is about the only place where it's feasible/enjoyable to live for long periods of time.