Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Green Mountain Boys, one of the original colonies.....

What's goin on in Montana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vermont used to have a reputation for some of the best weed in the country but i havent heard anyone say that in a long time now

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

what happened? was it all smoked?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Earwicker posted:

Vermont used to have a reputation for some of the best weed in the country but i havent heard anyone say that in a long time now

Bad weed doesnt exist anymore so it's not noteworthy in that respect

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I bet 80% of the country immediately thinks of Ben and Jerry's when they think of Vermont. It's not much but it's something.

I really think the boring flat square states don't quite qualify because they're famous for being being boring flat and square. Like if somebody needs an example of some place boring they're pretty likely to go for something like Iowa or Nebraska. Kansas has a whole movie largely based on the idea that it's boring.

The more I think about it the more I think it's Connecticut. A backwater state in a backwater region, not even notable for not being notable. I can't think of a single thing that distinguishes it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah im not sure if the original question is more about inside vs outside the us but i'd bet if you polled 100 random non-americans from around the world more of them have heard of iowa and/or the dakotas than connecticut.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

suburb of NYC = backwater region?

its got a lot of insurance company HQs too, nobody might think much of it but idk if the home of Yale / being next to NYC and boston / all the corporations really qualify it as a backwater

Worf fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 11, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Worf posted:

suburb of NYC = backwater region?

lol yeah.

i mean i dont disagree taht people forget it a lot but it's basically no man's land between nyc and boston. Like how jersey is no man's land between nyc and philadelphia. new yorkers are a contentious people

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i guess we're just misusing backwater then

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
New Hampshire's only claim to fame was a rock formation that looked like a face.

Then it fell down.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I still have zero idea what Arkansas is supposed to be known for.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i assume arkansas is somebody's failed experiment

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Presto posted:

New Hampshire's only claim to fame was a rock formation that looked like a face.

Then it fell down.

Right after they put it on their state quarter lmao

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's objectively Vermont.

If you went overseas and asked people to name as many US states as they could I guarantee Vermont is the most missed one. All these states that you guys think aren't famous because they're in the middle of nowhere are pretty well known internationally because they have unique sounding names and you guys constantly talk about them as the shitholes in the middle of nowhere.

Vermont doesn't sound unique, it's too small to point at on a map, and I can't name a single show or movie set in Vermont that would familiarise it to a non-American audience.

When we were back in Australia last year my wife would talk to people about where we live in the States and multiple people knew Vermont just from Hallmark Christmas movies, of which apparently many are set there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Worf posted:

i guess we're just misusing backwater then

I was agreeing with you dingus

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was agreeing with you dingus

poorly

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Wal mart, and the age old question: Why do you pronounce Arkansas and Kansas so differently?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

bc so many ppl mispronounce kansas

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Worf posted:

bc so many ppl mispronounce kansas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EbnoElOJx0

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just discovered this thread, I lived in Delaware for quite a few years and it's my favorite state. Please direct your questions to me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just discovered this thread, I lived in Delaware for quite a few years and it's my favorite state. Please direct your questions to me.

Which corporations were your parents? Mobil and Exxon?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Bill Clinton was govenor

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The last state that elected a drunken hillbilly to president

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

The last state that elected a drunken hillbilly to president

isnt that also connecticut

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

well yes because it's a backwater

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

reported

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
washington is the most forgotten state i think

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's objectively Vermont.

If you went overseas and asked people to name as many US states as they could I guarantee Vermont is the most missed one. All these states that you guys think aren't famous because they're in the middle of nowhere are pretty well known internationally because they have unique sounding names and you guys constantly talk about them as the shitholes in the middle of nowhere.

Vermont doesn't sound unique, it's too small to point at on a map, and I can't name a single show or movie set in Vermont that would familiarise it to a non-American audience.

Super troopers is set in Vermont

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Vermont has Ben & Jerry's, Champy the lake Champlain monster, skiing, Long Trail...

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

yea its funny how thats more than the flyover states can brag about

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Come to scenic kansas! We have the second best kansas city

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mozi posted:

I'm not sure Washington has been brought up yet, but it's a good choice. It gets confused with DC a lot.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

there are a bunch of international weirdos who know connecticut cuz of gilmore girls

Also christmas in connecticut is a pretty famous movie? Anyways don't go to connecticut.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

free hubcaps posted:

there are a bunch of international weirdos who know connecticut cuz of gilmore girls

Also christmas in connecticut is a pretty famous movie? Anyways don't go to connecticut.

? people outside of america watched that show?

i dated a millenial who was obsessed w it and mehhhh

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

redshirt posted:

I'm not sure Washington has been brought up yet, but it's a good choice. It gets confused with DC a lot.

seattle is a pretty well known major city for a bunch of reasons, lots of well known bands from there, a few tv shows and movies take place there, lots of big companies based there etc.

olympia is also known for its music scene

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 12, 2024

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mozi posted:

Buddy, if people can name at least one city in that state then it’s definitely not the most forgotten

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

beetlejuice is from connecticut

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Delaware

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Everyone knows about Delaware because of the Miss America scandal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i like a few states that you probably haven’t heard of tbh