Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

smackfu posted:

OTOH historically there have been a ton of cancelled TV shows with episodes that were just deleted. Less now than there used to be.

There is a radio program from the 90’s that CBC made (Quinton Nickles) and they never released the final three episodes.

I contacted CBC Radio to request they be released but they gave me the run around. If it’s made, why not release it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Professor Shark posted:

I know some people who are reality tv zombies. It’s so weird.

At least in the case of my mom, she's very open about the fact that she thinks stuff like Sister Wives is nothing but a human trainwreck documentary and she hates just about everyone on that show. Its just that mocking something you hate, and participating in that mockery with others/by listening to others mock it, is often a drug in and of itself. I think she spends more time watching youtube videos of people bashing that show than she does watching the actual show.

Which, you know, I'd feel kinda hypocritical for holding that against her since the biggest attraction on BSS for years was the CAD Mock Thread.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

weird movies no one wanted sometimes kick a whole lotta rear end. To say I wouldn’t care is a bit too much. I didn’t know it existed but I would’ve been interested knowing that Gunn co-wrote it and it starred John Cena

The movie never had a chance to exist.

Yeah Gunn co-writing, and John Cena staring are to to pretty big positives as The suicide squad/Peacemaker were great, and honestly Coyote Vs ACME just sounds like a concept that could work. Not saying I think it would of been an all time classic or anything, but sounded like it could of been pretty fun.

Obvious poo poo like the flash getting shown that sounded like an utter bomb from the start, just adds salt in the wound. At a certain points it seems like WB wants to die.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

From a financial aspect of it, those movies could be dumped with little marketing and expected to make some money back on dvd rentals/sales and streaming rights. Now stores are abandoning physical media and the streaming bubble has popped so box office is really the only revenue stream to rely on anymore.

I'd say that maybe there's opportunity to start scaling back the size of their movies but, gently caress, even A24 is now saying they're going to start making more licensed and big ticket movies.

Lol, remember A24 is making Hazbin Hotel.

Might well be that they see all their competition trying to kill itself or choking on its own poo poo like Disney and realise there's an opportunity to step in and actually make poo poo that people want when the other big names are refusing to.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lol, remember A24 is making Hazbin Hotel.

Might well be that they see all their competition trying to kill itself or choking on its own poo poo like Disney and realise there's an opportunity to step in and actually make poo poo that people want when the other big names are refusing to.

I have never heard of Hazbin Hotel and it just had a song turned into a Fortnite emote.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Pirate Jet posted:

Alright look I think Coyote vs Acme should be released because everyone’s work should be seen and gently caress Zaslav and all that but let’s be real: nobody would care about it if it wasn’t for this. Looney Tunes haven’t been a box office draw in decades. Zaslav wants to can this movie because it was approved and funded under a previous WB administration, he doesn’t think it would do well in theaters, and it’s an instant payout in the form of a tax credit for a movie he didn’t even drop the money on to make.

Because Looney Tune movies have been poo poo for a long time. This one seems to be actually good. It also has Jame Gunn's name behind it. David Zaslav has also has made it very clear that he thinks animation doesn't belong on Max. I mean the no credit for it thing also applies, but that is the default. You seem to think its always about money with CEOs, but that isn't the case especially since there will be no consequences for their gently caress-ups.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

IShallRiseAgain posted:

You seem to think its always about money with CEOs, but that isn't the case especially since there will be no consequences for their gently caress-ups.

For some reason studio heads seem particularly petty. Although possibly we just hear about it more.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Competition reality TV is okay because there's at least an end goal. The ones where they just follow around rich people is gross human zoo poo poo.

you're right, we should force rich people into zoos

they can have some hay to lay on and an enrichment newspaper

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Probably a healthier environment than most are raised in.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i'd be OK with living in a habitat as long as i was provided a tyre swing and no fewer than two medium sized meals per day

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mr Hootington posted:

I have never heard of Hazbin Hotel and it just had a song turned into a Fortnite emote.

I had heard some people talking about it so I watched the first episode. Seemed like it's trying to be Harley Quinn for the theater kid/hot topic demo. Too many stilted musical numbers with obvious punchlines and like an occasionally hurried 30 second plot set up scene.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

me: [sharing a video of a billionaire crying because her birthday present was the wrong iphone] hehe lol

random twitter user: Billionaires only do this when they are very STRESSED. BE BETTER NEXT TIME

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I had heard some people talking about it so I watched the first episode. Seemed like it's trying to be Harley Quinn for the theater kid/hot topic demo. Too many stilted musical numbers with obvious punchlines and like an occasionally hurried 30 second plot set up scene.

It's been in development way longer than the Harley Quinn show lol

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Monica Bellucci posted:

Alternatively, Walton Goggins screaming, "DIE YOU SPACE human being!" while stabbing up a Predator is worth the movie.

It is not. It's worth watching that scene on Youtube as part of a compilation called 'Best of Walton Goggins (2023)'

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I honestly sort of liked it, though the Super Predator race war thing was pretty dumb

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Professor Shark posted:

I honestly sort of liked it, though the Super Predator race war thing was pretty dumb

Yeah that's my main gripe with the movie too. And it's apparently a Thing they keep wanting to do in movies since The Predator had another super duper guy.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Even Prey felt the need to have an updated Predator design.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yah and it was cool

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Alan Smithee posted:

yah and it was cool

Agreed, and I don't mind changes in the design in general in big franchises. But both Predators and THE Predator had plot points about these guys specifically not being your grampa's Predators without making much of it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So when are they going to come out with "The Predators" just to complete their confusing naming scheme?

Oh I guess they'd also need "Predators 2" and "the Predators 2".

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Predatory

it will be on epstein island

with loan sharks

and actual sharks

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The predator killed himself

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I mean, yeah

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Don't forget the obnoxiously lame swearing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah that's my main gripe with the movie too. And it's apparently a Thing they keep wanting to do in movies since The Predator had another super duper guy.

In the novels and comics whenever predators fought it was due to disagreements in honor or something. Which I think is a lot better than a race war.

I like the concept of predators who modify themselves to be super insane but the film didn’t really push that concept hard enough.

Should’ve shown it too be honest.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Honestly surprised there hasn’t been an animated adaptation of the Batman vs. Predator comic yet.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I haven’t seen it in a while but I was a bigger fan of Helluva Boss - no musical numbers, less hemmed in by that pandering or expectation, just the story of a bunch of hitmen in hell who use a magic book to visit the mortal world to murder lovely people for money. Plus Richard Horvitz playing a weird, complicated little character who screams a lot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chairman Capone posted:

Honestly surprised there hasn’t been an animated adaptation of the Batman vs. Predator comic yet.

Why are you surprised. One is owned by Disney and the other is owned by WB. I doubt they’ll play ball lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

Why are you surprised. One is owned by Disney and the other is owned by WB. I doubt they’ll play ball lol

Eh, wait two years and Disney will probably end up owning them both somehow.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This appears to be another one of those sequels that is just a remake

https://twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1756835709204549820?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This is one of many ways in which Chris Hansen is a a real life Predator protagonist.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

One More Fat Nerd posted:

This is one of many ways in which Chris Hansen is a a real life Predator protagonist.

Hansen: Can I just ask what you're doing here?

*40-year old man in jorts says nothing, taps his watch a few times, and starts belly-laughing*

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I never watched his to catch a predator thing. When he defeated them did they all blow them selves up with a small nuke as well?

Edit: beaten like predator trying to kill a muddy 80's arnie.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

Hasturtium posted:

I haven’t seen it in a while but I was a bigger fan of Helluva Boss - no musical numbers , less hemmed in by that pandering or expectation, just the story of a bunch of hitmen in hell who use a magic book to visit the mortal world to murder lovely people for money. Plus Richard Horvitz playing a weird, complicated little character who screams a lot.

Uh, maybe you should revisit Helluva Boss? Seems like you memoryholed some bits.

I wandered into Hazbin because it was on Prime, knowing nothing about it previously. Watched the first few eps that were out because I was bored & sick, thought it was neat enough to bother a cursory googling, and found Helluva Boss that way. HB definitely has a ton of musical numbers; maybe as much as Hazbin? Either way, close enough that I didn't notice an appreciable difference watching pretty much the entire show the day after I watched the first eps of Hazbin. Tonally, they're pretty close as well, but with HB having possibly a bit more cussing, and absolutely more room to breathe with its pacing, the latter not being a shock since it's an independent production released on whatever the gently caress schedule they feel like across as many episodes as they want/are able to make via YouTube versus a studio-backed streaming platform product. They're both broadly about messed up people/demons/whatever working through generational trauma.

Hazbin definitely feels weaker between the two to me after having finished the first season, but more because of pacing and episode count than anything else.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

cake bunny posted:

Uh, maybe you should revisit Helluva Boss? Seems like you memoryholed some bits.

I wandered into Hazbin because it was on Prime, knowing nothing about it previously. Watched the first few eps that were out because I was bored & sick, thought it was neat enough to bother a cursory googling, and found Helluva Boss that way. HB definitely has a ton of musical numbers; maybe as much as Hazbin? Either way, close enough that I didn't notice an appreciable difference watching pretty much the entire show the day after I watched the first eps of Hazbin. Tonally, they're pretty close as well, but with HB having possibly a bit more cussing, and absolutely more room to breathe with its pacing, the latter not being a shock since it's an independent production released on whatever the gently caress schedule they feel like across as many episodes as they want/are able to make via YouTube versus a studio-backed streaming platform product. They're both broadly about messed up people/demons/whatever working through generational trauma.

Hazbin definitely feels weaker between the two to me after having finished the first season, but more because of pacing and episode count than anything else.

Doesn’t surprise me I forgot them - that’ll teach me to post before coffee and a full year out from seeing the show. Looks like I need to plunge back into it. Genuinely, thank you for telling me.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Looks like it's all on youtube. The first musical number is two seconds in.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Competition reality TV is okay because there's at least an end goal. The ones where they just follow around rich people is gross human zoo poo poo.

What you don’t find cosmetic surgery consultations entertaining?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drunkboxer posted:

What you don’t find cosmetic surgery consultations entertaining?

Its fun reading about the really bizarre ones where you can tell nobody was at the wheel. Like the one where they made a bunch of American women think they were dating Prince Harry or the one about having to pick your biological father out of a group of fakes or the one about which family could be more racist to their neighbors.

The Prince Harry one is especially weird because it later came out that none of the women were originally told that was going to be the premise of the show and that it was supposed to just be a regular dating show.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

Hasturtium posted:

Doesn’t surprise me I forgot them - that’ll teach me to post before coffee and a full year out from seeing the show. Looks like I need to plunge back into it. Genuinely, thank you for telling me.

Honestly happy to help. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked them as much as I did. I'm not hardcore theater-kid levels of into musicals, or super into animation, or whatever else I initially thought the target demo was intended to be, so I'm just happy I gave Hazbin a shot. Looking forward to seeing where it goes and keeping up with HB once its new episodes start up again, too. Hopefully, since Hazbin looks like it's doing well on Prime, they'll get a higher episode count for season 2 and can address the pacing some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If I were in charge the Predator sequel would be called Postdator