Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

coddling children. disgusting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

oh ah i'm a dumbass three year old idk how to chew a fuckin grape lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
"The younger generations will do better." *spawns living participation trophies*

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Who's Cutting Gilbert's Grapes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

aw frig aw dang it posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

oh ah i'm a dumbass three year old idk how to chew a fuckin grape lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
slice a grape almost all the way, leaving a bit of skin connecting the two slices, and then microwave it. It'll start sparking.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
You can thank me later.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

titty_baby_ posted:

slice a grape almost all the way, leaving a bit of skin connecting the two slices, and then microwave it. It'll start sparking.

I loving love science

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

when i was a child the internet told me that this would create plasma, the 4th state of matter, and i was expecting it to look like the xbox startup screen

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

Yup. Toddlers, do better

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son can peel bananas, and he loves to do it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

my son can peel bananas, and he loves to do it

you ever see that vid of the toddler who goes apeshit for bananas? pretty funny op

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You are in fact Supposed To Cut Grapes for kids/toddlers, 3yo is borderline though. My (three-year-old) daughter can eat whole grapes just fine but my wife still likes to slice them for her mostly because we also have a 9-month-old who loves getting his grubby little paws all over stuff that isn't supposed to be for him

The guidance on What Is Safe For Kids is always changing and boomers are always whining about it. Try talking to any of my parents or inlaws about carseat rules

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lumpentroll posted:

Piss off disphit. You were acting like a punk rear end motherfucker.

Kindly gently caress off. You don't know me. So shut the gently caress up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you're having other people's kids over it's definitely a good idea to cut the grapes, in part because maybe their kids don't know how to eat whole grapes and in part because the other parents can and will lecture you for hours about it if you don't

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mabel, did you hear about this car seat poo poo, they actually expect the kids to have their own special seats now instead of just clinging to the roof like god intended, we used to be a country

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

Athletes dropping dead in the prime of their life and we're not supposed to assume it's because of Airborne AIDS? Lmao lol, okay stay uncrackpinged I guess

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

loquacius posted:

You are in fact Supposed To Cut Grapes for kids/toddlers, 3yo is borderline though. My (three-year-old) daughter can eat whole grapes just fine but my wife still likes to slice them for her mostly because we also have a 9-month-old who loves getting his grubby little paws all over stuff that isn't supposed to be for him

The guidance on What Is Safe For Kids is always changing and boomers are always whining about it. Try talking to any of my parents or inlaws about carseat rules

one of my friends is basically estranged from her parents and the inciting incident (obviously there's a lot more to it) was their repeated refusal to follow safe sleep guidelines. "we put you on your stomach with a blanket and your didn't die, it's fine!"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also I have been bought so many redtexts about football

I've told this story before but someone once redtexted me 5 times in a day because I kept just paying half as much money to undo the redtext as he had to give me the redtext, without posting about it in between, and I wanted to see what his limit was for spending money on failing to buy someone a silly avatar over the course of one day (turns out it was $50) (pre-jeffrey too so that money purchased Lowtax like 2.5 cookies)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

Mabel, did you hear about this car seat poo poo, they actually expect the kids to have their own special seats now instead of just clinging to the roof like god intended, we used to be a country

You're also Not Supposed To put kids' winter coats on in the carseat because if you have to brake really hard that way the carseat won't protect them like it's supposed to but will instead rattle their little heads around way too much and give them whiplash or CTE or something and our parents cannot grasp this concept

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I just don't get it tho. I mean I get cutting grapes in half to make them smaller for the kids, but if you are going to do that, why wouldn't you cut the strawberries and pineapples into smaller chunks too? They look much bigger than the sliced grape.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

one of my friends is basically estranged from her parents and the inciting incident (obviously there's a lot more to it) was their repeated refusal to follow safe sleep guidelines. "we put you on your stomach with a blanket and your didn't die, it's fine!"

Safe sleep is a little nutty because the messaging around it, which is drilled into all new parents, is "your baby MUST sleep in this EXACT way or it WILL die and it WILL be your fault"

but it's fine because at the end of the day the rules aren't that hard to follow. Babies don't know that sleeping on a pillow is normal and will happily sleep without one if you just never introduce the concept of pillows to them until they're past SIDS age

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

NeonPunk posted:

I just don't get it tho. I mean I get cutting grapes in half to make them smaller for the kids, but if you are going to do that, why wouldn't you cut the strawberries and pineapples into smaller chunks too? They look much bigger than the sliced grape.

lumpentroll posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NeonPunk posted:

it's because the grapes are round

Babies and toddlers' instinct is that round things may be swallowed whole, whereupon they will lodge in the throat. A hard edge, like that in a sliced grape, tells their brains to chew

e: also smaller things are more of choking hazards than bigger things in general, because the bigger things can't be swallowed whole to begin with

loquacius has issued a correction as of 16:48 on Feb 12, 2024

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

take it to the parents thread

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You're also supposed to, eg, cut hotdogs in half lengthwise

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

take it to the parents thread

they know all this poo poo already

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Making Lumpentroll a More Loving Poster, one Child Post at a time

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

grapes are firmer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

External Organs posted:

Making Lumpentroll a More Loving Poster, one Child Post at a time

Lumpentroll's small heart growing three sizes ITT

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

loquacius posted:

also I have been bought so many redtexts about football

I've told this story before but someone once redtexted me 5 times in a day because I kept just paying half as much money to undo the redtext as he had to give me the redtext, without posting about it in between, and I wanted to see what his limit was for spending money on failing to buy someone a silly avatar over the course of one day (turns out it was $50) (pre-jeffrey too so that money purchased Lowtax like 2.5 cookies)

counterwhaling...

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Megamissen posted:

grapes are firmer

No, pineapples are more firmer. If your pineapple are softer than your grape you either got unripe grape or overripe pineapples.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

You're also supposed to, eg, cut hotdogs in half lengthwise

gently caress. off.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

Unsurprisingly the pussy posters have pussy kids

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

loquacius posted:

Lumpentroll's small heart growing three sizes ITT

Lumpentroll if you are experiencing any of these symptoms please visit your primary care physician

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I always thought cardiomegaly sounded cooler than it actually is.

See also: toxic megacolon