Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

After crashing on mission accomplished in gulf war day I think I'm going to just be the hero of libya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

: Cheated Death Again! (Land at HQ safely)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

landing is easy, on the carrier slam it down between the yellow bars and on the airport line up level and drop altitude with the throttle

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

shame on an IGA

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

shame on an IGA

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Think that's enough of this one for me

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I had this as a kid but don't think I ever played past the intro, I can't believe how much more complicated the 2nd level already is lol. Makes me want to play desert strike again too.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
: Beat Libya Day and Night

ok i thought libya night was going to be the same thing but no refuels, turns out it was way easier and i went straight for the two targets. i'm dreading the next night missions a lot less now.

turn off signatures

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

: Beat Gulf War Day and Night

Then cuba starts out with you launching into the line of fire of a boat that can shoot 2 missiles at once.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

: Win your first battle

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

oh hell yes I had hundreds of hours on the rental cart at our local indie not-blockbuster

good job. but you gotta make a new post whenever you earn a trophy or I'll miss them

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

jesus the briefing for the second mission, lol

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

used up all my refuels on the day mission, sliced through the targets on the night mission. the missile auto-targeting is still super weird in the air-to-ground bits when i'm trying to shoot the target structure (go slow, even slower), but i'm getting the hang of it.

turn off signatures

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This would be a god tier game if you had extra lives tbh

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Beat Cuba Day and Night
: Beat Korea Day and Night

i finished korea night with 1 hp left and was hauling rear end with the afterburner back to base. cuba night was a cakewalk for just hitting the targets. gonna have to try the bonus level out later, i really hope it has refueling.

turn off signatures

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Namtab posted:

This would be a god tier game if you had extra lives tbh

it would get a few more points if the mig fighting was worth engaging with

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

oddium posted:

it would get a few more points if the mig fighting was worth engaging with

oh yeah my entire strategy has been run away from the migs and hope they don't catch me from a mile away. so much fuel and health gets saved that way.

turn off signatures

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I gave up on fighting migs in the night missions because they waste so much fuel

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

mig fighting is the bit that feels the most like a proto ace combat and i enjoy it even though it's a hige fuel drain and feels constant

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rolling now for the next short game

Next short pick goes to #46, Tarranon! Congrats and let me know your game/trophy picks when you can.

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 12, 2024

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Tarranon is unavailable, so we're rolling again!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Next short game pick actually goes to #65, oddium!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
thanks sub :cheers:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i could definitely finish chulip in a week if i forego some obligations

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
yes pick chulip

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the only game more esoteric than la mulana

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Beat the Bonus Stage

hell yea, lucked out and didn't get any migs going after me on this one. i went up and down the 3x3 blocks of targets and SAMs then spammed flares and chaff so none of the SAM boats could do anything about me running away. very good pick, i was expecting to fight more migs but the "just walk away" strat turned it into a stealth fighter game.

turn off signatures

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

i could definitely finish chulip in a week if i forego some obligations

im not playing it agian so soon

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dragging my rear end back to base with a plane full of holes, a tank that's almost empty and several migs on my tail is awful.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dieting Hippo posted:

used up all my refuels on the day mission, sliced through the targets on the night mission. the missile auto-targeting is still super weird in the air-to-ground bits when i'm trying to shoot the target structure (go slow, even slower), but i'm getting the hang of it.

Select+B if you wanna try out the other missiles, Rockeye is a bit more manual but won't fire unless it buzzes, Paveway will let you do whatever but it's possible to miss because it follows the cursor. Somebody really good could probably shred through every target on afterburner with it but it limits dodging too much IMO. With so few opportunities to reset damage and it being all-or nothing this really plays more like a resource manager than anything.

What this game needs is for shooting the individual AA and SAMs in ground mode to chip 1-2 points of damage back

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 12, 2024

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Unlock Weapons

my strat of "draw bigger blobs after each match" is undefeated.

shame on an IGA posted:

Select+B if you wanna try out the other missiles, Rockeye is a bit more manual but won't fire unless it buzzes, Paveway will let you do whatever but it's possible to miss because it follows the cursor. Somebody really good could probably shred through every target on afterburner with it but it limits dodging too much IMO. With so few opportunities to reset damage and it being all-or nothing this really plays more like a resource manager than anything.

i saw that ability in the instruction manual, but by then i already got in the habit of flying low for mavericks and appreciate the fire-and-forget once that targeting square appears.

turn off signatures

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Da wizzo

copy
Jul 26, 2007

da wonduhfuw wizzo of ahz

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 3-8

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure (Genesis) - 1993 - Deadline 2/21/24 11:59EST

Ronald McDonald finds an old map and decides to take on the adventure. But he's only got one piece. A trio of villains are holding the other pieces. And just waiting for Ronald to show up! - Ronald tosses sparkling Magic to win against the Baddies. A special Scarf helps him swing on hooks and climb to higher ledges. Mounds of exciting rounds! Ronald tangles with the Baddies who drop gold and power-ups! Two games in one! Collect enough gold and play a matching game to win balloons, gems and goodies!

Treasure Land Adventure was developed by Treasure, who were commissioned to design a McDonald's game after the company was deemed too unknown to receive a publishing contract to develop Genesis games. Treasure agreed to pay their dues with this game so that they could finish development of Gunstar Heroes simultaneously.

a completely accurate depiction of Sega kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxP69Yfdbyw

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Have 7 jewels and 3 magic power
: Steal the train engineer's hat
: Beat the game on Normal
: Find a Block Game door in each world
: Beat the game on Expert (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 2/15/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to oddium for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

yeah, Treasure.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
good, good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU