Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Lamuella posted:

There was some guy earlier in the thread who tried to poo poo on Okada as a "flippy guy", a statement that establishes never having seen an Okada match.

I don't know how you could have that opinion even if you had seen Okada clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

El Generico posted:

Well you see he's friends with the Bucks, so

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A dropkick is basically half a flip

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Generico posted:

He was trained by Ultimo Dragon, must be flippy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

A dropkick is basically half a flip

He goes high enough that it counts as a full flip due to the vertical leap bonus

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

El Generico posted:

He's not a WWE guy, therefore he does nothing but flips and canadian destroyers and superkicks every single match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/OsheaJacksonJr/status/1756850473171309016

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

They're... literally in a leglock this whole time.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there any particular reason anyone should give a poo poo about ice cube’s son’s opinions on wrestling?

He isn’t like, training to be a wrestler, or doing analysis on wrestling history or anything, he’s just a minor actor and extremely minor musician who has cache because his father is famous and skilled, right?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

real sports rule because players don't have the freedom or agency to go to a different place to play in a style that better suits them or maybe offers more money. im a fan of boston sports teams, and all of those championships came from homegrown talent only. i remember drafting manny ramirez and david ortiz and josh beckett and kevin foulke and jason varitek like it was yesterday. almost as vividly as i remember "breaking the curse" in 2004

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

real sports rule because players don't have the freedom or agency to go to a different place to play in a style that better suits them or maybe offers more money. im a fan of boston sports teams, and all of those championships came from homegrown talent only. i remember drafting manny ramirez and david ortiz and josh beckett and kevin foulke and jason varitek like it was yesterday. almost as vividly as i remember "breaking the curse" in 2004

that's what got me lol, he acts like every major sports media person isn't constantly thinking about the next big free agent move

shohei going to the dodgers was like a 3 months long news cycle that dominated every other piece of sports news

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

little munchkin posted:

one of my favorite dumb wrestling post cliches is defining "famous" as how well known they are to me, a person who watches seven hours of one particular company each week

Your average random person on the street has no loving clue who Roman Reigns is and if you showed them a picture they'd guess it was the guy from Aquaman. Even people who watch Raw and Smackdown might not recognize the likes of Trick Williams or Bron Breaker! Rating the mainstream fame of pro wrestlers is a fool's game.

The_Rob posted:

It’s always funny to me too because like Okada is a known person in Japan. He throws out pitches at baseball games and shows up in random anime. King from Tekken has attire based off him and does the rainmaker. He’s not just some random guy working Japanese indies.

He's in the Yakuza games!

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 12, 2024

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

1glitch0 posted:

Your average random person on the street has no loving clue who Roman Reigns is and if you showed them a picture they'd guess it was the guy from Aquaman. Even people who watch Raw and Smackdown might not recognize the likes of Trick Williams or Bron Breaker! Rating the mainstream fame of pro wrestlers is a fool's game.

He's in the Yakuza games!

I would love to see the results of a pole of if more people think Roman is the guy from Aquaman or orange is the guy from Barbie

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kenny also has a cameo in one of them doesn't he?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Kenny also has a cameo in one of them doesn't he?

He has a support trooper in the Ishin remake which means he appears as what is essentially a card in a deck. His ability does have a unique attack animation in game, but he's aside from his photo on a card and when the attack is used, he doesn't appear elsewhere.

It's a massive difference from the modern NJPW guys in the 6 gang side story and the old NJPW guys in the Kiwami 2 construction side story.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

All the NJPW guys in 6 will hit you with their finishers in their respective boss battles and it’s bullshit that you can’t learn them as heat moves when the animations are clearly already in the game.

https://youtu.be/mTjbZg1osT0?feature=shared

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It all completely ignores that NJPW isn't in the position it was pre-pandemic and working for AEW allows their top guys to go to NJPW for the big shows. If NJPW can't afford to keep Okada then him going to AEW is literally their best option since it means there's opportunities for him to do matches for them in the future.

But we missed out on Roman kicking out of three Rainmakers at Sumerslam so it's all terrible.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its not a matter of "affording." Okada is rich as gently caress. He just wants to work america more regularly than the NJPW tour schedule allows.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

It all completely ignores that NJPW isn't in the position it was pre-pandemic and working for AEW allows their top guys to go to NJPW for the big shows. If NJPW can't afford to keep Okada then him going to AEW is literally their best option since it means there's opportunities for him to do matches for them in the future.

But we missed out on Roman kicking out of three Rainmakers at Sumerslam so it's all terrible.

This is the part of it that really makes me laugh at the salty njpw marks

Mox and Danielson were JUST doing NJPW shows to the point that their absence on AEW tv was actually visible, imo

Okada can go back anytime they have something for him, because Tony is a mark for the nwa, not for the wwf, and he likes the idea of touring wrestlers

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rotinaj posted:

Is there any particular reason anyone should give a poo poo about ice cube’s son’s opinions on wrestling?

He isn’t like, training to be a wrestler, or doing analysis on wrestling history or anything, he’s just a minor actor and extremely minor musician who has cache because his father is famous and skilled, right?

Because it's really loving funny that the son of Ice Cube is a really dumb internet wrestling mark.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Because it's really loving funny that the son of Ice Cube is a really dumb internet wrestling mark.

And that despite posting about it so much he can't even rival Julian NXT as The Strategic Leader of the WWE Universe.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
This is the thread for pointing and laughing at dumb wrestling takes, after all.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's the pedantry and entitlement that does it for me. "You can't argue with me because I'm talking about the caption on the clip! The caption says This Is Wrestling, why would someone caption it like that?? Please change how you tweet on your personal account for my sake".

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mercedes' Mone Feud with the Elite will be interesting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Both Miro and Andrade figured out pretty quick the checks still clear even if they don't work.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MassRafTer posted:

Mercedes' Mone Feud with the Elite will be interesting.

For the Women's Division, replace "The Elite" with Dr. Britt Baker, DMD.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Let us never forget Danhausen's 5 star classic with Kenny Omega.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

coconono posted:

Both Miro and Andrade figured out pretty quick the checks still clear even if they don't work.

Miro: I asked my God, whyyyy should I wrestle when BIG check clears every week? And he was silent

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
That darn Vicous Cycle. It's downright vicious sometimes.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this but it’s

tony makes a huge announcement
tony makes a big announcement
tony makes a major announcement
tony makes an important announcement

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this but it’s

Lest we forget the announcement of the announcement first!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

This has literally only happened with Andrade right? I'm drawing a blank on anyone else

And he never feuded with The Elite IIRC

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i guess you could make an argument that it happened to malakai but he would never admit to being injured

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this but it’s

and also the guy in the picture is smiling

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i guess you could make an argument that it happened to malakai but he would never admit to being injured

Honestly you could replace the the last two with "Gets Injured, Refuses to Acknowledge they're Injured and continues vagueposting about not being happy" because that does happen all the loving time in AEW for some reason

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have no idea where to put this besides starting a Southern States Wrestling thread and I don't think that's worth it, so I present a website full of stories from people Beau James scammed.

https://www.1wrestlinglegends.com/beaujames.htm

quote:

Reviews from people who have done business with Beau James

– Sadly, you aren't alone, Scott. He ripped me off too. Last July, I paid him 98 bucks thru PayPal for 2 years of Memphis TV, and have yet to get the sets, or the money back. Or even a pat on the bottom. Tried to contact him several times about it, got a few responses at first, but the last few times I tried to get him to contact me, which I gave up a few months ago, nothing. Years ago, he sent some stuff quickly, but I also had issues with him sending me some stuff extremely slowly, and having to "stay on him" about it, so I was gonna give up ordering from him then, but gave it one more chance with the Memphis sets, and got burned. I'll never order from him again, which is sad, cause I don't dislike the guy, and I want to support guys like him, but it's very angering and frustrating to be ripped off, as you now well know, Scott. Just sucks. We don't deserve it. I think you can vouch for me as a good customer, Scott, and dealing with you has always been a pleasure. Wish they were all like you out there. My guess with Beau is, he's having money, and/or other issues, but that's no excuse, especially when he just goes into "ignore you" mode. I have not gone public with my being ripped off by him, but since I'm not the only one, I might. Feel free to send this e-mail to him if you want, Scott.

– I don't do business with him, Scott. He spends most of his time trying to put himself over as a wrestling legend, but most of us know that is a "work."

– Sad that our business has crap like this going on. You know over the years we talk about the old promoter cheating the boys, but I truly believe I have been screwed more by young people in the past 20 years then all the old-line promoters combined.

– I feel your pain. He promised me a copy of the book since I supplied many of the photos he used in it. Naturally, that was long on promise and short on book.

– Hate you are having problems with Beau. I had the same issue with him back in 2012, took him 7 weeks to get my stuff to me. Told me he had mailed stuff out before he left for the reunion and then told me he mailed later. After I ripped him on a message board, he finally sent my stuff and told me he was a busy man and that was why my stuff was so late. Why LIE? Don't understand why XXXX and others think so highly of him.

– Holy smokes, Scott. Had the same issue with a book of his a few years back. He finally sent it, but it stinks that he's doing that to you.

– He picked up some XXXX at our table and asked me if it would be okay if he sent the money after he got home. I never got it.

– I have been burned, too. I ordered his new Memphis book and he never sent it. I'm done with Beau. He calls himself a Christian.

– I've heard this a lot over the last few years. Likable guy. I just don't get why he does this.

– What a piece of work ... and his profile pic has him standing in a pulpit preaching ... smh ... on the legend gimmick, the only office I know he worked for was the dying days of Mempho, and since then, he's refused to work me. Has told promoters I was too stiff. He didn't tell me, though. Guys like him really piss me off. Thanks for smartening everybody up. Take care.

It's just story after story of people getting scammed. But why put it in this thread? Everyone in PSP knows Beau would never lie to anyone!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kennel posted:

and also the guy in the picture is Tony

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ok, someone buying RING WORN BEAU JAMES ITEMS does actually belong in this thread as they might be the strangest person to ever live.

quote:

– Beau is one person that has burned me and a few others that I've bought ring worn stuff and they didn't deliver. Its very sad and hurtful that they do things like that, especially to their fans like me and their friends like you, but I am grateful that I'm blessed enough to be able to recover from those financial losses. I guess they're way more in need than me if they have to con and steal to make their living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this but it’s

But has he made a large announcement yet?