Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jurassic Park but in a world where goons READ THE THREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

a jurassic park movie where one of the dinosaurs is a paramedic in Dinohattan who develops the power to see the future... and realizes she can use that insight to change it. Forced to confront revelations about her past, she forges a relationship with three young dinosaurs bound for powerful destinies... if they can all survive a deadly present.

Sounds very dynamic

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Jurassic park, but it's just the good Mario brothers movie.

But also the dinosaur win, like they should of to begin with.

Edit: Back to the future: Jurassic Armageddon The Dino's in the park get smart, read some history books, create a time machine, and train some dinosaur miners how to go into space and stop the asteroid from hitting earth and wiping their kin out in the first place.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 12, 2024

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Jurassic Park, but dinosaurs have evolved the ability to speak and they live with humans in harmony and racism. A T-rex cop is paired with a black lady and they have to learn to overcome their differences.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

JediTalentAgent posted:

A Jurassic Park movie where the new owners are so goddamned obsessed with the idea of cavemen living at the same time as dinosaurs that the new park has cloned cromagnons, neanderthals, etc. to coexist in the park with them to prove it MIGHT have been feasible.

Cut to a story about how the new owner, as a child, watched a cartoon of cavemen fighting dinosaurs and how his heart was broken when he got to high school and learned that it could have never happened.

Sponsored by Geico

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

JP but it's giant Jordan Petersons stomping around philosophising about your imperfections and dirty room.

Now THAT's horror.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lobsterminator posted:

Jurassic Park, but dinosaurs have evolved the ability to speak and they live with humans in harmony and racism. A T-rex cop is paired with a black lady and they have to learn to overcome their differences.

Oh you can't not include the poster:

90's dinosaur puppets were great.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

dr_rat posted:

So in Jurassic WW2 films, which dinos are on the good side and which dinos are on the nazi side?

Feel like t-rex is defiantly on the good side.

The carnivores are the bad guys

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Space Kablooey posted:

The carnivores are the bad guys

Oh man are the good guys not going to win Dino WW2.

:(

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
are there any good docs or full movies on youtube that you would recommend? i need to waste time at work and i refuse to do anything productive today

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PostNouveau posted:

Sounds very dynamic

Will we learn that the primary villain was in the Amazon with the dinosaur's mom when she was researching spiders right before she died?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

dr_rat posted:

Oh you can't not include the poster:

90's dinosaur puppets were great.

This just looks like the dad from the tv show
Dinosaurs!

Also, are his shoes three pairs of converse stitched together?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

are there any good docs or full movies on youtube that you would recommend? i need to waste time at work and i refuse to do anything productive today

Noclip has some good docos on a bunch of videogames

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Godzilla vs T Rex vs Transformers

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sunk Dunk posted:

Here are three, making up about 7 and a half hours of content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9OhTB5eBqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVOF2PiHnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4AdFD3E2ok

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Ugh you disgusting fool. Look what you’ve done!

You forgot the Evan Hansen one!

https://youtu.be/8quWUSZCW5g?si=u62Ui7j9mzyp0wy7

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

poisonpill posted:

This just looks like the dad from the tv show
Dinosaurs!

Also, are his shoes three pairs of converse stitched together?

See it's cuz a dinosaur foot has three long toes and a normal pair of converse could never cover the spread without being clownishly large. This is the thinking man's dinosaur movie with modern solutions.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
T-rex vs the Nixon administration

It could work as political thriller or horror movie!

Or both!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

die

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gutcruncher posted:

Ugh you disgusting fool. Look what you’ve done!

You forgot the Evan Hansen one!

https://youtu.be/8quWUSZCW5g?si=u62Ui7j9mzyp0wy7

That is a good one, as is Church Play Cinematic Universe. But there are only 8 hours in a work day and I don't want to keep other posters from their families while they catch up on all the genius Jenny has to offer.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the dark fate of jenny, is to have spent 10 times longer thinking about the star wars hotel than anyone actually involved in making it

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

the evermore video is advanced level Jenny. i wouldn't recommend it to a beginner

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I want Jenny and Mike to get married then they can both finally have someone who loves and hates ghost shows as much as they do.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I can't always get into Jenny videos but some of them are pretty entertaining. I know she still exists but doesn't seem to make videos any more. Did she move to some other platform or project?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I can't always get into Jenny videos but some of them are pretty entertaining. I know she still exists but doesn't seem to make videos any more. Did she move to some other platform or project?

I think she mostly does patreon with the very rare big project type video going to YouTube

Edit: I’m just naturally assuming her saying “I didn’t like joker” caused this shift

mystes
May 31, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Apparently she posts less focused monthly videos on her patreon (where she's raking in like $40k/month) and she's supposedly been working on a new youtube video for a year

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Goddamn 40k a month to sperg about whatever obsession nobody else gives a poo poo about for hours, and I’ve been doing it for free. Life ain’t easy for those with the faces of ghouls.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Yeah I've liked some of her videos but I'm not about to subscribe to her patreon, but all I can say is props to her for somehow getting that many people to throw money at her

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jenny's very good at producing patreon only content on a reliable schedule, at a reasonable price point, and in sufficient quantity to satisfy the content hounds. I feel like compared to the output of a lot of the other big patreon tubers she absolutely earns it.

I mean granted usually that content is "unhinged free associative multihour rants about some obscure disney or theme park marginalia" but presumably that's a feature not a bug for the jenny gang

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 12, 2024

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm super happy for her success, but yeah I'm not paying for jenny content. Good for her though! 40k!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

mystes posted:

Apparently she posts less focused monthly videos on her patreon (where she's raking in like $40k/month) and she's supposedly been working on a new youtube video for a year

drat that's like $1 for every jump cut

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gutcruncher posted:

I think she mostly does patreon with the very rare big project type video going to YouTube

Edit: I’m just naturally assuming her saying “I didn’t like joker” caused this shift

You can watch the shift happen in real time during her video on Endgame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjOozxG8b5c

At 14:56 she literally breaks into the video saying "yeah, I don't give a poo poo about this Marvel slop and don't want to talk about it anymore", and spends the last 8 minutes explaining why she doesn't want to bother with covering that kind of stuff anymore (partially because if she doesn't care and doesn't feel that she has something worth saying, why bother; and partially because she knows that whatever video she releases on <insert nerd property here> is going to get a lot of weirdos being angry at her).

Basically she did on-video what the RLM crew kinda did behind the scenes and just alluded to when they stopped covering every blockbuster "nerd" movie on HitB.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If, like, RLM was producing twice as much content but half of it was paywalled, how much are they charging and pulling in? I'd think they'd have a much higher ceiling than 40k per month. poo poo, they might get that with their current patron which gives zero benefits

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

You can watch the shift happen in real time during her video on Endgame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjOozxG8b5c

At 14:56 she literally breaks into the video saying "yeah, I don't give a poo poo about this Marvel slop and don't want to talk about it anymore", and spends the last 8 minutes explaining why she doesn't want to bother with covering that kind of stuff anymore (partially because if she doesn't care and doesn't feel that she has something worth saying, why bother; and partially because she knows that whatever video she releases on <insert nerd property here> is going to get a lot of weirdos being angry at her).

Basically she did on-video what the RLM crew kinda did behind the scenes and just alluded to when they stopped covering every blockbuster "nerd" movie on HitB.

Good for her. She was always at her best talking about poo poo like embarrassing reality shows, embarrassing ghost shows, and embarrassing hallmark YouTube channels. The stuff she actually enjoys.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The boys could probably double or triple their patreon with pretty minimal effort. Make one patreon exclusive video every month consistently, make it at like a 3 or 5 dollar tier instead of the 15 dollars(???????????????) it currently is.

That's it, that's the business plan

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

No Mods No Masters posted:

The boys could probably double or triple their patreon with pretty minimal effort. Make one patreon exclusive video every month consistently, make it at like a 3 or 5 dollar tier instead of the 15 dollars(???????????????) it currently is.

That's it, that's the business plan

True. They could also probably make as much or more if they started doing in-video ads for NordVPN or World of Tanks or whatever. It's pretty admirable that they've decided to eschew all that despite Mike's ever-increasing appetite for TNG props.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I’d happily sit through hellofresh ads so Mike could buy the Ressikan flute

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

They need to just blow their wad and make a big dumb movie where dinosaurs terrorize the world in a bunch of overblown set pieces. They’ve been teasing that poo poo for 30 loving years now. There is nothing else left to do with the franchise.

Or well… I guess you could squeeze out one more lower budget sequel after that about dinosaurs in space. Call it “Jurassic Universe” or some poo poo.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 12, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

colonelwest posted:

They need to just blow their wad and make a big dumb movie we’re dinosaurs terrorize the world. They’ve been teasing that poo poo for 30 loving years now. There is nothing else left to do with the franchise.

If they do this they will make that the b plot, the film will spend nearly on the time on some bs main plot that no one cares about.

Dinosaurs rule the world now, oh that nice, but we really need to make sure this talent show still goes a head, so we can win the money to save the local community center!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Endless Trash posted:

I’d happily sit through hellofresh ads so Mike could buy the Ressikan flute

Mike wouldn't be able to resist turning the "it makes cooking a fresh, healthy mean so simple!" copy they give to all youtubers into an ad where Rich commits ever-increasing acts of boobery around a kitchen set until finally setting the whole thing on fire.