Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have never even read/watched jojo and just through sheer osmosis I still know it's one of the most nutty series ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sentinel Red posted:

Q. wtf is Jo Jo’s Bizarre Adventure and why do like 99% of the character designs look so absurdly cool? Hobby Link Japan sent me an email about having a sale and a bunch of this stuff was in there - it took all of my restraint not to snap up a load of these lanky weirdos. Luckily the one I liked the most (some green haired lady) was already sold out so crisis averted.

Some times I feel like the only one who doesn't care for the art style of that franchise. Not to say all the designs are bad, but most of the time I see the various characters pose and start to crack up.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

Some times I feel like the only one who doesn't care for the art style of that franchise. Not to say all the designs are bad, but most of the time I see the various characters pose and start to crack up.

I'm no expert, but I assumed the ridiculousness was the point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a lot of "jojo poses" are from fashion magazines and shows, that at least I know. he loves to peruse the magazines for the craziest photos he can find, then make his characters do those poses.

so imagine you've got some big pivotal moment in a fight, plot twist and twist, reversal after reversal, and then a character suddenly pulls a pose out of a versace catalog. the ridiculousness is the point, on top of characters being named after famous bands, jojos is a very silly series

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

JoJo is good and cool,though not all JoJo is created equal. Jolene's is probably my favorite arc so far.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

I'm no expert, but I assumed the ridiculousness was the point.

That might be the case. It just doesn't gel with my own taste.

Captain Invictus posted:

a lot of "jojo poses" are from fashion magazines and shows, that at least I know. he loves to peruse the magazines for the craziest photos he can find, then make his characters do those poses.

so imagine you've got some big pivotal moment in a fight, plot twist and twist, reversal after reversal, and then a character suddenly pulls a pose out of a versace catalog. the ridiculousness is the point, on top of characters being named after famous bands, jojos is a very silly series

A lot of manga artist seem to like fashion a great deal. I half expected some to actually do some clothing lines. They come off as having a passion for it with how they design the characters and the clothing they wear.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

JoJo is good and cool,though not all JoJo is created equal. Jolene's is probably my favorite arc so far.

I do like her design.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I tried one of the first series but bounced off it when one of the ongoing 'gags' was 'the guy is rude to his mom' which was not helped by like just having lost my own.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Jojo is an awesome anime and manga, would definitely reccomend.

Got my event-exclusive Gokus a few days ago

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
New ULTIMATES! came in today.

B-ball Donnie

Scumbug, one of the best toys of my childhood

and the loving HUGE Wingnut and Screwloose

Yolopark Megatrton makes a cameo in the background, he's sweet

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

New ULTIMATES! came in today.

B-ball Donnie

I'm finding Donnie's cleft basketball sneakers to be weirdly disturbing

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I heard you folks like some Zelda.

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1756472146946036139

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

thiccabod posted:

I'm finding Donnie's cleft basketball sneakers to be weirdly disturbing

Link’s still not naked enough. :colbert:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I super happy there's finally going to be a high quality Ganondorf figure

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
let's go over all the WonFes stuff, shall we? the...the page for all the Goodsmile stuff is...extensive. so let's go over some highlights! click that link for the full list of everything! be careful clicking on stuff in there, there's some really, REALLY horny statues in that list.

They're really going loving wild this year, I think this might be the most stacked product list from an WonFes reveal list I've seen, and I think it shows with the number of blank grey prototypes being shown off rather than even painted prototypes.

Nendoroids(and Nendoroid Dolls)!

Elden Ring! Freddy Fazbear! Yakuza MCs!

:siren:DELICIOUS IN DUNGEON:siren: I AM BUYING ALL OF THESE

Frieren! and Bocchi the Rock!

My Dress-Up Darling! Fullmetal Alchemist!

their millionth Hatsune Miku nendoroid! BANG BRAVE BANG BRAVERN! Shylily!

loving JAWS!!!!! lmaooooo

non-Nendoroids!

Figma!

:siren:DELICIOUS IN DUNGEON:siren: I AM BUYING ALL OF THESE OW gently caress MY WALLET

Ninomae Ina'nis! Elden Ring!

Zelda Tears of the Kingdom!!!!!!

some sick loving robots!

oh also there's this statue of Kirby voring a car lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Finally, a good loving Ganondorf figure

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They're also doing a Falin Popup Parade figure. It's not clear if this is a supplement to the Figma line or if DiD is also getting full PuP support.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's a good figure but I prefer the high quality articulated ones so I can have them doing stupid or cool poses

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Surely the first two Frieren nendos can’t be Himmel and Stark. I’m guessing Frieren and Fern are already announced?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Maybe its just because I am playing it right now, but I am more excited for the Ichiban nendoriod than I am the Zelda figs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Surely the first two Frieren nendos can’t be Himmel and Stark. I’m guessing Frieren and Fern are already announced?
if you see an announcement for a secondary character nendo/figma, it's very likely the main characters have already been announced or released.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

God damnit I'm gonna need those Zelda figures.

And a LOT of those Nendoroids

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Yep, and up for pre-order which is closing soon.

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-frieren-12079?search=Frieren

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-fern-12077?search=Frieren

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Sheesh, I'm definitely in for that Chun-Li scale statue, the Delicious in Dungeon set, and the Link/Zelda/Ganondorf trio.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Prototype Miriko from Kaiyodo being shown

https://x.com/kaiyodo_PR/status/1756520758845776081?s=20

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Don't want to yuck anyone's yum--that Ganondorf looks insanely sick--but I still want TP or OoT Ganondorf. I'll probably still get this 'Dorf, just to support the company making more villains and maybe someday getting around to actually making a more iconic Ganondorf.

The Link and Zelda I can pass on. I love BotW, but TotK left me really cold and I don't like these designs for them.

Might have to go all-in on the D-in-D crew, tho.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I want to be excited for this one, but for a character who is 100% of the time going to be posed doing some wild kicking pose... those thigh/crotch articulation cuts look pretty ugly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Are Bandai/SHfiguarts at the show?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I need that mouthful Kirby yesterday

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

The_Doctor posted:

Are Bandai/SHfiguarts at the show?

Bandai doesn't go to those shows most of the time and does their own events, sometimes the MonsterArts team shows up but that's usually it

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Maybe its just because I am playing it right now, but I am more excited for the Ichiban nendoriod than I am the Zelda figs.

I only have one Nendroid (the GITD Vader) and generally don't care for the line, but those LAD ones are VERY tempting.

Also, I'm surprised we haven't seen more LAD figures, especially with how popular the series is nowadays.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

It's really crime how little there is in the way of Yakuza/LAD stuff. I'd kill for a solid Figuarts/Figma Kiryu

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Yeah, especially considering the remold value with all the different costume variants for Kiryu/Majima/Ichiban they could release.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

robot roll call posted:

It's really crime how little there is in the way of Yakuza/LAD stuff. I'd kill for a solid Figuarts/Figma Kiryu

They made Figmas of Kiryu and Majima about 10 years ago. I got Kiryu, and when I looked for Majima a few years ago he was $350 :(

EDIT: but yeah, it's insane that I can list pretty much all of the LAD action figures made in the last 20 years because there are only like 4

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 12, 2024

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Asmus made a couple of 8" scale figures that look kinda poo poo.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I have those, I put them back in the box to disguise the fact they look like $100 Megos

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The latest og FF7 Bring Arts figures are up for pre-order on sites like AmiAmi and BBTS for those who want them (me)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/list/?s_keywords=final%20fantasy%20vii

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If anyone has any 1/12 scale chairs they need filled, BBTS has Mezco Darkseid on sale https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/73130?o=10

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sla’ker is up on Target’s site

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1757080329796436103?s=46

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Looking forward to ordering this doofus on Friday

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1757118088447676590?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

If anyone has any 1/12 scale chairs they need filled, BBTS has Mezco Darkseid on sale https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/73130?o=10

I love that Darkseid and paid more for him, hell of a deal for that hefty stone lad