Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There is nothing I could say that would be worse than being Irish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh aye laddie

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Robot Style posted:

Ah yeah, that's the one where the comments are full of people making detailed comments about how Zack Snyder would kill them in a movie for being gay.

lol I knew what this was even without clicking through the age restriction

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The first video I linked addresses bits of that video. All the videos posted, and I've seen many of them before, are explorations of the films rather than rebuttals. It is nice to watch stuff that picked up on Snyder's work not being didactic and wants people to come to their own conclusions and give them something to think about. Of course, telling stories this way does open it up to some really wild readings especially if you're inclined to dislike the director or believe him to believe in certain sociopolitical ideologies.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Someone release the Snyder Nut

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I appreciate the links, thanks again everyone!

Except you, CeltPred! What I'd ever do to you, huh? :argh:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I rewatched Batman Returns for the first time in over a decade and I forgot that Keaton straight up kills at least one bad guy in it. So grimdark!

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
It’s okay because he smiles while he does it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Alexander Hamilton posted:

It’s okay because he smiles while he does it

You know who else smiles as they kill people :twisted:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I mean there's that scene in the first one where he mows down a group of Joker's henchmen with machine guns mounted on the batmobile

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Clearly installed that machine gun into the bat mobile and jet for non lethal reasons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Batling guns

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Agent Rush posted:

I appreciate the links, thanks again everyone!

Except you, CeltPred! What I'd ever do to you, huh? :argh:

😈

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I mean there's that scene in the first one where he mows down a group of Joker's henchmen with machine guns mounted on the batmobile

Rubber henchmen, honest

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

checkplease posted:

Clearly installed that machine gun into the bat mobile and jet for non lethal reasons.
I remember someone positing on Reddit that the machines guns and missile on the Batwing in Batman '89 were for scaring criminals and that Batman wasn't trying to kill the Joker at the end, just scare him away.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Burton's Batman is just delightfully unhinged in all aspects of design, and it's great. It's more cartoony than the cartoon that was based on it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There is absolute glee on his face when Batman blows up that henchman with dynamite.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Detective No. 27 posted:

There is absolute glee on his face when Batman blows up that henchman with dynamite.

Hell same

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Burton's Batman is just delightfully unhinged in all aspects of design, and it's great. It's more cartoony than the cartoon that was based on it.

Are you talking about the '77 one or the '68 one?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Sad no visual effects Oscar nom for rebel moon. It made the short list but not the final cut. I doubt would have won, but there would have been some anger.

Luckily Snyder already has his awards.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Batman returns was Burtons response that actually, getting rid of a bomb is pretty dang easy

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

McCloud posted:

Batman returns was Burtons response that actually, getting rid of a bomb is pretty dang easy

It was the 90s, every hero was like "I have to do what is NECESSARY* to get rid of this bomb, no matter how messy!"

*i.e. fun

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I haven't seen Batman Returns in a while. I'm rewatching the ZS DCEU trilogy while using my treadmill, so the Burton films might be next up. I forgot about the bomb and had to google it. This is the first image I found.

lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You gotta admit, that bit was loving hilarious.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You gotta admit, that bit was loving hilarious.

The Burton movies, while not my favorites, are solid Batman films. I enjoy them for what they are: fun takes on the character that gave birth to DCAU Batman and Shirley Walker's kickass Batman soundtrack.

Grendels Dad posted:

It was the 90s, every hero was like "I have to do what is NECESSARY* to get rid of this bomb, no matter how messy!"

*i.e. fun

Hmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KrNxZc73JI

Checks out

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

For clarification, I did not bring up the moment out of criticism. That scene rules.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

For clarification, I did not bring up the moment out of criticism. That scene rules.

NOT MY BATMAN!!!

(Edit: Changed pic because I realized it was made by some dumb chud YouTube channel)

Bogus Adventure fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 26, 2024

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Watching true detective season 3 and goddamn,Ray fisher didn’t need no CGI that man has a cartoon body.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
lol i was just watching man of steel, which I consider a great movie, and anyway jonathan kent's gravestone (spoilers) says 1951 - 1997. Meaning he was 46 when he died. jesus. fella had a tough life.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

On a farm!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Looking older than you are must run in the family - Clark looked 30 when he was 17 at the time of Jonathan Kent’s death.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah it’s definitely genetic.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol i was just watching man of steel, which I consider a great movie, and anyway jonathan kent's gravestone (spoilers) says 1951 - 1997. Meaning he was 46 when he died. jesus. fella had a tough life.

his libertarian body-fascist beliefs were obviously aging him prematurely op

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That's just what farming does to ya.

And Kryptonians age like Saiyans, they shoot right from 8 to 30 over puberty and stay like that til their 70s.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I had a weird dream a couple nights ago where I was watching a football movie (think Necessary Roughness or The Replacements, or maybe even Any Given Sunday) that was directed by Zack Snyder. I think my brain just extrapolated the brief football scene from ZSJL into a whole movie. I woke up thinking "dang, I'd probably really enjoy a sports movie directed by him"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Snyder's take on Any Given Sunday would loving rule.

I'm not a football fan, but I love that movie.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It would be a waste if he directed a movie about a real sport instead of, like, phantom rugby or roller ball murder.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
NFL Blitz: The Movie

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Zack Snyder should make a wrestling movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Zack Snyder’s Mutant League Football, obviously.